Forum Settings
Forums

Need recommendation with 3 types of anime (op mc, mecha and gore/psychological)

New
Jul 23, 2014 11:01 PM

Apr 2011
Im looking 3 types of anime:

- First of all im looking an anime with a badass op mc, male if possible. I dont care the settings, as long as the male main char is op and he knows it. I've seen hagure yuusha, hellsing, trigun, trinity blood, mondaiji, heroic age, needless among others. Any suggestion and idea is welcomed. It can be an old anime, new one, school based, mecha, future, past, etc... as long as it has an op mc and it is complete (meaning not airing atm) all works.

- Then im looking for a mecha anime. It can be strictly mecha or with mecha not being the main topic. Same as before, can be old, new, school, future, past, etc as long as it has mechas. All the classic ones i have already seen them (macross, robotech, evangelion, etc)... also i've watched valvrave, robotic notes, nobunaga the fool, fafner, broken blade, suisei no gargantia, kurogane no linebarrels, asura cryin among others.

- And last im looking for an anime gore/gorish where either the mc or the antagonist is severely emotionally disturbed and is sadistic. Either enjoying killing, or making someone suffer psychologically, etc. It can be a good mc that just likes to kill, or a bad mc working for someone good, it doesnt matter... as long as it has a decent amount of violence and blood and "disturbed" chars works. I have seen mirai nikki, hellsing (alucard enjoying fighting and killing), higurashi, danganronpa (the "bear"), fate zero (kiritsugu at first as appears to be a cold blood strategic murder), etc.

- Bonus search: A magic/alchemy/powers style fighting anime. Something like fate, or kaze no, fullmetal, etc. It doesnt needs to be JUST fighting... but having a lot of confrontations between the mc and the rest. For example, code geass has "power" fights... even zero no tsukaima has the magic fights... it doesnt matter the setting, as long as its "supernatural" and with a nice amount of action. It can have romance, mystery, etc.

In every search the anime has to be complete (meaning it has been completly aired). It doesnt matter if it has only 1 season and it didnt finished or if it has 5123 seasons.... or if it has been aired in 1990 or 2013 (although i would rather preffer something new)... as long as they have the main topic im looking for works for me. It could also have two or the three things im looking for in one anime. For example valvrave has the mecha and the gore/psycology part.... or hellsing the op and gore...

And please, if it is possible, NO ECCHI... or at least not something like seikon no qwaser. If no ecchi is not possible, the few the better.

I have watched A LOT of animes in the last couple of years so i wont be posting a list with all the ones that i have already watched; so if you know of any anime that fits one of this searchs, the recommendation is more than welcomed.
I will be "updating" with a list of the suggestions that you make so they dont keep appearing and it helps both in having a clean thread and also if someone is looking for this type of things (easier to see).

Thank you all for your time and for any recommendation or idea you might have

EDIT

Recommendations:

Op Mc
The Legend Of The Legendary Heroes => Seen, great anime
SAO => Seen, excellent
Campione => Seen... not so good as the others but was a nice show
Black Lagooni => In my "to watch" list
One Outsi => In my "to watch" list
Berserk (TV)i => In my "to watch" list

Mecha
Gurren Lagann => Seen everything that can be seen (movie, anime, etc xD)
Eureka Seven => Started but placed "on hold" after 2-3 eps of the first season, will resume later
Aquarion Evol => Is in my "to watch" list... but i feel the need to see first genesis of aquarion (and when i tried to watch it something somewhere didnt feel right and was placed "on hold")
Rahxephon => I've read the synopsis a lot of times, always say "i have to watch it" but then dont know why i always postpone and place it in the "on hold"... will look at this
Getter Robo: Armageddon => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Giant Robo the animation OAV => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Gunbuster => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Gasaraki => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Flag => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Patlabo => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Full Metal Panic => Seen, great anime

Gore/Violence:
Violence Jack => Will look into this, thanks
Shigurui => Will look into this, thanks
Mouryou no Hako => Will look into this, thanks
Gantz => I had it on my pending list and i totally forgot about it

Bonus search
Magi => In my "to watch" list.
Tokyo Ravens => Seen, great anime

Kara no Kyoukai => I didnt knew about this, will look at this as it seems quite interesting (and with a lot of films). I love the fact that is an alternate universe of Fate night and Tsukihime.
DemutAug 1, 2014 9:43 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 23, 2014 11:09 PM

