Forum Settings
Forums

Do you punish pets if they did something wrong?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2015 8:31 AM

Jan 2015
Chikamtsu said:
Saki-nyan said:
Putting small animals in a cage is not fucking animal abuse at all. For example, my mother...
If I find your mother I'm gonna make her pee on my carpet that way I could jail her and pee on her at my heart's content. I'm gonna create the first peep abduction and use it as example. There's a time for the pees parties and there's times where I have to be serious. Don't make me repeat myself.

I have no clue what you are talking about but your retarded ways are in no way funny.
Mar 28, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
Saki-nyan said:
Veinless said:

*whispers* I was joooookiiiing......~

Who woulda thunk it?!

Better question would be, who wouldn't have thunk it?

But yeah, time to give my two cents on the subject matter. Pets shouldn't be punished by physical means (smacking,hitting etc.).The animal doesn't know better, and it shouldn't have to face brunt animal brutality just because you didn't teach it properly, you yourself are to blame.
Mar 28, 2015 8:34 AM

Jun 2014
Saki-nyan said:
... Just spitting the usual animal rights bullshit...

Where does he/she talked about animals rights ?
Don't try to act like you don't give a shit about shits.
I don't personally hate you but you should stop talking about anything and everything. You're the one off-topic!
Mar 28, 2015 8:38 AM

Jan 2015
Chikamtsu said:
Saki-nyan said:

I don't personally hate you but you should stop talking about anything and everything. You're the one off-topic!

Ummm, where he said keeping animals in cages is always wrong?
And of course, quoting one sentence from a big post makes it seem off-topic.
And you insulting my mother was so elegant and on-topic, right?
Mar 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Jul 2014
don't have any pets

but if they poop on the rug they are not getting any cookies
Mar 28, 2015 8:39 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:

First off, you retard, ingrate means an ungrateful person, so at least you should look up what words mean. Second, I take it you don't know shit about keeping animals. Just spitting the usual animal rights bullshit. Many breeders keep young cats in cages so they won't wander off and many times the mother doesn't want to feed them, even when they need it. That's why we put them in big cages. But of course somebody like you, who knows nothing at all about it, just spitting bullshit knows better.

Yeah, someone who is going to call me a "retard" is going to lecture me on fucking how to use words? Ingrate can be also be used to described a lower class of human being, possessing a low I.Q. So why it does mean ungrateful person, it can be used in other contexts. But, yeah, since you use such vocabulary as "retard", guess I shouldn't argue with you now, aye? You obviously possess great literary skills, far greater than my own.

I know shit about taking care of animals, apparently you don't. Again, I'm not talking about preventing them for wondering off. I'm talking about putting them in a cage to punish them. Again, you can find other ways outside of caging them up. That said, why do that right? Why seek out more ethical ways of preventing very small dogs and cats, and others animals, from getting into dangerous harm, when we can fucking lock them up in a cage all day, or for a decent amount of time.

I saw a YouTube video, of casual, everyday, vloggers, where they left one a webcam of sorts in their room and they left their dog, in cage, and he kept howling, moaning, and crying. It was painful to watch. Also, in most of their videos some on their dogs come off as aggressive, at times. Maybe it's because they put them in cages, perhaps?

I'm not sewing bullshit. I'm spewing ethical practical and compassionate options and choices.

Fuck off.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 28, 2015 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
Chikamtsu said:
Saki-nyan said:

He didn't say it, but he implied it was the animals right. It isn't that hard to pick up.
Secondly, you probably should stop acting like a retard.
Mar 28, 2015 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

First off, you retard, ingrate means an ungrateful person, so at least you should look up what words mean. Second, I take it you don't know shit about keeping animals. Just spitting the usual animal rights bullshit. Many breeders keep young cats in cages so they won't wander off and many times the mother doesn't want to feed them, even when they need it. That's why we put them in big cages. But of course somebody like you, who knows nothing at all about it, just spitting bullshit knows better.

Yeah, someone who is going to call me a "retard" is going to lecture me on fucking how to use words? Ingrate can be also be used to described a lower class of human being, possessing a low I.Q. So why it does mean ungrateful person, it can be used in other context. But, yeah, since you use such vocabulary as "retard", guess I shouldn't argue with you now, aye?

I know shit about taking care of animals, apparently you don't. Again, I'm not talking about preventing them for wondering off. Again, you can find other ways outside of caging them up. But why do that right? Why seek out more ethical ways of preventing very small dogs and cats, and others animals for getting to dangerous harm, when can fucking lock them up in a cage all day, or for a decent amount of time.

