Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2009 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get Pigtail-braid Sadako this time... when is Ponytail Sadako?

Sadako is just so cute, trying not to let the class down in soccer; especially cute when she is horrible at kicking rocks. I adore how Kazehaya is just so absorbed into her, and it's great seeing Sadako all flustered from compliments.

Kurumi is a lot cuter then what I remembered though, the voice must be the thing causing this...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2009 5:29 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 24, 2009 7:33 PM

Nov 2009
Finally some character development on the "unknown characters"
Nov 24, 2009 10:29 PM

Nov 2007
D| i want this subbed. ;;

Nov 24, 2009 10:37 PM

Oct 2009
Excellent episode about the development of Sawako's friendship and love feelings for Kazehaya. Loved all her new expressions mainly the blushing ones. I am starting to get hostile feelings towards Ume Kurumi.....her fake expressions along with her poker face are not deceiving me and are making me angry because I know all she wants is Kazehaya for herself. Particularly the nicknames were nice Ayane, Ekko, Tomo and Chizu. Loved Sawako new hairstyle and Pin's comedy value to this episode once again. Absolutely liked the soccer scenery here: Kazehaya shows his care for Sawako and it has a intense feeling to me. My favorite Sawako Expressions in this episode:
Finally the comedy part of Pin that had me laughing a lot:
Once again great episode.
HawthorneKitty said:

Kurumi is a lot cuter then what I remembered though, the voice must be the thing causing this...
Kurumi is not cute...fake girls only appear to be but in fact she is rotten inside. The outside might be cute but that is all to me.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 25, 2009 12:15 AM
Nov 2009
nothing wrong with being rotten =)
Nov 25, 2009 12:31 AM

Oct 2009
1jzSC said:
nothing wrong with being rotten =)

No...nothing except a possible hurting Sawako over the rotten personality that can be very selfish of Ume towards having Kazehaya to herself.....yeah about that rotten I would say. Ever heard of Snow White?

Nov 25, 2009 1:28 AM

Feb 2008
I dunno, compared to the latest couple of episodes this one was pretty much a snooze.
Nov 25, 2009 1:33 AM
May 2008
Why does this episode make me so sad?! I don't understand it ;-; Only good things happened during this episode.. I can only come up with 2 conclusions as to why I am feeling sad..

I see the foreshadowing of bad things happening to Sawako and I'm worried for her because of Kurumi's jealously.. Even though there is no assurances that Kurumi will do bad things since she has been nice to Sawako in the past even if they are alone..

Or I am sympathizing with Kurumi over her heart ache over liking Kazehaya

I thought I had a third one but I lost it.. was something like "a combination of both" due to hard times in relationships or something.. feeling empathy towards Sawako and Kurumi's predicament.. I just bs'd this last thing everything after my quote.. so I don't quite understand what I said myself even though I said it.
Nov 25, 2009 1:36 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I SMILED THE ENTIRE TIME!!

i think it took me like an hour to watch this episode. i kept rewinding and re-watching scenes over!!

so great!! <33
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 25, 2009 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
Fuck yeah!!! Soccer!!!

Aside from that, it was a meh episode.
Nov 25, 2009 2:55 AM

Nov 2008
Usually the pureness of characters get annoying real fast but Sawako still feels fresh, unlike that brain dead Haruka Nogizaka. I like a slow paced episode, it just sinks right in to savor the flavor.

Next episode, the enemy becomes the friend. How... true...
Nov 25, 2009 3:18 AM

Nov 2008
Why can't there be more sweet guys like Kazehaya? He's almost too good to be true.
Nov 25, 2009 3:21 AM

Nov 2008
Maximatum99 said:
Usually the pureness of characters get annoying real fast but Sawako still feels fresh, unlike that brain dead Haruka Nogizaka.

