Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 5, 2016 10:55 PM

Mar 2015
Hopefully the Sunny is safe from that ugly woman
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 8, 2016 9:31 PM

May 2013
Brook is the most useful one of the bunch for the Sunny Go team >.>

I still don't like Nami omfg. She should've just cuffed that betch Giolla since she's not affected by the kairouseki instead of acting like she's some fucking queen all the time ordering people around-- then Giolla wouldn't have to have woken up and gone ape shit on them =___= Luckily Gaon Hou worked on Giolla. Stupid Nami, I swear. Getcho shit together.
Sep 25, 2016 10:07 PM

Sep 2010
Good its dead, now through that thing into the sea!
Feb 10, 2017 5:53 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Poor Giolla, finally defeat by Momonosuke!!!! O _O

xD
Dec 18, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2016
Doflamingo started by telling Law exactly where he came from. Notably the Tontatta said they were dealing with the Don Quixote family going back 900 years and this only gives validity to Doflamingo’s story. Assuming the Tontatta were always a part of Dressrosa then the 100 year gap between their timelines makes sense, Don Quixote controlled the kingdom 900 years ago and gave up control 100 years later. We briefly got more evidence for why Alabasta’s leaders are so awesome with them refusing to go to Marie Jois, leaving 19 kings, the Don Quixote family included, to leave their kingdoms and become World Nobles. This is when the Riku family took over which makes for Doflamingo’s usurping of the crown 790 years later represent him taking back what he may see as his deserved position. But there are still key questions to ask such as, if he is in fact a Celestial Dragon, a descendant of the kings who created the World Government, then why would he become a warlord? That itself feels like an odd contradiction, a warlord is a deal with the government yet he’d innately have all the control he needed over them already. Further, we have seen the government treat him as a pirate, be it when he and Kuma met Sengoku for a meeting early on or when Moria disappeared, and just recently Fujitora called him “Heavenly Demon” which adds to the confusion. I presume he isn’t officially a Celestial Dragon or hides the fact that he is yet still holds deep connections to his family which are such Dragons. Maybe it’s a way of denouncing his blood which would give him everything he wanted without any effort, by hiding it from the world he would be able to feel what he did was earned but who can say right now.

The Sunny Security team dealt more with Giolla. Giolla reminded me a lot of Mr.3 back when he was first an antagonist, she turned the crew into a painting and did the cheesy “in 10 minutes you shall be dead” and further, she did so with the reasoning of turning them into beautiful art. Mr.3 did this almost point for point, just using wax, and later he even fought the crew in a wax mech suit, which isn’t exactly what Giolla did but she basically created a giant artistic mech suit to fight in. To cut from her to Gladius with Baby 5 scared he would “explode” I started to wonder if he would parallel Mr.5, the guy with an explosive body but that doesn’t seem to be so accurate now. First, let’s touch on the Giolla conflict.

Brook did the amazing, being the Soul King he tricked her feeble artistic mind and pretended he understood her art, he played to her biggest weakness. He asked her to revert the changes to his weapons to play a song and then casually said “okay, I cut you already” which got me good. From here we saw that she in fact does work like Decken and maybe it suggests that any devil fruit which creates effects in the world through a connection with one’s mind will be reverted once that person goes down. Giolla did in fact create art from her brain so if that connection is severed than all is fine. Yet, the squad was super dumb and didn’t handcuff her in time but after creating a pretty awesome art dimension and trapping them, we had more of that teamwork akin to the first attack on Giolla. Brook distracted with combat, Chopper and Momo set up the Gaon Cannon’s fuel, and Nami fired it to break through the dimension they were trapped in. This team may be relatively weak compared to the maniacs of the Straw Hat’s but they got synergy. After that Momo did the hilariously simple and smashed Giolla in the head breaking a club. He did his part too and Kin’emon would be proud!

I trust Violet now for she told the truth about the Sunny and Gladius showed that he truly sees her acts as betrayal behind closed doors. Unless she’s doing something insane, I’d wager her toyhouse directions are true and she isn’t a double agent. Speaking of Gladius, he was interesting. The topic of Violet not being punctual or following instructions was the thing that made him so angry that his spiky hair destroyed his hat and he wished death on anyone who fell under that description. He would hate Luffy that’s for sure. And after that anger over such behavior, that is when he explicitly brought up the betrayal, like it was an afterthought- even if he said “what’s worse”. I’m curious about the choice of making him say “he betrayed us- I mean young master”. It may be reading too far into this but it came off as Gladius putting himself over Doflamingo for a brief moment. They also touched on Violet’s clairvoyance which we saw first hand. Her power of seeing all means an immense tactical advantage for whoever she works for. Able to see everything in the country and able to tap into people’s heads and find out all of their plans means, with proper preparation, she could make someone near unstoppable. At the very least it would make them forever prepared, that is unless the enemy works with knowledge of her and tricks her from afar which is awesome to think about.

