Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 18, 2009 10:56 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode that will create a rollercoaster of emotions on some viewers (and stuff to complain about for others).

What a Pimp.

People that were screaming at DEEN for skipping a particular scene last week will have to eat their words about that.
Nov 18, 2009 11:07 AM
Aug 2009
Finally we hear Kasumi talk
Her having the same voice as Kyrie might suggest that they are the same person.

Edit: I meant that Kyrie on the island might be Kasumi, and the real Kyrie is dead
moldy_tomatoNov 18, 2009 1:56 PM
Nov 18, 2009 11:15 AM

Jun 2008
Ooishi! And the boat was named Hanyuu.

Maria with that coat and backpack reminded me a lot of Ayu from Kanon.

In the VN, I hated Sakutarou but I still cried when he "died." In the anime, I like Sakutarou but I laughed when he died. I'm weird.

I keep watching the Rosa rage scene over and over. It was awesome. I wonder how much Rosa had to pay the social worker to keep her quiet xD

And they showed the uu~ scene which was really cute. I wonder if that means they won't mention it again.

Kasumi's voice sounds exactly like Kyrie's. Hmm...
Nov 18, 2009 11:35 AM

Jun 2006
Hauu~ ;A; Sakutarouu~ I cried when he "died" in both the VN and the anime. D'AWW Sakuu~

Uu scene was adorable~ ;A;

OOISHIIII~ <3 Haha Hanyuu boat.
Nov 18, 2009 12:03 PM
Mar 2009
Well the best mom ever was back at work again in this episode, and this time she took it to the extreme. As expected, there was a LOT of angst in this episode with Maria and Ange, I wonder how anime viewers will respond to it. The only thing that I didn't particularly like about this episode was that they placed the meaning of "Uu~" after Sakuturo got ripped apart, it held so much more impact when it was placed before. Oh well, it was still quite an emotional episode, I liked it.

moldy_tomato said:
Finally we hear Kasumi talk
Her having the same voice as Kyrie might suggest that they are the same person.

But Kyrie was confirmed dead in red in the third game, so that's impossible, unless of course people are still doubting the red truth that is.
Nov 18, 2009 1:01 PM

Jan 2009
Or that it wasn't Kyrie on the island and Kyrie was dead already.
Of course that means Rudolf would have to be on it. Which isn't that farfetched going by what little we know about him.
It's still a crack theory though, but seeing as Kyrie fills the "stupidly suspicious adult that we know almost NOTHING about" spot in the When they Cry hierarchy of suspects, Kyrie/"Kyrie" as culprit will always be strong.
Nov 18, 2009 1:14 PM
Mar 2009
Yeah, Kyrie's pretty high on my suspect list too, but I'm quite sure Kyrie isn't Kasumi.
Nov 18, 2009 1:45 PM

Aug 2009
Omg, Rosa's a bitch. And when Maria made that evil face, it scared the hell outta me.
SAKUTARO NOOOOOO! ;_;
Nov 18, 2009 1:54 PM
Apr 2009
inb4 trolling
Also, rosa made me rage again.
DenwaNov 18, 2009 1:58 PM
Nov 18, 2009 2:03 PM
Aug 2009
PsychFreak said:
Yeah, Kyrie's pretty high on my suspect list too, but I'm quite sure Kyrie isn't Kasumi.
I don't really believe that either.
I was disappointed to hear Kyrie's voice coming from Kasumi.
I had imagined her voice to be very different.
Nov 18, 2009 2:55 PM

Apr 2008
LOL Oishi's VA one of my fav's from Higurashi. Though amusingly it doesn't fit the skinny officer XDDDD

Oh god Rosa how I look forward to your Karma comin back on you >_>

I wanted to see the black hands behind Maria but I guess it was not important enough sadly.

Ange reached her realization a bit too fast but I guess that the anime excuse works.

