Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 1:11 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So, it seems Chrollo wasn't trying to kill the Zoldyck's. He was trying to get their Nen abilities, I guess? Wonder when we'll get to see what he can really do. And, that fat guy chose the wrong time to talk crap to a very pissed off Kurapika.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 31, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Fitting chapter for the monumental 100th. I've always liked the dialogue between Chrollo & Zeno, particularly the line, "Of course, it'd be a different story if you were really trying to kill me."
Jul 12, 2016 4:36 AM

Feb 2016
What a dialogue when chrollo asked who would have won one on one. Kurapika finally smashed the face of that gangster head.
Feb 6, 2018 6:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Hilarious and satisfactory the Killua punch!!!! kekeke
Apr 9, 2021 4:24 AM
Oct 2020
This is the most misunderstood battle in the series. People use this scene as proof for the claim that Chrollo is way stronger than Silva. They point out that Zeno was ready to sacrifice himself to defeat Daicho. My impression has always been that this quote was intended to stress something different.
Not a power imbalance, but the seriousness with which the Zoldycks go about their business.

It was not that they could not kill the Phantom Troupe leader without such a huge cost, they could not do it under time constraints. They knew that Illumi and Maha would soon deliver the ten dons to the underworld. They could have stalled. But they escalated the conflict. They did not slack off, even going so far as to risk their lives. If you comission them, they will do everything to get it done as fast as possible, even if it will ruin a job from a family member or bring them in mortal danger. Without the clock ticking, they could have killed Chrollo without one of them dying aswell.

Contrary to them, Daicho did stall. He dodged and played defense. His goal was to steal Zenos ability. He can only use stolen abilities as long as the original owner is alive (there are few exceptions, no reason to assume this would be case of those). We can conclude that he did not intend to kill him then. He wanted to steal the ability and then escape, when the contract expires. Chrollo did not think he could take them on, Silva and Zeno never feared they could get beaten. But they could be too slow, which in the end happened.

We know that Silva killed unknown Phantom Troupe member and then, exhausted and possible injured, fought Chrollo, resulting in a draw. That makes the common conception even more absurd. The power gap between Chrollo and Silva is not that big.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 13, 2014

6 by Waddledont »»
Apr 14, 5:16 PM

» Chapter 401 will come out

georgecretuu1 - Mar 10, 2023

14 by StardustCursader »»
Apr 12, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 391 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManWild - Oct 20, 2022

62 by removed-user »»
Mar 7, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 1 Discussion

Canute - Jun 1, 2013

16 by Joel77 »»
Feb 28, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter Chapter 51 Discussion

Terrestrious - Jul 25, 2014

4 by Farm-key »»
Feb 18, 8:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.