Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2014 10:13 PM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that's the end of that short little Gerda and Witch arc. I guess the witch really did want her to be happy after all. But damn.. 6 months have past? I figured quite a lot of time went by whilst she was with the Witch but dang.
Oct 8, 2019 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Gerda finally made it out. It was a nice place in a way, but creepy, especially if you consider how much time has past. And finally, she got a hint about Kay.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2020 6:47 PM
Dec 2019
I was going to say that this story is pretty standard but then I remembered that this was written in the 19th century and was probably more original back then. Regardless, it was a good two episode arc that could've been better if they had switched things around. One thing they could've done was drop us in the middle of Gerda having already been hypnotized, and then slowly dropping hints to how she got there. This includes why her shoes are missing and why a bed of flowers is missing. There would be no need to show the witch killing the flowers so the viewer is left to guess what happened and what flowers are missing. It wouldn't be any more novel, but this presentation of events would have made the story much more engaging.

On a side note, these episodes reminded me of why I chose this kid's show to watch and not any of the other World Master Piece theater shows--- the inclusion of fantasy elements makes Gerda's journey much more interesting. For two episodes, we get a reprieve from the usual town settings.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 19 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Feb 20, 2015

9 by eusuna »»
Aug 16, 2020 10:33 AM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 17 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Dec 24, 2014

3 by Recynon »»
Aug 3, 2020 8:46 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 11 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Nov 1, 2014

4 by Recynon »»
Jul 31, 2020 5:31 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 7 Discussion

ihateeveryone - Aug 2, 2014

4 by Recynon »»
Jul 30, 2020 5:38 PM

Poll: » Yuki no Joou Episode 36 Discussion

stand - Jul 23, 2016

3 by LesLoue »»
Jun 6, 2020 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.