Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 25, 2023 1:42 AM
Apr 2022
Inter_anime said:
I'm confused, why did Onishi have to donate his legs away? Couldn't the boy who was born with a birth defect just get texhnolyzed legs himself? And how do his legs help him "feel" the city? There's a lot in this shows world building that they are just glossing over.
there are still a few holes for sure but the plot is definitely a lot tighter since episode 11. I think being texhnolyze allows one to feel city to an extent because of the prosthetics contain raffia which is the lifeblood of the city. and i think the thing with the disabled boy is just a plot device to set up the rest of the story
Apr 25, 2023 3:22 AM

Jun 2022
sleekproject said:
Inter_anime said:
I'm confused, why did Onishi have to donate his legs away? Couldn't the boy who was born with a birth defect just get texhnolyzed legs himself? And how do his legs help him "feel" the city? There's a lot in this shows world building that they are just glossing over.
there are still a few holes for sure but the plot is definitely a lot tighter since episode 11. I think being texhnolyze allows one to feel city to an extent because of the prosthetics contain raffia which is the lifeblood of the city. and i think the thing with the disabled boy is just a plot device to set up the rest of the story

Yeah I was being impatient at times when I was watching this show, given how slow and methodical it can be. Now that I've finished it I can say that all the stuff I questioned does get somewhat explained later on in the series. Can't spoil anything but you're pretty on point with your assessment.
May 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Feb 2016
1. there's something that mediates the connection between Texhnolyze and what Oonishi calls Voice of City, though it's not been revealed yet
2. as Ran backs off from reality, the Voice of City goes silent. this pretty much confirms that she's the one responsible for it, rather on purpose or not
3. Oonishi sold his legs, but the man we're seeing has chosen Texhnolyze over it, why do you think that is?
4. the city undergoes an unending cycle of destruction and rebirth, or so the Sage tells Oonishi, implying something close to a eternal recurrence that plages our story
5. it was implied, but now it's stated: Ran foresaw the future that awaits the city of Lukus and told the people of Gabe. instead of resisting it, they're helping setting up this omnious plan, since they are unable to not abide by the words of the Seer
6. Ran also believes that destiny can't be change  (it seems that she reaches that conclusion after Yoshii's death)
7. Ichise, on the contrary, wishes to change, but what Ran foresees is something entirely different. Ichise's battle right now is against destiny itself
8. this last statement is true for every character: what will they do when facing imminent doom?
llorandoMay 5, 2023 7:51 AM
Aug 14, 2023 11:01 PM
Jun 2021
Well that was interesting, i wonder what awaits me for the remainder of the series.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tounoyaboys - Jul 1, 2008

323 by AMfromtheWORLD »»
Apr 24, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - May 6, 2009

174 by chow141 »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 14, 2009

66 by Sanak_ »»
Apr 4, 4:08 AM

» If you connected with any of these characters, why?

sheaswee - Feb 7

14 by KitsuFrost »»
Mar 31, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Texhnolyze Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loghneckbeard - Apr 28, 2010

53 by I_is_lost »»
Jan 11, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.