I saw a YouTube video, of casual, everyday, vloggers, where they left one a webcam of sorts in their room and they left their dog, and he kept howling and moaning a crying. Also, in most videos some on their dogs come off as aggressive. Maybe it's because they put them in cages, perhaps?

I'm not sewing bullshit. I'm spewing ethical partical and compassiante options and choices.

Fuck off.

Lmao, so you saw a Youtube video, where the owner put the dog in a cage and left him alone? And now you think that means everyone leaves their animals alone in a cage with no food?
You still can't understand that I'm talking about small animals put in a cage. Yet you give examples were grown up animals are thrown in cages. Did I ever say I do that? Do you think a 12cms wide kitten is the same as a 1m wide dog?

And lol, you call me a lower class of a human being, and then you find me calling you a retard wrong? Are you for real.
And why did you call me a lower case of human being in the first place? Because I told you that putting animals in cages is not always wrong?
Mar 28, 2015 8:48 AM

Oct 2014
Veinless said:
He didn't say it, but he implied it was the animals right. It isn't that hard to pick up.

How did I imply anything about animal rights? Point it out. Give me an example of a context I implied it.
Mar 28, 2015 8:49 AM

Mar 2014
I raised my cats well
except they meow so loud when they want attention and I just shout ''shuuuuut up'' and then they go in stalk mode and follow you around everywhere hugging your legs, jumping on your lap etc.
they're just fat and spoiled
Mar 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Veinless said:

How did I imply anything about animal rights? Point it out. Give me an example of a context I implied it.

The million times you said animals should never be put in cages.
Mar 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
Saki-nyan said:

I don't insult people, I said I would create a pee abduction. It's not always wrong because like I said I would make your mother in mine...

In all peace of mind, stop being stupid, just look at what you wrote before calling people retards...

I don't think people need someone to tell them they are wrong putting someone in a cage... So how come you call it a right ? Since most of the rights do not apply for animals (at least for the moment).
Mar 28, 2015 8:55 AM

Jan 2015
Chikamtsu said:
Saki-nyan said:

I don't insult people, I said I would create a pee abduction. It's not always wrong because like I said I would make your mother in mine...

In all peace of mind, stop being stupid, just look at what you wrote before calling people retards...

I don't think people need someone to tell them they are wrong putting someone in a cage... So how come you call it a right ? Since most of the rights do not apply for animals (at least for the moment).

If you would know what you are talking about, you'd see all I said is that there are some exceptions where putting animals in cages is not wrong. On the contrary, it helps them. If a mother cat is unwilling to take care of it's newborn kittens, they die. But if you put the kittens and the mother in a cage, the mother has to stay with them. If 5-6 small kittens roam around a house, full of dangers (they can get stuck anywhere, hurt themselves, and not because houses are that bad, it's because they are really small), it's better to put them in a cage until they can learn to jump/survive longer jumps. I never implied putting animals in cages as punishment was right.
Mar 28, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
Lmao, so you saw a Youtube video, where the owner put the dog in a cage and left him alone? And now you think that means everyone leaves their animals alone in a cage with no food?

It's called an example you half-witted baboon. I didn't just see that video and all of a sudden my whole view changed. I was using it as to further my point.

I can't find the video, because, again, they are everyday vloggers, so they have a lot of videos.

But it's here on this channel, if anyone wishes to seek it out.

Saki-nyan said:
You still can't understand that I'm talking about small animals put in a cage. Yet you give examples were grown up animals are thrown in cages. Did I ever say I do that? Do you think a 12cms wide kitten is the same as a 1m wide dog?

Yes, I understand completely. I just disagree entirely. Someone disagreeing with you doesn't mean they don't understand what you're saying.

No, you didn't and never said you did say that.

No, I don't think a 12cms wide kitten is the the same as a 1m dog. It still doesn't disregard how I feel about any animal, of any sort, of any size, does not, ever, belong in a cage. There is no justifiable reason for it.

Again, if you are worried about small, tiny, companions wondering off. Find other viable options other than changing them up.

Saki-nyan said:
And lol, you call me a lower class of a human being, and then you find me calling you a retard wrong? Are you for real.

I'm talking about you're vocabulary. As in, it isn't a very intellectual word to use. Which is fucking brilliant coming for someone trying to use a word that usually is meant to imply stupidity, what have you.

Also, the word "retard" can be arguably be said to be a ablest slur and mean hinder, obstruct.

