Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2008 2:31 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
L.M.A.O.!

Kyou was just hilarious and sexy and awesome and... everything. Loved how they actually got locked up in the storage room. xD

She's really making an effort to help her little sister but it doesn't look like Tomoya's interested in her in that way. Even though Ryou is really cute, she's just too shy. Even more shy than Nagisa lol.

Tomoyo was awesome in this episode as well, in every scene she was in. Especially the one where she first woke Tomoya up. :D

Poor Nagisa though ;_; . I hope she'll be back soon, Tomoya is clearly thinking of her all the time, and I like that.

Fuko's random appearance wasn't that funny this time around but hey, I still enjoyed this episode very much. Even though I don't know which arc this is supposed to be. xD
cyruzFeb 8, 2008 2:39 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 8, 2008 3:00 AM

Jul 2007
Ok... I have to say that when they were locked up in the storage room, i was laughing so hard that i fell off my hair :S Well i believe that Nagisa being absent is obviously necessary to progrees the arc... Well but its a bit lame... 5 girls like the same guy and all are hot!!!
Anyways im amazed by the anime and im seriously thinking of starting the game as well! Cant w8 for more Clannad
Feb 8, 2008 3:06 AM

Nov 2007
Haha,great episode.I just couldn't stop laughing most of the time xD
Feb 8, 2008 3:08 AM

Sep 2007
Holy crap, that was one of the best Clannad episodes ever. From the very beginning of Sunohara's rude awakening from Tomoyo to the Moest of Moe scenes in the storage room, and so much comedy, I simply couldn't stop myself from laughing.

I have to agree on Fuko's random appearance not being her best. In some ways I feel like when you remove a character, they should just stay removed, but so far, Clannad has done a great job of proving me wrong. Despite not being as funny as some of her other appearances, her intro scene always makes me smile, and it was by no means a bad choice.

Why is this series so amazing?
Feb 8, 2008 3:15 AM

Sep 2007
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I actually had to pause a few times during the storage room scene from laughing.
Feb 8, 2008 3:22 AM

Apr 2007
Probably the best episodes for laughs....my ribs hurt so much from laughing.

Kyou was pure gold this episode the misunderstanding in the storage room and Okazaki removing his shirt in front of her and the girl just opening the door.(I can see some people actually trying to do the spell)

Kyou Banzai and hurray for more Tomoyo screentime

The Red Truth is the only truth in the world
Feb 8, 2008 3:34 AM

Oct 2007
amazing how fast kyou accepts to get raped by tomoya ^^,
but besides that, kyou you are a pure win!!
Feb 8, 2008 3:59 AM

Oct 2007
I was hoping some h-scenes in storage room but I guess it was little too much asked XD

Feb 8, 2008 5:14 AM

Jun 2007
I love Tomoya and how he loves to harass Sunohara. This is one of the best shows I've watched. I can't wait to see more Tomoya and Nagisa. It was a little sad seeing him lonely without Nagisa there.

Feb 8, 2008 5:29 AM

Apr 2007
The storage room scene was probably the funniest I have seen in a very long time :-)
Feb 8, 2008 5:31 AM

Apr 2007
Aww. Poor Tomoya is having issues accepting that he actually likes someone. But he can't admit it to himself because he thinks he's nothing but a nuisance. Funny that all the girls seem to be going for him now. Except Nagisa. That's why he chose Kyou in the first place, huh? He thought he'd be safe. Tough luck, Tomoya XD You're what most girls ask for. Understanding, caring, and not wanting nothing in return.

Ryou doesn't seem particularly interested in him though. I get the impression she blushes for the mere fact he's a boy, and her sister keeps making it worse by trying to force them together. To me, she doesn't say anything because she doesn't want to disappoint her sister. She must have a feeling that Kyou actually likes Tomoya, and she's pretty much sacrificing that for her sake. I can't think of any other outcome that doesn't involve tears.

Now that's Nagisa out of the picture, we're sure to get the Tomoyo and Kyou arcs done. I hope it doesn't take too long, I'm going to miss her ;_;
Feb 8, 2008 6:31 AM

Jun 2007
wow, Tomoyo is quite going for it.

hilarious episode
Feb 8, 2008 7:30 AM
May 2007
Best... Clannad... episode... ever! *

Lots of Kyou, lots of Ryou, lots of Tomoyo. Win, win, win.

If you don't mind me I'm off to rewatch the storage room scene again. >=D

* Except for Fuko.
Feb 8, 2008 7:38 AM

Jan 2007
lol Zarin.

This was indeed a fabulous episode. Kyou was <33333333333333333333333
She is really moving up in my rankings. I definitely need to watch this again after school.

And yeah, i also disliked Fuko's appearence.
Feb 8, 2008 7:50 AM

Jul 2007
Episode 17 was fabulous! But Fuko's appearance got old.. :/ sorry Fuko fans but (even though I love Fuko) she's dead and she should stay that way.

