Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which do you prefer?
Only subs - original audio is best.
45.9%
Mostly subbed, some dubbed.
29.7%
Only dubbed - I like it in my native language.
2.3%
Mostly dubbed, some subbed.
8.0%
Both subbed and dubbed equally.
11.5%
Raw.
2.6%
2,442 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 53 54 [55] 56 57 » ... Last »
Nov 25, 2010 9:15 PM

Nov 2010
One of my favorite disputes;
I prefer subbed for a few reasons:

A lot but not all dubbed versions just have awkward voice actors that don't go well with characters and some are just plain awful (Higurashi no Aku Koro Ni)

When dubbed sometimes the script is changed for explicit language or lack of better words.

Hearing the characters in Japanese just seems to give them more expression and i don't mind reading the subs since it's probably the most reading i get :)
Nov 25, 2010 9:44 PM

Sep 2010
I'll agree you can fault him for not providing both, but at worst that's only assuming everyone has seen the trailer, not played the franchise.

That would be why I said or.

My point is that you said SquareEnix promised an all-star cast as if that promise is all that's needed. If they delivered, great. They held to their promise. I just want to make sure you don't think a promise is all it takes.

You don't have to make sure of anything of the kind since that conclusion is not in my post.

Nov 25, 2010 9:59 PM

Oct 2010
Dubbed. I want to watch an anime. I do not want to read it.
Nov 25, 2010 10:10 PM

Sep 2010
Right, and it's OK for people to bash English dub but never bash on Japanese dub.

People on MAL have both praised and bashed English, Japanese, Spanish, and German anime VAs. You would have to follow around individual persons to find out if your assumption that there are individuals that have never bashed a Japanese dub. The kind of people I am referring to are the ones that have more than a post like "subs rock" or "dubs are great".

It does because dub haters think they can get away with hating dub and not attacking Japanese dub on American stuff.

Well you would need the supposed dub haters to look for Japanese dubs in order for that assumption to be right. The topic of the Japanese dubbed media don't come up here often. I can't talk about something I don't have access to.

I'm a dumbass, let me ask you this. How should anime like Halo Legends. Batman: Gotham Knight, Wolverine anime, Iron Man anime, and Supernatural anime be watch English or Japanese? See the problem?

You are the one with the problem because those and every other form of entertainment have no way they should be watched.

The people that you talk to are the ones that hold those values and it is a bad generalization to try to apply their values to the group "dub haters." as a whole. In all 139 pages and the topic threads on MAL none of those opinions you claim to be part of the dub hater norm has been said.

Nov 25, 2010 10:20 PM

Oct 2007
Anime_Name said:
those and every other form of entertainment have no way they should be watched.

I love you so much. I can't tell you how much I hate hearing "the way the creators intended".
You can find me on IRC.
Nov 26, 2010 8:47 AM

Jan 2010
@ Anime-Name: That's true. But every time and then. You'll hear ignorant dub haters saying that all anime should be watch in Japanese. Well, how should Batman: Gotham Knight, Halo Legends, and anime based on Western properties should be watch?

As I said watching Batman: Gotham Knights, and Halo Legends in Japanese would sound strange because we're not used to hearing Master Chief and Batman in Japanese. Also I recalled reading this article on ANN about how the Japanese voice can be bad in anime also, it just that no English-speaking fan who doesn't have fluency in Japanese can't tell.

Subtitles are superior because you get to hear the original voices.

I love this argument, because then I can ask the fan if he prefers to watch Tenchi Muyo! In Love in English. After all, the English voices were recorded first. Then I get to watch the fun as he backtracks, usually by redefining "original". But whatever. I could care less about "original" voices. I'd rather hear the "best" voices, or rather, the voices that give me the most enjoyable overall experience.

I think the problem here is that some people equate animation dubs with live-action dubs. In the latter, hearing the original voices is very important, since those voices belong to the human actors you see on the screen. In contrast, animation cels have no voice of their own. (As has been said, "All animation is dubbed.") So saying one vocal track is superior to another simply because it was recorded first is a spurious argument.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Japanese voice acting is always better than the English voice acting.

