Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 10, 2015 7:03 PM

Nov 2013
People are hating on this, because neither Inaho or Asseylum died. easy as that.
BUT
if them being in the story makes the anime better, than idgaf
Jan 10, 2015 7:05 PM

Feb 2012
Epicenter said:
You know, I'm kind of surprised people with so many forum posts and such a long lists of completed anime are going around calling this a "Chinese" cartoon. That's either ignorant or rude to the Japanese.
Or its just a joke/gag/overused meme but who really gives a shit if its rude to the japs.
Jan 10, 2015 9:15 PM

May 2012
Anyone who argues that Inaho is unrealistic should look at number 1 on this list.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy_p2.html
Jan 10, 2015 9:50 PM

Apr 2014
KamiAlice said:
Anyone who argues that Inaho is unrealistic should look at number 1 on this list.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17019_5-real-life-soldiers-who-make-rambo-look-like-pussy_p2.html

Sorry to say, but I think that's more or less luck.
Jan 10, 2015 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
Protaku94 said:
KamiAlice said:

That's like saying "pffft. Yea, I could totally have done that too"
Jan 10, 2015 10:12 PM

Oct 2007
Honestly no, but speaking as a long time mecha fan who has watched literally dozens of shows, OVAs and films from the genre there's nothing particular stand out about it either like it's creators would have you believe base on the advertising. It's pretty much coming at you from the same vein as a lot of other recent shorter mecha series (which I define as anything less than 50 episode realistically) where they just kind of make up shit as they go and the shows up being more a kitchen sink type affair to catch all possible demographics and interest groups but the end result ends up pleasing few because it's just so lackluster and doesn't tie together all that well into a greater whole. Plot threads are frequently brought up and dropped, things just kind of happen because they are cool and need to and everything is pretty much as you see it with very little nuance. The villains are all sneering and diabolical, the heroes are all young and plucky save for the MC who in a really strange creative decision has pretty much no personality or defining character traits beyond the plot essentially treating him as perfect and infallible when it comes to the 1 on 3 or so situations the plot loves to depict as it's example of mecha battles.

Personally I think this show might actually work best for people that aren't really long time fans of the mecha genre, but it also might work worse at the same time depending on your levels of tolerance for certain things. I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a starter series for somebody looking to get into what IMO is the best the genre has to offer though as again it's really just not all that special in the annals of it's multi-decade history.
Jan 10, 2015 10:12 PM

May 2012
Protaku94 said:
KamiAlice said:

Sorry to say, but you should really read up on these people if you consider that luck. I'll give you the biography of number 1

http://www.audiemurphy.com/biography.htm

Here's a little sample

Credited with either killing over 240 of the enemy while wounding and capturing many others, he became a legend within the 3rd Infantry Division. Beginning his service as an Army Private, Audie quickly rose to the enlisted rank of Staff Sergeant, was given a "battle field" commission as 2nd Lieutenant, was wounded three times, fought in 9 major campaigns across the European Theater, and survived the war.

He served 3 years by the way, it wasn't just a one time thing.

Ages 18-21
Jan 10, 2015 10:20 PM

Mar 2013
It's good. People can say whatever they want because 'omggggg i hate inahooo, the characters are weaaak, the princess is annoying eww" and people on MAL hates on EVERYTHING. But no, this IS good.
Jan 10, 2015 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
So many asspulls, it made even Naruto jelly
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 10, 2015 10:23 PM

May 2014
KamiAlice said:

Haha, realistically all of them should be dead XD

So no, Inaho isn't a realistic character... but as that link points out his condition isn't unheard of.

I think I can count on one hand how many realistic action hero's there are in media. It's never been a problem before.. But I think people like bitching about weird things.
Jan 10, 2015 10:26 PM

Mar 2013
Reality is unrealistic.
Jan 10, 2015 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
It`s Poorman`s Gundam with poop characters and terrible CGI.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 10, 2015 10:35 PM

Mar 2011
Don't listen to the haters and lovers lol
But since you said you want it for story and character then the short answer is no

Jan 10, 2015 10:45 PM

Aug 2014
Let just say if it was a Hollywood movie it would be directed by Michael Bay and written by M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong.