Nov 2013
Op Mc
The Legend Of The Legendary Heroes
SAO
Campione

Mecha
Gurren Lagann
Eureka Seven
Aquarion Evol

Bonus search
Magi
Tokyo Ravens

Jul 24, 2014 2:49 AM

Jan 2009
1- Black Lagoon, One Outs, Berserk (TV)
2- Super Robot genre : Gurren Lagann, Rahxephon, Getter Robo: Armageddon, Giant Robo the animation OAV, Gunbuster
Real Robot : Gasaraki, Flag, Patlabor, Full Metal Panic
3- Violence Jack, Shigurui, Mouryou no Hako
Jul 24, 2014 3:13 AM

Apr 2014
How about the Kara no Kyoukai movies?

Although I know it isn't for everyone.

Jul 24, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2011
Thanks for all the recommendations... tonight i'll start looking at this animes and see if i find the next "candidate" xD.

More recommendations are welcomed.
Jul 24, 2014 9:31 AM

Jun 2010
Gantz? Tsukihime?

and Monster, though it''s more psychological than gore, the antagonist is pretty fucked up.
Jul 24, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
Neon Genesis Evangelion covers 2.5 (overpowered MC but a whiny bitch instead of a badass) criteria in one anime and it's a classic for a reason. Well, Shinji is not a badass by any sort however he does become overpowered eventually.
Jul 24, 2014 10:10 AM

May 2011
You haven't seen FLCL? That's almost a crime.
I also want to recommend Gundam Unicorn, Bokurano and Escaflowne for your mecha picks.
Jul 24, 2014 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
I'm not entirely sure of what you've watched and haven't watched, so I apologize in advance for any stupid recs.

Hamatora the Animation
Log Horizon
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Darker Than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
Baccano!
Jul 24, 2014 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
i strongly rec Toaru Majutsu no Index

Minus the mecha, which it has in a few places, it ticks all the boxes. The main character isn't quite a typically OP mc,

but its a nice twist on it
Aug 1, 2014 9:51 PM

Apr 2011
Thanks to all those who recommended animes.

I will start watching the mecha anime... but i would like something "newer" (2005 till now aprox). Genesis Evangelion i will watch it later because when i start i want to watch everything (movies, etc).

So if you know of a mecha anime from the 2005 till now (finished airing) that was not mentioned in the list, it will be much appreciated ^^
Aug 1, 2014 10:03 PM

Jun 2014
Full metal panic! -op mc + mecha
Aug 1, 2014 10:19 PM

Jul 2012
>Bonus search: A magic/alchemy/powers style fighting anime.
Hamatora
K

>Mecha
Sidonia no Kishi

>anime gore/gorish
Psycho Pass
Monster
Tokyo Ghoul
BTOOOM
Aug 1, 2014 10:24 PM

Jul 2014
Gore/Psychological: Shiki if you haven't seen it is a great show. Takes a while to get started but it is well worth it
Aug 1, 2014 10:34 PM

Mar 2014
- Medaka Box (Season's one and two)
- No Game No Life (Based more on intellectual power/ no physical power)
- Chrome Shelled Regios
- Demon King Daimao (Iffy/ 4 out of 10)
- Kyoukai no Kanata (Strong main character, but more based on romance than power)
Aug 2, 2014 1:24 AM

Mar 2014
OP MC:
SAO
Mondaiji
Code Geass
Log Horizon
Black Bullet? Maybee?

Mecha:
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Buddy Complex
Valvrave S1 & S2
Majestic Prince

Bonus:
Mahouka Koukou seems to fit ur description, however it is still airing 17/26 i believe.
Aug 2, 2014 8:33 AM

Apr 2011
Full metal panic! => seen it
K => seen it
Sidonia no Kishi => the animation of this anime didnt quite "attracted" me. Is like im watching the anime in "slowmo" (maybe it was me... i'll give it a try later)
Psycho Pass => seen
Monster => in my list... has been suggested by some so i definitely will give it a look when i have time (74 eps is quite a lot)
Tokyo Ghoul => watching right now
BTOOOM => seen
Shiki => already watched it. great anime
Medaka Box (Season's one and two) => i watched the first 2 eps but somehow i didnt continued.... will get back to it later because i've read some good reviews about it.
No Game No Life => seen it, great anime
Chrome Shelled Regios => seen it, great anime
Demon King Daimao => seen it, i really liked it (regarding the ecchi)
Kyoukai no Kanata => seen it, great anime
SAO => done. Watching sao2 atm
Mondaiji => seen it
Code Geass => this was a must, i've watched everything from this
Log Horizon => seen it... looking forward to season 2
Black Bullet => i think i had it somewhere on the list... if not i'll give it a try
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Valvrave S1 & S2 => seen it, it was great
Majestic Prince => i dropped it after the 2nd episode, dont remember why though... i'll give it a second try.
Mahouka Koukou => watching at the moment