Saki-nyan said:
And why did you call me a lower case of human being in the first place? Because I told you that putting animals in cages is not always wrong?

I was more referring to your I.Q level, and not that you were a lower class of a human being. It's a word for emphasis, not meant in literal context.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 9:08 AM
Mar 28, 2015 9:04 AM

Jun 2014
Saki-nyan said:
If you would know what you are talking about, you'd see all I said is that there are some exceptions where putting animals in cages is not wrong. On the contrary, it helps the..

I think I understand the way you are thinking but you have somewhere forgot what we call "freedom"... I mean, it does not matter what we want because it's her children, we don't have to force her to take care of them or at least not by putting her into a cage... Look, I'm not saying you are the worst human on earth or whatever for I listen to what you have to say and I try to do my best to give you an appropriate answer. By the way, the thing I find funny is that most women don't want to be an object for men (and some men for women) but they would call a cat a pet... I know it's another subject but why don't we call a cat a cat to begin with (x/x)...
ChikamtsuMar 28, 2015 9:07 AM
Mar 28, 2015 9:04 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
crestofhonesty said:

The million times you said animals should never be put in cages.

Wow, what a great example. Very solid.

Except... Oh, wait...
Mar 28, 2015 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

It's called an example you half-witted baboon. I didn't just see that video and all of a sudden my whole view changed. I was using it as to further my point.

I can't find the video, because, again, they are everyday vloggers, so they have a lot of videos.

But it's here on this channel, if anyone wishes to seek it out.

Saki-nyan said:

Yes, I understand completely. I just disagree entirely. Someone disagreeing with who doesn't mean they don't understand what you're saying.

No, you didn't and never said you did say that.

No, I don't think a 12cms wide kitten is the was a 1m dog. It still doesn't disregard how I feel about any animal, of any sort does not, ever, belong in a cage. There is no justifiable reason for it.

Again, if you are worried about small, tiny, companions wondering off. Find other viable options other than changing them up.

Saki-nyan said:

I'm talking about you're vocabulary. As in, it isn't a very intellectual word to use. Which is fucking brilliant coming for someone trying to use a word that usually is meant to imply stupidity, what have you.

Also, the word "retard" can be arguably be said to be a ablest slur and mean hinder, obstruct.

Saki-nyan said:

I was more referring to your I.Q level. It's a word for emphasis, not meant in literal context.

Oh yes, keep insulting me. After 1000000 insults, your opinion will be right.
Retard=ablest slur, lower case of a human being=completely respectful?
Case closed. No point in arguing since you have obviously never been in a situation where you had to put small animals in a cage. And don't come with this "find another solution", because there is no another solution. Nobody has the time to stay with kittens 24/7, and not because I don't give a damn about them. Are you with your animal(s) 24/7? No. Then what makes you think they are not lonely all alone in a house?
And how about a situation where your cat gets hurt, breaks it's leg and the doctor says he can't jump down from anywhere? You are there with him 24/7 to make sure he doesn't hurt himself or you put him in a big cage for the time being?
Mar 28, 2015 9:13 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
And don't come with this "find another solution", because there is no another solution.

How is there "not another solution"? Explain.

Saki-nyan said:
Nobody has the time to stay with kittens 24/7, and not because I don't give a damn about them. Are you with your animal(s) 24/7? No. Then what makes you think they are not lonely all alone in a house?

I never implied they couldn't get lonely. In fact, that is more or less my point. They get lonely, sad, and on top of that they are stuck in a cage. How is that right?

That just seems horrible. But I guess you can't seem to emphasize with that.

Saki-nyan said:
And how about a situation where your cat gets hurt, breaks it's leg and the doctor says he can't jump down from anywhere? You are there with him 24/7 to make sure he doesn't hurt himself or you put him in a big cage for the time being?

I already addressed the caution of danger.

crestofhonesty said:
Why seek out more ethical ways of preventing very small dogs and cats, and others animals, from getting into dangerous harm, when we can fucking lock them up in a cage all day, or for a decent amount of time.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 9:21 AM
Mar 28, 2015 9:17 AM

Aug 2014
Not really, maybe sprinkle water on them or give them a tap.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 28, 2015 9:20 AM

Aug 2014
Hissing also works

Mar 28, 2015 9:22 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:
And don't come with this "find another solution", because there is no another solution.

How is there "not other solution"? Explain.