To finish this post off, Kin’emon and Zoro trying to get to Luffy is hilarious, neither are the smartest people in the world but at least Bartolomeo, a clear stand in for me being a huge fan of the crew and being someone on the inside, can help them out! “ZORO-SENPAI!!!!”
Apr 28, 2020 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
tqran said:
Kind of pissed me off how Nami being a bitch and not putting on the handcuffs meant they had to have that big fight and then after all of those attacks she gets knocked out by a baseball bat??

Brook would be so badass if he were more serious, but I guess we have zoro for that

I see a few people complaining about the handcuffs -- and to be fair, Brook made a valid point, she was the only non-Devil-Fruit-user and thus wouldn't be affected -- AND, yes, because of her bitchiness, they had to engage in a giant battle. Still, I do miss Nami's pre-timeskip bitchiness. I feel she became too mature and that classic charm has dissipated.

Having said that, I'm glad someone else realizes how dumb the "battle" was. Heck, you could remove the entire "big fight" from the episode and the overall plot wouldn't change -- since the crew accomplished absolutely nothing from it up until a simple baseball bat knocked her out.

That would make the entire concept of Giolla FILLER. And a stupid, lackluster-of-depth filler at that.
Apr 28, 2020 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
Jayns said:
AhmedHan said:
1) If Brook can cut that fast, why didn't he cut her before she attacked?
2) She is cut, and where the f*uck is the blood? This show turns more and more childish every year.

1) Brook could not cut her because his weapon was turned into art.

2) Who knows? Could be all that blubber she has. ;)

^ I love both of these comments.

The lack of blood in post-timeskip One Piece makes things horrendously irritating and I'm ecstatic that -- for once -- someone in the forums finally pointed it out.

But... I mean, they also have a point, Giolla does have quite a bit of blubber protecting her veins. 😂
Apr 28, 2020 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
The One Piece Giolla scenes are so dumb. I get that they needed to give Nami, Chopper, and Brook something to do — and someone with a power that wouldn’t be too difficult for the weaker crew members to overcome — but still…

Just… what an incredibly dumb character and sub-plot. I don’t care if it’s a shounen franchise for kids, it’s still stupid.

And people thought the Slow-Slow Beam character, Foxy, was bad (which he really wasn’t). If you hated that character then you better despise this character with five times as much passion, or something won’t line up.

Man… who else remembers when this was a good, old-fashioned series about pirates…

P.S. Giolla in her final-boss form as a giant unmoving "still" was disgustingly awful. She barely moved in her final form. Not to mention when her final form was introduced, it was almost a full minute of still shots and panning angles and shocked reactions from the crew.

P.S.S. I always give animes the benefit of the doubt -- I'm generally a more positive and accepting individual -- but that's simply not the case here. Having said that, when I look at the poll on this forum, why did the vast majority vote 5/5 "Loved it!" ... I think most episodes are a safe 4/5, yes, but this was in comparison was a 1/5... and at most, MAYBE a 3/5.
Mar 19, 2021 6:36 AM

May 2016
As persistent as Giolla was, it's great that they finally shut her up for good at last~

Doflamingo being a Celestial Dragon would've given him connections that probably would've surpassed his current ones by a long shot but he might've had his reasons on why he became a pirate, hm.

Aug 2, 2021 7:20 AM

Jun 2019
Bartolomeo is the epitome of a fanboy. LMAO.
Aug 26, 2021 7:16 AM

Aug 2021
Transition from Doflamingo's laugh to Brook's laugh is hilarious xD
So Doflamingo is a Celestial Dragon after all
Giolla's DF is irritating but quite creative
Gladius Character design is cool
Momonosuke good work!!
Apr 25, 2022 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
Was waiting for this moment. Finally, a Celestial Dragon that's not just a stuck up slob. Hearing it come from Doflamingo's own mouth puts so much into perspective. Though in a way, he's still behaving like one of them with the way he toys with life.
Feb 26, 2023 9:53 AM
Sep 2017
Okay this is total BS... why tf did Giolla take no damage after brook cut her (she even went unconcious because her DF power disappeared, randomly gets up after 2 minutes with no blood on her) and WHY DID THEY NOT HANDCUFF HER IMMEDIATELY LIKE WHAT????? I'm losing my mind, Oda could've done it so much better if he just wanted to show off her DF powers some more, but done like this it just makes Brook Nami and Chopper look like complete morons.
Feb 26, 2023 10:02 AM
Sep 2017
bro this episode pissed me off so much also why does Violet have the power to turn her tears into big ass iron whales?? its so random it sounds like oda just came up with that move on a whim and was like yup thats it im giving this one to Violet because why the fuck not
Aug 18, 2023 6:40 AM
Oct 2019
Here we go Bartolomeo fanboy moment again LMAO

Glad they defeat that annoying ugly Giolla.
Oct 17, 2023 10:19 AM
Feb 2022
Adiós Giolla. Ya ha caído el primero de la familia Don Quixote.
Jan 28, 1:55 AM

Oct 2020
They din't think about hancuffing her right after she got taken down by brook ? XD
Still, a descent episode
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 843 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

16 by FedeMetal »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 842 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

20 by FedeMetal »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:28 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:10 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.