Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2014 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Woah.. this episode was weird.

So the red shoes were evil? I guess they were a form of temptation. Karen lost everyone, just.. damn. I could think of lots of theories for this episode

-The shoes only fit Karen, what does that mean? Could they only fit those who give in to selfish temptation?
-Was Madam's plan to get Karen over there? Was her invitation, words, and all a meaning of temptation?

Just, damn.
Mar 17, 2018 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
That just seemed pointlessly cruel, what was even the lesson here?
Oct 9, 2019 7:04 PM

Nov 2016
I also thought this episode was pretty cruel. Yeah, she learned her lesson, but the price was too high and it came off extremely forced.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2020 2:37 PM

Mar 2014
I thought this episode was one of the best so far, along with the peas one. Seems like it more or less adapts Andersen's The Red Shoes. I don't know if I prefer the original ending (where Karen is the one who dies) or this one. Either way, it really is sad that Karen's dad died protecting her, I hope we'll see her reunited with her siblings later on..
Jul 31, 2020 5:31 PM
Dec 2019
It raises a really interesting question- what's the balance between pursuing your dreams and being loyal to your family. I think this question was better answered in a Mushishi episode about an artist because in an attempt to promote family values the fairy tale became forced. It's not like the girl was about to abandon her family to pursue her dancing career--- for all she knew this was the chance of a lifetime to live out her dreams. She did attend the church ceremony and I'm sure her grandmother would have wished for her to go anyway. Either that or just tell the Countess that today's not a good day.

It wasn't just that the price was too high--- it's that the question wasn't discussed well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 19 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Feb 20, 2015

9 by eusuna »»
Aug 16, 2020 10:33 AM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 17 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Dec 24, 2014

3 by Recynon »»
Aug 3, 2020 8:46 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 9 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Oct 24, 2014

2 by Recynon »»
Jul 30, 2020 6:47 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 7 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Aug 2, 2014

4 by Recynon »»
Jul 30, 2020 5:38 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 36 Discussion

stand - Jul 23, 2016

3 by LesLoue »»
Jun 6, 2020 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.