Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2014
Grylis1628 said:
Does anyone know who Kanbaru actually sent the text to? A lot of people were saying Koyomi but the way they worded it seemed as if they were guessing.

I actually thought it was Senjougahara since it's her crush, but there is a lot of doubt since she isn't so much into kinky stuff. Koyomi is the most probable person, but it could of course have an ambiguous interpretation.
Jun 1, 2021 12:58 PM

Feb 2020
Interesting start. What particularly surprises me is how different Kanbaru is here. We know her as this hyper, playful little pervert, and here she is pretyy nuch the opposite. I wonder if something happened that we still don't know about.
Another intriguing thing : Ougi is a guy now. I'm lost. I guess I'm gonna get an explanation at some point but for now, I'm lost.
About the new girl, I I like her. She seems to be an interesting character and I like her personality. I wonder what they will do with her other than telling us she is this "demon" and listens to other people's problems in order to feel less miserable.
Finally, the fact that this is happening after Araragi's, Senjougahara's and Hanekawa's graduation surprised me at first. I know Monogatari's chronological order is all over the place but I really wonder why it is necessary to watch this season so soon. (I'm watching it after Mayoi Jiangshi)
Sep 28, 2021 7:09 AM

Aug 2015
Ougi keeps confusing me every time she appears.

By far the most mysterious character in Monotagari.
Oct 13, 2021 10:00 AM
Aug 2021
That was a pretty good first episode. I kinda feel bad for Kanbaru, something snaps in her each time someone calls her an idiot for her mom kept reprimanding her like that.

So this arc takes place after Araragi's graduation and we're introduced to Kambaru's "nemesis", Nomachi Roula who pretends to be a "Devil Lord" and listens to the problems of Naoetsu highschoolers. But she does it only to fulfill her ego, as she can think that those student's lives are worse than hers. Wonder how she got crippled like that. Kanbaru's left hand is back to normal all of a sudden?

That boob grab was very random. Oh and Ougi's a dude in this arc.
-Facktack-Oct 13, 2021 10:05 AM
Apr 30, 2022 3:09 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
So if I'm not mistaken, chronologically this is the last entry that you'd watch in the anime series, even after Zoku Owarimonogatari. However it feels weird to leave this for last when it aired back in 2014, less than a year after Monogatari Series: Second Season aired. So yeah I'm going to be watching this now, right after Owarimonogatari S2, then will watch the Kizumonogatari movies (prequels ik, but with the apparent changes to the style of animation I think it would benefit to watch that within the airing order), and leave Zoku for last. I need more Kanbaru right now anyways.

So far, looks to be quite interesting as always.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 29, 2022 4:59 PM
May 2020
a kanbaru for used anime. meeting an old rival with a rather "unique" hobby. looks like her arm all good now tho
Oct 8, 2022 2:04 PM
Apr 2022
interessante o plot introduzido e as reflexões com a Numachi. Veremos no que isso vai dar. O final do episódio é surpreendente.
Oct 24, 2023 9:36 PM

May 2021
Interesting that this is chronologically the last arc to take place. Kanbaru says she can't see Araragi and Senjougahara but they should be in the same city, right? Maybe I can have a glimpse into their future from this series.

Ougi's deal seems similar to Najimi's. Can be whatever gender they wish at any point in time.

Dec 4, 2023 8:10 AM

Nov 2023
This anime season feels really weird, as if something is missing
Mar 28, 5:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Not long after finishing Second Season I am now here at Hanamonogarari, I knew it was Kanbaru focused giving the key visual, and it turns out it’s also after the end of Second Season, beyond Araragi and Senjougahara graduating, so I guess this means we never will find out what happened during Tsubasa Tiger in regards to where Araragi or Kanbaru was lol. This story seems really interesting so far tho, with an old rival, or should I say arch-nemesis, Numachi from Kanbaru’s basketball days playing the role of a devil who simply listens to problems or points then to the proper authorities, she doesn’t do anything else. And her logic behind it being that it helps people as time heals wounds has a lot of truth to it, despite the fact she’s doing it for herself and not out of the kindness in her heart lol.

And I gotta say that whole discussion was very cool looking with the different visuals, the excavators were kinda random but I liked it lol. And despite the fact Kanbaru didn’t tell Numachi any problems she had, she woke up with her monkey arm back to normal, this would usually be a good thing but giving the circumstances something absolutely isn’t right, I’m definitely intrigued by this and look forward to the rest of this. Some other things to note, first is Ougi dressing and identifying as a male, yeah idk what to think of him/her anymore lol, I just know shit ain’t right. Also Karen grew her ponytail back, I’m glad they realized the error of their ways and fixed her design lol. And lastly I really love the OP and ED for this, cool visuals as always and great songs, possibly favorites of mine for the series so far.
Apr 18, 3:31 PM

Jul 2016
Most anticlimactic boob-grab moment ever. Even for "Monogatari" standards.

And people saying Araragi doing "things" with Karen was only a Nisemonogatari thing...
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

290 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 24, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mills - Aug 16, 2014

74 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 20, 3:51 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

57 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Hanamonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

112 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 28, 6:20 PM

» Is this really the true watch order?

Patefes - Jul 16, 2022

14 by INSANELYWP »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.