Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 15, 2015 1:52 PM
Sep 2014
Well, recently I decided to erase all hentai my hard drive, my friends recommended me that if the aim least erased the names. the fact is that I ordered the credits distinita way and I do not like the anime hentai visualize in my normal list, so I post here making the request.

Ask people and they said they would agree with me, for what it's worth ....

Jan 15, 2015 1:54 PM

Jul 2012
Just private your list.

Or use tags that say "nsfw" or something.
Jan 15, 2015 2:09 PM

Mar 2013
From the sticky thread in this forum board:

"Semi-private anime/manga list, friend only"
The amount of work it takes to implement this feature is not in balance with the amount of people that would benefit from this idea. It's either hidden to other members, or entirely visible.

"Hide specific anime/manga (e.g. hentai)"
Same as above. Also, you need help if you consider this a social problem.

Do note that you can always create blog entries and stockpile the series you would not like to keep on the list(s) there; I personally do that and it works out. Although it's missing some features such as reordering of the titles listed, it covers the basic idea.
Jan 15, 2015 3:31 PM

Oct 2009
Make a duplicate account and keep your list there, if you feel uncomfortable about adding it to your main account
Jan 15, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2013
Luna_slave_No61 said:
Make a duplicate account and keep your list there, if you feel uncomfortable about adding it to your main account
This even though its breaking the rules

op i will find your hentai and judge what you fap to
Jan 15, 2015 4:53 PM

Aug 2014
I agree. Not because I care to hide my hentai, but because the sheer amount would hamper my normal list's readability, thus functionality.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 15, 2015 7:22 PM

Oct 2009
You can put them in your dropped list or on-hold list, and edit your CSS so that the link to your dropped/on-hold list is 'invisible'.
Just an idea, I haven't tried it yet since I'm too lazy to do it.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Jan 15, 2015 9:07 PM

Mar 2008
azzuRe said:
You can put them in your dropped list or on-hold list, and edit your CSS so that the link to your dropped/on-hold list is 'invisible'.
i think there is a way to add a list even.
Jan 15, 2015 9:10 PM

Jul 2012
traed said:
azzuRe said:

There is?
Jan 15, 2015 9:15 PM

Mar 2008
I have no clue how. Ive just heard it before.
Jan 15, 2015 9:47 PM

Mar 2013
AnimeHonor said:
Luna_slave_No61 said:
This even though its breaking the rules

This is incorrect. If the purpose is to have a separate list for hentai specific anime and manga, a user can create an alternative account. This way, various hentai series in the database receive more contribution to than they would otherwise, so it is fine.

traed said:
I have no clue how. Ive just heard it before.

You must have heard wrong. The fact that there are two lists (anime, manga) and five sections (watching/reading, completed, on-hold, plan to watch/read, dropped) overall cannot be altered or modified. The majority of preferences beyond that can be, however.
Jan 15, 2015 10:31 PM
Apr 2013
mayukachan said:
traed said:

There is?

I don't think CSS is capable of adding lists since it is just a style script to personalise your list or website.
Jan 15, 2015 10:35 PM

Jan 2008
worldeditor11 said:
mayukachan said:

There is?

I don't think CSS is capable of adding lists since it is just a style script to personalise your list or website.

I don't think you can add one but with CSS you can change the On-Hold to have it say something else like "Hentai" and just throw all your completed hentai in that section. Your stats might get a little messed up though but it's not like the OnHold section is even needed in the first place.
Jan 15, 2015 11:58 PM

Oct 2009
Okay I tried something with my suggestion and it works on my list
Only works if you're using default anime list style. Add this code to the bottom of your CSS:
div#list_surround
tr:nth-of-type(1)
td:nth-of-type(3)
{
 display: none;
}

its function is to select the first table from list_surround and choose the 3rd row from it (On Hold List) then hide it so no one can see it or even click it.

You might want to hide the view all anime also to hide it then just iterate the above code but change the 3 to 6.

Edit:
This is only hides hentai that you put on on-hold lists from regular list viewing, but people would see them popped up in 'Random Anime' on your profile or when they use 'Shared Anime' function of MAL. For fully hiding your specific list feature you should specifically ask the site developer..
azzuReJan 16, 2015 12:31 AM
Jan 16, 2015 1:34 AM

Apr 2011
azzuRe said:
Only works if you're using default anime list style. Add this code to the bottom of your CSS:
div#list_surround
{
}

As an aside, any CSS trick would fail if the viewer had checked "Override user list styles and only use the one I want" in his/her list settings.
Jan 16, 2015 2:25 AM

Jul 2012
I doubt this will be implemented, there are already other solutions to this without it being coded, I also don't believe this is really necessary. My two cents. :)
Jan 16, 2015 2:27 AM
Dec 2010
Luna_slave_No61 said:
Jan 17, 2015 6:32 AM
Sep 2014
azzure said:
div#list_surround
{
}

its function is to select the first table from list_surround and choose the 3rd row from it (On Hold List) then hide it so no one can see it or even click it.

You might want to hide the view all anime also to hide it then just iterate the above code but change the 3 to 6.

Edit:
This is only hides hentai that you put on on-hold lists from regular list viewing, but people would see them popped up in 'Random Anime' on your profile or when they use 'Shared Anime' function of MAL. For fully hiding your specific list feature you should specifically ask the site developer..

It is a good idea, but not what I was looking really, since episodes would follow added to the list. and also if it appears in "all anime"

I do not care much to see or people criticizing see hentai, what happens is that I ordered the anime and hentai distinita way I tell it apart
Jan 17, 2015 7:25 AM

Oct 2009
yakami95 said:
It is a good idea, but not what I was looking really, since episodes would follow added to the list. and also if it appears in "all anime"

I do not care much to see or people criticizing see hentai, what happens is that I ordered the anime and hentai distinita way I tell it apart

What do you mean by "all anime"?
Jan 17, 2015 1:56 PM
Sep 2014
Luna_slave_No61 said:
yakami95 said:

What do you mean by "all anime"?

to this I mean

Jan 17, 2015 2:46 PM

Oct 2009
yakami95 said:
to this I mean

It won't appear if you put you hentai into your dropped section (and only hentai) and use that CSS trick
Jan 17, 2015 3:29 PM
Sep 2014
Luna_slave_No61 said:
yakami95 said:
to this I mean

It won't appear if you put you hentai into your dropped section (and only hentai) and use that CSS trick

oh sorry, I really do not know much about how to edit the list. Later I'll try
Jan 18, 2015 9:07 AM

Oct 2009
actually the previous code was faulty, the one which will hide only the top buttons should be like this:
td:nth-of-type(3).status_not_selected{
}				

td:nth-of-type(6).status_not_selected{
}				

But I think that's not what OP wants.
Jan 18, 2015 1:35 PM

Oct 2009
azzuRe said:
the one which will hide only the top buttons should be like this:

Only the top? What about the whole section?
Jan 20, 2015 1:31 AM

Oct 2009
Luna_slave_No61 said:
azzuRe said:
the one which will hide only the top buttons should be like this:

Only the top? What about the whole section?

It's just a cheap trick to hide the button that links to those sections, unfortunately it's not actually 'hide' the list.. though it would be nice if we can do that but I think that capabilities needs more than just a client side scripting (which in MAL we're only allowed using CSS) since the data tables was generated from the server.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.