Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 25, 2009 3:03 PM

Apr 2009
Animation, music and setting was good. Lovely Paris...
But the little americanspeaking girl - what an UGLY voice. It doesn't fit at all. English dub really SUCKS.
The subber I watched kind of sucked too...
Korean seems to be an ugly, beautiful, interesting, and fun language :) I want to learn that sometime.
Oct 25, 2009 3:57 PM

Mar 2009
Animation, art and music is awesome, the prequel is little bit... boring, time to watch the 1st episode of the main series. :D
Oct 25, 2009 5:51 PM
Jul 2009
KeroroGunsou said:
Animation, music and setting was good. Lovely Paris...
But the little americanspeaking girl - what an UGLY voice. It doesn't fit at all. English dub really SUCKS.
The subber I watched kind of sucked too...
Korean seems to be an ugly, beautiful, interesting, and fun language :) I want to learn that sometime.

There's only one group, SFW, who released it. Are you talking about our subs?
Oct 26, 2009 4:32 PM
May 2007
as a fan of the drama, i think it's cool we get to see what joon sang and yujin were doing during the 3 years they were apart. fans in japan actually demanded that they get the two main leads to do the roles again, and they had to go through some legal obstacles to use bae yong joon's likeliness for the anime. bae yong joon said yes, but his agents and lawyers had to also approve of some stuff.
Oct 27, 2009 8:55 PM
Oct 2009
Hmm, late autumn weather in NYC in....

July? Okay....

And traffic in France drives on the right, not the left.
Oct 28, 2009 10:09 PM

Oct 2007
the little american girl in "central park" scared the living shit out of me.

other than I was highly disappointed at how utterly uninteresting the entire episode was, especially since this was my most anticipated show of the season. I'm hoping this won't turn into another kgne which I hated. Only the first so i'm still in but for now i'm getting my drama romance fix from todoke.

also why would mal have this as a separate entry in the database... Seems kinda of pointless to me.
so_addictiveOct 28, 2009 10:13 PM
Oct 30, 2009 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
The art is splendid. Almost everything are so detailed. Sound and animation are top notch. Impressive. I yawn in the middle of the story though. I am not sure if they should have released this before the actual series. Well, most KDrama has that order. I am not sure what to think about this one now. I actually watch ep 1 first and found out that ep 00 was released first.
Nov 2, 2009 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
KeroroGunsou said:

Wtf is your issue? It was in New York and the last time I checked New York was in an English speaking country called the USA. You expect a little New Yorker girl to speak what? Japanese? and I bet her voice actor was Korean too since Koreans are definitely better at learning English than the Japs are. Unless you prefer engrish, effing weeaboos.
NewheightsNov 2, 2009 3:32 PM

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Nov 2, 2009 7:10 PM

Oct 2008
I loved the scenery and all, the backgrounds/animations were beautiful but...

I was like "where's the plot?..." I mean, there was hardly any dialogue, and somewhat repetitive with sudden/random-ish changes of scenery. (although, I'll mention again, that they were gorgeous and would make awesome screensavers..) I could pretty much make a few good guesses out of the plot I suppose, but I almost fell asleep..
Nov 4, 2009 2:31 PM

Oct 2008

Animation..

Character designs..

And this was delayed a couple of days too?

On a side note.. Not sure why the screenshot turned out the way it did. Apparently, I set my psp output to 4:3 from 16:9, then set the video to original and it looks like that.. The quality of the video and overall psp display is very high but the screen resolution is reduced significantly.
Kira01Nov 4, 2009 2:39 PM
Nov 24, 2009 6:04 PM

Jun 2009
neow_neow said:
traen said:
Wasabi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So this is a prologue of sorts to the actual show. I'm assuming the guy moved to NYC to see a better doctor for his illness while the girl is in Paris for... something. The question does come up as to why she didn't go to NYC even after she had bought a ticket. It had some overall nice production values. Hopefully the show itself can keep it up.

Yeah, uh.. All will make sense later. It's kind of a chopped up epilogue, with the real ending ~15 minutes snipped off.

Yeah, that's right. I actually watched the drama. And this is the "after story" of Winter Sonata. So basically what happens in the ending.

So this is basically the ending?! Dunno why they named it episode 0... Oh well theres nothing to do about it now... OMW to watch episode 1 ;P
Dec 14, 2009 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
I thought it was ok, a little boring, but I'll still give the series a watch.
Visuals and music were beautiful. Even if I end up not liking the series I'll probably end up buying the ost someday if I can find it.

Jan 17, 2010 1:27 AM

Dec 2009
I thought most of the background art--the cityscapes, scenery and whatnot--were quite lovely. However, I feel like I was rather underwhelmed by pretty much everything else...(But maybe my expectations were just really high?)
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Mar 29, 2014 5:30 AM
Sep 2008
24 minutes just flew by: maybe because I wasn't expecting anything special and got something very good. The flow of the story felt realistic and the silent moments were great. I especially loved the scenes from Paris, watching them made me want to go there.

It was actually funny to watch anime in Korean (there are many similar words like "yakusoku" or "unmei"), but reading the subs in Japanese was tough. Anyway it's always good to see (hear) something different once in a while.
Jun 15, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2012
Oh shit I shouldn't have watched this without watching the main series first... Now I know what to expect.

It's sappy and sad. That's it. Overkill and nothing else. 6/10

Korean seiyuu hard to get used to.

Time for main series.
Jun 7, 2017 1:35 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Kinda weird watching "anime" with korean voice actors, but it's not something to complain about. At least the dubbing was decent.

Anyways, this is pretty sad. xD Idk if I can watch the whole series without crying. So annoyingly painful to have everything remind you of your loved one that you're separated from. 7/10
Jul 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
Mayuka said:
Oh shit I shouldn't have watched this without watching the main series first... Now I know what to expect.

It's sappy and sad. That's it. Overkill and nothing else. 6/10

Korean seiyuu hard to get used to.

Time for main series.
So, since I didn't watch the series after my 2016 post, I rewatched it again.

It's way too repetitive LOL
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.