Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 18, 2014 11:09 AM

Aug 2012
mirakura said:

Dat berserker~~!!

DAT eye!!

Learn how to use spoiler tags with HUGE LARGE pictures, but then again it is Hercu-chan so it feels natural.
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Oct 18, 2014 11:10 AM

Jul 2007
Shaniyaz said:

Rin's reaction to Shirou's smooth words was cute! :3

Unlimited Teasing Works
Oct 18, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2012
Tsundereppoi said:
CrankyPriest said:

Because it is natural for all beings to get aroused by tea pots, even before they were invented.

I'm talking about the mating dance

There is something wrong with you if you consider Rin more arousing than *Deep Kirei voice*TEAPOTS*Deep Kirei Voice*.
"There’s a wall between the normal and the abnormal—that way of thinking was wrong from the beginning. Of course, you have to differentiate between the normal and the abnormal, and you won’t be able to live if you don’t, but this and that are like bordering countries—over here and over there are connected." ~Senjougahara Hitagi~
Oct 18, 2014 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
Didn't like the dubstep-ish track at the end there, it doesn't really fit imho

On the plus-side: Rejoice!

Oct 18, 2014 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
CrankyPriest said:
mirakura said:

Dat berserker~~!!

DAT eye!!

Learn how to use spoiler tags with HUGE LARGE pictures, but then again it is Hercu-chan so it feels natural.

EH, the pic is pretty tiny, or mayb my screen is different :3
The sun is a deadly laser
Oct 18, 2014 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
CrankyPriest said:
Tsundereppoi said:

I'm talking about the mating dance

There is something wrong with you if you consider Rin more arousing than *Deep Kirei voice*TEAPOTS*Deep Kirei Voice*.

I'll admit, that slow, high-fps panning scene in the church, displaying Kirei's rectangle-walking skills was pretty alpha.
But now that I think about it, Tokiomi has a thing for walking in circles, Kirei - walking in rectangles. What's the catch?
Oct 18, 2014 11:14 AM

Aug 2012
mirakura said:
CrankyPriest said:

DAT eye!!

EH, the pic is pretty tiny, or maybe my screen is different :3

Maybe your screen is tiny and everything shows up tiny and cute and moe and causes nosebleed to anyone who looks at it.
Oct 18, 2014 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
Buildup was pretty great, can't wait for the next episode.
Oh god who are you people?
Oct 18, 2014 11:17 AM

May 2014
I'm Saberfag and I was little upset about UBW route but now I realized I just love Fate universe whit every route and story they have. So far adaptation going amazing and I hope we see new animations and new storys from Ufotable + Type moon.
Oct 18, 2014 11:18 AM
Oct 2013
vongola-undecimo said:
MercifulPriest said:

...You know what, I'll be frank. This is the first stupid "People Die When They Are Killed" assumption that I've ever read on MAL. I mean, they're fairly commonplace elsewhere like on Youtube and 4chan, but thus far I haven't encountered any here until now.

Well, I guess people like this have to exist for the sake of harmony, huh.

Well,the first 2 episodes so far (Minus the prologue) are pretty much the same thing,so of course i'll assume it's the same stuff (having no knowledge of the novel)

If you were pissed by the "people die when they are killed" thing,it's just easier to use than "that other version" or something along those lines

The first 2 episodes are the ones which are the same as the other anime, it will completely take a different path from the next 1-2 episodes
Oct 18, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2009
Oct 18, 2014 11:19 AM

Aug 2012
Tsundereppoi said:
CrankyPriest said:

I'll admit, that slow, high-fps panning scene in the church, displaying Kirei's rectangle-walking skills was pretty alpha.
But now that I think about it, Tokiomi has a thing for walking in circles, Kirei - walking in rectangles. What's the catch?

Reasons:-
Tokiomi: From drinking too much wine.
Kirei: From reading too much bible.(does he really read it when he's alone?)

or Ufotable just likes weird walking as much as Shaft like head tilts. Just wait until you see bersercar dance on that dubstep music.
Oct 18, 2014 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
CrankyPriest said:
mirakura said:

Maybe your screen is tiny and everything shows up tiny and cute and moe and causes nosebleed to anyone who looks at it.

Thx cemlat, was looking for that expression :3

mira-pyonOct 18, 2014 11:23 AM
Oct 18, 2014 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
CrankyPriest said:
mirakura said:

Oct 18, 2014 11:22 AM

Jul 2009
CrankyPriest said:
Tsundereppoi said:

or Ufotable just likes weird walking as much as Shaft like head tilts. Just wait until you see bersercar dance on that dubstep music.