Revealing the meaning of uu-uu is the main gripe I have with the episode overall since that had WAY more impact later on. Still I LOVED Maria's "I'm so gonna kill that bitch" face

Overall I enjoyed this episode more than the last one even if the impact of the denial scene was lower.
Nov 18, 2009 3:19 PM

Oct 2009
OK there are two things I hated! The first one was Ange's crying because of her classmates bullying. How could they do that to her? She did not deserve any of it and it made me feel bad about it....really bad. The second one was indeed like many said Sakutaro's tearing by Rosa, she is such a terrible person and the b word like everyone else said...so I will say curse her! As much as I would like to sympathize with many about Sakutaro, I felt more sad and angered at how Ange is here: because of the suffering she endured and her crying. She is my favorite in the serie and to see her like that made me sad :(
Also I would like people to clarify something why did Ange fall unconscious here:
and why did Mammon with her sisters were destroyed by Ange yet came back later again....they were frozen and shattered into pieces...I assume it's because the magic works only on the island? Why did they not kill all the stupid bullies in class?
Katsuki said:
Hauu~ ;A; Sakutarouu~ I cried when he "died" in both the VN and the anime. D'AWW Sakuu~

Uu scene was adorable~ ;A;

OOISHIIII~ <3 Haha Hanyuu boat.

I am with you all the way here. Poor Sakutaro :(

hirahira said:
Ooishi!
HakoTan said:

And holy shit, did i hear delicious Ooishi?

That guy here
Is really Oiishi??? Seriously? He is the Oiishi at a young age? O_O The voice hears the same! I swear I recognized it.
francismeunierNov 19, 2009 5:35 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Nov 18, 2009 3:21 PM

Apr 2008
Ange collapsed since she had been locked up in that classroom without food or bathroom breaks for several hours though the anime doesn't say that

Also I just realized THEY CUT OUT MAMMON'S SUMMONING AND ATTEMPTED MURDER OF ANGE. So much for not having major gripes with this episode I guess
Nov 18, 2009 3:25 PM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Ange collapsed since she had been locked up in that classroom without food or bathroom breaks for several hours though the anime doesn't say that

That's it! Now I am really angry at this. How dare they do that to my Ange! Really how could they do that! That is cruel....this is not a chinese prison you know....
Darklight0303 said:
Also I just realized THEY CUT OUT MAMMON'S SUMMONING AND ATTEMPTED MURDER OF ANGE. So much for not having major gripes with this episode I guess
Any youtube stuff to show this?
OmegaDenmad said:
Another episode that will create a rollercoaster of emotions on some viewers (and stuff to complain about for others).

Yeah you have that right....Ange being bullied = a lot of anger. That is just so wrong, so wrong.
OmegaDenmad said:

What a Pimp.

Yeah, about that....too much of it in other animes is all I noticed and can say.
francismeunierNov 18, 2009 3:36 PM

Nov 18, 2009 3:30 PM

Apr 2008
Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSS6c1TqZs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJX3lHyYniI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vNnZC8se4

I was originally praying they fiddled with the timing of these scenes but I guess they cut them out completely >_>

Also in the novel Mammon is already around Ange when on the boat talking to Amakusa. In fact she talks to Mammon about Amakusa's words and about the purpose of human life
Darklight0303Nov 18, 2009 3:39 PM
Nov 18, 2009 3:42 PM

Jun 2007
Darklight0303 said:
LOL Oishi's VA one of my fav's from Higurashi. Though amusingly it doesn't fit the skinny officer XDDDD

Oh god Rosa how I look forward to your Karma comin back on you >_>

I wanted to see the black hands behind Maria but I guess it was not important enough sadly.

Ange reached her realization a bit too fast but I guess that the anime excuse works.

Revealing the meaning of uu-uu is the main gripe I have with the episode overall since that had WAY more impact later on. Still I LOVED Maria's "I'm so gonna kill that bitch" face

Overall I enjoyed this episode more than the last one even if the impact of the denial scene was lower.

