Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 21, 2009 11:50 AM
Mar 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

In this episode, Eva-Beatrice continues to slaughter the rest of the Ushiromiya family with her magical bunny friends. Another good job by DEEN to say the least.
Oct 21, 2009 12:17 PM

Jun 2007
And now people see how broken the Siestas are.
Oct 21, 2009 12:32 PM
Dec 2008
they got the george/shannon reunion spot on.
DEEN is on a roll...which means that some episode coming soon is going to suck...
Oct 21, 2009 1:28 PM
Mar 2009
^Lol

mikeycp said:
they got the george/shannon reunion spot on.
DEEN is on a roll...which means that some episode coming soon is going to suck...

Yeah, I was quite satisfied how they did that scene. Overall, this was a very good episode. I'm still wondering how they're gonna handle the last episode of this arc though.
Oct 21, 2009 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
Next week is what I care about. This episode was simply something that helps pass the time.
Oct 21, 2009 2:09 PM

Jan 2009
Missed the threads, where did the episode end? To see how much is left to the (supposedly) last one for EP3.
Oct 21, 2009 2:26 PM
Mar 2009
The episode ended on Nanjo's death.
Oct 21, 2009 2:48 PM

Jun 2008
Hooray for shark teeth

Natsuhi was so cute in this episode but I laughed at the strangling part. They looked so funny.

I think the George/Shannon scene is the first scene that I thought was more emotional in the anime than in the VN

I love the way Jessica screams for some reason. And I liked how Nanjo walks out of the room and Eva-Beatrice is right there.

Why doesn't anyone ever drink Ronove's tea?

One suspicious thing I noticed that I don't remember from the VN is
Oct 21, 2009 2:59 PM
Mar 2009
hirahira said:

Oct 21, 2009 3:42 PM

Jun 2007
hirahira said:
Hooray for shark teeth

Natsuhi was so cute in this episode but I laughed at the strangling part. They looked so funny.

I think the George/Shannon scene is the first scene that I thought was more emotional in the anime than in the VN

I love the way Jessica screams for some reason. And I liked how Nanjo walks out of the room and Eva-Beatrice is right there.

Why doesn't anyone ever drink Ronove's tea?

The tea is spiked.
Oct 21, 2009 8:02 PM

Oct 2009
I was really surprised during this episode of Beatrice having tears when she was talkng with Battler. Really surprised that it made me think Beatrice might be changing for the better. Krauss and Natsuhi's death was surprising because I though siestas sisters were only able to pierce people not strangle them. The worst came in the half episode. How could Eva Beatrice kill Shannon and George when they got reunited after Beatrice healed Shannon? First time I got very very very angry in anime. I refuse that scene and now Eva Beatrice got me really wanting to erase her for good. Also surprising was Eva blinding Jessica with that gun shot. I really hope Eva Beatrice is no more and soon!
This is the part that made me angry. At first I tear up a little for the great reunion only to get so angry after because of what happens.
Another thing is wondering if this is Battler's sister?
francismeunierOct 21, 2009 8:11 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 21, 2009 8:05 PM

Jun 2007
Don't hate the Siestas.

They're just following orders. Nyeh
Oct 21, 2009 8:10 PM

Oct 2009
MarthX said:
Don't hate the Siestas.

They're just following orders. Nyeh

Yeah ok but that was just cruel. You don't think so? Fine I will take out the hate of the siestas but the pic under spoiler will not forget of its cruelty in anime.

Oct 22, 2009 1:24 AM
Feb 2009
francismeunier said:

Yup.

Oct 22, 2009 1:34 AM

Oct 2009
Elika said:
francismeunier said:

Yup.

Nice! Thanks for clear up. Now if only someone could post youtube stuff of the VN where she appears or where there are clues about her. Will she get rid of Eva Beatrice? You can PM me that answer if you want.

AntiDentite said:

Oh DEEN

Oh dear that was terrible torture!

Oct 22, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2009
No, at this point she hasn't appeared yet. All we know about her is she is Battler's six-year-old half-sister. She is sick so she can't go to Rokkenjima with her family.

@Elika: Please refrain from spoiling stuff like that, even if you put it in SPOILER tag.
TribunusOct 22, 2009 2:04 AM
Oct 22, 2009 2:21 AM

Oct 2009
4saken_762 said:
No, at this point she hasn't appeared yet. All we know about her is she is Battler's six-year-old half-sister. She is sick so she can't go to Rokkenjima with her family.

@Elika: Please refrain from spoiling stuff like that, even if you put it in SPOILER tag.