Won't be expecting any less than this
Oct 18, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2013
Hmm did the VN already have a Berserker stat screen at this point? It would be fun to compare it with Archer and Saber.

Also it'd be pretty tough to walk in circles in a place like that, you'd need to step on the benches and all.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Oct 18, 2014 11:24 AM

Sep 2014
ijuka said:
Hmm did the VN already have a Berserker stat screen at this point? It would be fun to compare it with Archer and Saber.

Why? Archer is clearly the weakest
Oct 18, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2007
Tsundereppoi said:

Spoiler that shit.
Oct 18, 2014 11:27 AM
Jan 2014
mirakura said:
CrankyPriest said:

DAT eye!!

EH, the pic is pretty tiny, or mayb my screen is different :3

High resolution probably.
Oct 18, 2014 11:28 AM

May 2012
The Holy Grail War.

Once again another great episode. Now this is how you do pacing. This episode was pretty much just explaining the HGW to Shirou. Love the fact that they explain it to him. The person who doesn't know anything about the damn war, instead of just randomly giving out information to people who already know what's going on. And my boy Kirei! I think I know where he got that walking around in circles from. Dat ending was surprising to me (haven't played the VN). Wasn't expecting to see Illya so soon. I like how she had berserker with her. Next episode is the first battle can't wait.

5/5.
Oct 18, 2014 11:32 AM

Aug 2012
mirakura said:
CrankyPriest said:

Thx cemlat, was looking for that expression :3

No problem, just remember you are not alone in this.

Skyzzed said:

YES. Just like that.

Tsundereppoi said:
CrankyPriest said:

Won't be expecting any less than this

I can easily imagine him dancing and he will look badass doing it.

Tsundereppoi said:

Saved.
Oct 18, 2014 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
ijuka said:

Also it'd be pretty tough to walk in circles in a place like that, you'd need to step on the benches and all.

Nope, you get the status screens once they are explained to Shirou as far as I remember.
Oct 18, 2014 11:34 AM

Sep 2014
Forgetfulness said:
dang, a cliffhanger. Another really good episode. When I was reading the VN, I thought Kirei's discussion about the last master was a lie about himself but after watching this episode I kinda wonder if he might be talking about Kiritsugu.

Can't wait to see Archer + Saber vs. Berserker. I have no doubt ufotable will bring us something fucking amazing

Also, I watched this with a friend and I'm kinda surprised by how many hints he noticed such as
Eh, somehow I feel that I wouldn't pick on that much if I hadn't already read the VN :/

HOW can he tell berserker is greek??
Oct 18, 2014 11:35 AM

Jul 2013
Good episode.
Nice to see Kirei Kotomine. :D
Walking around in circle like a boss.
Berserker next week :D
Oct 18, 2014 11:36 AM

Sep 2013
This adaptation has been near perfect so far. That was a drool-worthy 5 minutes.

Rin how are you so best girl.

Yorokobe shounen, Berserker next episode!

Sep 2013
mirakura said:
Forgetfulness said:
dang, a cliffhanger. Another really good episode. When I was reading the VN, I thought Kirei's discussion about the last master was a lie about himself but after watching this episode I kinda wonder if he might be talking about Kiritsugu.

Can't wait to see Archer + Saber vs. Berserker. I have no doubt ufotable will bring us something fucking amazing

Also, I watched this with a friend and I'm kinda surprised by how many hints he noticed such as
Eh, somehow I feel that I wouldn't pick on that much if I hadn't already read the VN :/

It's gotta be the heterochromia and the abs. Because that's how Greek people look like. *eyesattheFakePriest*

Sep 2014
Ugh, why does next week have to be so far away?? ;n;

CorePriest said:
mirakura said:

It's gotta be the heterochromia and the abs.

So if one of Shirou's eyes was green, he would be greek? Hmm~
Oct 18, 2014 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
That infodump went by really quick with Kirei's voice.

Excited for the fight next episode!
Oct 18, 2014 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
Forgetfulness said:
mirakura said:

Hm, actually I don't know. It may have just been a lucky guess

Oct 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Sep 2014

CookingPriest said:
Forgetfulness said:
Hm, actually I don't know. It may have just been a lucky guess

Yeah, true. But we were all blinded by his other amazing features :3
Oct 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Feb 2013
Glorious adaptation is glorious.
Oct 18, 2014 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
If the VN has fan service, I'm playing it right now. I've watched Fate/Zero so like.. where in the VN shall i start?