Anyway yeah it's a Gundam wannabe with shit art, shit cgi, shit story and shit characters.

Jan 10, 2015 10:52 PM

Mar 2013
Zeta986 said:

F0XFIRE said:
Let just say if it was a Hollywood movie it would be directed by Michael Bay and written by M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong.

Anyway yeah it's a Gundam wannabe with shit art, shit cgi, shit story and shit characters.

Gundam has some pretty shitty characters too.

I don't care what anybody says about Slaine or Inaho. They may be as bad as, but they will never be worse than the likes of Quess, Hathaway and Katz.
Jan 10, 2015 10:53 PM

May 2012
Zeta986 said:

Your list has Welcome to the NHK in it, so I like it.
Jan 10, 2015 10:57 PM

Aug 2014
fst said:

I believe some rep for Aldnoah said something like that they wanted to top the original Gundam. That has better characters than this imo. Even Zeta does.

As for most characters from ZZ and Char's Counter attack I'm not too sure.
Jan 10, 2015 11:01 PM

Mar 2013
The villains in Zeta were lame. Bask and Jamitov are not that much better than many of the Martians. Haman was cool though.

CCA had some fucking terrible characters, who despite that took up enormous chunks of screentime; Char and Amuro just barely managed to make up for it in the end.
Jan 10, 2015 11:10 PM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
fst said:

I believe some rep for Aldnoah said something like that they wanted to top the original Gundam. That has better characters than this imo. Even Zeta does.

As for most characters from ZZ and Char's Counter attack I'm not too sure.

I don't think they said that, I think they said they wanted to have a series that would run like gundam. Hence the name Aldnoah Zero, using Zero in the name of an anime usually means it's a prequel to something else. Meaning that they are probably planing to make more Aldnoah shows in the future.

Ga-Rei Zero is a prequel to the Ga-rei manga
FateZero is a prequel to FSN... Although FZ is used more as a countdown to zero sort of thing.
Akame Ga Zero is a prequel to AgK
ect ect ect.
Jan 10, 2015 11:37 PM

Aug 2014
KamiAlice said:
I don't think they said that, I think they said they wanted to have a series that would run like gundam.

Doubt it.

Apparantly Masuo Ueda A-1's president said in an interview at Anime Expo 2013,

'The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam.'

I think they also advertised Urobuchi as the writer and as you know he's abandoned this series and Boku No Pico writer is the new dude working on the screenplay.
FoxfireJan 10, 2015 11:42 PM
Jan 10, 2015 11:40 PM

Sep 2013
Vanisher said:
fst said:
Don't listen to the naysayers.

This is going to be better than Guilty Crown.

As if that was hard.

Where is the like button?
Jan 10, 2015 11:42 PM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
KamiAlice said:
I don't think they said that, I think they said they wanted to have a series that would run like gundam.

Doubt it.

Apparantly Masuo Ueda A-1's president said in an interview at Anime Expo 2013,

'The next stage of our development is to make something that would supersede Gundam.'

Supersede: take the place of (a person or thing previously in authority or use); supplant.

that doesn't mean top or surpass, it means take over where the other left off. Lets be honest, Gundam is not what it used to be and Tomino doesn't want to do it anymore.
All that statement means is that they want to become the new gundam, which makes what I said about AZ being a prequel to another Aldnoah series even more likely.
Jan 10, 2015 11:48 PM

Aug 2014
^ That's a very big claim to make for a studio that hasn't even done mecha before. Actually it's even more cocky than saying you want to make a better series which such a claim also sort of implies.

Gundam is a cultural icon.

