Forum Settings
Forums

Will otaku die if main anime girls aren't pure, but like healthy sex with lots of different guys?

New
Jan 16, 2015 9:03 AM
Sep 2007
Aside from hentai; not that they havo to show actual sex, just imply it.

I mean, okay, not every girl has to like such things - even though it's normal that they do.

Since, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt I don't remember anime where main heroine having sex with lots of guys simply for fun.

It's like there is some barrier and rule that they must only be pure for the main male guy (who is kinda like avatar for viewers, I think).

And everyone knows that even girls in Japan too aren't so saint.

It just surprises me, why are girls who like having sex (which is absolutely normal) with various men so rare as main heroines?

Like, sex itself doesn't need to be focus of anime, but just that is something as part of their lives.

Do otaku see those other guys that aren't main male character as people who steal their beloved girls?

EDIT: NO, THIS ISN'T TROLL THREAD.
IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, NO ONE FORCES YOU TO POST IN IT.
KleferiJan 16, 2015 11:32 AM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2015 9:04 AM

Feb 2013
Yes
Jan 16, 2015 9:05 AM

Jul 2014
Would rather you have a slut or a normal virgin girl?
Is that what you're asking?

Nov 2012
yes

Jan 2013
im confused

Nov 2008
They rage against the anime and the creators, which means merchandise and BD/DVD sales sales will go down or cease entirely. Remember what happened with Kannagi.

I just think the "purity" concept should be phased out.

Jan 16, 2015 9:10 AM
Sep 2007
Okashi_sama said:
Normal virgin girl?
Sorry, but that normal virgin girl is a human being just as anyone else, and has her needs, and is naturally attracted to more than just one man, even if she isn't saying anything.

Also, calling someone slut for enjoying something totally normal as sex with various people.
Jan 16, 2015 9:10 AM

Dec 2012
> like healthy sex with lots of different guys

Since most of them are in highschool and pretty young, that line doesn't make any sense.
Jan 16, 2015 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
So rather have a slut that has taken dozens of Dicks then a pure and honest love?
Cool, hope you like the putting your dck in another man's semen.
Jan 16, 2015 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
Garfild said:
Okashi_sama said:
Normal virgin girl?
Sorry, but that normal virgin girl is a human being just as anyone else, and has her needs, and is naturally attracted to more than just one man, even if she isn't saying anything.
Being attracted to others is one thing. having sex with many as possible is another.
Jan 16, 2015 9:12 AM
Sep 2007
tsudecimo said:

Since most of them are in highschool and pretty young, that line doesn't make any sense.
Let us be honest, most of people has sex during high school.
Jan 16, 2015 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
Okashi_sama said:

''Normal'', lol.

Disclaimer: There is nothing wrong with being a virgin though, you're not a bad person for not being one either.
Jan 16, 2015 9:18 AM
Sep 2007
Of course there is nothing wrong in being a virgin.

But these pure heroines make it seem like you will go to hell if your hymen is broken, or have sex with more than one guy.

Somehow, I'm not surprised there are such disgusting terms in Japan like Yamato nadeshiko...
Jan 16, 2015 9:18 AM

Sep 2013
OP is a racist scumbag, didn't mention black people or gays, why only white anime girls? :(
Jan 16, 2015 9:21 AM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
OP is a racist scumbag, didn't mention black people or gays, why only white anime girls? :(

well .... ange is kinda gay ;)

Dec 2012
Garfild said:
tsudecimo said:

Umm no. Even if we try and pretend the whole world has the same culture as USA, it's still in college that most people explore their sexuality.

Japan's culture is different than US. Having a lot of sex partners during highschool is something highly uncommon, unless she is a prostitute, or a Gyaru or Ganguro.
Sep 2009
Okashi_sama said:

First of all, what a narrow way to look at things.
Secondly, yes if she is done correctly. Believe it or not, I'm more interested in a character being compelling than I am about how much sex that character has. It's a fictional character, it's not like I'm dating her nor could I ever, so why should I care.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Jan 16, 2015 9:23 AM

Jul 2014
WAD1992 said:
ichii_1 said:

#shotsfired

Jan 16, 2015 9:23 AM

Dec 2012
Garfild said:

Somehow, I'm not surprised there are such disgusting terms in Japan like Yamato nadeshiko...