Definitely isn't off topic or anything. I shall join the Priest wave... Unless this knocks FMA:B off rank #1 which I doubt. So I'll be a priest for a certain period.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
Oct 18, 2014 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
That cliffhanger<3<3<3

Another really good Episode, this time with a lot of Infordump, but that`s fine cause it was done with Kirei`s Voice<3. Overall good pacing and looking forward to next episode.

5/5
"Both love and happiness are the same as the air. Even though it fills the world, if you don't understand it, it's the same as if it doesn't exist." -ΛΔ

"Without love, it cannot be seen."

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. Thats is the secret of life." -Rider (Fate/Zero)

Oct 18, 2014 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
*pants heavily* im breathless...
that ending OMG
i really hope this series stays this good and doesn't screw up somewhere along the way. but omg, it feels like I'm watching a movie
Oct 18, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
I love the music from Fate/Zero in these episodes. The remixed version of Point Zero in particular is awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2014 11:57 AM

May 2014
M3k4toku said:
If the VN has fan service, I'm playing it right now. I've watched Fate/Zero so like.. where in the VN shall i start?

Definitely isn't off topic or anything. I shall join the Priest wave... Unless this knocks FMA:B off rank #1 which I doubt. So I'll be a priest for a certain period.

Well from the start. And about that fan service every route have some h scane but if you playing for fan service it will bored you I'm sure.
Oct 18, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2014
Akiyama said:

pikeman1 said:

Damn, shake that ass girl.
Oct 18, 2014 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
Jesus fucking Christ that ep dragged more than a German transvestite.
Oct 18, 2014 12:00 PM

Jul 2014
Chabe said:
Jesus fucking Christ that ep dragged more than a German transvestite.

This made my day.
"Hi!"
Oct 18, 2014 12:01 PM
Jul 2018
#SARCASMON
/a/ are so smart:

It's not like this episode had a lot of potential, considering it was bound to be two back to back rounds of infodumping, but it was still kinda disappointing. I feel like so far, other than the fight scenes, which have been pretty stellar, the adaptation has been kinda not quite right. I don't know exactly what it is, maybe it's the lack of internal monologues (which are always a pain in anime adaptations of written stuff) or maybe it's just awkward directing, but I've felt like most "serious" non-fighting scenes have felt off.

Jul 2009
sullynathan said:
Akiyama said:

pikeman1 said:

Damn, shake that ass girl.

That sig of yours and that post

Nov 2011
i am so glad shirou isnt a blabbering idiot anymore
Hate Keeps me warm

Feb 2014
Disappointed that they didn't use Church on the Hill, but Kotomine is Kotomine and that's all that matters.

Feb 2014

Great info dump episode! They nailed all the points and set up everything perfectly. I don't mind info dump episodes like some people because it's completely necessary for world building and character development.

Liked seeing Saber and Shirou confirm their contract and partnership, that's always nice. Also I have to say that I can really see how menacing and eerie Kotomine is when they're talking to him. It's a little different in the VN because you can't see him pacing around and making all those little gestures.

Also Ilya incoming!!!! Cannot wait for the Berserker fight.

Nov 2013
CookingPriest said:
PERFECT pacing so far.

Yes the first 10 minutes were completely necessary, it's not as if they could have head straight to Kirei and got the exact same exposition... with a better voice giving it. Holy fuck, the pacing was awful, how on earth is this your definition of perfect? These threads genuinely worry me.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 18, 2014 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
Rin explaining the war to Shirou. All those fanservice ^^
More information from Kirei! The church being faintly lit!
Liked Saber in that cloak and that handshake!

Berserker next episode >.< Can't wait for the fight!
Oct 18, 2014 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Vexper said:
CookingPriest said:
PERFECT pacing so far.

Yes the first 10 minutes were completely necessary, it's not as if they could have head straight to Kirei and got the exact same exposition... with a better voice giving it. Holy fuck, the pacing was awful, how on earth is this your definition of perfect? These threads genuinely worry me.

No, it is really difficult to know if this is sarcasm if I don't see your expressions.
Oct 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Jul 2007
Gr33ncar said:
i am so glad shirou isnt a blabbering idiot anymore

He never was?

Unless we are talking about certain nonexistent noncanon 2006 adaptation that everyone ignores.
Oct 18, 2014 12:04 PM

Nov 2013
OkarinPriest said:
Vexper said:

No, it is really difficult to know if this is sarcasm if I don't see your expressions.

It's worse than I even thought.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Pages (18) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

1042 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 13, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2014

2751 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2014

903 by keynutil »»
Jan 29, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2014

1630 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 19, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

708 by SanessyAdversary »»
Jan 14, 1:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.