You're kind of spoiling it because we don't know for sure if

Don't jump to conclusions over every little thing.
Nov 18, 2009 3:44 PM

Apr 2008
nope Maria says something about the magic for happyness or something along those lines to Rosa then they show the scene with her walking with Rosa which is then shown again with her goin uu-uu when she runs out of known lyrics. The connection is made easily. Even battler could do it *shot*
Darklight0303Nov 18, 2009 3:49 PM
Nov 18, 2009 3:50 PM

Jun 2007
You should wait until actual subs if you aren't fluent in Japanese.

Not knowing the language and trying to determine what was said during it is silly.
Nov 18, 2009 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
I'm 80% sure that's what she said and actually I do take japanese classes this would be my second year ^_^
Nov 18, 2009 3:56 PM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
and why did Mammon with her sisters were destroyed by Ange yet came back later again....they were frozen and shattered into pieces...I assume it's because the magic works only on the island? Why did they not kill all the stupid bullies in class?

Okay, I'll try to answer this. Hopefully, all of this should be explained in this episode, but I know you are trying to translate the Japanese for yourself here. ;)

Ange summoned the stakes while she was being bullied and ordered them to kill the students. They and Maria claimed they couldn't because the anti-magic toxins of having so many humans in the room was too strong. This infuriated Ange and she came to the realization that magic wasn't real, that the stakes were just imaginary, and that they were in fact powerless. In her anger, she asked each stake in turn to follow her orders, and when they said they couldn't, she destroyed them. Basicallly, she denied their existence.

In the VN, Sakutarou asks Maria in this scene if the stakes are really dead, and Maria says, no, they are just badly wounded. What Ange had done was destroy the vessels she had made for them when she summoned them. (Similarly, though Kyrie and Rudolf both killed a stake in EP 3, they aren't gone forever -- it was their vessels which died, which Eva-B had summoned.)

I really like that you love Ange. :) She is my favorite character in the series and I felt like these were the most emotionally intense scenes in the VN.
Nov 18, 2009 4:00 PM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Here you go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSS6c1TqZs0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJX3lHyYniI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5vNnZC8se4

I was originally praying they fiddled with the timing of these scenes but I guess they cut them out completely >_>

Also in the novel Mammon is already around Ange when on the boat talking to Amakusa. In fact she talks to Mammon about Amakusa's words and about the purpose of human life

That was interesting but why would Mammon try to kill Ange...she was not aware that Ange is her new master until Maria told her? Also why would the boat be called Hanyu? Higurashi joke?
Finally I want to know if the guns have anything special because they have this witchcraft star on them? You know the ones with Kyrie's sister at the end of the episode.

Nov 18, 2009 4:03 PM

Apr 2008
A grudge due to what happened when they parted in that classroom perhaps or maybe Ange's power was so weak she thought she was summoned by some reckless amateur who didn't know their place

Nah those guns are normal guns nothing special about them

Here is the entire Ange scene from the VN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnghx8UdWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ouSTy4l-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2Iw372GE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUTf8aD19A

Darklight0303Nov 18, 2009 4:07 PM
Nov 18, 2009 4:20 PM

Oct 2009
Darklight0303 said:
A grudge due to what happened when they parted in that classroom perhaps or maybe Ange's power was so weak she thought she was summoned by some reckless amateur who didn't know their place

Nah those guns are normal guns nothing special about them

Here is the entire Ange scene from the VN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bnghx8UdWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ouSTy4l-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2Iw372GE8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPUTf8aD19A

Really? Then why did Ange destroy those seven stakes in the classroom? I refer to this=>

June_1983 said:
francismeunier said:

June_1983 said:
Okay, I'll try to answer this. Hopefully, all of this should be explained in this episode, but I know you are trying to translate the Japanese for yourself here. ;)

Yeah sorry I am know some 25%. I took some lessons from one of my brothers who studies literature and has interest in Japanese movies.
June_1983 said:
Ange summoned the stakes while she was being bullied and ordered them to kill the students. They and Maria claimed they couldn't because the anti-magic toxins of having so many humans in the room was too strong. This infuriated Ange and she came to the realization that magic wasn't real, that the stakes were just imaginary, and that they were in fact powerless. In her anger, she asked each stake in turn to follow her orders, and when they said they couldn't, she destroyed them. Basicallly, she denied their existence.

