Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 19, 2014 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
god with all these speculations about whether it is a manga or anime sequel announcement, 11th october seems so far away :(
Sep 19, 2014 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
danae17 said:
god with all these speculations about whether it is a manga or anime sequel announcement, 11th october seems so far away :(

I think I'll go into hibernation for the next three weeks. See ya then.
Sep 19, 2014 10:37 AM

Jun 2013
danae17 said:

If I had to pick one, I would pick manga sequel over second season adaptation any day (unless another studio picks it up).
Sep 19, 2014 10:41 AM

Mar 2014
moonahn said:
danae17 said:

I think I would rather get a manga sequel than a second season adaptation any day (unless another studio picks it up).

Hell yeah that's for sure. But if the anime is adapted correctly and not crammed into 12 shitty episodes, it could be really epic. I would still prefer the manga sequel though, I am dying to know what could happen.
Sep 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Last time I checked the Ishida, the director and two of the VA will also be in the event on october 11.What if the announcement there would be a sequel to the manga AND season 2 of tokyo ghoul?

I would probably die of happiness and then not be able to see either :P
Sep 19, 2014 10:49 AM

Oct 2013
Ishida is just too next level.
He knows we're gonna be shocked now that its over and part 2 hasnt been announced,hes just squeezing every last bit of emotion he can out of his fans by teasing us,giving us extreme entertainment as we will not only be shocked,but also we found ourselves craving a part 2.

Its like BDSM.
Im just kidding about that last part.
Sep 19, 2014 11:43 AM

Mar 2014
FrozenRemains said:
He knows we're gonna be shocked now that its over and part 2 hasnt been announced,hes just squeezing every last bit of emotion he can out of his fans by teasing us,giving us extreme entertainment as we will not only be shocked,but also we found ourselves craving a part 2.

Its like BDSM.

^I don't think he is teasing us, if you check his twitter you will see that he has apologised his fans like more than 3 times about not being able to reveal further info.
Sep 19, 2014 11:59 AM

Aug 2010
If u read between the lines I got the vibes that he's planning something big. I could feel that he's saying there's a sequel and Ken is alive >.<
Sep 19, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
FrozenRemains said:

Its like BDSM.

It probably IS BDSM on the psychological level though.
Sep 19, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
danae17 said:
FrozenRemains said:

Its like BDSM.

^I don't think he is teasing us, if you check his twitter you will see that he has apologised his fans like more than 3 times about not being able to reveal further info.

He may have started with the intent to tease us and then after all the flak he apologised.
Maybe in his mind it would work out,but in reality it didnt because the community is shit and is flaming him hard.
Sep 19, 2014 12:25 PM

Jul 2014
11 october
Sep 19, 2014 12:35 PM

Apr 2010
Arcanix said:
11 october

Don't break my heart like this please.
Sep 19, 2014 12:40 PM

Mar 2014
Arcanix said:
11 october

a nightmare
Sep 19, 2014 6:04 PM
Apr 2014
So guys here's another hint on the Young Jump cover of Kaneki. And it's not the number 7 but something else.

http://tokkiui.tumblr.com/post/97874798646/good-news-i-guess-to-all-the-people-crying-over

This is really a pretty interesting find. Like I would have not thought of that. And it does connect to what Touka mentions at the end of chapter 143.
Sep 20, 2014 4:15 PM

Jun 2012
The author Tweeted about the shitty ending of the manga, some other member posted this on another topic:
http://levi-the-midget.tumblr.com/post/97811575308/trans-ishida-suis-message-about-tokyo-ghoul

Now it only leaves us with speculations until a proper announcement(if there will be one).
Sep 21, 2014 7:21 AM

Jun 2008
Oh man. I wasn't feeling anything when I finished this manga until I woke up at 5 in the morning and that was the only thing I could think about. After reading some posts, I'm now hopeful that there might be a sequel to the manga. I have too many questions that cannot be answered with how the manga ended. Guess time will only tell.
Sep 21, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2010
Dragon-Heart said:
Oh man. I wasn't feeling anything when I finished this manga until I woke up at 5 in the morning and that was the only thing I could think about. After reading some posts, I'm now hopeful that there might be a sequel to the manga. I have too many questions that cannot be answered with how the manga ended. Guess time will only tell.