Saki-nyan said:
Nobody has the time to stay with kittens 24/7, and not because I don't give a damn about them. Are you with your animal(s) 24/7? No. Then what makes you think they are not lonely all alone in a house?

I never implied they couldn't get lonely. In fact, that is more or less my point. They get lonely, sad, and on top of that they are stuck in a cage. How is that right?

That just seems horrible. But I guess you can't seem to emphasis with that.

Saki-nyan said:

I already addressed the caution of danger.

crestofhonesty said:
Why seek out more ethical ways of preventing very small dogs and cats, and others animals, from getting into dangerous harm, when we can fucking lock them up in a cage all day, or for a decent amount of time.

1. 90% of people don't have the money to hire someone to take care for animals.
2. I'd rather put my small cat in a cage so she won't get hurt, and of course she would be sad, instead of letting her roam free, where she could easily do harm to herself (in a case where even the smallest thing could cause her harm, like jumping with a broken leg). Not saying I'd keep them in cages when I'm here. And also, in the case where the mother cat decides to abandon her kittens, putting her in a cage with her kittens saves the kittens' lives.
I find it hilarious how you have no problem with the other user's comment who said he would rather let the mother be free and not care about her kittens (which means they die without feeding eventually). So much fucking animal freedom, don't put the mother in a cage cuz she will be sad, it doesn't matter that all of her kittens would die.

3. You need to understand, in a situation where a cat breaks her leg and even the smallest movement (a jump f.e.) can cause horrible pain to her, you can't even hire anyone to take care of her, since the cat can do harm to herself in the smallest amount of time. The caretaker takes a piss, the cat already jumped down and made her leg's situation worse.
Of course, when you are there, you can let the cat roam freely, but when you are sure nobody is around to take care of her, there is no choice but to put her in a cage while she recovers.
Mar 28, 2015 9:27 AM

Aug 2014
Putting a cat in a cage is fine if you are bringing them to a vet's ect. Sometimes physical violence is the most effective way. I'm not talking brutal stuff just nudging the cat off the table when it is after your salmon XD

Mar 28, 2015 9:36 AM

Feb 2012
Chikamtsu said:
There is no need doing anything else because by calling them "pets" you've already did your job as tyrant.

PS: It's as simple as saying hello, if you don't want animals in your house then don't let animals get in (by closing it). Stop shouting and harming animals just because you are angry !

Woah, that's a disturbing argumentation.
Mar 28, 2015 9:36 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:

There are other options besides that. Pet sitters were just one of the other options I proposed viable for some people.

People could try and call a close friend, neighbour, family member to come over and watch the animal(s), why you're out, for free of charge.

Hell, I'm sure you could even negotiate with some compassionate and compromising pet sitters, quite honestly. Though, that is just a far stretch of an idea.

Maybe an simple option could be to shut all the doors in the house. Bathroom door(s), bedrooms, what have you. This can help, or so I say through personal experience, and is what I did at first when leaving my kitty/cat alone for the first time.

I no longer need to do this.

If you are worried about them getting into the kitchen, where sharp knifes and such are about, block it off, maybe, perhaps with one of these things. This could be a viable option, for some.

Again, there are definitely options out there. You just need to seek them out and see which ones are viable for you, that doesn't require putting animals in a cage.

Saki-nyan said:
2. I'd rather put my small cat in a cage so she won't get hurt, and of course she would be sad, instead of letting her roam free, where she could easily do harm to herself (in a case where even the smallest thing could cause her harm, like jumping with a broken leg). Not saying I'd keep them in cages when I'm here. And also, in the case where the mother cat decides to abandon her kittens, putting her in a cage with her kittens saves the kittens' lives.

We're just reiterating points now. Yes, okay, animals can get into harm, dangerous situations. You can I acknowledge it, great.

I personally will never put an animal in cage for any reason, even for reasons for such as preventing them from harm, because they are other ways to prevent them for getting into harm, as stated and shown above.

I don't see what mother and her kittens have anything to do with the specific stated topic at hand. You're just spewing off topic arguments, continuously.

Saki-nyan said:
I find it hilarious how you have no problem with the other user's comment who said he would rather let the mother be free and not care about her kittens (which means they die without feeding eventually). So much fucking animal freedom, don't put the mother in a cage cuz she will be sad, it doesn't matter that all of her kittens would die.

I didn't even notice that comment. You responded to me. So I responded back. It's really that fucking simple.