Did she know in her anger that she was doing that? Or did her rage completely got the better of her?
June_1983 said:
In the VN, Sakutarou asks Maria in this scene if the stakes are really dead, and Maria says, no, they are just badly wounded. What Ange had done was destroy the vessels she had made for them when she summoned them. (Similarly, though Kyrie and Rudolf both killed a stake in EP 3, they aren't gone forever -- it was their vessels which died, which Eva-B had summoned.)

Ah ok, I see but then why did Sakutaro almost die too? Can give me a quick thing about vessel...it's like a body for them?
June_1983 said:
I really like that you love Ange. :) She is my favorite character in the series and I felt like these were the most emotionally intense scenes in the VN.

Thanks, I have a pic of her on my profile somewhere under the many spoilers.
Darklight0303 said:
That's the grudge I'm talking about. That scene takes place before Ange is even visited by Bern.

She destroyed them because they could not do what she asked of them AKA kill all those annoying girls around her

Guess the anger got her in the end.
francismeunierNov 18, 2009 4:26 PM

Nov 18, 2009 4:23 PM

Apr 2008
That's the grudge I'm talking about. That scene takes place before Ange is even visited by Bern.

She destroyed them because they could not do what she asked of them AKA kill all those annoying girls around her
Nov 18, 2009 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
Darklight0303 said:
I'm 80% sure that's what she said and actually I do take japanese classes this would be my second year ^_^
I'll confirm it for you:
(this is basically what was said during that scene) I don't think it needs to be any more direct than that.
KantarouNov 18, 2009 7:14 PM
Nov 19, 2009 2:04 AM

Apr 2008
Thank you for clearing up that . So I did hear it right ^_^
Nov 19, 2009 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
so...is the meaning of Uu~uu~ the spell of happiness for Maria? i thought that was all i understood...

Anyway, I'd say an emotional ep we dont usually see from umineko, and it seems quite well done, anime production-wise. The scenes with Ange and stakes seem to be mere detailed confirmation of what was already presumed, so development-wise it seems a tiny bit slow, but i think its necessary anyway and cant be helped~

And about how Rosa is portrayed in this ep again, it seems in a first sight to suggest Rosa is indeed "evil" to the core, but on a second thought, it seems to suggest the theory (if im not mistaken) some people mentioned in earlier threads, that due to her anger/resentment/hatred Maria learns magic from certain somebody else in order to pay back her mom, and this cetain-somebody-else should be the one who wrote on maria's diary.

And it seems quite a few people are suspecting kyrie, I personally still cant see any base for that, plus the fact how she pointed out quite a few crucial things in earlie arcs, I kind of have my doubt about that suspicion. And what her sis is doing/going to do now has nothing to do wih kyrie whatsoever, unless of course, like someone said she is actually the real "kyrie", but that has none base at all and can not be proved, so I decline to think about that possibility~

Me I am still into the Rosa culprit theory (from the very beginning), the only thing i see that ever clearly denies this, is the red truth in arc3, where 15 people are declared dead in red + 3 people declared innocent, so that means theres a "go-around" there in any case~
Nov 19, 2009 4:41 AM
Apr 2008
francismeunier said:
She is my favorite in the series and to see her like that made me sad.

;__;

This scene was really intense. Poor Ange, she's been through so much. I found it even more upsetting than the Sakutarou "death" scene, although that was really sad too. Rosa has some serious anger management issues.
VictiniNov 19, 2009 4:49 AM
Nov 19, 2009 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
so...is the meaning of Uu~uu~ the spell of happiness for Maria? i thought that was all i understood...

