Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 27, 2014 10:59 PM

Apr 2013
It's back, and I didn't even have a fucking clue.. seriously tho, 0/10 for whoever is in charge of marketing @ Nickelodeon.

Who'll be watching?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 27, 2014 11:17 PM

Jun 2008
*raises hand*

Though l still need to catch up on season 2 first, l procrastinated on the show. ;_;
Jun 28, 2014 12:03 AM
Aug 2013
I'm glad it's back, just finished watching first 3 episode of season 3. Apparently lord zuko is back in the show and i'm very excited to see him in action.
Jun 28, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2012
Sourire said:
It's back, and I didn't even have a fucking clue.. seriously tho, 0/10 for whoever is in charge of marketing @ Nickelodeon.

If you haven't heard, the marketing blunders were apparently linked to a leak on Nick Mundo, which forced Nickelodeon to release the episodes sooner than scheduled.
Jun 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Feb 2014
I'll be watching, but at this point just to get it over with. The second half of season 2 was quite good, especially the Avatar Wan episodes, but the show as a whole has been pretty disappointing when compared to its predecessor.
Jun 28, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
Actually, they didn't have plans to release this early.
Nick Mundo released episodes 4-6 in Spanish, thus driving Nick to go ahead with release.
I was aware of it because I liked the Facebook page.
You can watch episodes on gogoanime though.
I'm pretty excited about this season, because, you know...

Jun 28, 2014 10:59 AM

Jun 2012
I'll watch it when I get time. Only thing good about the second season was the first avatar so my hopes for this season arent that high.
Jun 28, 2014 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
toyall123 said:
Sourire said:

If you haven't heard, the marketing blunders were apparently linked to a leak on Nick Mundo, which forced Nickelodeon to release the episodes sooner than scheduled.
oh I see.. thanks for clearing that up.

airbenders!
Jun 28, 2014 1:42 PM
Apr 2014
Sourire said:

Who'll be watching?

well I am watching it.......................
Jun 28, 2014 5:35 PM

Jan 2014
The trailer looked great with seemingly lots of new reveals. I will definitely be watching it, and although the 2nd season wasn't the best,l it gets greater hate than it should.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Jun 29, 2014 5:04 AM
Jun 2014
I don't know what these chumps are talking about, Book 2 was amazing. I can't wait for Book 3. I thought that guy pumping weights in jail was Ozai but then I forgot that he's long dead. That girl with the eye on her head looked like Azula.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jun 29, 2014 6:23 AM

Feb 2010
Whoa I didn't know about it being back either, but now I have some episodes to look forward to :)
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 30, 2014 12:25 AM

Feb 2014
Just watched the first 3 episodes and, what the hell happened? Suddenly the writing has improved, Korra isn't an arrogant and obnoxious brat anymore, and most of all the show has finally slowed down and is giving the characters some chance to interact normally instead of just spitting out dialogues that only further the plot. This is what was missing in the first and especially the second season. Everything was too rushed because there too little episodes per season to fit the number of things going on in the show.

VhailorJun 30, 2014 12:30 AM
Jun 30, 2014 9:44 AM

Jan 2014
Vhailor said:
Just watched the first 3 episodes and, what the hell happened? Suddenly the writing has improved, Korra isn't an arrogant and obnoxious brat anymore, and most of all the show has finally slowed down and is giving the characters some chance to interact normally instead of just spitting out dialogues that only further the plot. This is what was missing in the first and especially the second season. Everything was too rushed because there too little episodes per season to fit the number of things going on in the show.

It looks like someone never had a crush as a kid ;)

Anyway, these first few episodes set it up nicely. Lots of interesting characters introduced. Definitely excited to see where this will take us.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jun 30, 2014 10:33 AM

Jun 2013
I LOVE Season 3 so far. The characters have FINALLY shown a semblance of development, the romance bullshit is out of the way, and the action from the new villains is mindblowing so far.

