Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 19, 2014 10:45 AM

Jan 2013
As a tie in with the just released volume 10 of the manga in Japan, a teaser trailer for season 4 has just be shown.

otakii_901May 19, 2014 10:53 AM
what do we want 'MORE MIKU NENDORIODS' when do we want them 'NOW'
May 19, 2014 10:57 AM

Jan 2013
Can anyone tell me why the YT video wont embed
May 19, 2014 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
It is currently disabled.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 19, 2014 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
tsubasalover said:

Oh thanks*sigh* the bbcode will never be fixed
Jan 4, 2015 9:25 PM
Jan 2015
This is perfect , I can't wait until they make the english dubbed version
Jan 4, 2015 10:53 PM
Jan 2015
otakii_901 said:
tsubasalover said:

I don't really know Japanese , but, when is the tenth volume and the anime being release . I need to know so that I could do some estimation on when the english dubbed is going to be released . Your cooperation is appreciated .
Jan 5, 2015 2:15 PM
Sep 2014
AmirFarid said:
otakii_901 said:

I don't really know Japanese , but, when is the tenth volume and the anime being release . I need to know so that I could do some estimation on when the english dubbed is going to be released . Your cooperation is appreciated .

I'm pretty sure the tenth volume was already released last year in Japan. The anime however is not in sight :/ If Rei Hiroe decides to finally work on Black Lagoon again it will probably still take about 2 years until they have enough material for a fourth season. -.- Sad but probably true.
Jan 5, 2015 9:15 PM
Jan 2015
DevilsClaw1991 said:
AmirFarid said:

I'm pretty sure the tenth volume was already released last year in Japan. The anime however is not in sight :/ If Rei Hiroe decides to finally work on Black Lagoon again it will probably still take about 2 years until they have enough material for a fourth season. -.- Sad but probably true.

Then , may god help us during this wait
Jan 6, 2015 5:53 PM

Aug 2012
Is this an actual season 4 trailer or just an advert for the tenth volume?
Looks cool either way :)
Jan 6, 2015 5:57 PM

Sep 2013
What? O_O

Please tell me it's the S4 !
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Jan 7, 2015 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
Brynhildr said:
What? O_O

Please tell me it's the S4 !

When more chapters come out, it will be s4!! :)
Jan 28, 2015 6:38 AM
Jan 2015
Volume 10 is releasing in English on April 21. The author tweets almost on a weekly basis wishing we would all be patient and that he's trying to pick up the pace. As it is a popular series, I don't expect in the slightest that it will be cancelled. The anime was on Toonami and did well in the ratings, and Volume 10 got both this animated preview as well as a series of promo events in Japan. I've been waiting almost a full year for the manga to start back up yet again. Was shocked when I flipped to the last page of the most recent chapter and right there hiding on the edge of the page: "taking a short break". Unreal. I am faithful though, and I'm confident he's going to buckle down this year. He'll get his encouragement when the royalties come in from April and May's manga sales.

In the meantime I've picked up Lagoon's companion Viz-produced series, Gangsta (manga) which is great and is getting an anime season this summer. A new volume, not chapter but VOLUME, is released every three months which is nice.

I translate Rei Hiroe's Twitter daily so I'll keep ya'll in the loop.
Jan 31, 2015 10:35 AM

Mar 2014
Fartoplata said:
Volume 10 is releasing in English on April 21. The author tweets almost on a weekly basis wishing we would all be patient and that he's trying to pick up the pace. As it is a popular series, I don't expect in the slightest that it will be cancelled. The anime was on Toonami and did well in the ratings, and Volume 10 got both this animated preview as well as a series of promo events in Japan. I've been waiting almost a full year for the manga to start back up yet again. Was shocked when I flipped to the last page of the most recent chapter and right there hiding on the edge of the page: "taking a short break". Unreal. I am faithful though, and I'm confident he's going to buckle down this year. He'll get his encouragement when the royalties come in from April and May's manga sales.

In the meantime I've picked up Lagoon's companion Viz-produced series, Gangsta (manga) which is great and is getting an anime season this summer. A new volume, not chapter but VOLUME, is released every three months which is nice.

