Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What's the age difference between Shun and Ikki? If Ikki can speak proper sentences when Shun was a baby then I'd have to guess he's at least 4 years older then shun.

And I noticed this a while ago but why is there a 50th anniversary logo after the opening? Saint seiya was made in the 80s.
Mar 30, 2016 7:08 PM

May 2009
Shun is 13 ( I can't believe it!!) and yet 10 years ago, he was a baby! Then shouldn't he be 10? WTF?!
Anyways, Shun is willing to sacrifice himself to defeat Hades, will Ikki really kill Shun?!
Jan 30, 2019 3:02 PM

Jun 2016
Unfortunately I couldn't write this right away so my raw excitement isn't here anymore. Still, this episode was so awesome. Ikki is so badass it's crazy. I loved that we got a full Ikki episode like this. First he completely destroyed one of the big 3 of the underworld and dropped that hilarious one liner on him when hitting him with the genma ken "How's it like to see hell while in hell", at least in my subs and I couldn't help but laugh. He even gave Aiacos a chance to retreat. He's really the master of telling people, "you're not worth fighting and I'm way too strong for you" because he also did that to Kanon, at least in a far more meaningful way then. He also dropped that badass "I'm not a feminist so stay out of my way" bit to Pandora. THEN HE PUNCHED A GOD IN HIS FACE AFTER GETTING UP TIME AND TIME FROM HIS BLOWS!!! Ikki was just as straightforward in his approach against Poseidon but seeing him stroll up and punch Hades in his face was just too cool. Hell, even baby Ikki was manly as all heck holding onto Shun for dear life.

Speaking of the Shun/Hades situation it is quite interesting. I think this implies the God/Goddess merges with the child as a baby and they properly merge through time. Presumably Saori was a normal baby who was born fated to Athena and like with how Pandora tried to put Hades into Shun, she must have merged with Saori. Unless I'm forgetting the backstory on her and we already know it past Saga overthrowing the Sanctuary. Along that line of thinking it makes sense that Shun would be hard to control, he's a fully fledged and strong willed person at this point, Saori managed to work herself into becoming Athena so to speak. It also continues Ikki's line of thinking, it seems Shun gladly merged with Hades so he could assist in the fight from the inside.. Him choking himself was such a great image.

I also love Hades plan. To use his powers to make a great eclipse that starts off a new ice age and kills everything, effectively making the entire world the land of the dead. Although it a violent method, something he seems to despise, perhaps the ends justify the means and by uniting the world as its one ruler all war will perish? I suppose we will find out as it goes on.

Will Ikki be able to kill Shun to stop Hades reign! Although.. God's must be sealed away so it seems like whatever happens it will be interesting. He was willing to beat Hades out of Shun but killing his beloved brother is something else. Still, I seem to recall in his battle with Lymnades he told him that he doesn't allow emotion to hold him back due to his past on Death Queen Island, I think anyways, so let's see if things go as we expect... This is a cool direction to go.
Feb 4, 2019 12:19 AM

Dec 2015
Ahahah, Kurumada and his legendary depictions of younger ages. (although Araki exacerbated the problem by extending it to the 14ish years old heroes)

?/5

@gfsdfgsdgsdfgs Unlike her uncles, Athena reincarnates herself: every cycle sees her fall to the Sanctuary as a reborned young baby. She's Athena and that's all. Poseidon's soul has been detached from his body (presumably through sealing, I guess) and simply used a Solo as a vessel from then on. Hades, like his brother, is a "pure spirit" (see later his reasons) so he'll use a body fitted to welcome his soul.

"Saori managed to work herself into becoming Athena so to speak." I think this is a bit too "80s anime-ish" to consider for the Hades OAVs.

Hades should appear like a "good" will even more than Poseidon since he made a whole world to incite humanity to be good.
Jan 6, 2023 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
These little kids having these conversations that could change the wold like is a ugly thursday.

And it ends right when is getting good.
Feb 14, 2023 5:24 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Shun making him the BEST BRONZE SAINT !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 10 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 7, 2014

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Dec 28, 2023 6:21 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 5 Discussion

Monad - Feb 3, 2014

6 by m3ccaryn »»
Oct 24, 2023 1:10 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 9 Discussion

Monad - Feb 25, 2014

6 by kratos_aurion »»
May 28, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 12 Discussion

Sol_Ou - Jun 8, 2014

5 by Safrichh »»
Feb 26, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: The Hades Chapter - Inferno Episode 2 Discussion

shakeyourpup45 - Jul 8, 2013

9 by iamKetranLang »»
Feb 9, 2023 4:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.