I hate the anime itself.
It's pretty stupid.
Oct 10, 2014 7:17 PM
Oct 2012
Amalekite said:
I hate the anime itself.
It's pretty stupid.

So says the Yu-Gi-Oh fan.....

When stuff goes over your head it isn't "stupid", its a sign of intelligence.

Think I am just insulting you? Try to say what was stupid, and I will explain to you why both the writer and the animators are smarter than you think.
Oct 10, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
boredxxx said:
Shock_Yin said:

I freaking hate the hipster card, it gets played when you don't have a way to constructivly argue against critisism on series you like.

Seriously as soon as you play the hipster card, you have lost the arguement. Because you couldn't defend the series with logic, because it actually is bad or that you don't know why the series is good.

Try defending the series, instead of saying that everyone that don't like this series is a hipster.

No mate haha hipster card is played when a hipster is detected. Hipsters dislike mainstream stuff and hate on it because of some mental disability. I have ratings and sales on my side as well as a personal opinion of an interesting, strong story with a different yet awsome art style. Only downside I find is some over the top fanservice which I dont hate but its out of place in some areas. Hipsters in anime are so cute though too bad fan bases trample you guys :D

I hope you're not calling him a hipster who hates mainstream stuff, considering you can see all the shows in his favorites are pretty damn popular.

Regardless, this thread needs to die already so I can stop being compelled to post in it.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Oct 13, 2014 1:22 PM

Nov 2013
PriestJabon said:
this thread needs to die already so I can stop being compelled to post in it.
But I like to see your sig :(
Oct 13, 2014 4:32 PM

Nov 2010
Forgetfulness said:
Well both, but the anime does have flaws.

I gave NGNL a 7/10. It's nowhere near a masterpiece IMO and the things I disliked were
1. unexplained ridiculously OP MCs for no reason. Basically destroyed any tension in the games because you knew that somehow, in the end they would win. Sure, the games themselves might have made sense but you knew that the plot armor would make them win in the end: either they already knew some trick a bajillion years ago, or they can figure it out on the spot, or maybe a fucking coin will flip exactly as they command it to for god knows whatever reason
2. Unfunny comedy. Actually, change that to cringeworthy comedy. The references? Great. The jokes about being an otaku and how they can't function as normal people? Pathetic
3. Fanservice. This is a personal dislike for me. Before everybody and their mom jumps on my case, I'm not saying it's bad because it has fanservice. I know it has the ecchi tag. I'm just saying I don't like it

I did find it incredibly entertaining though, which is why I think it scores decently. And also, the point about trying to be clever is pretty accurate IMO. The only clever game was probably the Rock-paper-scissors

And also, I laughed at the fact that you listed a bunch of "popular and hated" anime when all of those have major flaws as well. Well, SnK might not have major ones but SAO and Mirai Nikki are full of shit

Same here... If it could be more realistic and make it more interesting by not letting you know that they would win at the end, it would be amazing show.
Yet, I did enjoy it, and gave it 8/10, which is pretty high for me.
This anime could have more improvements. And to think that I believed the anime will be a rival to Death Note... :(
Oct 13, 2014 4:41 PM

Jul 2013
The only reason people like this show is for lolis, fanservice and nice visuals. The plot doesn't even matter, nothing matters when they are literally invincible and nothing can harm them, so what's the fucking point?
Oct 27, 2014 3:50 AM

Jan 2012
always blind watch everything crew checking in...

brb zero influence from all the retards
brb enjoy/hate the show at my own discretion

good luck with your spoiled anime viewing experience influenced by other derp-herps goal for the rest of your life

srsly just do yourself a favor and just pick an anime and watch it with zero research/reading... you'll thank me later

credential: over 1k+ anime watched
Nov 17, 2014 8:18 AM

Jan 2012
flaxman85 said:
always blind watch everything crew checking in...

brb zero influence from all the retards
brb enjoy/hate the show at my own discretion

good luck with your spoiled anime viewing experience influenced by other derp-herps goal for the rest of your life

srsly just do yourself a favor and just pick an anime and watch it with zero research/reading... you'll thank me later

credential: over 1k+ anime watched

This. Exactly.