Saki-nyan said:
3. You need to understand, in a situation where a cat breaks her leg and even the smallest movement (a jump f.e.) can cause horrible pain to her, you can't even hire anyone to take care of her, since the cat can do harm to herself in the smallest amount of time. The caretaker takes a piss, the cat already jumped down and made her leg's situation worse.

Lol, I don't need to understand that, because I already fucking do. Again, I acknowledge (small/tiny) animals can get into harm when left alone. Again, there are ways, other than cages, which cases like these can be prevented, like stated above.

Saki-nyan said:
Of course, when you are there, you can let the cat roam freely, but when you are sure nobody is around to take care of her, there is no choice but to put her in a cage while she recovers.

Nope, definitely other options when one is out than locking them up in a cage. As I've mentioned above.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 9:47 AM
Mar 28, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

There are other options besides that. Pet sitters were just one of the other options I proposed viable for some people.

People could try and call a close friend, neighbour, family member to come over a watch the animals, why you're out, for not.

Just all the doors in the house. Bathroom door, bedrooms, what have you. This can help and is what I did at first when leaving my cat alone for the first time.

I no longer need to do his.

If you are worred about them getting into the kitchen, where a sharp knifes and such are about, block it off, maybe, perhaps with one of these things.

Again, there are options out there. You just need to seek them out and see which ones are viable for you, that doesn't require putting animals in a cage.

Saki-nyan said:

We're just alliterating points now. Yes, okay, animals can get into harms. You can I acknowledge it, great.

I personally will never put an animal in cage for any reason, even for reasons for such as preventing them from harm, because they are other ways to prevent them for getting into harm, as shown above.

I don't see want mother and her kittens have anything to do with what is stated topic at hand. You're just spewing off topic arguments, continuously.

Saki-nyan said:

I didn't even notice that comment. You responded to me. So I responded back. It's really that fucking simple.

Saki-nyan said:

Lol, I don't need to understand that, because I already fucking. Again, I acknowledge animals can get into harm. Again, there are ways other than cages which cases like these can be prevented, like stated above.

Saki-nyan said:

Nope, definitely other options when one is out than locking them up in a cage.

Okay, please actually list your "opinions", where someone can actually be with your animal 24/7, without even leaving the animal (which has a broken leg) alone for half a minute.
Because half a minute is more than enough for an animal to hurt itself.
Mar 28, 2015 9:41 AM

Aug 2014
I feel like there is a retarded argument going on but the posts are too long for me to give a shit

Mar 28, 2015 9:41 AM
Dec 2014
I spank them
Mar 28, 2015 9:42 AM

Aug 2014
My male cat get's injured quite frequently because he is a wuss and the other cats bully him. I like to think he is smart enough not to do things that cause him harm... If any cat is jumping around with a broken paw then natural selection XD

Mar 28, 2015 9:52 AM
Pokémon Master

Apr 2014
I've punished my cats with a spray bottle to get them to stop scratching the door frame but they still don't get the memo. I can't hit them, it makes me too guilty if I do.
Mar 28, 2015 9:53 AM

Oct 2014
black1blade said:
Putting a cat in a cage is fine if you are bringing them to a vet's ect.

That is not a cage as much as it is cat carrier. Cages ≠ cat or dog carriers.
Mar 28, 2015 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
Okay, please actually list your "opinions", where someone can actually be with your animal 24/7, without even leaving the animal (which has a broken leg) alone for half a minute.

Are you really under the impression animals, more so in this instance, cats and dogs, need someone around them protecting them all the time, 24/7?

Animals, specifically cats, are not that dumb or incapable. They are intelligent enough to often fend for themselves.
Mar 28, 2015 9:57 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

Are you really under the impression animals, more so in this instance, cats and dogs, need someone around them protecting them all the time, 24/7?

Animals, specifically cats, are not that dumb or incapable. They are intelligent enough to often fend for themselves.

But not when they are hurt and the smallest things can make their situation worse.
Mar 28, 2015 10:01 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
But not when they are hurt and the smallest things can make their situation worse.

We aren't talking as if they are already hurt. We're talking about the hypothetical situation where they could be hurt or get into dangerous situations.

That said, my kitty/cat is curious as fuck, but she doesn't go hurting herself or anything of the sort. She knows how to navigate safely to what she is curious about.
Mar 28, 2015 10:06 AM

Oct 2007
I tell my cats off by saying "no!" or tapping them on the nose. I tell my hamsters off by blowing on them.
Mar 28, 2015 10:06 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

We aren't talking as if they are already hurt. We're talking about the hypothetical situation where they could be hurt or get into dangerous situations.