They're not going to take Gundam's place. That was just a stupid cheap marketing trick used by that slimy reptilian president to get people interested in the new title and develop hype.
FoxfireJan 10, 2015 11:56 PM
Jan 10, 2015 11:55 PM

Jan 2011
Well, I liked the original. This one really started shitty, but who knows, maybe it will improve. Worth a shot in any case. Also, the season looks quite shitty to me, so its not like there is much better shows to follow :(
Jan 10, 2015 11:57 PM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
^ That's a very big claim to make for a studio that hasn't even done mecha before.

Gundam is a cultural icon.

They're not going to take Gundam's place. That was just a stupid cheap marketing trick used by that slimy reptilian president to get people interested in the new title and develop hype.

Maybe so but things change, that's like saying nothing will take Naruto's place now that it ended. Something will eventually take over, newer generations of people will like different things. I'm not saying Aldnoah will be the one, but if that's what they are aiming to do I don't see how it's a problem.

Again supersede does NOT mean surpass, they are not saying they will make something better.

If they want to make a bunch of different Aldnoah series in the manner of Gundam series, good for them. I don't see how that's a problem.
KamiCityJan 11, 2015 12:01 AM
Jan 11, 2015 12:14 AM

Aug 2014
KamiAlice said:
Again supersede does NOT mean surpass, they are not saying they will make something better.

I believe it means to take place, replace, set aside something which is inferior. It sort of means to replace something with something better.

Again a big fucking claim to make and which imo should of not been made in the first place if you truly had faith that your title would supersede another.
FoxfireJan 11, 2015 12:19 AM
Jan 11, 2015 12:23 AM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
KamiAlice said:

I believe it means to take place, replace, set aside something which is inferior. It sort of means to replace something with something better.

su·per·sede
ˌso͞opərˈsēd/Submit
verb
verb: supersede; 3rd person present: supersedes; past tense: superseded; past participle: superseded; gerund or present participle: superseding
take the place of (a person or thing previously in authority or use); supplant.
"the older models have now been superseded"
synonyms: replace, take the place of, take over from, succeed; supplant, displace, oust, overthrow, remove, unseat; informalfill someone's shoes/boots

Maybe we interpret it different, but I take it as in replacing something when the other is gone. Like a prince takes over the throne when a king dies. It doesn't mean that the prince will be better than the king was, it just means that he's filling in the role.

The synonyms are weird because succeeding something and overthrowing something are completely different things. So I guess it depends on what they meant.
Jan 11, 2015 12:52 AM

Aug 2014
^ Google defining a word won't help you to understand it completely.

Superseding is not simply replacing something.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/supersede

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/supersede

Gundam isn't gone it's still here. Build Fighters Try and G No Reconguista are still airing I think. There's also another coming out in February.
Jan 11, 2015 12:55 AM

Jan 2012
why not watch it for yourself to have your own opinion on it. What are you? A sheep?
Live, Laugh, Love.

Jan 11, 2015 12:58 AM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
^ Google defining a word won't help you to understand it completely.

Superseding is not simply replacing something.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/supersede

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/supersede

Gundam isn't gone it's still here. Build Fighters Try and G No Reconguista are still airing I think. There's also another coming out in February.

None of those changes what I said

"the younger running back will supersede the veteran player as he gets older." This is literally the same thing I said about the prince in the king. I doesn't mean the younger running back will be better than the veteran, it just means that a new one is coming in to replace the old.

Either way I don't really care, if Gundam continues it will continue. If Aldnoah becomes it's own franchise then so be it, I still don't see a problem with it.
Jan 11, 2015 1:06 AM

Aug 2014
^ It means to replace something with something better, whether it be something new replacing something older it doesn't matter.

Before you said you take it as something replacing something when the other is gone and now your saying it's something new replacing something old.

Stop being in such denial over it.
Jan 11, 2015 1:15 AM

May 2012
F0XFIRE said:
^ It means to replace something with something better, whether it be something new replacing something older it doesn't matter.

Before you said you take it as something replacing something when the other is gone and now your saying it's something new replacing something old.