Who cares what some no life internet haters think, you watch animes for your own enjoyment and judge for yourself.
Nov 18, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
I'm just gonna make this sweet and simple

There will be negativity in anything, and this expands further than anime. There is no need to worry about where the hate comes from, because most of the negative feedback will come from differing opinions even if it is because of something being overly hyped. In my opinion(s), there is no need to pay attention to whether someone dislikes a show or likes it as long as they aren't directly targeting you and your opinion. But you can never really tell if someones negativity towards something is direct dislike in something, or hype when it comes to anime, unless you are actually living inside their mind.
tl;dr Just don't care on if someone hates something as long as they don't target you, and either way your hype hate and your hate hate will most likely come from differing opinions.
I could have made this longer but ¯_(ツ)_/¯
EmerWorldNov 24, 2014 10:23 AM
Dec 7, 2014 7:15 AM

Feb 2011
parfaited said:
I hate both.

yep
but its not hate i just dont like and dont understand why peoplelike this anime so much
Dec 7, 2014 2:35 PM

Jan 2014
It's fairly simple to understand. Fan Boys= Fapped to the show. Haters= Didn't fap to the show. Mystery solved.
Mugen24Dec 8, 2014 4:15 AM
Dec 29, 2014 8:53 AM

Mar 2014
nah, dont worry about them. theyre just plain haters
this anime is good. in fact this is the only anime which has a sub genre of ecchi that i ever liked so far.
im pretty sure the likers far exceeds the number of haters.
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Dec 29, 2014 9:12 AM

Apr 2014
Sometimes I question humanity...

Dec 29, 2014 9:14 AM

Dec 2013
Months have passed, but haters still gonna hate....
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 29, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
I was actually going to skip on this one due to all the hate its been getting... But now i think ill give this one a shot :|
There’s no hope on the battlefield.
It has nothing but unspeakable despair.
Just a crime we call victory, paid for by the pain of the defeated.
Yet humanity has never recognized this truth.
And the reason for that is, in every era,
a dazzling hero has blinded people with their legends and prevented them from seeing the evil of bloodshed.
The true nature of humanity has not advanced a step beyond the Stone Age!
Dec 29, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
Personally, I didn't see any of the hype nor did I see any of the hate. I watched the show without any opinion influencing me going into it. And I mean I only just watched it over the past few days. My opinion? I thought it was great.

The problem here is so many people think themselves to have the best taste in anime, and as soon as something comes up that doesn't suit their taste yet many other people embrace, it enrages them inside.

I'm seeing people saying it's revolting that this anime is higher ranked than their own favorite anime. I don't find the anime rankings shocking at all, even if I almost completely disagree with them. People will like what they will like. The scores honestly give me a little more faith in humanity when I see anime like DBZ aren't even in the top 100.
Omne Solum Forti Patria
Jan 2, 2015 1:09 AM

Jun 2012
I like No Game No Life because it makes Kaiji look even better in comparison and gives the wonderful people at Madhouse profit. it is pretty mediocre tho
Jan 2, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
dunno, this series is quite good even though there are quite many things that i dislike.
first episode with game world concept is very good, i was actually hoping that this would be episodic and "game of the week" or like original yu-gi-oh (before magic&wizard card game). seems like i expected too much. the card games are not very interesting except maybe for short blackjack and the chess is full bullshit. i liked nude nipple-less shiritori though lol.

even though sora is quite charismatic, i feel like shiro is just bonus, she is there just for the sake of moe lolicon pandering. and this dora chick is very annoying, she thinks she is funny.

6 or 7/10 for me , not awesome but not bad either, dunno how this series get a lot of hate all the time.
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Jan 3, 2015 3:30 PM

Aug 2014
Ok, I know this is a very old topic and a very old post, but I can't just sit still.

T3hSource said:
Botato said:
That aside, what plotholes and character inconsistencies are in NGNL?
I'm genuinely curious.
> supposed to be NEET/hikikomoris aka antisocial
> beat others via mind games and bluffing

And no, "it's a game to them", "he's treating them like NPCs" are not good excuses, especially when they say "reality is a crappy game".

Did you even watch the anime through the end? "it's a game to them" is actually the reason here, don't try to take away the actual proof there.
Some people changes with each environment. Some can actually get really talkative over the Internet but not in real life.
The moment Sora and Shiro were teleported to a virtual Akiba, they were scared as hell.