Welcome, our fellow lost soul.

Well, you can always lurk on tumblr, there are so many 'theories'. But in the end they are fan-theories. . . . This fandom is just. . . crazy o. Yeah.
Sep 23, 2014 2:04 AM

Jul 2013
CNTRI715 said:
Z4k said:
Last time I checked the Ishida, the director and two of the VA will also be in the event on october 11.What if the announcement there would be a sequel to the manga AND season 2 of tokyo ghoul?

I would probably die of happiness and then not be able to see either :P

you know that would probably kill me from excitement
Sep 23, 2014 2:14 AM

Jul 2013
Rueby said:
Dragon-Heart said:

Well, you can always lurk on tumblr, there are so many 'theories'. But in the end they are fan-theories. . . . This fandom is just. . . crazy o. Yeah.

I've been doing that since I finished the manga last week. And I'll read a theories about a sequel and everyone sounding positive about it and I'll be relived but then I'll read a theory sounding just as sure and plausible about suitcase ken and I'll be devastated

It's been a never ending cycle and it's just driving me mad...11 Oct needs to get here...fast...
Sep 23, 2014 7:55 AM

Jun 2014
Rueby said:
Dragon-Heart said:

hehe ... hehe

Sep 25, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2010
MuggleBorn said:
Rueby said:

I've been doing that since I finished the manga last week. And I'll read a theories about a sequel and everyone sounding positive about it and I'll be relived but then I'll read a theory sounding just as sure and plausible about suitcase ken and I'll be devastated

It's been a never ending cycle and it's just driving me mad...11 Oct needs to get here...fast...

I probably need it more than you do. Why is this month so slow to end?! WAKE ME UP WHEN SEPTEMBER ENDS.

Ugh
Sep 25, 2014 6:42 PM

Dec 2012
I just finished it~ My poor mind cannot take it :'(
Rueby said:

http://rutilation.tumblr.com/post/97388115427/and-heres-why-i-think-so-this-assuming-theres

And in case you need hugs, we will provide hugs and free cookies. Together we'll stand.

OUR GROUP-HOPEFUL-HUG WILL SHINE THE LIGHT FOR KANEKI TO COME BACK TO US.

//dramatic effects

Great post tbh
Giving me hopes

moonahn said:
If Kaneki doesn't end up blind then he will definitely need glasses or something.

Maybe that's the reason behind Ishida's "meganeki" drawing

source: Ishida's twitter

Looks like Arima
Sep 26, 2014 1:03 AM

May 2010
Finished reading yesterday and had to pull myself together after the hours of blank thoughts, because you know. Denial.

I came here to update reading process to 143 (which means 144 in here, since 143 is the last chapter right? :A:) and then saw this thread.

I am still in denial and some of the posts here are giving me hope and some are making me want to crawl in a hole and stay there at the same time...

Also, I would very much like to join in to the group hug. ;A;
Sep 26, 2014 12:21 PM

Dec 2013
We'll have a sequel and hopefully Kaneki subeRb regenerative power kept him alive for a future comeback! Faith my friend!
Sep 29, 2014 10:28 PM

Jun 2013
My brain never processed Kaneki's 'death'. Or what else transpired.

I never felt anything when I read the last chapter. Except disappointment that it ended abruptly.

I felt nothing.

For some reason.
Oct 1, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
Arcanix said:
Ishida changed his twitter profile picture again... He used the volume 13 cover for weeks before the volume 13 was released, then he changed to the Touka colored page that we saw in chapter 143. Now it looks like Touka again... hmm oh it's 1 october not 11, back to sleep i guess.