Is it even a spell?
vinesage said:
Anyway, I'd say an emotional ep we dont usually see from umineko, and it seems quite well done, anime production-wise. The scenes with Ange and stakes seem to be mere detailed confirmation of what was already presumed, so development-wise it seems a tiny bit slow, but i think its necessary anyway and cant be helped~

People should see the VN part, it has more info about that, I for one am glad to have seen it, it shows how Mammon reacted to Ange at first. Those classmates really hurt me by treating Ange like some garbage to abuse and kick around. T_T
vinesage said:
And about how Rosa is portrayed in this ep again, it seems in a first sight to suggest Rosa is indeed "evil" to the core, but on a second thought, it seems to suggest the theory (if im not mistaken) some people mentioned in earlier threads, that due to her anger/resentment/hatred Maria learns magic from certain somebody else in order to pay back her mom, and this cetain-somebody-else should be the one who wrote on maria's diary.

She is evil to Maria with some split personality noteDhero already made a mental analysis of her and she is certainly not stable at all. Sakutaro killing was the best proof, look how much Maria suffered, her face was something of despair/sadness at a extreme level.Here is my point:

Melmel said:
francismeunier said:
She is my favorite in the series and to see her like that made me sad.

;__;

This scene was really intense. Poor Ange, she's been through so much. I found it even more upsetting than the Sakutarou "death" scene, although that was really sad too. Rosa has some serious anger management issues.

Me too friend me too...so hard to see Ange like this! She never deserved this, always tried her best, so unfair.
francismeunierNov 19, 2009 5:36 AM

Nov 19, 2009 8:17 AM

Oct 2009
Zilpzalp said:
If I got it right and Maria only got used to that uu because her mother praised her, I will kill Rosa.

Really, I was supporting her in the first episode because Maria pissed my balls off, but the last few episodes showed very well how much of a bitch Rosa is. I just wanted to punch her face sometimes.

I would love to give you a hand after seeing how Maria suffered and Rosa destroying something she gave Maria as a birthday present.

Zilpzalp said:
Since I loved Ooishi, I somehow was very happy to hear his voice again. <3
Whatever... 3/5. But only cause they used Ooishi's seiyuu.

So it's only his Seiyuu and not Ooishi when he was younger? I though I heard him say in Higurashi that he did police work when he was younger.

Nov 19, 2009 8:23 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
She is evil to Maria with some split personality noteDhero already made a mental analysis of her and she is certainly not stable at all. Sakutaro killing was the best proof, look how much Maria suffered, her face was something of despair/sadness at a extreme level.Here is my point:
Rosa's "split personality" was shown as early as ep1 or 2 in arc1. and if anyone didnt pay attention and missed that, i think it was already evident enough by the time of arc 2. So we certainly dont need noteDhero's "mental analysis" to understand that~
No, that wasnt my problem. My problem is that Rosa has been depicted as such an "evil" character lately that I started to doubt myself suspecting her. Rosa is in fact more or less common, a young single woman who raises a child alone while going out with her (different?) boyfriend. Of course the child is easily neglected and of course she can get some temper from time to time, but that is in no way as "evil" as she is being depicted right now, and I doubt that is enough to kill 17 people in cold blood~

For me , there was only one of these 6 people from the beginning who could have been the real culprit: Rosa, Eva, Natsuhi and Kyrie; and Kanon, Shanon

With Eva "proved" innocent in last arc; Natsuhi slowly getting out of picture; Kyrie highly doubtable, I can now see nobody else than Rosa (+Kanon, shanon), but recently, the focus on Rosa is slowly getting out of hand I think, its not only hint anymore but direct suggestion already, which is why I start to doubt myself.
but as long as I dont see a base to doubt anyone else, i will stick with Rosa for the time being~

francismeunier said:
People should see the VN part, it has more info about that, I for one am glad to have seen it, it shows how Mammon reacted to Ange at first. Those classmates really hurt me by treating Ange like some garbage to abuse and kick around. T_T
And I dont really think I need extra info to understand that scene more. My problem with that was, I suspected as much in the last ep(some flashback etc), and it turns out to be exactly the same thing as I thought, which I honestly find a bit let down. But it shouldnt be left out either since now I think im able to better understand why Ange summoning the stakes back again, and it has certainly some good emotional moments~

