Forum Settings
Forums

Why does America military supremacy gets ignored in war anime?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2014 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
NightmareFuel567 said:
Japanese people aren't too fond of Americans, I mean look at the amount of stuff that Europe gets, than look at us. Not acknowledging us is only the tip of the iceberg. Well I don't blame them considering how racist this country is to Asian people and how much fun we make of Japan, it wouldn't make sense for them not to have a grudge on us.
We're racist to Asian people?
Jul 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Apr 2011
Awakezzz said:
I actually felt like Code Geass not only recognized US military superiority, but actually poked fun at US worldwide military policy. You know, Team America World Police and all.

Considering in the show that Brittania was a futuristic version of the US who had gone on to control other regions through conquest and praised the idea of individualism, survival of the fittest, and strength through competition which are generally pretty highly valued in American culture.

In Code Geass, Britania is Britain. It worked on the assumption that Declaration of Independence never exist for some reason. And The Colombus' New Land fell under Britain Kingdom for some reason. Just think of it like altered historical event.

NightmareFuel567 said:
Japanese people aren't too fond of Americans, I mean look at the amount of stuff that Europe gets, than look at us. Not acknowledging us is only the tip of the iceberg. Well I don't blame them considering how racist this country is to Asian people and how much fun we make of Japan, it wouldn't make sense for them not to have a grudge on us.

I've lost it
Jul 24, 2014 11:10 PM

Apr 2013
Is it safely to assume that the OP is 'murican?
Because the US achievements are made mostly by foreigners , take that out and you'll have a neanderthals split into 51 states , was it?
Theyr language is english because the british people taught them to speak english....yet they dont know that.
The majority is so stupid that it disgusts me.......really .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 24, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2012
Adair said:
Anime is Japanese.

Japanese is Anime.
Jul 24, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
Because anime is Japan's dream of being relevant.

Japanese master race.
Jul 24, 2014 11:19 PM
Feb 2014
Because Japan don't care about Internet Navy SEALs

Kappa
Jul 24, 2014 11:32 PM

May 2012
Aqua_Mars said:
yhunata said:
I don't know, why do the aliens in American movies only invade America?

Aliens are known to like shitty fast food.

Reminds me of The Dreamcatcher by Stephen King.
Jul 25, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2014
Because they're still mad that we bombed their asses back in WW2.

I'm a highly functioning genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist and please get the salt. P.s. Bow ties are cool!

Jul 25, 2014 2:32 PM
Mar 2011
why do wa crimes of the us or us backed forces get ignored i us movies the corruption in the us Political apparatus get inngored in US movies and media
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jul 25, 2014 2:43 PM

Mar 2013
FGAU1912 said:
why do wa crimes of the us or us backed forces get ignored i us movies the corruption in the us Political apparatus get inngored in US movies and media

Because if they do that, the US military will allow the filmmakers to use their soldiers, uniforms and equipment as props in their film for little to no charge.
Jul 25, 2014 2:44 PM
Mar 2011
fst said:
FGAU1912 said:

Because if they do that, the US military will allow the filmmakers to use their soldiers, uniforms and equipment as props in their film for little to no charge.

its wrong sorry its morally wrong
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jul 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2012
FGAU1912 said:
fst said:

Why does Japan deny and ignore past war crimes that happened in real life? It seems morally wrong.
Jul 25, 2014 2:51 PM

Jun 2014
why does the ilerminady control the world?
Jul 25, 2014 2:53 PM

Mar 2013
FGAU1912 said:
fst said:

I didn't say it wasn't, I'm just saying that's what they do.
Jul 25, 2014 4:57 PM

Apr 2012
fst said:
FGAU1912 said:

You understood that?
Jul 25, 2014 4:59 PM
Mar 2011
Reverb_Shock said:
FGAU1912 said:

Why does Japan deny and ignore past war crimes that happened in real life? It seems morally wrong.

we said sorry many times you have not

The us also ignore that stuff that they hae done or what people thye backed have done

Jul 25, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2012
FGAU1912 said:
Japn mister race. Wii nevr od thing wong.
Jul 25, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2013
SamuelLJackson said:
fst said:

You understood that?

I know, scary right?
Jul 25, 2014 10:27 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
Guernsey said:
This question got asked in another forum but why is it that in modern war anime America's military supremacy gets ignored?

I haven't read the full forum, so this answer may have been given, but it's a bit of an ego thing that the Japanese has a strong military in anime. In real life, they are dependent (via WWII treaty) on American military for defense.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 11 minutes ago

2 by Paul »»
1 minute ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

27 by Shizuna »»
3 minutes ago

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 35 minutes ago

2 by Timeline_man »»
7 minutes ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

20 by logopolis »»
8 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.