Tell me about it. That show has been going down the drain ever since. No plot whatsoever. Anyway, this is not the right place to talk about it, heheh.
Nov 25, 2009 3:41 AM

Jul 2009
What? wait it's over? 20 minute surely run fast XD
Kurumi and her little plot ehh? So that's how she kept her rival in check..now that she face Sawako...

It's kinda meh because it's the beginning of the new arc
Nov 25, 2009 4:32 AM

Jun 2008
I just noticed in this episode that they're in class 1-G. 1-G = IG

i c what u did thar
Nov 25, 2009 4:57 AM
Oct 2009
chinaboat said:
I dunno, compared to the latest couple of episodes this one was pretty much a snooze.

Agreed, This will be the first episode that I have given a 4 :/

Nov 25, 2009 4:59 AM

May 2009
Hahahaha xD the tickling part in the begining followed by sawako's confused chibi face was sooooo cute ;_; AND the part where she tries to call her friend's names ( "Aren't there to many a's ?" Awwwwwww)

Anyway, I liked the vibe. No offence to the kimi ni todoke fans, but it's just a little slow.
I want kazehaya to kiss her already T_T (*especially referring to the manga -.-*)

3.5/5
Nov 25, 2009 5:29 AM

Oct 2008
francismeunier said:
Kurumi is not cute...fake girls only appear to be but in fact she is rotten inside. The outside might be cute but that is all to me.

Come on francis. Are you that taken with Sawako that you can't feel a little sad for Kurumi. Where exactly do you get this idea that she is fake and rotten inside. I think this picture shows a lot more than just jealously.

I think it shows genuine envy and a broken heart. If she is really rotten and fake then that side hasn't manifested itself yet. As of right now, I feel really bad for her. It was so sad it was beautiful.

Plus Sawako in Braids...

Priceless!!!

And of course they even threw in a little bit of evil shenanigans.

Did anyone else notice how beautiful IG's animation in the episode was. I had to keep re-watching parts of this episode myself. It was almost so beautiful that it was distracting. I so busy absorbing the 3D layers of definition that it was hard to even read the subtitles. The animation was definitely on par with the first episode which blew me out to the water once I started looking deeper. I'm still loving the incorporation of manga art too. The mixture of 2D pastels, and 3D backgrounds with what looks like a blurring filter is really giving this show a very dynamic and eye pleasing look.

As for the plot of this episode, the words of Sinefeld work very well. "It's a show about nothing". They did a really good job of explaining nothing in this episode and that last pick of Kurumi with the ending music slowly fazed in was brilliant. It almost made me cry. Another great episode.
Nov 25, 2009 5:36 AM

May 2009
Orion1 said:

Yeah... About that, I was kinda disapointed with sawako's smiling faces in the episode. For some reason they looked very weird :x Probably the "eyes closed mid-way" thing wasn't well done.
Nov 25, 2009 6:43 AM

Aug 2007
Naruleach said:

I did, too! =D

I simply loved this episode, it made me smile so much. x3 Sawako is so sweet.
Nov 25, 2009 7:07 AM

Oct 2009
"Self-Practice" sent my mind to the gutter.

Sawadoko? Sawadoko!

"When Sadoko smiles, good fortune comes."
Nov 25, 2009 7:23 AM

Jun 2008
Sawako playing football with a rock and forgetting the time over it was very nice.
We also see that Kurumi isn't that bad a person either, so hopefully there won't be further plotting against Sawako.
I guess omitting the -kun after the last name for three seconds was a very brave thing for Sawako to do, so i guess we won't see her confessing to him in the next let's say 10 episodes...
Nov 25, 2009 7:47 AM

Sep 2009
desolato said:
Why can't there be more sweet guys like Kazehaya? He's almost too good to be true.