EDIT: oh, and I think I didnt make my thoughts clear on the matter of Rosa's "split personality":
it is fairly evidently shown throughout the different arcs that Rosa changes her mood pretty fast, especailly towards maria. In fact, the majority of theories of arc2 is based on Rosa's supposed "split personalities" - that the human Beatrice in mini-skirt is actually the split personality of Rosa, but the "split personality stuff" should really not be taken for granted, cause the holes in these theories are big enough to easily throw an elephant through it ;-)
vinesageNov 19, 2009 8:53 AM
Nov 19, 2009 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
vinesage said:
francismeunier said:

vinesage said:
Rosa's "split personality" was shown as early as ep1 or 2 in arc1. and if anyone didnt pay attention and missed that, i think it was already evident enough by the time of arc 2. So we certainly dont need noteDhero's "mental analysis" to understand that~

Well he helped me on that one I will admit. I knew Rosa was not ok mentally but what exactly I did not know.
vinesage said:
No, that wasnt my problem. My problem is that Rosa has been depicted as such an "evil" character lately that I started to doubt myself suspecting her. Rosa is in fact more or less common, a young single woman who raises a child alone while going out with her (different?) boyfriend. Of course the child is easily neglected and of course she can get some temper from time to time, but that is in no way as "evil" as she is being depicted right now, and I doubt that is enough to kill 17 people in cold blood~

What would happen if Rosa would think of them as hinderance?
vinesage said:
For me , there was only one of these 6 people from the beginning who could have been the real culprit: Rosa, Eva, Natsuhi and Kyrie; and Kanon, Shanon

Kyrie still might be...look at what her sister is thinking of doing to Ange with those guns...I wonder
vinesage said:
With Eva "proved" innocent in last arc; Natsuhi slowly getting out of picture; Kyrie highly doubtable, I can now see nobody else than Rosa (+Kanon, shanon), but recently, the focus on Rosa is slowly getting out of hand I think, its not only hint anymore but direct suggestion already, which is why I start to doubt myself.
but as long as I dont see a base to doubt anyone else, i will stick with Rosa for the time being~

Kanon/Shanon don't think so but Rosa/Kyrie very possible still.
francismeunier said:

vinesage said:
And I dont really think I need extra info to understand that scene more. My problem with that was, I suspected as much in the last ep(some flashback etc), and it turns out to be exactly the same thing as I thought, which I honestly find a bit let down. But it shouldnt be left out either since now I think im able to better understand why Ange summoning the stakes back again, and it has certainly some good emotional moments~

But it still gives more information and you have no choice but to see this or assume it because it is not in the episode but only in those VN clips.
vinesage said:
EDIT: oh, and I think I didnt make my thoughts clear on the matter of Rosa's "split personality":
it is fairly evidently shown throughout the different arcs that Rosa changes her mood pretty fast, especailly towards maria. In fact, the majority of theories of arc2 is based on Rosa's supposed "split personalities" - that the human Beatrice in mini-skirt is actually the split personality of Rosa, but the "split personality stuff" should really not be taken for granted, cause the holes in these theories are big enough to easily throw an elephant through it ;-)

Elaborate on that one because my mind is confused on holes in these theories.

Nov 19, 2009 9:16 AM

Jan 2009
Damn, there were so many scenes cutted out. Like when Ange meets Kumasawa's son, Nanjo's grandson and the captain of the ship that takes Ushiromiya family to Rokkenjima. There were so many hint there !! The bank account !!

Ange's bully scene and Rosa rage moment aren't as brutal as the SN, but it's okay altough it dissapoint me.