[b]I translate Rei Hiroe's Twitter daily so I'll keep ya'll in the loop.[b]

Feb 1, 2015 6:52 PM

Jan 2014
Gonna be really weird when it does air and I'll have to watch it subbed. Black Lagoon is one of the few anime I will only watch the dub version. The sub is not bad, but just saying
Mar 5, 2015 7:32 AM
Jan 2015
Damn time flies by.

On February 24th someone twitted or whatever Rei Hiroe asking if he's still working on Black Lagoon. He proceeded to answer "Of course. I am working now."

It's kind of pathetic how THIS is an update, and more pathetic that it's actually exciting.

We're just weeks away from the English version of Volume 10 releasing. Kind of a shame they aren't doing the limited edition in the US too. I just hope this guy has his board waxed because this release really is the last motivational wave for him to ride. When I get my copy of Volume 10 I'll probably read maybe a few pages per week to really drag it out. I've already binged Jormungand a year ago and I'm almost caught up with the Gangsta manga (replacement therapy).

Anyone else dying out there?
Mar 15, 2015 4:57 PM
Jan 2015
UPDATE: Rei Hiroe tweeted on 3-8-15 that work is underway, but slower than we think, due to numerous factors.

-_-

This sucks. I think this guy needs a batch of mind altering drugs and a Netflix account to get some inspiration. Instead of working on new material, he's beating Black Lagoon to death with an ugly stick with all the merchandising. Tomorrow on 3-16-15 they're launching what I believe is an online arcade game, although the site also shows an actual arcade machine on one page so I'm not sure what it is.

He also mentioned the word "pachi" in it which I think is a short version of the word pachisi, which is an Indian boardgame. Us in the West call it parcheesi, which is most recognizable by my generation as the boardgame "Sorry!" which is a dope game. It's fitting too because of how Rock rolls the dice against other mob bosses and they make moves against each other etc..

I fear we won't see another chapter released soon. It seems Rei Hiroe deflects when asked about it. We're now five (5) weeks out from Volume 10 being released in English. I worry that this procrastination is going to drag on even further and he's only going to buckle down when he hits the no-excuse deadline which would be the one year anniversary of the very last volume released, which would be April 21, 2016. Not an unrealistic prediction, since Hiroe's hiatuses are of the slippery slope nature. So depressing. I've binged so many anime since BL stopped and it still kills me knowing that of all the shows in my life, an anime, particularly my favorite anime, is slowly diminishing into an unfinished work.
Apr 22, 2015 3:22 PM

May 2009
S4?

T_T

I didn't even realise the manga was still under publication!
How closely has it been adapted?
If I do pick it up, where should I pick it up from?
KundaliniApr 22, 2015 3:33 PM
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Apr 22, 2015 3:25 PM

Aug 2014
S4? Where was S3?

Am I blind ._.
Apr 22, 2015 3:26 PM

Jan 2012
Fake

Apr 22, 2015 6:30 PM
Jan 2015
It's real, it's just from a year ago. Volume 10 just released this week but it was just the English version; nothing new has come out since February 2014. Author took a break.

I was hoping he would start again once the new volume dropped in the US but he contracted tonsilitis and he won't be drawing too soon.
Apr 30, 2015 5:36 PM

Oct 2013
Black Lagoon is so underrated, I never even knew this trailer was around until now. I really want to get my hands on volumes 9 and 10 (I own the rest).
Apr 30, 2015 7:05 PM
Jan 2015
Go for it, they're good. I'm not a gullible person, but it in the afterword the author claims there hasn't been any material released in a year because of "slow production pace". It's hard to believe Viz or Sunday GX are just sitting on a year worth of chapters since BL is on of their top earners.
Jun 5, 2015 12:48 PM

Oct 2014

I doubt we get any of it this year though.
Jun 5, 2015 1:04 PM

Sep 2014

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

seita - Aug 23, 2008

132 by Scarface_1 »»
Apr 16, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

djinn_690 - May 25, 2008

141 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

slashed - Feb 27, 2008

164 by ReyanshManta »»
Mar 29, 10:30 AM

» Sub or dub? ( 1 2 )

Headpatts - Oct 17, 2022

50 by Kirino »»
Mar 2, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 16, 2008

81 by bubba460z »»
Feb 20, 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.