Ha. No, seriously. Ha.

Once upon a time, you could say this and know it to be true, not because you knew anything about the Japanese acting, but because the English dub acting was so absolutely amateurishly awful. These days, it's rare for a dub to not be at least passable, and several studios consistently produce very good dubs. So to continue to make this argument, you have to be able to describe just how good the Japanese acting is.

That's where the argument breaks down. If you don't speak Japanese, you cannot determine with any degree of accuracy whether the acting is any good. And please, spare me the hooie about how you can just tell by how well the actors emote. Any actor can emote. Emoting is one part of acting. There's timing, enunciation, and all kinds of nuances that go into delivering a good line, all of which is lost on you if you don't speak the language. Scott Frazier tells a funny story about how he learned one of his favorite anime (Dirty Pair) was horribly acted, once he became fluent in Japanese.

The sad truth of the matter is that most Japanese anime voice acting is of average quality. This is not to impugn the Japanese; it's merely Sturgeon's Law at work. For every Akira Kamiya and Megumi Hayashibara, there are scores of actors giving uninspired, cookie-cutter performances.

Also I can back more thing up like:

Afro Samurai: This anime never had any Japanese voice, when this anime was broadcast in Japan, it was shown English audio with Japanese subtitles.

Devil May Cry anime: Please recall the Japanese version of the game never had Japanese audio just English audio and JPN subtitles, although the anime was made with Japanese audio and English audio. The hardcore DMC fans and the Japanese fan would find Dante speaking Japanese a bit strange because the game never had Dante speaking Japanese.

Also just like anime might have bad Japanese voice, I know maybe one American cartoon that had not a passable voice. Pryde of the X-men. When did Wolverine ever had a Australian voice?

Also, there was couple of good Japanese dub-over on our game and animation like Bioshock, God of War, Splinter Cell, most of the Disney movies. Also there were some bad one like Beast Wars dub (despite having a lot of famous VAs like Takehito Koyasu voiced Optiums Primal/Convoy, Kappei Yamaguichi voiced Rattrap, and Shigeru Chiba voicing Megatron)

Also I like to add the Japanese do like our English dub in anime. I made a topic about it
Nov 26, 2010 10:43 AM

Sep 2010
Also I like to add the Japanese do like our English dub in anime. I made a topic about it

This makes all of your posts null and void. The reason you don't understand what a double standard in this situation is because you are the one using double standard think.
It seems all you want is someone to praise the English and criticize the Japanese, no matter what was first or who does it.

Nothing new to see here folks. You are just another dumbass dubfag.

Nov 26, 2010 11:39 AM

Oct 2007
Anime_Name said:
just another dumbass dubfag.

I take back what I said about loving you :(
You can find me on IRC.
Nov 26, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2010
Kuyukly said:
Anime_Name said:
just another dumbass dubfag.

I take back what I said about loving you :(

tsundere whore

Nov 26, 2010 12:55 PM

Jun 2008
Anime_Name said:
It seems all you want is someone to praise the English and criticize the Japanese, no matter what was first or who does it.

I don't think you understand what us dub-defenders have to go through in topics like these if this is the conclusion you reached.
Nov 26, 2010 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:

This makes all of your posts null and void. The reason you don't understand what a double standard in this situation is because you are the one using double standard think.

Nothing new to see here folks. You are just another dumbass dubfag.

If I was a dubfag why would I listen to anime in dub and subs. Look at my profile, I have Rie Kugimiya, and other Japanese VAs under my favorite VAs. Also I not only watch anime in English, I have watch some of our stuff in Japanese dub. THe reason why I add the Japanese liking our English dub because to show people that not all people hate English dub. If the Japanese like it, why can't we. But then again, they don't know English when they watch it like how we don't know Japanese when we watch anime. So it's hard to tell what's good or bad?