Next, new siesta and demon
Nov 19, 2009 9:20 AM

Apr 2008
Speaking or Rosa's derangement here's the scene with Sakutaro in the novel as well as Beato's talk with Maria right after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltbBfbvlQ8A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbnGwxhpkNs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5aEU3eMfE

Rosa acted a LOT more deranged and shameless as you can see

Darklight0303Nov 19, 2009 9:24 AM
Nov 19, 2009 9:40 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
What would happen if Rosa would think of them as hinderance?
Does anyone in his right mind kill 17 people because they are hindrance to him/her? As I said in ep13 thread or so, my theory is based on the very first basic assumption: every character involved in this isnt out of his mind and just kill people for fun~

"Kanon/Shanon don't think so but Rosa/Kyrie very possible still. "
Oh, kanon/shanon involved in the crimes is soo certain by this time it can almost be taken as fact :-)
question is only if one of them started the crimes or not?

"But it still gives more information and you have no choice but to see this or assume it because it is not in the episode but only in those VN clips."
I think the anime leaves out a lot more scenes anyway, as long as the story isnt affected, I see no need to look into the vn yet. but of course, I do very well plan to read the VN after this season ends~

"Elaborate on that one because my mind is confused on holes in these theories."

"split personality"? is this constant effect or only for a short time, if it is for a short period only, what would happen if the "real" Rosa came back to herself after murdered sombody in her another personality?(and the bottle message later?) If it is for longer period, is she sane at all when first arriving on the island? cause there certainly seems nothing wrong with her at first~ If she had no intention of killing people at first, and only changed her mind during the stay on the island, is it really possible to craft some plan that "perfect(?)" as it was done in arc 1/2/3?
Nov 19, 2009 9:41 AM

Jun 2007
yamato21 said:
Damn, there were so many scenes cutted out. Like when Ange meets Kumasawa's son, Nanjo's grandson and the captain of the ship that takes Ushiromiya family to Rokkenjima. There were so many hint there !! The bank account !!

Ange's bully scene and Rosa rage moment aren't as brutal as the SN, but it's okay altough it dissapoint me.

Next, new siesta and demon

Those scenes are later.
Nov 19, 2009 10:22 AM
Oct 2007
francismeunier said:
So it's only his Seiyuu and not Ooishi when he was younger? I though I heard him say in Higurashi that he did police work when he was younger.

Umineko takes place after Higurashi so it couldn't really be a younger Ooishi
Nov 19, 2009 10:38 AM

Jun 2008
Deen killed Luci twice u_u
Nov 19, 2009 10:51 AM

Oct 2009
kfdm said:
francismeunier said:

Umineko takes place after Higurashi so it couldn't really be a younger Ooishi

What!? It does take place after Higurashi? Hope is over for me. Did Ooshi have a son? Maybe that could be his son if not then I guess it is only the voice that applies. What a let down. At least the voice was there...how I miss Ooishi.

Nov 19, 2009 11:07 AM
Nov 2008
This my favorite episode and I think explanation of Uu~~ scene comes at the right time to make people feel more emotional after Rosa's rage scene.
Nov 19, 2009 11:19 AM

Feb 2009
Poor Maria, I felt so bad for her.

BUT MOTHERFUCKING OOISHI!!!!!!!111!1!one!!
Nov 19, 2009 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
Is there a point to shota Sakutaro? It's like he's placed there just to cater to the shotacons.
Nov 19, 2009 12:48 PM

Mar 2008
Just wtf is this shit ? Where's my badass Battler ? Man, i almost fell asleep again...
Good thing this is not the 1st act, otherwise i would have dropped it...
Nov 19, 2009 12:56 PM
Oct 2008
This episode was interesting, though Battler wasn't in it :(

Poor Maria, Rosa is really creepy when she gets angry by the way. And ripping the lions head off? That was just evil.

Still, that creepy old lady in the end reminds me off Kyrie. Though Beatrice said in red that she was dead - I don't trust the red text. Since it's a witch saying something in red SHE made up, I don't believe it. There's always a way around the red anyway.
Nov 19, 2009 1:00 PM

Aug 2008
Ange's distracting boobs aside, this was a boring episode. I think it's ridiculous that Ange takes something she said as, what, a 5 year old, to heart so much she thinks it's a sin that needs atonement. The scene in the classroom was ridiculous with her crying and then collapsing. I'm not totally sure yet why a character like how Ange has been portrayed so far, is this compliant with them.