People like him are a rare breed , i have never met anyone like him in my living human yrs *head droops*--sadness

Well showed alot of lovey-dovey-ness towards Kazehaya , gald because i cant wait to see them kiss or atleast hold hands.Basically want to see a little more between them.
As usual i always cry while watching this series, it doesnt have to be depressing , few scenes which make me happy basically makes me cry...=yes this sort of sounds wierd.
Oh they didnt show Ryuu this time :(
When Kazehaya wanted sawako to practice soccer with him , i actually thought you know she might fall on him or otherwise like normal shoujos would for sure do , but even though they didnt show anything , the music and both of them staring at eachother *tear*---pretty pretty!!
Nov 25, 2009 7:48 AM
Jun 2008
I smell new RIVAL!!!

笑顔の代わりに風早くんにとどけ
Nov 25, 2009 8:00 AM

Mar 2009
I love this anime Sawako was lovely as usual.

Nov 25, 2009 8:50 AM
Nov 2008
As a great defective Standard-issue Information Retrieval unit once said, I love this show!

Last week was a hard act to follow, and I do think it fell short. Still enjoyed it quite a bit. Sawako's reactions to everything, especially Kazehaya, always get to me in a good way.

I'm still trying to figure out if Kurumi is innocent friendly competition or an evil manipulative genius. They keep hinting at the later, so I think it's going in that direction. Now to prepare myself for the next big misunderstanding!
Nov 25, 2009 8:58 AM

Jun 2009
ahh another good episode (:
sawako was soo cute in braids!!!
i really question about kurumi......
:):):):):):):)

Nov 25, 2009 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
Does anyone notice that the people in this anime talk to themselves a lot? And this episode was kind of slow...not much really happened.
Nov 25, 2009 9:54 AM

Oct 2009
Orion1 said:
francismeunier said:

Come on francis. Are you that taken with Sawako that you can't feel a little sad for Kurumi. Where exactly do you get this idea that she is fake and rotten inside. I think this picture shows a lot more than just jealously.

I think it shows genuine envy and a broken heart. If she is really rotten and fake then that side hasn't manifested itself yet. As of right now, I feel really bad for her. It was so sad it was beautiful.

Orion1 it did manifest itself a little by her talking to Kazehaya about something she already knew and there is the staring as well as this:Behold all the "Evil Eye" of Kurumi Ume!==> that is enough for me a rotten jealous eye but you know what Orion1...I might say you are right to sympathize with her if something else happens that will change my view on her.

Orion1 said:
And of course they even threw in a little bit of evil shenanigans.

Ah, yes that was pure evil and it was done too.
ionphantom said:
"When Sadoko smiles, good fortune comes."

Great quote! Liked it a lot!
francismeunierNov 25, 2009 9:59 AM

Nov 25, 2009 10:22 AM

Jul 2008
That annoying overrated Hirano Aya and her character role appears more obviously tho I hate this fact.

But Sawako, she is made of win ofc Kazehaya-kun too. ♥
Nov 25, 2009 10:24 AM

Oct 2009
This show i can't even ak;dhgajdg.

Certainly not as great as last week, but still... I loved it.

My favorite moment was definitely this bit:

For what ever reason. It was just very cute.
Nov 25, 2009 10:29 AM

Apr 2008
wow, Kurumi is waaaaay creeeepy behind that cute face! Spying (second time around) and manipulative while she acts so shy: it's really clear when you see how she "unwillingly" got her friends to get her on that comittee thing to get close to Kazehaya. I see extreme backstabbing in the future...
Nov 25, 2009 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
im quite scared for them all after seeing kurumi in this episode. I feel she will try and break them all up, just to hurt sawako for getting close to kazehaya.

i do agree with the others that said this wasnt as good as other episodes. first time i gave a 4 out of 5, but still really really good :)
Nov 25, 2009 11:28 AM

Oct 2007
Naruleach said:

me too such a sweet & cute episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2009 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
Hm, the first half was pretty boring, but I really liked the second one.
Nov 25, 2009 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
H3i said:
Fuck yeah!!! Soccer!!!

Good ep. nothing extrodinary though
Yea Sawako about to go Cristiano Ronaldo on all these people!!!!
Nov 25, 2009 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
nii-nii said:
This show i can't even ak;dhgajdg.