The storage room scene was LOL. XD

Feb 8, 2008 7:55 AM

Apr 2007
She's not dead, you see.

But her appearances got old some time ago.
Feb 8, 2008 8:00 AM

Oct 2007
Hikaru said:
Probably the best episodes for laughs....my ribs hurt so much from laughing.

Kyou was pure gold this episode the misunderstanding in the storage room and Okazaki removing his shirt in front of her and the girl just opening the door.(I can see some people actually trying to do the spell)

Kyou Banzai and hurray for more Tomoyo screentime

Tomoyo and Kyou was the best!!!!!!!
I laughed soooo much from that storage room scene! Go Kyou :P
Tomoyo was not far behind as well, waking him up, walking with him, etc!!!

Purin said:
Episode 17 was fabulous! But Fuko's appearance got old.. :/ sorry Fuko fans but (even though I love Fuko) she's dead and she should stay that way.

I dont know which anime you are watching, but i am watching Clannad, and in that anime, Fuko is in a coma, not dead! You should probably check it all again, or pay more attention next time!
Feb 8, 2008 8:14 AM

Oct 2007
Kyou was t3h s3xy and funny, i loved this episode.

Fuko

REST IN PEACE ALREADY!!!
Feb 8, 2008 8:23 AM

Oct 2007
cr4sian_phil said:
Kyou was t3h s3xy and funny, i loved this episode.

Fuko

REST IN PEACE ALREADY!!!

Why does everyone think Fuko is dead???? What anime are you guys watching?
Feb 8, 2008 8:27 AM

Sep 2007
This ep. was so full of win, everything was just so awesome xD
I can' wait to see the next episode!

btw, in before Fuko hate! Oh wait....too late :/

Feb 8, 2008 8:33 AM

Apr 2007
Now, there's no reason for caps and big letters and whatnot. Why not just simply point out that Fuko's disappearance didn't mean she died? She's not dead. She just fulfilled her role. She wanted to help with her sister's wedding, and she did, so she left. All the cameos are annoying because well... She's supposed to be gone. It's very anti-climatic, not to mention random.
Feb 8, 2008 8:37 AM
May 2007
Friendlysoul said:

Dead, coma, as far as we are concerned it's the same thing. Her appearances have absolutely zero affect on the story at all and all she is doing is breaking the mood. I was laughing so much at the storage room scene and then she appeared and my face literally went from =D to -_-, all the humour that was generated in the previous scene--all gone, reducing my enjoyment for rest of the episode. The fighting scene would have been much better to watch without the emotional disruption in my personal opinion.

Yes, Kotomi also has no affect on the story either but her purpose is to show that Tomoya isn't just sitting alone with two interested girls, he's actually in a group. The same cannot be said for Fuko.
Feb 8, 2008 8:43 AM

Oct 2007
Zarin said:
Friendlysoul said:

Dead, coma, as far as we are concerned it's the same thing. Her appearances have absolutely zero affect on the story at all and all she is doing is breaking the mood.

I know her appearance does not effect the story, but find me a dictionary that says:
"a dead person is also knows as a person in a coma."
Feb 8, 2008 8:56 AM

Apr 2007
She's not dead. Period.

Because you don't like her doesn't mean you need to ignore the facts. Yes, I hate her appearances too.
Feb 8, 2008 9:04 AM
May 2007
Well done on misreading what I typed. I did not say that being dead is the same as being in a coma, I said that since both involve the the body of a person that cannot move they are effectively the same thing from an expired story perspective. Her arc had a clear finishing point, KyoAni should be respecting that instead of making random appearances. If they wanted to do that then they should have changed her arc to allow it.

Just because you like her doesn't mean you need to ignore the facts. Yes, I respected her arc while it was still going too, but enough is enough.
Feb 8, 2008 9:08 AM

Sep 2007
nice episode xD
well just as said earlier i didn't know
who's arc is this one too... =|
maybe it's Okazaki's arc o.o?

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Feb 8, 2008 9:11 AM

Apr 2007
They're mixing Kyou's and Tomoyo's arcs.
Feb 8, 2008 9:23 AM

Oct 2007
sevenf said:
if you're in coma for about 1year and you still don't wake up, they just turn off the life support system, and you DIE!
probably good enough?

That is not true, just because that happens in SOME places IN AMERICA, (its too costly for them to keep it on longer) does not mean that its true everywhere else...

I did some checking for you and the longest coma and recovery ever recorded was 21 years. "21 years is the longest time anyone has spent in a coma and recovered."
That's right, after 21 years in a come they woke up!!!
Feb 8, 2008 9:37 AM
Jan 2008
looks like tomoyo is going transfer dam it. she needs more screentime!!!! great ep as usual.