As I said: There's no such thing as the superior language

Also I believe Kuyukly said this:

Surprisingly, I've never heard the "they don't know our language so they don't know how bad it is" argument. Probably because only a functional retard would actually use it.[/quote[
Nov 26, 2010 1:11 PM

Sep 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Anime_Name said:

I don't think you understand what us dub-defenders have to go through in topics like these if this is the conclusion you reached.

Sorry, I do believe my comment was directed at one person and that persons' shit logic.
When I start addressing "dub-defenders" as a group you will be first to know.
Anime_NameNov 26, 2010 1:15 PM

Nov 26, 2010 1:13 PM
May 2010
I think a good argument here is this: I don't give a sh*t about dubs, and you don't give a sh*t about subs, so don't come sh*tting in my territory of subs dissing how inferior it is.

/thread
OminousWrexNov 26, 2010 1:21 PM
Nov 26, 2010 1:22 PM

Sep 2010

That's right you are the one saying it and you are the one trying to counter imaginary points.

So it's hard to tell what's good or bad?

Not hard it is all opinion based on preference. If I think some VAs performance was bad in an anime then I am going to get on a anime board and whine like a little girl. I welcome others' opinions on why they think it is good or why that think it is bad but there will be hell to pay when someone hints that I don't know what I like.

Nov 26, 2010 1:22 PM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:
Redfoxoffire said:
Anime_Name said:

Sorry, I do believe my comment was direct towards one person and that persons' shit logic.
When I start addressing "dub-defenders" as a group you will be first to know.

No my logic is correct. Anime-Name give me proof you're not a dub hater, and let me ask you this: Are you aware most of our dub VAs does non-anime voice like

Steve Blum: Wolverine, and voicing characters in non-Japanese video game.

Yuri Lowenthal: Ben Tennyson, and Superman in Legion of Superheroes.

Also I do believed a lot of Japanese VAs do non-anime role:

Tessho Genda: voiced Sam Fisher, Batman, Optimus Prime.

Atsuko Tanaka: voiced Lara Croft (from Tomb Raider 2 to Angel of Darkness)

A lot of ignorant people who hate dub are not aware of this.

@OminousFlame: I agree, if people stop insulting dub, I'll not criticize subs. As I said, we don't know their language so how do we know the Japanese voice is good. I've seen Pryde of the X-men and after hearing Wolverine's voice sound Australian, I came to realize even if the original voice is recorded. It doesn't mean it'll be good.
Nov 26, 2010 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
I agree, if people stop insulting dub, I'll not criticize subs

So when you do it is called criticizing but when others do it you call it insulting. Opinions are not tit for tat.

A lot of ignorant people who hate dub are not aware of this.

How it is ignorant to not know random jobs a VA has done? You are confusing wiki information for being knowledgeable.

Nov 26, 2010 1:43 PM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:
Anime_Name said:

That's right you are the one saying it and you are the one trying to counter imaginary points.

I'm sorry if it looks like that. Look I'm just trying to point out to dub haters reading this is saying that you can't just hate all English dub. What if more anime based on American or western franchises was made. That what would be the point of "all anime should be watch in subtitles" if that happen.

To all the dub haters: If Starcraft became a anime, would you want to watch it in English, Japanese, or Korean?

If Spiderman became a anime, should that anime be watch in English or Japanese?

If more anime decided to use English voice, not Japanese like Afro Samurai. What would be the point of "anime should be watch in subtitles" logic?

This is why I find the dub vs sub war stupid. Because in the future, anime based on Western/US franchises or anime using English audio will put this war to rest. What's the point of hating English voice when it's possible more anime could use English audio first. I'm not saying we should hate the Japanese voice. No, I want people to appreciate English voice the same way we appreciate the Japanese language. I can respect people who want to watch anime subbed or dubbed. But I don't want people to openly attack English voice. How do you know the Japanese voice is good also. This is why I not only listen to anime in English, but I've watch Japanese dub on American stuff like Video game and American animation. They both have good and bad voices. But please do not attack the English dub without a good reason, and please do not attack the English VAs.
Nov 26, 2010 1:49 PM

Sep 2010
If more anime decided to use English voice, not Japanese like Afro Samurai. What would be the point of "anime should be watch in subtitles" logic?