Certainly not as great as last week, but still... I loved it.

My favorite moment was definitely this bit:

For what ever reason. It was just very cute.

There were many times Kazehaya' smile was cute but with what he said here I agree with you 1000% :D

Nov 25, 2009 12:29 PM
Jan 2009
Naruleach said:

+1

Man, every time I watch this show, I think stuff like "just where did my precious youth go ?"
Nov 25, 2009 12:42 PM

Apr 2009
Sawako was so cute when she was practising soccer.
The ed was really good! As for now I symphatize a little with the "rival" girl, but unfortunately she'll be cruel :( (hope not!)
Nov 25, 2009 12:46 PM

Apr 2009
Aww so adorable. Really beautiful episode..
Nov 25, 2009 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
Kazehaya makes my heart pound. I know exactly how Sawako feels. Haha. I am also getting hostile feelings towards Kurumi. I know Kurumi is going to do something that will really hurt Sawako, and I dont want it to happen.

I really really want to see Kazehaya and Sawako hug or something. Sawako trips and Kazehaya catches her, ANYTHING!
Nov 25, 2009 1:01 PM

Aug 2008
The final scene where Kazehaya and Sawako look at each other, right before she kicks the ball, was pretty intense. A friendly smile was replaced by a look of love.
Nov 25, 2009 1:12 PM
Jul 2009
LOL I love the chibi parts! XD Overall, great episode. And something tells me Kurumi is a fake bitch. XD
Nov 25, 2009 1:27 PM

Sep 2009
Even though this ep was a bit slow, I'm so charmed by the show that I don't care.. Loved Sawako in braids and the look that they provoked from Kazehaya.. I think there was the tiniest of development in their relationship, mostly in the looks they exchanged and that they caused the atmosphere to be "different".
I'm wondering what Kurumi is going to pull. They already did slander/rumours, so.. blackmail? But what could she (or anyone for that matter) have on Sawako?
Or maybe she'll get violent and threathen to punch Sawako if she goes near Kazehaya.. lol sorry, that would be a different show right there^^
Nov 25, 2009 1:40 PM

Apr 2008
New girl (well not new new) = terrible. I'm glad I'll get to hate her character since I hate her seiyu. :P She's gonna ruin everything for Sawako. T_T
Nov 25, 2009 1:53 PM
May 2008
Ugh you're all being silly.. it's not the normal shojo anime that's one of the reason's why it's so good. There will be no accidental kisses or accidental nudity or accidental boob grope.. It's the feeling of realistic first love!! Also The evil plotting black mail? Come on those kind of things including the accidental trip fall down and they hug only happens in regular shojo bad manga! Ugh!! so stop lowering this anime to those standards!

First off they will probably hug only or hold hands after they are starting to date, second kurumi will probably AT MOST just try to get closer to kazeheya to try and get him to like her just a little bit then ask him out.

Think back to your own highschool or middleschool lives.. You should know what could only realistically happen. Im sure alot of us were pretty much outcasts much like Sawako was. argh just the amount of you guys assuming things is pissing me off :( WHY DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE ANY IMAGINATION! also answer my extremly long thread which all of you are ignoring << "why is this anime so great?!"
Nov 25, 2009 2:51 PM

Feb 2009
Kurumi is so cute and pretty with her jealous face but I am still a strong advocate for SawakoxKazehaya!

And Sawako's pigtail braids were super cute! <3

Nov 25, 2009 2:57 PM

Feb 2009
Kimi ni Todoke makes me fall in love a little myself.
I can't wait to buy it on DVD.

This episode was just another perfect one, Sawako looked so happy and in love.
Nov 25, 2009 4:15 PM

Aug 2009
It was a good episode. I like when Sawako smiles; all seems perfect.
But now I want to see what will happen with Kurumi... she's very cute but... Sawako too.

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.