Ok, damn, wish she would save the day somehow.

Oct 22, 2009 3:40 AM

Jul 2009
it seems like a weird ep...

the death of jessicas parents is more or less predictable, but I was really surprised when george died as well. That really seems to throw off the theories (possible new suspect) from last ep:

2 corpses are found in the garden, both strangled and stabbed by stake. This seems to fit the 2 recent murders. (maybe except how was anyone able to move the 2 corpses from guesthouse(?) to the garden? and without risking being discovered? Nanjo helps?)
but georges death was very weird. theres the magic drawing again which i thought shouldnt show up anymore and locked room in mansion, which by this time isnt really a mystery anymore.
i think no need to consider suicide since door was locked. Base on fact the window, from which george went out, was locked from inside, it is almost safe to say that the murderer came back to the guesthouse after killing george, but then again, if george should be killed by the "extra person in dark" who can draw magic sign like in the first 6 murders, theres absolutely no need for anyone other than those 6 rest-survivors we know to return to guesthouse.

and on top of that confusion, the murder of 2 adults is clearly making Eva herself suspicious, which i thought shouldnt have happened if it was Eva. (she was shown to be one of the most cunning persons there, just like battlers mom...) but I guess this is less vital.

overall, theres signs conflicting with the "new suspect" theory, but also signs suggesting it...and if "new suspect" is eva, question would be, is she really able to murder her own son? (though i doubt it myself, but the stuff with shanon seems to givehints on that~)
ps: and somehow I got the feeling i should be expecting evas death very soon (?)
Oct 22, 2009 3:57 AM

Jul 2009
vinesage said:
but georges death was very weird. theres the magic drawing again which i thought shouldnt show up anymore and locked room in mansion, which by this time isnt really a mystery anymore.

That's the old magic circle drawn in the first twilight, just the numbers are added.
And it's not a closed room, Krauss broke the window to get in when he found Shanon's corpse.
Oct 22, 2009 4:13 AM

Jul 2009
4saken_762 said:
vinesage said:

That's the old magic circle drawn in the first twilight, just the numbers are added.
And it's not a closed room, Krauss broke the window to get in when he found Shanon's corpse.
Now that you mention it, thats true (I totally forgot the circle from 1st twilight lol...)...and when i think of it, nonetheless, i guess theres always the possibility its a suicide and "somebody" found it, added numbers (whatever it should mean). but then why? that "somebody" is a murderer and dont want to draw attention to himself? well, guess need to at least wait for this arc to end to make a better speculation.

edit: after thinking about ita bit more, nothing seems odd anymore, lol~ thanks for reminding about the circle ;-)
vinesageOct 22, 2009 4:25 AM
Oct 22, 2009 4:43 AM

Oct 2009
4saken_762 said:
vinesage said:

BTW what in the world is the meaning of these numbers???? It's bugging me.

Oct 22, 2009 6:53 AM

Jun 2007
I don't know if the episode said it or not, but Battler mentions that his birthday is in it.

His birthday is July 15th.

0715: July 15th
1129: November 29th

Nanjo, Jessica, Battler and Eva can't think of anybody on the island that has a birthday of November 29th.

Whether that's a clue or a red herring, who can say.
Oct 22, 2009 6:59 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, he said it. I hear the word "tanjoubi".
Oct 22, 2009 7:02 AM

Oct 2009
MarthX said:
I don't know if the episode said it or not, but Battler mentions that his birthday is in it.

His birthday is July 15th.

0715: July 15th
1129: November 29th

Nanjo, Jessica, Battler and Eva can't think of anybody on the island that has a birthday of November 29th.

Whether that's a clue or a red herring, who can say.

So the numbers have something with Battler's birthday and November 29th? Maybe it has something with that sister of his. I wonder.

Oct 22, 2009 7:21 AM

Jul 2009
It's just Battler said 15/07 is his birthday, we don't know whether those numbers have anything to do with him.
Oct 22, 2009 9:02 AM

Oct 2009
If I remember correctly, in the VN Battler also rules out his sister's birthday and his mother's (Rudolf's first wife) as being 11/29. I'm still waiting for my sub to download so I don't know if he says that in the anime.
Oct 22, 2009 9:03 AM

Jun 2007
He doesn't. He says "July 15th is my birthday but..."
Oct 22, 2009 9:07 AM

Jul 2009
It's not necessary to state it clearly. Because if it's the birthday of anyone close to him he should recognize it.
Oct 22, 2009 9:40 AM

Sep 2008
well all of it going smoothly but only thing i dont liked in this whole series was Beatos character change...
Oct 22, 2009 10:55 AM
Jul 2008
Good episode, I like Beato much more now!
Oct 22, 2009 11:29 AM

Jul 2008
Really nice episode, I liked it :----))) Shannon x George moment was so beautiful and touching, though it didn't end so well ;___;

Oct 22, 2009 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
It's getting more and more confusing for me... I don't really understand a thing anymore.
Standing for Truth. Standing for Justice. Standing Around.
Oct 22, 2009 11:37 AM

Aug 2008
Six Milllion Dollar Man sound effects aside, this was another blah episode.