Tomoyo FTW
Feb 8, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
That was definitely a great episode full of laughs and interesting developments. I'm really interested in what feelings Kyou and Tomoyo have for Tomoya (friend or love interest). The only thing that ruined the episode for me was Fuko's random appearance. Well I just have to wait till next week, to know what that episode preview meant. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2008 9:38 AM

Oct 2007
sevenf said:
I wasn't talking about America, Europe here. They turn off the support system when the family members agree and don't have hope that he/she will ever wake up. And what's so good after waking up after 21 year? Your brain and muscles are degrade or/and atrophied. Most of people who wake up after such a long period don't even understand where or who they are, they don't remember anything. You have a precious person to you and he can't remember you. I think that's the same as being dead for him.

What??? are you serious???

So you telling me if you wake up after 1 or 2 years you are considered dead as well???
just because i said the longest coma + recovery was 21 years, does not mean that people down wake up after 1 year, or 2, etc...

Why does people in a coma mean dead to you, during and even after they wake up?
Feb 8, 2008 9:41 AM

Jun 2007
oh Fuko im sorry but im starting to like Tomoyo and Kyou more and more
Kyou looks so cute in her gym uniform and Tomoyo seems like a really fun person XD

well Tomoya sacrifices himself for Tomoyo good for him since it is better that he gets the heat than Tomoyo in the long run
he has feelings for Nagisa, so cute
Feb 8, 2008 9:46 AM

Dec 2007
Oh yeah, what a great ep! Laughed a lot, got to see a bunch of drama and the story seems nicely intertwined.

Tomoyo practically confessed! Too bad she didn't make it too much of a moment =/ Poor Ryou still can't find the guts to say anything to Tomoya, and after Kyou's scene in the storage room, where she practically fell for him, it's going to be harder to get support from her sister (I think Kyou is going to be a bit confused setting the guy she found out she likes with Ryou - Oh the blissful drama I forsee *_*)

Gawd! I LOVED the storage room scene! It was really funny, and Kyou couldn't stop blushing! My heart gets a little warmer everytime a beautiful tsundere like her blushes ^-^ Tomoya really is naughty, he willingly led her to believe those things (or at least he accidentely made a very suggestive choice of wording).

All things considered, I award this episode 12 out of a possible 5. Period.

By the way, did anyone else notice that Tomoyo's eyes the second time she's in Sunohara's room appear purple, kinda like Kotomi's? More specifically, it's after he gets beaten.

Kemonomimi Shoujo, a site dedicated to beautiful nekomimis, inumimis, kitsunemimis, usagimimis and more! Check out the club, too!
Feb 8, 2008 9:47 AM

Oct 2007
sevenf said:
I never told anything about waking up after 1-2 years and considered dead.
While in coma, because your life is supported only by the system, you're just a body that is living from the help of medicine technology. After they wake up, I consider people dead only when they don't remember anything, can't move, think, etc., that's also a just a body.

OK, i will go on to that with you...
The term used in America is Plants, not Dead... I dont know the scientific term, maybe its Mentally Retarded or something...
But again not everyone that wakes up from a coma has a brain problem! They just continue their life from what they remember before they were in a coma...

Check Kanon (2006) for a reference !!!
Feb 8, 2008 10:03 AM

Oct 2007
sevenf said:
Ok, I will. Even if they don't have brain problems their muscles are still atrophied, I'd say it's hard to make them "usable" again.
Off-topic, wow, this is really fun xD, I should check the forums more often. x)

LOL at the comment....

Anyway back to what we were talking, it is known that nurses massage their muscles, i dont know how often for the reason you just mention.
Also check Kanon (2006) as well as Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, and you will see my point there as well, I cant give anymore information, because it is a true fact, but a tiny spoiler at same time...
Feb 8, 2008 10:10 AM

Jun 2007
Hand is also considered part of body...lol...pity Sunohara.OMG,looks like Kyou is so hot..she is in the mood also when in the storage room...That charm thingy is just coincidence right???lol..
Feb 8, 2008 10:13 AM

Oct 2007
sevenf said:
Yes, I know that, I watch House M.D xD Ok, anyway, let's just stop this off-topic discussion, if you'll ever want to discuss again, pm or leave a comment, I'll gladly argue ;D

Its ok, i dont plan to argue anymore that people in a come = dead :P
ok, leaving this topic now :P
Feb 8, 2008 10:18 AM

Nov 2007
Kyou makes my knees weak. I can't believe such a scene was made possible for our eyes. I thought ep15 was epic enough, but we get Kyou blushing, thigh highs and bloomers, in a shed .. and then personal wakeup calls from a well-toned Tomoyo?

Tomoya, just take advantage!!!

