Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
is this the most generic show this fall?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 19, 2014 4:47 PM
Oct 2014
LonelyWizard said:
Jarkzy said:
If the word "generic" was an anime MC, this show would be his antagonist

dude that fucking signature keeps changing everytime i see you wtf
Nov 19, 2014 4:57 PM

Jan 2014
Jarkzy said:
LonelyWizard said:

again,its Magic...
Nov 19, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
LonelyWizard said:
Jarkzy said:

again,its Magic... Dark & Dark!

Yes, well... Moving on.

I guess the battles will soon be upon us. They seem to be rather outnumbered as well! What can/will our hero's do!? Find out next year! Wait wha?

Oh! And no, it's not generic. I'd say it's at least a notch better than most similar shows that have recently been aired.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 25, 2014 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
I don't even care how generic the show is, as long as it's enjoying to watch then no problem.

Topic: No, not that generic at all. Trinity Seven is much more generic than this one.
Nov 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2007
Nope. Not even close to generic. The characters and romance, maybe. If you start thinking them as generic then 19 out of 20 anime each season are one way or other generic. The interactions and the take on having superpower or explaining Eight Grade Syndrome is very unique in this anime.

Generic shows of the season are: Trinity Seven and Madan no Ou. I could barely finish an episode of either anime in recent weeks. Almost on the verge of dropping both because both have been pretty rubbish so far.

Also, please someone tell me someone didn't accidentally mention Amagi in this tread! I must have misread!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 29, 2014 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
Generic is such a perspective-based term here that I don't think there will be any agreement in answers.

The anime that we've already seen before is going to distort our personal interpretation of a "generic" anime.

Personally, I've watched quite a few romcoms mixed in with school life, so I feel this is a lot more generic than trinity seven. Not to say that I don't enjoy it.
Nov 30, 2014 3:53 AM

May 2012
I tend to feel sorry for MAL users....especially when I read the forums...
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Dec 1, 2014 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
Jarkzy said:
If the word "generic" was an anime MC, this show would be his antagonist

This.
Dec 1, 2014 5:14 PM

Sep 2013
Nahhh, this show actually has some heart and I have been enjoying it on a weekly basis.

Trinity Seven on the other hand... is so unoriginal its hard for me to continue. Gags that I have heard hundreds of times, a cast so one-dimensional that it makes Tatsuya Shiba look like a fucking masterpiece in character development, and animation so bland that calling it generic gives it far too much credit. *shudders*
Dec 1, 2014 5:49 PM
Oct 2010
While I cannot say whether this is the most generic show of this season (mainly because I haven't watched trinity 7 which seems to be leading) I can say that the show kinda reminds me of Seitokai no Ichizon or other high school romcoms but I don't really mind that.
People die if they are killed
Dec 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2014
GoS1234 said:
Nahhh, this show actually has some heart and I have been enjoying it on a weekly basis.

Trinity Seven on the other hand... is so unoriginal its hard for me to continue. Gags that I have heard hundreds of times, a cast so one-dimensional that it makes Tatsuya Shiba look like a fucking masterpiece in character development, and animation so bland that calling it generic gives it far too much credit. *shudders*

Since you mentioned it, if we change most "generic" show for most "boring" show, Mahouka wins hands down. I still don't know how I managed to watch 11 or 12 episodes before dropping it.
Dec 1, 2014 7:28 PM

May 2011
If we define generic show as the "amazing bastard love child of the Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Seitokai no Ichizon", then yes.

Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de is the most amazing bastard love child of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Seitokai no Ichizon this fall.

Heck, IMO, the most amazing bastard love child of Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu and Seitokai no Ichizon ever.
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Dec 1, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
GoS1234 said:

This.
Dec 1, 2014 9:07 PM

Sep 2013
Kfier said:
GoS1234 said:

Since you mentioned it, if we change most "generic" show for most "boring" show, Mahouka wins hands down. I still don't know how I managed to watch 11 or 12 episodes before dropping it.

I made it to 17 I think. It was suffering but at least the animation looked decent at some points. Unlike a certain show.
Dec 1, 2014 11:32 PM

Aug 2013
I feel like most of the people commenting on what shows they think are generic don't actually know what the fucking word generic means...

Also the OP seems like his mind is set in that a generic show equals a bad show. Terrible way to think.
Dec 18, 2014 2:11 AM
Feb 2010

LOL, deleting this whole 3am rant, but yeah.

use derivative or cliche instead of "generic"
BFizzleOct 14, 2015 5:41 PM
Dec 18, 2014 2:44 AM

Jan 2014
^What this guy said...Btw no,not every anime MC is Gary Stu...
Dec 18, 2014 10:17 AM

Dec 2007
This is a damn lovable heart warming anime for me. A lot of great scenes, the animation feels so funky with Trigger at helm.

It's not the most original one in term of LNs. But still, there is something that makes me look forward to the next episode every time, the writing has some great touch, the directing is making the anime not too funny and not too serious.

Hatoko and Andou are my favorite characters (I kinda ship them too).
Dec 23, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
No. There are more generic shows than this.

Feb 2, 2015 3:39 AM

Jan 2012
nope

sauce: 1000+ anime watched old man
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2014

248 by Gin_Okuri-inu »»
Apr 14, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Best girl

q1w2e3r4t5 - Mar 26, 2019

7 by Piromysl »»
Apr 13, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2014

297 by Olticul »»
Mar 19, 11:33 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2014

109 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2014

115 by gannoncannon55 »»
Jan 30, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.