Plus, the animation/art is simply above 98% of anime

I gotta say I hate that Kai kid though, what an ass!
Jun 30, 2014 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
Real question is why isn't this in the MAL database?
Jun 30, 2014 1:00 PM

Oct 2012
IntervisioN said:
Real question is why isn't this in the MAL database?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=141101
http://myanimelist.net/modules.php?go=faq#avatar

Vhailor said:

This got me hyped for the 3rd season, the past seasons didn't please me as much as Legend of Aang.
WindfallJun 30, 2014 1:17 PM
Jun 30, 2014 4:24 PM

Oct 2011
Vhailor said:

What is happening is that the creators/writers are trying their BEST to give the audience what they want. After S1, the fanbase DEMANDED 4 books and DEMANDED more romance, so they tried to do that. It wasn't true to the story though, and it showed. A lot of crap happened, and we ended up with a lackluster season. Because of that, after S2, the fanbase demanded more action, maturity, and less romance.

The creators did say they wanted it to be shown that despite Korra being older than Aang, she is an angsty, teenage girl. Now, after the shit went down over the previous seasons, and the ups and downs with Mako, Korra is able to mature. She really has no choice, however, we still see her familiar frustrations, which I like. I'm pretty sure there will be more romance, just not as much drama surrounding it.

Overall, this looks like a promising season. I look forward to seeing more.~

Jun 30, 2014 5:42 PM

Aug 2013
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I love that Ba Sing Se, the Dai Li have been revisited because the Earth Kingdom has always been my favorite of the 4 nations. The air ship to me indicates that this season will have a lot more adventure than the first 2 seasons. I'm kind of iffy though about the new villain, I don't think he can live up to Amon , Unalaq and Vaatu.
Jun 30, 2014 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
Fucking Zuko on a red dragon, epic!

The elevator scene was hilarious with zuko and the twins lol
Jul 1, 2014 2:48 PM

Nov 2013
A bit of topic, but how is second season compared to the first one?
Idk if even 2nd worth watching (So could not say anything about s3.) as from what i can tell first was way below average.
GhostOutOfShellJul 1, 2014 3:14 PM
Signature was not removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Tulip & Flower Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2014 2:52 PM

Jun 2014
The original Avatar series takes a dump on the legend of korra like Aang was wayy better, just saying.
Jul 1, 2014 3:11 PM
Jun 2014
Temoze said:
A bit of topic, but is how is second season compared to the first one?
Idk if even 2nd worth watching (So could not say anything about s3.) as from what i can tell first was way below average.

Yes. It's way better. It even rivals The Last Aair Bender because you learn how the avatar cycle started.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jul 1, 2014 3:19 PM
Jun 2014
I just wanna see Zuko burn all the things.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.
Shadowslave13 is my loli milk provider.
Flume is my dark magic buddy cop sidekick™.
And Afshar was my first MAL friend ;-;

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Jul 1, 2014 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
Temoze said:

Not nearly as good as the first, but you could catch up to the 3rd season reading some summaries, watch the original Avatar special, the last 2-4 episodes of the season and calling it a day lol.

Jul 1, 2014 10:01 PM

Apr 2013
Temoze said:
not bad, not good.. too much emphasis on the romance between korra and mako.

season 3 on the other hand is up to a great start and may rival ATLA.
Jul 1, 2014 10:59 PM

Jun 2014
this show is the death of me wtf this is 20 piss better than season 2
"madoka magica is just so ridiculous I mean who is going to believe such a shoddy melodramatic tragedy could have any commercial or moral value"

Jul 4, 2014 6:34 AM

Feb 2014
RedRoseFring said:
Vhailor said:

It looks like someone never had a crush as a kid ;)

Anyway, these first few episodes set it up nicely. Lots of interesting characters introduced. Definitely excited to see where this will take us.