I'm surprised people are saying that Rosa was worse here than anywhere else since the worst thing she did was lift her by the arm. We got more "bad witch" talk from Maria and her saying she wanted her dead. The "explanation" of uuu was nowhere near as poignant as people had previously made it out, and I'm also surprised that people were saying how Maria's personality is so important/would be explained, and I get the feeling that this was supposed to be that explanation...which is really just vague suppostion about her being abandoned and crazy that isn't outright indicated.

I also took issue with the whole boat scene (setting aside that these moments don't seem coherent, nor being able to understand where they lie in the timeline of the stuff with Bernkastel, and stuff with Beatrice) because they basically asked all of the important questions about the show and said, "Eh, I can't think about that now. I'll make a decision later." That was just a lot of bullshit to me.

Overall, I felt like this episode did little to expand on anything that I wasn't already thinking about. The only thing that felt close to that was Maria wanting to kill Rosa, but it was instantly cushioned when she corrected herself and mentioned the bad witch.
Nov 19, 2009 1:25 PM

Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
The "explanation" of uuu was nowhere near as poignant as people had previously made it out, and I'm also surprised that people were saying how Maria's personality is so important/would be explained, and I get the feeling that this was supposed to be that explanation...which is really just vague suppostion about her being abandoned and crazy that isn't outright indicated.

There isn't a whole lot more that we need to know about her. We know why she says uu all the time. We know why she's into black magic now and why she's so obsessed with going to the Golden Land

akuma2002 said:
Just wtf is this shit ? Where's my badass Battler ?

He should be in it next week :)
hirahiraNov 19, 2009 1:32 PM
Nov 19, 2009 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
...am I weird for thinking ZOMG BYAKUYA when they mentioned the Senbonzakura Police Station? XD

Nice Maria character insight.
Also, I'd glomp Sakutaro myself. It was horrible when Rosa went into BAD MOTHER RAEG mode and killed him... he let out the last 'Ur-yu...' O.O
I think I get it. Basically, Ange believes that for those who believe in magic, it exists. She believes in magic, so it does exist in her world. At the same time, she can be on Battler's side, because he doesn't believe in magic, therefore it doesn't exist in his world. And that way he can deny witches while his ally is friends with witches' furniture and also...a witch herself? wait, what? XD
CenedessNov 19, 2009 2:13 PM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 19, 2009 1:50 PM
Aug 2009
I gotta say it again: I F**KING hate Rosa...what kind of mother is this?Thank god I have a kind mother and not a freaking monster like this! I saw that she has good sites but honestly...rosa IS a bad mother:leaving child alone and then beating her child but then feeling guilty makes it even more worse in my opinion cause this shouldnt happen in the first place!
At least thats my opinion :)
Nov 19, 2009 2:00 PM

Nov 2008
Grade A comedy in this episode xD
Nov 19, 2009 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
noteDhero said:
Ange's distracting boobs aside,
Boobs distracting? How come? Did not bother me....why did it bother you noteDhero?
noteDhero said:
The scene in the classroom was ridiculous with her crying and then collapsing. I'm not totally sure yet why a character like how Ange has been portrayed so far, is this compliant with them.

Come on she was abused by the classmates and kept away from water/food from what someone told me. It is not her fault noteDhero, you should show some sympathy for her. People felt bad for her a lot at that scene.
Schwarzseher said:
I gotta say it again: I F**KING hate Rosa...what kind of mother is this?Thank god I have a kind mother and not a freaking monster like this! I saw that she has good sites but honestly...rosa IS a bad mother:leaving child alone and then beating her child but then feeling guilty makes it even more worse in my opinion cause this shouldnt happen in the first place!
At least thats my opinion :)

Agreed with your comment about Rosa and me too happy my mother is kind and feeds me well so I can have strenght to do my farming. :D

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.