I don't know what the point of it would be since it is your imaginary logic and nobody has said it to mean what you are trying to assert.

Nov 26, 2010 2:03 PM

Mar 2009
Subs. I like anime with the original voices, since they're the voices that fit best with the character's personalities.

Dubs pretty much always suck. People complain about it but I'm more than fine with it. They give me some good laughs~ XD I've read that some dubs are good, I haven't heard a good one myself though. I guess those would be exceptions, but for the most part dubs are so bad they're funny. And that's good, Imo. :)
Nov 26, 2010 2:12 PM

Sep 2010
But I don't want people to openly attack English voice. How do you know the Japanese voice is good also. This is why I not only listen to anime in English, but I've watch Japanese dub on American stuff like Video game and American animation. They both have good and bad voices. But please do not attack the English dub without a good reason, and please do not attack the English VAs.

I will and do openly talk about English voices, why because it is in my right as an American citizen to be able to voice my opinions and thoughts.

All I need to know about Japanese voices is what I like or don't like.

Watching youtube clips of Japanese dubs gains no more introspect into Japanese acting then Japanese audio on anime.

If someone does not like a VA for whatever reason then chances are there is going to be some bashing. Asking that every English VA not be bashed is not reasonable and shows you have troubles with reality.
Anime_NameNov 26, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 26, 2010 4:32 PM

Jan 2010
Anime_Name said:

I don't know what the point of it would be since it is your imaginary logic and nobody has said it to mean what you are trying to assert.

You never watch Afro SAmurai have you? What about Halo Legends, or Batman: Gotham Knight? Try watching those in Japanese and see if these anime can be watch in Japanese. Also I believe few of our other anime had English voice recorded first:

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Tenchi Muyo in Love

What would happen if we had anime that have English audio recorded first then Japanese next. Then what would be the meaning of Original audio? I could say the same thing for maybe American cartoon, if a American cartoon was recorded in Japanese, then English. Then does that mean we should be watching the American cartoon in Japanese instead of English because the Japanese was recorcded first? Answer me that

If you didn't watch Afro Samurai then you have no idea what i'm trying to point out.
Nov 26, 2010 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
If you didn't watch Afro Samurai then you have no idea what i'm trying to point out.

Well since this is an anime topic about subs or dubs; Afro Samurai has no subtitles your point makes no sense.

You can believe the audio for Bloodlust was recorded first but if your eyes work you will see that the animation was drawn for the Japanese audio.

Try watching those in Japanese and see if these anime can be watch in Japanese.

If those anime have Japanese and English audio tracks then yes they can be watched either way. I have a bunch of DVDs that have multiple languages like English, French, and Spanish. I can watch them however I want. After watching them I can then criticize or praise any performance.

What would happen if we had anime that have English audio recorded first then Japanese next.

When this happens more than once or twice every 5 years I might bother answering. Until then anime like that are exceptions and not enough in number to be a trend.

Nov 26, 2010 6:49 PM

Nov 2010
to each his own. but i def prefer dubs. it drives me crazy to have to read something while watching and hearing language you cant understand while your trying to read it. idk how people enjoy it so much. but like i said, we each have our own opinions.
Nov 26, 2010 6:55 PM

Sep 2010
Tokemasta said:
to each his own. but i def prefer dubs. it drives me crazy to have to read something while watching and hearing language you cant understand while your trying to read it. idk how people enjoy it so much. but like i said, we each have our own opinions.

The ability to multitask is a factor. Another factor is not thinking that reading, listening, watching at the same time is an ordeal.