Defeats them via mind games and bluffing? They're good at any kind of game, that includes games like Poker. And also, the keyword there is mind "games".
Jan 4, 2015 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
I was gonna ask out of pure curiosity those who absolutely love this series why exactly they do so, but you know what? It just comes down to taste. It's as simple as that really. I enjoyed it myself as well... to a certain extent. Some good points here and there, like the visuals, references, comedy, OP, etc.. Gave it a 7/10 (for now, might get lower). But that's the absolute max I could ever give it. Because there just wasn't any point in the series where I felt "oh my god, this is amazing!".

I didn't like the fact that I never felt truly invested in the characters, because there never any reason to be worried about them, really. But... that might simply be something that the series didn't even intend to do either, you know? Not much at least. So again it comes down to personal taste. I would pick Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji over this any day because I really love the drama in it - there's A LOT of struggle for the main protagonist and the mind games are very interesting and entertaining.

Well whatever. If other people enjoyed this IMMENSELY (I take it you did if you gave it a full 10/10), then more power to you. You got more out of it than me, so that's just great for you.

ps Jibril best girl
Jan 5, 2015 12:08 AM

Nov 2013
Harlequina said:
Jibril best girl
QFT.
Feb 1, 2015 7:21 PM
Sep 2014
Definitely hype. I started to watch this anime with expectation that it will be complete shit and waste of time since i got recommendation from people whose taste i don't like whatsoever. The first 10 minutes was kinda retarded but since its prologue, i didnt pay too much attention to that. But, it gets better storywise.
Well executed storytelling, tactics and mind games, which i didnt feel since Death Note.
So, basicaly, OP main characters aside, did they do anything wrong? They didnt make nothing new, but they did make very enjoyable anime. The last 5 hours well spended.
NarcoFeb 2, 2015 4:02 AM
Feb 1, 2015 8:34 PM

Sep 2013
Nobody can hate Jibril so its obvious they hate the hype.
Feb 2, 2015 11:09 AM
Mar 2013
I like the anime, but the mcs are too stu-like to me. They beat all these races so easily when they should not be doing it as easy as they do, and it annoys me that they always have everything planned from the start and pretty much won near right away because of it (that is a type of stu, perfect characters are only one kind of stu), when these races (or some of them) should be giving them a way harder time than we see. Honestly this anime is so overatted to me.
RoychopFeb 25, 2015 6:18 AM
Feb 6, 2015 4:18 AM

Nov 2013
I hate both. The amount of praise this series gets has me scratching my head every time.

Mar 6, 2015 9:31 PM

Jan 2012
Roychop said:
I like the anime, but the mcs are too stu-like to me. They beat all these races so easily when they should not be doing it as easy as they do, and it annoys me that they always have everything planned from the start and pretty much won near right away because of it (that is a type of stu, perfect characters are only one kind of stu), when these races (or some of them) should be giving them a way harder time than we see. Honestly this anime is so overatted to me.

The MC was never OP, the other races were OP. But the MC used their brains to overcome other races's innate OPness. Its a story of clever cunning over strength. There were many many times the MCs were struggling. You could even call it a David vs Goliath battle. I don't understand how anyone would get an idea like Roychop.

Maybe people don't like how the MCs use their brains to proactively achieve their goals instead of the typical pussy passive anime MC? Lol.

Mar 7, 2015 3:09 PM
Mar 2013
Iro said:
Roychop said:

The MC was never OP, the other races were OP. But the MC used their brains to overcome other races's innate OPness. Its a story of clever cunning over strength. There were many many times the MCs were struggling. You could even call it a David vs Goliath battle. I don't understand how anyone would get an idea like Roychop.

Maybe people don't like how the MCs use their brains to proactively achieve their goals instead of the typical pussy passive anime MC? Lol.

My stance on this matter has not changed. I find Sora and Shiro to be incredibly stu-like (them struggling sometimes doesn't change what I think. And again; perfect characters are only 1 type of stu, another kind is where things generally work out exactly how they want it, which happens most of the time with these two). You think otherwise about those 2, that's all well and good. I like smart mcs, but I get highly annoyed with the ones that are like Sora and Shiro to where (to me) it's to a stu level.
RoychopMar 12, 2015 8:06 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

622 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 21, 5:21 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.