I think that Nanjo was talking about how "splitting up is suicide," then leaving a blind girl by herself is very suspect. Then we hear something about a granddaughter, and that really leaves me to believe he is being manipulated for the sake of money to get the right facilites for her.

We're also told about Battler's little sister, which is just dumb. Very random that he would mention her now for no reason as opposed to all of the other games, or why Kyrie wouldn't have mentioned her last week.

Shannon's resurrection is also quite inane, and seemingly only existed to underscore the thought (set by Jessica however many episodes ago) that no matter how hard you believe in something, anything is possible. The way George was acting, he is the biggest candidate for not even needing to have been murdered. He probably offed himself.

This character turn for Beatrice is beyond stupid. Witches are supposed to help people, but isn't Beatrice's power just to kill endlessly? Don't really see how that helps people. Since the beginning of this arc, I feel like there have been a lot of weaknesses springing up in the show that leave me very underwhelmed and not really all that entertained. At this point, I'm starting to cast aside my thought that the show is deep enough that all of the boards are different metaphors for the same murders, and that each game has different killers. I've almost given up on the notion of this show being intelligent in any way.
Oct 22, 2009 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
Tarrasji said:
Good episode, I like Beato much more now!
This!

And Eva-Beatrice is so annoying....>___<"""
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Oct 22, 2009 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. I miss the old psychotic Beato though. But she's pretty cool this way too. I just don't get why she changed so much in... 1 episode. .____.

And, LOL, when Jessica's parents were killed, I actually lol'd.
Oct 22, 2009 12:06 PM

May 2008
Liked this episode a lot! I think Beato's personality change is occuring a little too fast, but it probably can't be helped. As some other people have pointed out, for those trying to figure out who is/are the killer(s) with George it can easliy be deduced to suicide. And didn't Battler's sister in the opening look older than 6 1/2 years old?
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Oct 22, 2009 12:11 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
Six Milllion Dollar Man sound effects aside, this was another blah episode.

I think that Nanjo was talking about how "splitting up is suicide," then leaving a blind girl by herself is very suspect. Then we hear something about a granddaughter, and that really leaves me to believe he is being manipulated for the sake of money to get the right facilites for her.

We're also told about Battler's little sister, which is just dumb. Very random that he would mention her now for no reason as opposed to all of the other games, or why Kyrie wouldn't have mentioned her last week.

Shannon's resurrection is also quite inane, and seemingly only existed to underscore the thought (set by Jessica however many episodes ago) that no matter how hard you believe in something, anything is possible. The way George was acting, he is the biggest candidate for not even needing to have been murdered. He probably offed himself.

This character turn for Beatrice is beyond stupid. Witches are supposed to help people, but isn't Beatrice's power just to kill endlessly? Don't really see how that helps people. Since the beginning of this arc, I feel like there have been a lot of weaknesses springing up in the show that leave me very underwhelmed and not really all that entertained. At this point, I'm starting to cast aside my thought that the show is deep enough that all of the boards are different metaphors for the same murders, and that each game has different killers. I've almost given up on the notion of this show being intelligent in any way.

The VN mentions Ange as early as the beginning of the first arc before they even arrive on the island. Eva asks Kyrie if little Ange is still stick. And Kyrie was supposed to mention her last episode.
Oct 22, 2009 12:20 PM

Mar 2008
Am I still supposed to look at Beatrice as not borderline retarded? 'Cause I can't.
Oct 22, 2009 12:49 PM

Jul 2009
mangastar said:
As some other people have pointed out, for those trying to figure out who is/are the killer(s) with George it can easliy be deduced to suicide.
would you delight me how it is possible to deduce georges death to suicide? and even easily?
I see nothing pointing out to a suicide: window closed from inside; numbers painted on the door; fatal wound is possibly gunshot in belly with very possibly no gun lying around. and i see absolutely no reason to shoot yourself in the belly (not head anyway) to suicide, unless he wants a very very painful death of course, lol~
Nothing i can see is pointing out its a suicide...