Fine you win... congrats
Happy?
Jan 11, 2015 8:16 AM

Jan 2015
No it's not bad, watch it for yourself.
Jan 11, 2015 9:12 AM

Sep 2011
It's entertaining if you turn off your brain about 30 minutes. If you start reasoning a little you will hate it.
Jan 11, 2015 9:14 AM

Jan 2013
people claim chinese cartoons to be a waste of time, but still spend countless hours in a site related to them. the irony is strong in this one
Jan 11, 2015 9:23 AM

Oct 2014
-Klad- said:
people claim chinese cartoons to be a waste of time, but still spend countless hours in a site related to them. the irony is strong in this one

Would you be so kind to list a few interesting "chinese cartoons"? I have never seen any.
Jan 11, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2013
KamiAlice said:
F0XFIRE said:

Fine you win... congrats
Happy?

Aniplex is the real winner because by tossing out that stupid line, they got you all talking about it endlessly.

The hype is real.
Jan 11, 2015 12:08 PM

Oct 2007
fst said:
Zeta986 said:

F0XFIRE said:

I don't care what anybody says about Slaine or Inaho. They may be as bad as, but they will never be worse than the likes of Quess, Hathaway and Katz.

Quess, Hathaway and Katz aren't supposed to be main characters like Inaho and Slaine though and carry the story at least until Hathaway's Flash which actually ends up being an interesting look on why Hathaway is indeed a little shit and sort of a counter to Gundams and Tominos usual take on youth as justifyingly making up for the mistakes of prior generation's. Like what if instead of growing up to become a hero in their own right one of the kid characters in a Gundam series ends up becoming a terrorist instead and is bad at it at that and is instead put on trial by his elders and not the other way around.

Anyway I'd definitely say Aldnoahs biggest shortcoming hands down aside from massive over hyping which is a take it or leave it affair is its characters. I just can't think of a single one I really care what happens to because I've just been given no reason to like or be interested in any of them still.
Jan 11, 2015 1:01 PM

Mar 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
fst said:

Quess, Hathaway and Katz aren't supposed to be main characters like Inaho and Slaine though and carry the story at least until Hathaway's Flash which actually ends up being an interesting look on why Hathaway is indeed a little shit and sort of a counter to Gundams and Tominos usual take on youth as justifyingly making up for the mistakes of prior generation's. Like what if instead of growing up to become a hero in their own right one of the kid characters in a Gundam series ends up becoming a terrorist instead and is bad at it at that and is instead put on trial by his elders and not the other way around.

Anyway I'd definitely say Aldnoahs biggest shortcoming hands down aside from massive over hyping which is a take it or leave it affair is its characters. I just can't think of a single one I really care what happens to because I've just been given no reason to like or be interested in any of them still.

Quess was practically a main character with how much screentime she had.
Jan 12, 2015 5:54 PM
Dec 2012
This anime as well as some others shows how much fans have changed throughout the decade. So called critics are already bashing this anime...

If Evangelion was created in this decade, it would probably encounter the same fate, people criticising it. Despite its legacy, Evangelion wasn't really that good, it's very overrated.

Guilty Crown also show this. The fact that original animes like this are struggling to win fans poses a dark future for anime.

In the late 2010, people say the Japanese game industry in falling apart, they were wrong of course. However, it was the Anime industry that fall apart and the abundance of Harem and sexist anime proves it.
Jan 13, 2015 1:54 AM

May 2012
ryuixyui said:
This anime as well as some others shows how much fans have changed throughout the decade. So called critics are already bashing this anime...

If Evangelion was created in this decade, it would probably encounter the same fate, people criticising it. Despite its legacy, Evangelion wasn't really that good, it's very overrated.

Guilty Crown also show this. The fact that original animes like this are struggling to win fans poses a dark future for anime.

In the late 2010, people say the Japanese game industry in falling apart, they were wrong of course. However, it was the Anime industry that fall apart and the abundance of Harem and sexist anime proves it.