Buddy Complex => im gonna watch the first ep to see how it goes
Hamatora => i'll see if i get into this

Thanks for the recommendations. I have some animes to start watching. If you sill want to recommend some more, feel free.
Aug 2, 2014 9:39 AM
Mar 2014
Have you seen Death Note?
Aug 2, 2014 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Demut said:
Full metal panic! => seen it
K => seen it
Sidonia no Kishi => the animation of this anime didnt quite "attracted" me. Is like im watching the anime in "slowmo" (maybe it was me... i'll give it a try later)
Psycho Pass => seen
Monster => in my list... has been suggested by some so i definitely will give it a look when i have time (74 eps is quite a lot)
Tokyo Ghoul => watching right now
BTOOOM => seen
Shiki => already watched it. great anime
Medaka Box (Season's one and two) => i watched the first 2 eps but somehow i didnt continued.... will get back to it later because i've read some good reviews about it.
No Game No Life => seen it, great anime
Chrome Shelled Regios => seen it, great anime
Demon King Daimao => seen it, i really liked it (regarding the ecchi)
Kyoukai no Kanata => seen it, great anime
SAO => done. Watching sao2 atm
Mondaiji => seen it
Code Geass => this was a must, i've watched everything from this
Log Horizon => seen it... looking forward to season 2
Black Bullet => i think i had it somewhere on the list... if not i'll give it a try
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Valvrave S1 & S2 => seen it, it was great
Majestic Prince => i dropped it after the 2nd episode, dont remember why though... i'll give it a second try.
Mahouka Koukou => watching at the moment

Buddy Complex => im gonna watch the first ep to see how it goes
Hamatora => i'll see if i get into this

Thanks for the recommendations. I have some animes to start watching. If you sill want to recommend some more, feel free.

IMO I think Buddy Complex is better than Majestic Prince. Majestic Prince... is kind of slow, you probably dropped it cause the main characters are the fail five
Aug 3, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2011
I have seen death note a while ago ^.^

Tangsta, you were right. Buddy compex was a great show. I just finished it.

Now i guess i'll keep looking for other mecha (bcompllex left me wanting more :P).
Aug 4, 2014 6:12 PM

Mar 2014
Demut said:
I have seen death note a while ago ^.^

Tangsta, you were right. Buddy compex was a great show. I just finished it.

Now i guess i'll keep looking for other mecha (bcompllex left me wanting more :P).

Ahhah. There's Mobile Suit Gundam 00? I recommended it already but u never said if u watched it or not. Or there is also Aldnoah Zero which is airing atm. Its pretty good and MC is really smart.
Sep 27, 2014 10:48 PM

Apr 2011
Will "revive" this thread one more time. Some time has passed since i've created this thread and i've added a lot of "watched" animes to the list... but im wanting more animes that fits in any of those 4 categories so im willing to hear recommendations one more time :D

Thanks in advance for your time.
Sep 27, 2014 11:07 PM

Jun 2014
Full Metal Panic: Second Raid = wow
Full Metal Panic = Not as wow
Sep 27, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2011
Already seen FMP (everything)... i really liked... thanks anyways ^.^
Sep 28, 2014 12:49 AM

Mar 2014
badass/power-fighting
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012)
Hokuto no Ken

gore/disturbing
Himitsu: The Revelation

mech
Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar
Aoki Ryuusei SPT Layzner
Nov 26, 2014 5:55 PM

Apr 2011
Lets "revive" this thread once more...

the search continues the same, but now with more animes added to the "already watched list".

I wont be posting the full list because its quite long.

I higly doubt that i've watched all the mecha, all the gore, all the op mc and all the "magic fighting" animes out there.... but i do know that im decreasing the list of the animes that i havent watched day by day.