and in case you were referring to me in your post, I was only pointing out theres that very slim possibility it can be suicide and it shouldnt be taken out of consideration even though i see no base for it, and was only highlighting it because thats what the instinct said~(well, theres actually some very small hints, but i wouldnt use it as base :-) )
vinesageOct 22, 2009 12:53 PM
Oct 22, 2009 12:56 PM

Jun 2008
I wonder if the coffee is important somehow since they kept mentioning it. And I wonder why Krauss and Natsuhi are outside and what was George really doing with Shannon's body? ...maybe I don't want to know the answer to that.

noteDhero said:

Very random that he would mention her now for no reason

In the VN, the reason why he mentioned her at that point was because he was saying that the the 1129 isn't his parents or Ange's birthday.
Oct 22, 2009 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
@vinesage
Why does it have to be a gunshot to the stomach? Couldn't it have been a stab or some other object used to impale? I think the biggest indicator is his mindset throughout the episode, and if in fact all the games are bound together, the severity of his reactions, and his general detached nature after his parents/Shannon's deaths. This episode shone more light on his demeanor and how these murders have affected him.
Oct 22, 2009 1:08 PM

Jul 2009
well, of course you can alway cut open your belly and let all your intestines run wild on the floor. xD in fact, i know the samurais have done this and its painful. anyway, i am not saying its not possible, i was just a bit curios how others came to that conclusion~ :-)
Oct 22, 2009 1:21 PM

Aug 2008
Who said George gutted himself? In this episode he's lying flat on his stomach. You must be talking about one of his previous deaths. At any rate, it's very possible that George commits suicide, and the killer fixes his body to fit the epitaph.
Oct 22, 2009 1:31 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't get one part. Shannon died as sacrifice twice...should there be something messed up in the epitaph now?

Well, George and Shannon's reunion then death was anticlimactic. Damn Eva-Beatrice giving them just one minute. I'm starting to hate the little witch now. On the other hand, I'm liking Beatrice even more now, she's adorable.
Oct 22, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
I really thought Beatrice was gonna kill George instead of reviving Shannon... This character change.. It's annoying, suddenly she's being all nice. Last episode it made sense having her care about Battler's opinion, but now it's too much. I know it's a VN adaptation but still, that beginning of the episode =/

About deaths... Eva is kind of suspicious, but with George dead. Unless he wrote the numbers and then killed himself following the epitaph just cause then his death would be kind of similar to Shannon... But then there's the thing that Ronove didn't said Maria and Rosa were dead.
Maybe Eva and Rosa could have been working together?
Oct 22, 2009 1:45 PM

Jun 2007
Ronove said Rosa and Maria were killed by other people.
Oct 22, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
darkninja_loki said:
I didn't get one part. Shannon died as sacrifice twice...should there be something messed up in the epitaph now?

Wasnt the result so far;
First Twilight: Shannon, Kanon, Genji, Kumasawa, Gohda, Kinzo
Second Twilight: Maria, Rosa
Third Twilight: Praise the name seems left out after ep1...
Fourth Twighlight through Eighth Twilight: Kirie, Rudolf, Hidiyoshi, Krauss, Natsuhi
Ninth Twilight: The witch shall be revived and none shall be left alive

Shannon wasnt a sacrifice, just couldn't be left alive :p

On another note, I love how the next episode can be completly spoiled in 5 words.
Seriously dont click spoiler unless u've read the VN
Oct 22, 2009 1:50 PM

Aug 2008
@Marth
So that's exacty what he said? I brought this up last week, and most people just relegated that to a translation decision on gg's part. Either way, I'm holding true to it.
Oct 22, 2009 2:01 PM
Sep 2008
Yes, it's exactly what he said. The VN translation and the wiki says the same.

Soo, uhh, why was Beatrice saying all of that, with Battler and Virgilia right there, nyeh?

Anyway, next episode is going to be the end, or is going to be the one after? Going through large amounts of text in Umineko, and you forget exactly how long the events are.
Oct 22, 2009 2:04 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
@Marth
So that's exacty what he said? I brought this up last week, and most people just relegated that to a translation decision on gg's part. Either way, I'm holding true to it.

Witch's Hunt translation has that line along with a couple of others.

Rosa and Maria died

The cause of death was as Nanjo diagnosed
(The diagnosis for Maria and Rosa were bare handed strangling and a stab to the medulla oblongata with the pointed gate of the fence, respectively.)

Rosa and Maria were killed by other people
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.