I wouldn't have cared had it been ANY other show, but going by LoK's track record, this seemed more like the writers trying to shoehorn another awkward romance plot instead of a crush.
Jul 4, 2014 7:36 AM

Feb 2014

I don't get why they demanded more romance. The love square(?) from season 1 (though not as bad as the love triangle from season 2) wasn't any good to begin with. They could have used that time on Amon and the equalists plot, which like the entire show was rushed and ended too soon.

I'm also starting to like her occasional outbursts of frustration, now that they're in moderation. But I guess she can't be blamed entirely for her personality. Anyone would get angsty if they were held prisoner from childhood by a cult and made to do nothing other than train all day.
Jul 4, 2014 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
Vhailor said:

I don't get why they demanded more romance. The love square(?) from season 1 (though not as bad as the love triangle from season 2) wasn't any good to begin with. They could have used that time on Amon and the equalists plot, which like the entire show was rushed and ended too soon.

I'm also starting to like her occasional outbursts of frustration, now that they're in moderation. But I guess she can't be blamed entirely for her personality. Anyone would get angsty if they were held prisoner from childhood by a cult and made to do nothing other than train all day.

People ship in shows that have zero romance, so when they got that bit, they went nuts. Tumblr literally exploded. I do respect the creators and writers for trying to tailor to their audience, but luckily they have learned their lesson and will remain true to the original content from here on out. I would have rather have two awesome seasons like they planned than this.

I do find that Korra is a very realistic Avatar. The people's reactions and lack of respect/trust for her shows a lot. It also shows that even though Aang was a great Avatar, he didn't make everyone happy. It's literally impossible to do, and I think a lot of fans thought he did that when in fact he didn't. The Avatar's the Avatar, but he/she is also human.

Jul 4, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2013
Disappointed, no new episode tonight.
DrGeroCreationJul 4, 2014 11:56 AM
Jul 11, 2014 10:13 PM

Oct 2011
2 new episodes tonight; 2 new episodes next week.

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Jul 12, 2014 11:05 AM

Aug 2013
Lin was terrible in episode 4 making poor Opal cry. I wish the
So far I like the direction the third season is going with traveling around the earth kingdom. I really hope Korra doesn't go back to Republic city soon.
Jul 12, 2014 11:07 AM

Oct 2011
DrGeroCreation said:
So far I like the direction the third season is going with traveling around the earth kingdom. I really hope Korra doesn't go back to Republic city soon.

Well, she's banished from Republic City, so I highly doubt she'll go back there unless the bad guys did something to threaten the city.
I'm sure Lin has a reason, but yeah she shouldn't have taken it out on Opal. Opal is adorable and a great fit with Bolin.

Jul 12, 2014 11:25 AM

Aug 2013
MaiTai said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Well, she's banished from Republic City, so I highly doubt she'll go back there unless the bad guys did something to threaten the city.
I'm sure Lin has a reason, but yeah she shouldn't have taken it out on Opal. Opal is adorable and a great fit with Bolin.
Well she could still go back to Tenzin's island . I hope Lin's reason is not just jealousy for her half sister and it is something more serious. Opal is really cute and I guess a good match for Bolin but I think the pairing happened too quick.
Jul 12, 2014 7:14 PM
Jun 2014
So far I'm "eh". When I saw Zuko, I nearly creamed in my pants, but they're under using him at this point. I feel like they easily could have had a new or different character in his place. So the most interesting part of the season for me feels like a piece of pointless fan service (at least as of now).

And I hate Kai. That little shit needs to get the beating of a life time.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.

I have coveted these people, so that I may one day sacrifice them in the name of love.
Jul 13, 2014 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
Interesting family dynamic between Lin and her sister. Definitely loving the exploration aspect so far, and the fights are always fantastic.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 15, 2014 7:22 PM
Jun 2014
Yeah, what's up with Lin and her family? It makes me think Toph was a worse an even worse mom than Aang was a dad.
Kronie is mai waifu.
Enema is my master.