Nov 26, 2010 7:24 PM

Nov 2010
Anime_Name said:
Tokemasta said:

The ability to multitask is a factor. Another factor is not thinking that reading, listening, watching at the same time is an ordeal.

yea i know that. its not like i cant multitask, ive watched a few subbed series(although i didnt enjoy it as much as the dubbed). but i will watch a subbed series if i like it and its not planned to be dubbed. its just that id prefer dubbed. and ill say once more, we each have our own opinions..im not judging anyone.
Nov 26, 2010 7:41 PM

Sep 2010
I am not questioning your opinion. I am giving some answers to the question you put in your post; "idk how people enjoy it so much."

Nov 26, 2010 7:54 PM

Nov 2010
o i see, i guess im just saying that only because of my own personal opinion. lol just ignore that part if you dont agree.
Nov 26, 2010 8:48 PM

Jan 2010
Well since this is an anime topic about subs or dubs; Afro Samurai has no subtitles your point makes no sense.

You can believe the audio for Bloodlust was recorded first but if your eyes work you will see that the animation was drawn for the Japanese audio.

Remember a lot of people say "anime should be watch anime in Japanese because it's the original audio and the Japanese audio was recorded first" logic. Afro Samurai does make a point, because it's an anime, aren't anime supposed to be watch in Japanese because it's the "original audio". Afro Samurai even though it's a anime it never got a Japanese audio so, that sort of destroy "anime are originally voiced in Japanese" logic. The same thing for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, it was recorded in English first, so that destroy the same logic. I don't even understand why people are bashing the English dub whern there are anime that has English voice recorded first and also there are bad Japanese voices.

If those anime have Japanese and English audio tracks then yes they can be watched either way. I have a bunch of DVDs that have multiple languages like English, French, and Spanish. I can watch them however I want. After watching them I can then criticize or praise any performance.

I hope watching Batman speaking Japanese will not make it weird to you (well it didn't to me because as I said I have watch Japanese dubbed stuff before and I sort of have a idea how character dub in Japanese should sound like). Also, good luck to you trying to watch movie in spanish or french dub and praise/criticize them.
Nov 26, 2010 9:04 PM

Nov 2010
also you cant beat Samuel L Jackson as a voice actor haha.
Nov 26, 2010 10:17 PM

Sep 2010
Remember a lot of people say "anime should be watch anime in Japanese because it's the original audio and the Japanese audio was recorded first" logic. Afro Samurai does make a point, because it's an anime, aren't anime supposed to be watch in Japanese because it's the "original audio".

Saying anime should be watched in the original language does not infer that the original language is always Japanese or was the first recorded, that is you making up your own arguments to defeat.

Afro Samurai not having subs and Japanese audio does not defeat anything because it does not fit into the sub v dub poll.

I don't even understand why people are bashing the English dub whern there are anime that has English voice recorded first and also there are bad Japanese voices.

Because no performance is perfect and there will always be complaints. How the can you not understand that? You seem to think that something being in English makes it beyond reproach.

Also, good luck to you trying to watch movie in spanish or french dub and praise/criticize them.

I don't need luck to listen.

Nov 29, 2010 4:51 PM

Sep 2010
Subbed. Definitely. For some reason it just feels weird watching anime in an English dub. It's even harder to watch it dubbed especially after I watch it in the original language. The only dub that I actually liked was for Howl's Moving Castle.
Also, I'm weird and I enjoy reading subtitles, since despite English being my first language I sometimes can't understand what people are saying anyways.
Nov 29, 2010 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
Subbed is almost always better, I've found a few exceptions (Black Lagoon, Full Metal Alchemist, a couple others) but for the most part the English voiceactors often make me wince. It is especially bad with those cast to voice many of the high school girl characters. That high pitched, perky tone... gah. Awful to listen to.

I suppose if I understood Japanese that I may find some of the voices in the subbed to be as bad but incomprehension shields me I suppose. :D
Dec 5, 2010 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
I really wanna know if anyone who reads this has actually taken any lessons in acting in general? And if so, what kinds of lessons were they and for how long?