Sigh.

Sorry not every country shares the culture of your country.
Jan 16, 2015 9:24 AM

Jul 2014
judojon said:
Okashi_sama said:

Secondly, yes if she is done correctly. Believe it or not, I'm more interested in a character being compelling than I am about how much sex that character has. It's a fictional character, it's not like I'm dating her, so why should I care.

lol, pulling the "it's fictional so it's ok" card. nice one mate.
Jan 16, 2015 9:24 AM

Sep 2013
WAD1992 said:
ichii_1 said:

Episode 14, CONCESSION ACCEPTED
GG
Jan 16, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
Garfild said:
tsudecimo said:

are u from west? bceause we dont have that shit tradition here. have sex before marriage = slut. thats the mindset here
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 16, 2015 9:25 AM

Jun 2011
tsudecimo said:
Garfild said:

Umm no. Even if we try and pretend the whole world has the same culture as USA, it's still in college that most people explore their sexuality.

Japan's culture is different than US. Having a lot of sex partners during highschool is something highly uncommon, unless she is a prostitute, or a Gyaru or Ganguro.
well depends where you live in the U.S, pretty common here for it to be in highschool if not middle school now lol.

But yeah different society, not to mention that for a love interest of what is usually an unpopular innocent guy (guys are always virgin to but no one seems to care <.<) it would make since that he's falling for the cute innocent girl.
Jan 16, 2015 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
judojon said:
Okashi_sama said:

Secondly, yes if she is done correctly. Believe it or not, I'm more interested in a character being compelling than I am about how much sex that character has. It's a fictional character, it's not like I'm dating her nor could I ever, so why should I care.

Well if we think about what otaku think then I'm sure they will care.
DojJan 16, 2015 9:43 AM

Jan 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Nov 2012
by the way, does anyone know what happen to the fans when that one AKB48 member become JAV actrees?
just curious
Jan 16, 2015 9:28 AM

Feb 2010
Okashi_sama said:

That maxed out either my sarcasm-o-meter or the sexism-o-meter. I can't tell.

Anyway, Japanese society is sexist, that shouldn't be news. Otaku are even worse, also no secret. I'm not a fan of all the 'a man looked at me now I can't get married' jokes (among other stuff) in anime either but that's the mindset you can expect from 75% of all anime so it doesn't really bother me at this point.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 16, 2015 9:30 AM

Sep 2013
Okashi_sama said:
judojon said:

Secondly, yes if she is done correctly. Believe it or not, I'm more interested in a character being compelling than I am about how much sex that character has. It's a fictional character, it's not like I'm dating her, so why should I care.

LOL what a hypocrite, guess he doesn't want his girlfriend doing dozens of men but it's okay for other girls.
Jan 16, 2015 9:34 AM
Dec 2010
XD why would the otaku die? The ones who will die will be the creators of the anime, since they would go bankrupt and starve to death if not enough people buy their works.
Jan 16, 2015 9:36 AM
Sep 2009
Okashi_sama said:
judojon said:

Yeah, one of my favorite manga has a woman who's a straight up prostitute. However, she's also a compelling character, so I see no reason why the amount of sex a character has is relevant to their quality as a character.
Jan 16, 2015 9:38 AM

Nov 2012
judojon said:
Okashi_sama said:

Yeah, one of my favorite manga has a woman who's a straight up prostitute. However, she's also a compelling character, so I see no reason why the amount of sex a character has is relevant to their quality as a character.
onani master kurosawa? the yankee tsundere 2cute :p
Jan 16, 2015 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Okashi_sama said:

That maxed out either my sarcasm-o-meter or the sexism-o-meter. I can't tell.