All that has been proved is that people like to bitch.
The anime industry never fell apart, there is good and bad in all forms of mediums. There were plenty of good shows in 2014 there will be plenty of good shows in 2015.

Aldnoah is pretty popular in Japan anyway. Hardcore critics will bash everything.
Jan 13, 2015 2:09 AM
Dec 2014
The first three episodes are good. After that I think it is going down as hill.(but it is still a little bit ok.)
Jan 13, 2015 7:28 AM

Oct 2014
Anyone saying Inaho had no development clearly had the preconception that he wouldn't have any development EVER, and/or just didn't pay any attention to the show while watching. He actually had very good subtle development, both in the Urobuchi written, as well as the post EP3 written ones. I think for 12 EPs it was done very well. You should never forget that this show will only have half the lenght of Code Geass. 2 cours are not much time for development of characters in a completely new original series.
Jan 13, 2015 1:52 PM

Oct 2012
fst said:

Which basically means... nothing.
Jan 13, 2015 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
Marloges said:
fst said:

Bua, I still have to finish watching that one. I REALLY hope it gets better than GC!
Jan 14, 2015 11:58 AM
Oct 2013
AlexGK said:
Marloges said:

Bua, I still have to finish watching that one. I REALLY hope it gets better than GC!

That's where the problem is - you compared it to Guilty Crown. There could have been others that are better but you specifically picked Guilty Crown.
Jan 14, 2015 12:07 PM

Feb 2013
Grey-Zone said:
Anyone saying Inaho had no development clearly had the preconception that he wouldn't have any development EVER, and/or just didn't pay any attention to the show while watching. He actually had very good subtle development, both in the Urobuchi written, as well as the post EP3 written ones. I think for 12 EPs it was done very well. You should never forget that this show will only have half the lenght of Code Geass. 2 cours are not much time for development of characters in a completely new original series.

unsupported claim.
Jan 14, 2015 12:42 PM

Oct 2014
gedata said:
unsupported claim.

This again? I guess I will have to really create a .txt file for the "Post of promised victory" that I used for 5 times and have not yet received even a single retort to yet... because it seems due to all the Inaho VS Slaine fanboy/fangirl wars and people throwing words like "asspull" or "retcon" around without understanding their meaning, can quickly make them disappear.

Oh well, here it is:

Grey-Zone said:
Inaho had more development than Slaine. Yes, I just stated that Inaho had development, believe it or not. It's just that most people just skim over the show and don't notice anything. For many people it just seems to be:

If the person is not a completely different character after the "development", then there was no development!

But that is a very naive perspective.

Personally I always consider two "types" of development.

"Shock development", which is an event that extremely shocks the person and brings about anger and/or other emotions in them, leading to them changing their MO at least slightly. This never happened to Slaine, but it happened to Inaho very early on, when one of his classmates was disintegrated directly before his eyes. 90% of people missed this and dismissed this as "the robot clearly shows no expression so nothing changed in him" which is the greatest BS I have heard in years. If you instead look at Inaho's behaviour before and after that scene you will notice fast that Inaho's goal of "let's bring everyone into safety and focus on surviving" changes into "LET'S FUCKING KILL THAT BASTARD (while not showing it on my face)".

"Long-Term development" is the other one, which both Slaine as well as Inaho went through. For Slaine it was making up his resolve, which started from the time he talked with Saazbaum until he decided to kill Inaho for whatever goal he now has in mind. In case of Inaho it was him being able to show his emotions thanks to his relationship with the princess. Yes, that he was able to smile a bit in this episode was NOT due to "cyborg modifications", but due to his relationship with the princess, because he was also able to show emotions right before he "died".

Ok, now time to raise my FLAME SHIELD. I'll take you on!
Jan 14, 2015 12:43 PM

Apr 2008
gedata said:
Grey-Zone said:

unsupported claim.

You're going to have to do better than that buddy.
Jan 14, 2015 1:53 PM

Jun 2014
i like it
:3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

1158 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

831 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2015

581 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

1216 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2015

566 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 12:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.