*Some of you may have nopticed this same question I made in another thread or two, but I'm merely asking this question so I could broaden my chances of recieving a response. Believe it or not, it is important if I did know at the very least a few responses.
Dec 5, 2010 9:24 PM

Oct 2010
I watch both~

used to prefer dub then sub, but now i think i prefer sub...well....i dunno. maybe im getting used to reading the subs now~

Dec 5, 2010 9:58 PM

Feb 2009
Hypeathon said:
I really wanna know if anyone who reads this has actually taken any lessons in acting in general? And if so, what kinds of lessons were they and for how long?

I've taken some acting lessons, lasting for 2 and a half years. However, I don't think taking these lessons helps me judge Japanese acting anymore because it is in an entirely seperate language. Unless you are a speaker, I don't think that you can tell someone acts.
Dec 5, 2010 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
Kipcha said:
I've taken some acting lessons, lasting for 2 and a half years. However, I don't think taking these lessons helps me judge Japanese acting anymore because it is in an entirely seperate language. Unless you are a speaker, I don't think that you can tell someone acts.

Right, right. I've only taken a couple of semesters of acting classes. One acting class in my junior year in high school and another in my freshman year in college called "acting for animators." From my understanding (though I might be wrong), the gist of acting is to be really into the thought of expressing yourself as different personalities and characters and the way that personality/character would behave. It's not easy for me either because it requires firmly ignoring any fears that come with acting.

But the reason I asked is because I commonly see dubs suffer a stigma as to how exactly they're inferior to dubs and I would see the same 5-6 arguments recycled time after time. And I was wondering if gut reaction aside, how many anime fans make the criticisms at dubs from the perspective of someone who has actually understood or have even attempted any level of skill in acting. And I don't see much of that kind of argument tossed around in any sub/dub debate. I've also wondered if say after learning and practiciting a creavtive skill, you acquire a higher tolerance and appreciation for whatever profession you would've harshly criticized before.
Dec 11, 2010 9:43 AM

Feb 2009
Hypeathon said:
Kipcha said:

Right, right. I've only taken a couple of semesters of acting classes. One acting class in my junior year in high school and another in my freshman year in college called "acting for animators." From my understanding (though I might be wrong), the gist of acting is to be really into the thought of expressing yourself as different personalities and characters and the way that personality/character would behave. It's not easy for me either because it requires firmly ignoring any fears that come with acting.

But the reason I asked is because I commonly see dubs suffer a stigma as to how exactly they're inferior to dubs and I would see the same 5-6 arguments recycled time after time. And I was wondering if gut reaction aside, how many anime fans make the criticisms at dubs from the perspective of someone who has actually understood or have even attempted any level of skill in acting. And I don't see much of that kind of argument tossed around in any sub/dub debate. I've also wondered if say after learning and practiciting a creavtive skill, you acquire a higher tolerance and appreciation for whatever profession you would've harshly criticized before.

Ahh, very wise, I must say XD Sadly, I'm one of the people who actually supports dubs so I guess so that arguement can't be made against me, but I would also be curious to see how many dub-haters have actually gone through acting classes. Acting well is a lot harder then a lot of people would think and I know for some people, voice acting is even hard because you have to put all the emotion into your voice and nothing else.
Dec 11, 2010 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
I only watch sub because i feel like they just pick the wrong voices for charaters when they dub anime, either that or raw because it helps me learn my japanese =D i suck right now.

I wish I wouldn't have taken for granted the time when I was young and could laugh so easily.
Dec 11, 2010 1:46 PM

Apr 2009
I prefer dub because I am usually multi tasking while watching them. If it's subbed I have to give it my undivided attention which I often don't have time for :(. I don't mind sub though, I just have to watch it when I have the time, whereas dubbed I can watch at any time.
"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything"
Dec 11, 2010 1:57 PM

Sep 2010
Definitely subbed.
Because those seiyuu was far greater than those dubber,, well just to differentiate between Japanese and Western.
I always felt those dubber lacks emotion, simply doesn't fit the situation or their character's emotion.

Well, of course some have good dubs quality,, but mostly not.
Thats why i'd prefer subbed if they are available XD.
Dec 11, 2010 4:14 PM

Sep 2010
I prefer dub because I am usually multi tasking while watching them

Simply having something on while doing other things isn't really watching though.