So any anime you recommend is more than welcome. If i have already seen it, its ok, i appreciate your time and recommendation.... and if you post one that i havent seen it yet, you have all my gratitude.

Im also searching this animes by myself (google, forums, anime charts, etc)... but there's always the possibility that i've missed something somewhere and you mention it here.

Thanks again to everyone that has already recommended and the ones that might recommend as well.

As soon as i have a "complete" list of all the animes of this categories i've watched i will post them here so if anyone is looking the same thing, it will be easier to find.
Nov 26, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2014
You say you've watched all the classics like Macross & you're open to old school mecha, yet you're saying Giant Robo & Getter Robo Armageddon are too old in the OP, even though they were made in the late 90s.

Don't want to stay in this thread a second longer if you're the type that refuses to watch anything that isn't made in a computer.
Nov 26, 2014 6:17 PM

Sep 2013
Tokyo ghoul
Deadman wonderland
Agree
Nov 26, 2014 6:26 PM

Apr 2011
SightScreen said:
You say you've watched all the classics like Macross & you're open to old school mecha, yet you're saying Giant Robo & Getter Robo Armageddon are too old in the OP, even though they were made in the late 90s.

Don't want to stay in this thread a second longer if you're the type that refuses to watch anything that isn't made in a computer.

If you read a little more you will find this:

".... or if it has been aired in 1990 or 2013 (although i would rather preffer something new)"

Meaning, im open to old and new... but i preffer new rather than old. Also, i've said this:

Getter Robo: Armageddon => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"
Giant Robo the animation OAV => A little too old but i will keep it in my "to watch list"

At that time, i had some other anime in the watch list so i put those in the list too.

I havent said anywhere that i will refuse to watch something that is not made in a computer... i think that eventually i will watch pretty much everything, but i try to "organize" the anime i watch from the one i like/want to watch most and then the others.

Mineralmining: i've seen those two, great ones.
Nov 26, 2014 6:32 PM

Sep 2013
Gurren laggan (That's probably spelt wrong...)

Mecha ^^^

Naruto (He is pretty damn op)
One piece (Same as naruto)
Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Op mc ^^^
Agree
Nov 26, 2014 6:33 PM

Jun 2014
Attack on titan is a different take on the mecha genre, with a main character who sometimes comes off as insane or sadistic, and has lots of blood and gore. Then again,I wouldn't say he's overpowered, if anything he's underpowered.
Code geass fits all of these, but isn't really about action. Action is present, and occasionally things get violent, but it's a mecha with a op protagonist. Those were the only two I could think of that you didn't mention.
I didn't come here to play, I came to win. Now lets play.
Jun 30, 2017 9:11 PM
Jun 2015
for OP main I would reccomend the irregular at magic highschool, it gets pretty funny when some cocky asshole picks a fight with the MC bc of status i'm always like bruh u just fucked up real good. also overlord MC is op af and super bad ass

--> OP MC
Overlord
Irregular at magic high
Feb 2, 2019 5:58 PM
Feb 2019
Mob psycho is good. The Mc is really OP.
Feb 5, 2019 2:05 AM
Nov 2016
OP MC

• Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (Don't let the first couple episodes fool you...he is very powerful)
  • Seiken Tsukai no World Break (Just another one of the cliche shonen)
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index (He has a special ability to cancel magic, I guess that makes him strong?)

Gore/Psychological

• I second BTOOM

Mecha

• Darling in a franx (it is great, tho a lot of people didn't like the ending. Has a strong side genre of romance tho I wouldnt consider it ecchi...no fanservice)

I listed some that I haven't seen on this list so by no means is this all the anime I've watched :3
Sep 17, 2019 7:50 AM
Sep 2019
Maybe Star Driver?
Sep 17, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2014
Thread locked

Please don't revive 5 year old threads, the user hasn't been online since 4 years so I doubt he is still looking for recommendations.
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Anime similar to live-action action movies?

Skuletor - Apr 18

10 by Skuletor »»
14 minutes ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - Apr 25

2 by isseixkoneko »»
28 minutes ago

» Movies

BitChilly - Yesterday

10 by TheSunLife »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for anime like Aria the Animation and Shiroi Suna no Aquatope

AdityaRizkiS - 9 hours ago

4 by Chisuku »»
2 hours ago

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - Apr 25

6 by mo_lave »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.