That said, my kitty/cat is curious as fuck, but she doesn't go hurting herself or anything of the sort. She knows how to navigate safely to what she is curious about.

But I was talking about a situation where the cat was already hurt. Read back.
Of course, when they are not hurt, I obviously don't worry about my cats running free. But I was extremely cautious when one of my cats was pregnant, I never let her run or jump around like a madman.
One of my cats likes jumping on the curtains. I don't worry about him since he can take care of himself (but let's not talk about how much I like him doing it...) but obviously I would never let a pregnant cat or a cat that just recovered from a leg break do it, and I would try to prevent it from happening.
Mar 28, 2015 10:09 AM

Jun 2014
Saki-nyan said:
So much fucking animal freedom, don't put the mother in a cage cuz she will be sad, it doesn't matter that all of her kittens would die...

I don't understand why you feel the need to generalize the terms I used... I might be the first person I have ever heard use the word freedom THAT WAY...

And you know, you can take care of an animal without taking him for yourself.

Now I'll make myself in a situation where I randomly found a mother cat and her children.

Here's what I would do:

First of all, I would make sure I understand that cats may have feelings, then I would assess the situation because it might not be her children so it would make sense that she doesn't want of them.
Let's say it's her children, I must make sure they are not injured or whatsoever...
If they are it's better to look up on a search engine to find a way to save them if it's possible. If you think it's not possible then you can always contact a veterinary... In Most of case cats die a bit later even if they are saved.
I don't understand anything in surgery, but there's one thing I know, most of doctors/surgeon believe in randomness it says a lot about the way they work.
I'm not saying people/animals should always be saved, but if this guys can't properly explain something without invoking randomness every three minutes he should train himself harder...
I'm not saying I know a lot about animals neither that I am better than you, but we should at least have some values, don't you think ? You know, you're not the first who wants to put animals on cages that's why you should find another way of doing so. At least admit that most of what we are doing is not the best way of doing things, like altering the Biome and the ecosystem by the way with our poor ecology. I don't want to force anyone but I like talking with people and find better ways of doing things that's how I evolved during years. What I love the most is doing the contrary of what the people do, it's like living in a paradox... It's not bad to wonder if what you did was wrong.
ChikamtsuMar 28, 2015 10:17 AM
Mar 28, 2015 10:52 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:

But I was talking about a situation where the cat was already hurt. Read back.

Welp, I wasn't. I also was never under the impression we were.

Saki-nyan said:
Of course, when they are not hurt, I obviously don't worry about my cats running free. But I was extremely cautious when one of my cats was pregnant, I never let her run or jump around like a madman.

Okay, yeah, that's obvious enough.

Saki-nyan said:
One of my cats likes jumping on the curtains. I don't worry about him since he can take care of himself (but let's not talk about how much I like him doing it...)

Welp, like people, and individuals all cats and dogs are different. I'm sure most people wouldn't be the fondest of their cats jumping on the curtains. Just encourage them not do. In time, I'm sure it'll grow old for them, but who knows.

Saki-nyan said:
but obviously I would never let a pregnant cat or a cat that just recovered from a leg break do it, and I would try to prevent it from happening.

Of course, if a cat is pregnant or recovered from another injury, they then, in that instance, need more attention and I as well would prevent it from happening.

But again, it didn't get the impression we were talking about that. I go the impression we were talking about a non-pregnant or injured dog or cat.

So my bad, I suppose.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 10:55 AM
Mar 28, 2015 10:58 AM
Jan 2015
I don't like the word punish. I would not lock them up. I would lecture them and take away their favorite snacks or toy for a while and hope they would learn their lesson.
Mar 28, 2015 3:00 PM

Feb 2015
Every time my cat does something bad I take a little bit of her dry food in front of her eyes. So she stopped doing bad things, just because she don't want for me to take her food, even if it's a little bit. Hahah. :D You can manipulate animals with food!
Mar 28, 2015 3:02 PM
Feb 2014
Animals > People

Just say "No" sternly if they did something wrong. They'll stop from that point onward. Usually works. Locking them up is going to hurt them inside.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

757 by Hitagi__Furude »»
46 minutes ago

» Guys always finish last

MUFFlN - Yesterday

19 by Nette »»
1 hour ago

» Which "Attitudinal Psyche" do you think you are? (very easy 3-question)

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
1 hour ago

» Women live longer than men

MUFFlN - Yesterday

26 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» Cyber Trucks vs NFTs

KittenCuddler - 5 hours ago

5 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.