Anyway you sound like a busy person so I better not take up too much of you time.

Dec 11, 2010 7:53 PM

Apr 2009
That's not to say I don't sit down and get to enjoy some anime when I have time. I have a dual monitor setup so I'll have poker running on my other monitor while I have an episode running. I can't do that when it's subbed. I've watched a couple series in both dubbed/subbed (Code Geass/Beck) and, albeit it subtle, the messages are sometimes slightly changed when I read the subs vs listening to the dubbed versions. I did feel like I lost a bit of the intended feel from Beck when I watched it in the dubbed version. I will say that I won't hesitate to watch something just because it's subbed.
"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything"
Dec 29, 2010 8:30 AM

Mar 2008
I prefer english dubs, but I will watch an anime english subbed if an english dub does not exist.

By the way, I pretend that all Animax-Asia dubs don't exist, since they are very terrible dubs.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Dec 29, 2010 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
Baby_Naruto said:
I prefer english dubs, but I will watch an anime english subbed if an english dub does not exist.

By the way, I pretend that all Animax-Asia dubs don't exist, since they are very terrible dubs.

So you must go around just copy & paste some daily opinion on every forum you have membership on? I swear this is my 4th time reading these exact lines today.

Dec 30, 2010 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
Baby_Naruto said:

So you must go around just copy & paste some daily opinion on every forum you have membership on? I swear this is my 4th time reading these exact lines today.

seriously.. its in about 14+ forums

Dec 30, 2010 8:33 AM

Jun 2009
Anime_Name said:
Baby_Naruto said:

seriously.. its in about 14+ forums

Jan 18, 2011 7:18 PM
Sep 2007
To describe it in a little rude way, I'd say watching dubbed anime is kinda like being outside when it's cold, and you are trying to warm your hands by holding fresh shit in your hands.

Sure, it will serve purpose to some degree, and your hand will be at least a little more warmer, but it will also smell like hell.
Jan 18, 2011 7:42 PM

Nov 2010
what i dont get is the argument "i like to watch it in its original dialog " which doesnt make any sense cuz depending on who subs it its all different.
Jan 18, 2011 8:35 PM

Sep 2010
Fuzzhx said:
what i dont get is the argument "i like to watch it in its original dialog " which doesnt make any sense cuz depending on who subs it its all different.

You seem to be hinting at fansubs being the only avenue for people to watch subs. Let's pretend when the question sub v dub comes up people are referring to both the dub on the DVD and the sub on the DVD.

Subs are only one layer of translating words and grammar from one language to the another. With dubs you not only deal with translations but localizations and depending on the studio - light to heavy changes in the script/plot/story.

Jan 18, 2011 8:59 PM

Nov 2010
i just figured the majority of people watch fansubs. but in that case DVD is the only true way to go. but still i guess it aall just depends on the studio who subs/dubs it. ill admit some subs are better than the dub. ive grown to enjoy subs a lot more ever since watching gintama. the only thing that bothers me with subs is when they are talking and suddenly get cut off(by randomly getting hit in the face etc.) and you read the subs before that happens it just doesnt get the same effect. not sure if im making any sense but i havnt watched enough series both dubbed and subbed to give a true judgement yet. but sometimes i think the english dialog (gundam 00 for example) is alot better than subs. but i have nothing against subs tho. in fact ive been watching a lot more subs than dubs lately. but if theres a dub version available ill def watch that first.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (63) « First ... « 53 54 [55] 56 57 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

Dije - 2 hours ago

19 by Lampblasted »»
3 minutes ago

» Are newcomer edgy anime fans not edgelords but actually normies?

LenRea - Yesterday

30 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime girls you think are the epitome of purity.

TsutanaiFuun - May 15

40 by APolygons2 »»
5 minutes ago

» Characters born on the same day/month as you ?

Yonahim_Zz - May 13

47 by DesuMaiden »»
6 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

53 by Shizuna »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.