But did i break them?
Jan 16, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2011
judojon said:

they usually want otakus to basically fall in love with the character..... and you shouldn't fall in love with a lady of the night :p
ninjastarforcex said:
onani master kurosawa? the yankee tsundere 2cute :p
man guess I haven't got to that part yet, awesome freaking manga btw
Jan 16, 2015 9:42 AM

Dec 2012
judojon said:

Name of the manga?
Jan 16, 2015 9:43 AM
Sep 2009
ichii_1 said:
Okashi_sama said:

LOL what a hypocrite, guess he doesn't want his girlfriend doing dozens of men but it's okay for other girls.

No, it's just that she's a factional character, and if her sleeping with a lot of men feeds into the themes of the story well, then I don't see any reason to complain.
NeverKnowsBest26Jan 16, 2015 9:50 AM
Jan 16, 2015 9:44 AM
Sep 2009
tsudecimo said:
judojon said:

Name of the manga?

'Pink' by Kyouko Okazaki
Jan 16, 2015 9:47 AM

Feb 2010
ichii_1 said:
Okashi_sama said:

Normal people can judge a character in a story based on how well they are written and not based on whether you want them as your waifu or not. Only ever judging female characters by that standard is very sexist/disgusting.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 16, 2015 9:51 AM

Jun 2011
is it just me or do the guys here seem to care about this issue more <.<
Jan 16, 2015 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
Killaclown said:
Waifu business is serious business.
Self-insertion is also serious business.
Can't have the waifu cheating on me.
Jan 16, 2015 9:57 AM

Jun 2011
Okashi_sama said:
Killaclown said:
lol true dat.
@ at OP and others, I don't see the problem the guy is usually all innocent too so aren't you being the sexist one only mentioning/caring about the girl?
Jan 16, 2015 9:58 AM

Sep 2013
Killaclown said:

There are girls on MAL? :O
Jan 16, 2015 9:59 AM

Mar 2014
Jan 16, 2015 9:59 AM
Sep 2009
Okashi_sama said:
Killaclown said:

Lol. This response just made my day.
Jan 16, 2015 10:01 AM

Nov 2012
ichii_1 said:
Killaclown said:

no
Jan 16, 2015 10:04 AM
Dec 2014
Purity is overrated as fuck.
Jan 16, 2015 10:16 AM

Dec 2012
"Healthy sex with lots of different guys"

Lol, that's an even bigger fantasy than a pure waifu. There's nothing healthy about having multiple partners, condoms don't stop everything.

But to answer the topic from my viewpoint, I'm going to say that a female lead who engages in sex is not unwelcome, but please do not remind me of the flock of college sluts I have to hang around on a daily basis by bringing in dirty sloppy second party girls who get drunk and get crunk on the D boiiiii!
Jan 16, 2015 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
"Healthy sex with lots of different guys"

Lol.......does it even work that way
Jan 16, 2015 10:20 AM

Jul 2012
silverwalls said:
ichii_1 said:

no
not at all
we're all guys actually
Jan 16, 2015 10:20 AM

Jun 2011
mayukachan said:
silverwalls said:

no
not at all
we're all guys actually
I always expected.....
Jan 16, 2015 10:29 AM

May 2014
Garfild said:
Of course there is nothing wrong in being a virgin.

But these pure heroines make it seem like you will go to hell if your hymen is broken, or have sex with more than one guy.

Totally not like that. I don't like the "pure being" shown as Yamato Nadeshiko, I think I'd be nervous around either such perfection or such acting skills, but isn't that the same kind of role model as a Barbie or a model or whatever?

But that aside, let's be honest here: If somehow a choice is given to me about the girl I love for her to be virgin or experienced, I prefer the virgin. Why? Because I can't stand imagining another guy touching her. Of course, I wouldn't reject her if she isn't and I don't want her to lie, but ideally, I'd feel nicer being the one and only.
Jan 16, 2015 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
This thread reminds me of this girl who sucked off 1/3 of her school when she had herpes.

#Louisiana
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Have y'all seen Rainbow?

MillerEvans23 - 15 minutes ago

1 by Toooooooooohru »»
46 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
7 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Maou_heika »»
23 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

74 by Kruszer »»
33 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 57 minutes ago

2 by KayKimii »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.