Jul 19, 2014 8:33 AM

Oct 2011
How did you guys like last night's episode?
I'm still trying to see how they explain Toph having 2 kids by 2 different men.
I'm really curious about this backstory now.
I feel like if they don't answer all these questions about the TLA cast then they should have specials for each of the main chars after LoK ends.

Anyway.
Korra's the first metal bending Avatar. That's cool.

Jul 19, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2014
So far I'm liking this season far more than both the previous seasons. I liked that they found a way to naturally fit Lin and Suyin's backstory into the story instead of just shoving a flashback scene like it's often done.

And they're actually doing a pretty good job with Bolin x Opal.

It was great to finally see Toph, however brief it was. Now the only one from the Team Avatar left to make an appearance is Soka (I know he's dead, but flashbacks will do too). And yeah, I also want to know how she ended up with 2 daughters from 2 different men. And to top it off, she hasn't, or refuses to even tell Lin and Suyin who their fathers are.

And as much as I liked the 7th episode, the whole time I was waiting for Zaheer and his gang to attack the Metal Clan's city, which never happened. So it felt more like a filler, even though there was quite a bit of character development for Tenzin, Bhumi and Jinora.

Also, was that one airbender's name Otaku?
Jul 19, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
Vhailor said:

Also, was that one airbender's name Otaku?

I caught that too. Nicely played.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Jul 21, 2014 4:48 AM
Dec 2013
Really liked the beginning much better than season 2.
Jul 23, 2014 10:42 PM

May 2014
Just when they ironed out the problems, the show gets cancelled.

Nickelodeon is pulling Legend of Korra from it's schedule.
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-of-korra.html

Creators say the final five episodes will have a digital release.
Aug 4, 2014 9:09 PM

Aug 2013
Zaheer is shaping up to be as good a villain as Amon. I'm disappointed though that there are only 4 more episodes for this season considering that could be an indication that the conclusion might be rushed.
Aug 8, 2014 9:09 PM

Apr 2013
AllStarNemesis said:
Just when they ironed out the problems, the show gets cancelled.

Nickelodeon is pulling Legend of Korra from it's schedule.
http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...-of-korra.html

Creators say the final five episodes will have a digital release.
Its not cancelled.. the end of book 3 will be on the website, and book 4 is still going to be released. Nick is the worst network there is, awful marketing.

Anyway, this week episode was nuts!!!!
Aug 15, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
Granny can't be serious, Korra isn't muscular she just has nice, slightly toned arms. Tenzin was pure badass this episode.
Aug 15, 2014 7:03 PM

Oct 2010
"As long as I'm breathing, it's not over" -Tenzin

RIP TENZIN

btw... s3 best season.
Aug 15, 2014 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Hyack said:
"As long as I'm breathing, it's not over" -Tenzin

RIP TENZIN

btw... s3 best season.

Those were my thoughts as well after he said that. And the way they moved away from the scene while they were attacking him is making me think they might really kill him :(
Aug 15, 2014 9:06 PM
Oct 2009
i think he'll be at the edge of death when korra shows up.
Aug 16, 2014 4:21 AM

Feb 2014
Spawned_Fighter said:
i think he'll be at the edge of death when korra shows up.

Yeah, I don't think they'll kill him. Even though there has been a double suicide, attempted suicide (Korra at the end of S1), genocide of an entire race and now a murder, I think killing off Tenzin would still be too dark for LoK, which at the end of the day is a kid's show on Nickelodeon.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Post songs that you are addicted to right now

tsukareru - 23 seconds ago

0 by tsukareru »»
23 seconds ago

» Favorite childhood TV shows?

56709 - Apr 17

26 by 707supremacist »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Game of Thrones vs Attack on Titan

DOSS300 - Mar 26

11 by WatchTillTandava »»
5 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7587 by SilentAssassin88 »»
8 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3387 by SilentAssassin88 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.