And yeah, I love Fuuko to bits, but her appearance this time wasn't the best timing. The previous two were fine, but we had the suspense of a fight building up.
Feb 8, 2008 10:20 AM
Oct 2007
xhx said:
looks like tomoyo is going transfer dam it. she needs more screentime!!!! great ep as usual.

Tomoyo FTW

i think they were talking about why tomoyo transfer from her old school to her current one. i certainly hope she won't transfer though.

and about all this fuko hate, kyoani is just trying to keep fuko in the story. Maybe many were complaining in kanon that some characters disappear after their arcs? so what if she is dead or in coma? She was like that since the start of the show. Why weren't you all complaining about how she shouldn't appear cause she is lying in the hospital?

I think kyoani is just trying to show that fuko still lives deep in the heart of the other characters even without them knowing it. Its better than totally forgetting fuko. Don't you remember how the others tried so hard not to forget her? Anyway, there will be more random fuko appearances, so, be ready for it and don't complain.
Feb 8, 2008 10:25 AM

Apr 2007
The biggest problem with Fuko's appearance is that her arc is pretty anti-climatic with all the random appearances. If she'd still come up, then why all the tears? Because they were going to forget her? If she kept appearing, wouldn't they just have to befriend her again? If she actually did add to the story, we wouldn't be complaining. But she just tries to be comic relief and fails. The first time it happened was okay. But now it was very unnecessary. Like Crisu said, we had the fight tension going on and then, BOOM. Cuteness Attack. Then back to fight. Really bad timing.
Feb 8, 2008 10:30 AM
Dec 2007
i think they were talking about why tomoyo transfer from her old school to her current one. i certainly hope she won't transfer though.

Yeah, she tells Okazaki why she transferred to that respective school. She's not transferring away.

Also, it's a simple concept here. Fuko is in a hospital, in a coma, living through Life-Support. You are not "legally" dead until your heart stops beating, so unless they state otherwise, Fuko is still alive. She is also bound to look about 3 years older than she did during her arc (and her cameos). BTW, I have to agree the last cameo was badly handled. Way anti-climactic considering the situation at hand.

And as for who's arc is it and all that? I think they ditched the arc thing and decided to assort things in a more coherent way while at the same time not leaving anything important out. And Nagisa geeting ill means Tomoya X Nagisa is now pretty much tied down, for anyone who wanted some other pairing to end up official. Expected, and actually being handled well.

Feb 8, 2008 10:38 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was great! The storeroom part was hilarious xD
I never knew Kyou could be so sexy.

And why can't they just stop including Fuko, she is a funny character and all, but now it's just getting annoying -.-
Feb 8, 2008 10:39 AM
Oct 2007
Lets just assume fuko's arc will only end when she wakes up(i hope she does). This is just building up to that time. Before this, fuko's spirit appears cause she wants to help her sister's wedding. But now, she wants to help her friends. But she isn't really doing things right. i guess this is the best kyoani could think of to keep fuko in all of this. It may not be that appropriate, but could anyone think of a better way for fuko to remain in the story without anyone complaining?
Feb 8, 2008 10:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It's always the goddamn same. This is an anime, and not your reality.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 8, 2008 12:32 PM
Aug 2007
I totally agree with everyone who says that this is the best Clannad episode so far! Having both Kyou and Tomoyo's arcs at the same time just means twice the awesomeness!
Feb 8, 2008 12:40 PM

Dec 2007
Most of the jokes just weren't funny, oh noes porn under the bed and bad cooking. where do they ever think of these things! Then Fuko showed up to top it off... The episode was pretty good though compared to the terrible previous ones.
playconnFeb 8, 2008 10:34 PM
Feb 8, 2008 1:16 PM

Oct 2007
Such a funny and awkward episode.

Feb 8, 2008 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Hilarious episode, this is probably the best episode to date.
Feb 8, 2008 1:33 PM

Feb 2007
Shiranai said:
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I actually had to pause a few times during the storage room scene from laughing.

Same here! :D
Feb 8, 2008 1:36 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome episode!! Fuko's appearance...I didn't think it was funny. Tomoyo waking up Okazaki and Sunohara was pure win every time! "Is he a masochist?" rofl

Sad for nagisa though, I hope she comes back soon. It is really obvious tomoya will end up with nagisa (I don't know anything about the game.) After what happened with kyou.

I'm disliking ryou though, reminds me of kimi ga nozumo eien a bit.

Kyou, well what can I say. I was laughing most of the time and if I wasn't doing that I was waiting intentively for something to blurt out/happen. I'm surprised tomoya never said anything about how she was just going to let him rape her in the end?! lol I like her a bit more now, since before she just seemed too tomboyish compared to all of the others.

And yet again, okazaki taking one for the team.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

443 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

nodoka-koi - Nov 22, 2007

193 by Creepyy »»
Yesterday, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by D-A-W »»
Apr 19, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

192 by Creepyy »»
Apr 19, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.