Not really sure if its touka because her hair isn't purple.
Oct 1, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
Z4k said:
Arcanix said:
Ishida changed his twitter profile picture again... He used the volume 13 cover for weeks before the volume 13 was released, then he changed to the Touka colored page that we saw in chapter 143. Now it looks like Touka again... hmm oh it's 1 october not 11, back to sleep i guess.

Not really sure if its touka because her hair isn't purple.

Ye, saw it after i looked again, but didn't bother to edit. Seems like it's either Tsukiyama(probably) or Rize(?).
ArcanixOct 1, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct 1, 2014 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
Totally forgot about rize
Oct 2, 2014 3:34 AM

Dec 2013
Jesus that ending, no, it can't end like this, Kaneki is not dead, after all he's been through,after all WE've been through... now that he finally accepted himself, both dark and light... it can't end like this. What about Rize?! and Tsukiyama?! or Takatsuki Eto or Amon or Touka's brother or Hide?!?!?!?! I won't accept this, just killing my newest favorite character ever in such a gruesome way... I'm so fucking depressed, this is such a tragedy.

That Juuzou development, i almost cried.

That fucking Arima, so fucking op, fuckidy fucking fucker.

If the october 11 announcement is a sequel anime adaptation by Pierrot, i'm gonna kill myself (Yes, i know how superficial i sound, but fuck it, shitty studio is shitty)
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 2, 2014 7:13 AM

Apr 2014
Volume 14 cover

Notice the "...and more..." so could this be a hint of the sequel we've been waiting for or just another huge troll?
Oct 2, 2014 7:34 AM

May 2010
HUG ME.
and 9 days left...
Oct 2, 2014 8:52 AM

Sep 2014
Z4k said:
Volume 14 cover

[/spoiler]

Notice the "...and more..." so could this be a hint of the sequel we've been waiting for or just another huge troll?

Hmmm interesting. They're not going to troll people on the cover of a manga volume that their buying. Online on Twitter is one thing, on the cover of something you're buying as a fan is another. Still, that's not to say it's definitely information about a sequel but it could be.
Oct 2, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2014
Oct 2, 2014 1:36 PM
Jul 2014
when kaneki cried for his mother to live for him in the torture scene with jason, I felt really sad for him. saddest scene ever.

just when he was about to go back to anteiku and enjoy his time with touka, hinami and his new friends..he dies.

it's not his fault..his good nature had no chance in the ghoul world. he fought hard to save those close to him for the right reasons while trying to stop his ghoul side from taking over.

:'(

please don't die kaneki!!!!!
number35Oct 2, 2014 1:49 PM
Oct 7, 2014 10:40 PM

Dec 2011
Oct 13, 2014 7:03 PM
Oct 2014
I feel the same way, i never been so disappointed with any mangas ending . But i've heard that the manga sequel is coming out, it called "re tokyo ghoul" or something. Hope this one will be satisfied
:hug
Oct 20, 2014 3:27 PM

Jan 2012
I'm so upset. I cannot handle this. This is not okay. How can they end this like this? What happened? Did they not want to write it anymore? Did the publishers say time to end it? Why would they drop in that huge twist to leave it?! There was so much more the story could go with but they just ended it? I'm pretty upset right now.

*cries in hug*
Oct 20, 2014 3:30 PM

Jan 2012

Oct 21, 2014 6:19 PM
Oct 2014
I miss kaneki and touka =/
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite girl?

zero00guard - Apr 3

18 by DylP1ckl3n »»
Apr 6, 8:26 PM

» Is there any pedophilia/sexual assault in the books?

Saiunknown - Mar 25

19 by Sturdies »»
Mar 28, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2012

39 by hakuxweeb »»
Mar 26, 8:03 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 58 Discussion

Stark700 - May 19, 2014

19 by angelqie »»
Mar 21, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

20 by SirFries »»
Mar 5, 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.