Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 19, 2009 11:29 PM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eeee...one more to go and Alicia has been captured by the Evil prince who just keeps killing everyone!!! Jager NOoooooo!!!
Sep 19, 2009 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
With 1 more episode left, i think they are going to defeat Maximilian to finish everything up. I just hope that both Alicia and Welkin will survive to the end.
ShanaFlameSep 20, 2009 1:24 AM
Sep 20, 2009 1:00 AM

Apr 2009
Alicia did wonderful this episode. Until the end and now Maxi has her >.<
Maximillian is quite the umm yeah .. almost nuts =P
Jager seems like hes down, which sucks =(

Sep 20, 2009 7:38 AM

Sep 2007
Ok...
So different from the game...
And it's really bad. :/
Sep 23, 2009 12:59 AM

Apr 2008
Can people STOP comparing the anime to the game please? Some of us have watched only this (like me) and frankly it's damn good so far
Sep 24, 2009 3:54 AM

Sep 2007
Sorry, same if you don't compare the game (who i don't have played) and the anime, you can see this episode is just bad.
Don't cover your eyes... It's bad, it's bad...
Sep 24, 2009 4:13 AM

Feb 2008
I loved that episode and I hope that Jager isn't dead, he's my favorite bad guy and has been since the first episode I saw him.
Sep 24, 2009 5:41 AM
Jul 2009
cool!
Sep 24, 2009 6:12 AM

May 2008
That giant spear was the best in the episode, and at least Faldio was shown again.
Sep 24, 2009 6:21 AM

Aug 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Can people STOP comparing the anime to the game please? Some of us have watched only this (like me) and frankly it's damn good so far

Good luck with that. lol Comparing is almost needed in the world. :P

Plus you are asking way too much there. Next manga and Visual Novels readers will actually stop comparing to the anime. >.>

Anyway not a bad episode. I have to say I didn't like how they did several things in the episode, but man Maximillion was great in this episode. I love facial expressions. The man be crazy. :D
Sep 24, 2009 6:39 AM

Apr 2009
No Edelweiss in this was kind of a let down good overall.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Sep 24, 2009 8:09 AM
Aug 2009
Sad to see that its coming to an end.
Liked the anime thus far..
26 episode is really kinda of short ...
Sep 24, 2009 8:11 AM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, awesome episode ! So Maximilian had a trauma like Lelouch ? That scene really made me laugh... "Damn you, Brittania", well no... "Damn you, Central" ^^

It's also very surprising Alicia was able to deflect one shot. The marmota with the legendary spear is supposed to be invincible, and a front attack would completely be suicide...

Jaeger is dead ? Shit, now i hate Maximilian even more than in the game :X
And Alicia is taken hostage ? I really hope they'll find some time in the last for Welkin's confession ^^
Sep 24, 2009 9:42 AM

Nov 2008
Wonder why Squad 7 didn't bring the tank with them. Could've helped some.
So lazor neutralizes lazor. I'll remember that. Alicia was pretty badass there, too
Yes, we still need that confession from Welkin! It's obvious that he likes her but it's not official until he says it :P

Uh, overall, lots of action this time around, probably the most in any episode so far.
Sep 24, 2009 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
Maximilian is insane, rofl. God, if Welkin doesn't confess in the last episode I swear....-___-
Sep 24, 2009 10:18 AM

Aug 2008
Bad episode. Two more twists to add to the lame parade that has been marching on for the past few weeks. I'm tempted to drop this to a four, but I'll wait until next week. Also, when Edelweiss is most needed it's nowhere to be found, and Jaeger get's an afterthought of a backstory for very little reason...so many plot holes.
Sep 24, 2009 12:14 PM
Mar 2009
Why the hell would someone stand straight up during crossfire? That guy was so stupid...

OMFG! Marina TALKED!!

Maximillian looked deranged and when he made that insane face, it reminded me so much of Lelouch's deranged face. There's no way they would kill off Jaegar...I think.

Judging from the preview, it looks like everyone from Squad 7 lives the battle. Even that idiot Emile.
Sep 24, 2009 12:54 PM

Jul 2008
not really special. it was clear that alicia didnt die, so not a big suprise. and jaegers death could be a bit better though>< so i hope the last one will make a big happy end. dont think that there could be some big twists coming anymore.

Sep 24, 2009 3:00 PM

Jan 2009
Well the anime is based upon the manga but yeah a bit odd.

I hope the ending is the game route though.
Sep 24, 2009 4:37 PM

Jul 2008
O.o
oki big spear shoots big laser....
lolz i liked the anime at first but this was uhmm idk just didnt rly quite like it
i just hope next episode will have a very good ending
Sep 24, 2009 8:44 PM

Jun 2008
ChronosXIII said:

OMFG! Marina TALKED!!

Such a sexy strong looking girl and we had to wait until now to hear a few words from her mouth.

The episode was good and bad.
Maximilian has become a complete Lelouch.Completely out of his mind and now the empire also killed his mother(hmm...were have i seen this before) and he wants revenge and power. All we are missing is a small blind sister. I guess they knew something when they chose voice actors. Maximilian of the Empire commands you....

The episode had a lot of action and excitement but i have to object to the stupid way of fighting. Really you don't have to be a commando to realize that even when you shoot you shoot under cover. You don't just stand like fucking Rambo. I didn't see one scene of them shooting while hiding. That's so unrealistic. Not to mention Faldio doing sniper shots while driving. Are you kidding me?
Alicia went head to head with super atomic power spear. Her power now is over 9000!!!!! but hey it was fun watching Maximilian making Lelouch despair faces.
Let's hope for a good last episode.
Sep 24, 2009 8:48 PM

Sep 2008
if they had a big gigantic spear in the first place why didnt they use it first!¡?
and the spear couldnt take down a half concius alicia who was badly hurt and became aware of her powers a couple of days ago
the good part, daemon was killed, i didnt realized last chapter }, but that bastard is dead!!!
hope the confecion goes well welkin. gamare
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 24, 2009 9:26 PM

Apr 2008
Maximilian is too greedy for power o-olll

One beam from Alicia can neutralise a beam from a big spear o_o

Sep 24, 2009 10:07 PM
Dec 2008
Zero_r2 said:
if they had a big gigantic spear in the first place why didnt they use it first!¡?

It's because it hasn't been completed yet, until now. I wonder if Selvaria or Alicia can carry that huge spear... Hell, I wonder how their ancestors used that thing, another huge tank? 0_o

The episode was predictable. I was at least hoping to see the edelweiss in play, but noooo~ they wanted do it the hard way. And nice trolling Jaeger, if it wasn't for you, Welkin and friends would have been totally wasted. Hope your not dead yet
gnodabSep 24, 2009 10:11 PM
Sep 25, 2009 3:25 AM

Dec 2008
This episode had some problems but I enjoyed it anyways. I wonder how they are going to decide to end this.

(Also wonder if we get to see an epilogue.)
Sep 25, 2009 4:10 AM

Jun 2008
Zero_r2 said:
and the spear couldnt take down a half concius alicia who was badly hurt and became aware of her powers a couple of days ago
the good part, daemon was killed, i didnt realized last chapter }, but that bastard is dead!!!
hope the confecion goes well welkin. gamare

You aren't paying much attention when you watch, do you?

The spear was in disguise as a tower in the Galia palace. They didn't had it. They took it that moment.
And Daemon was clearly shown dying in the last episode. I even put a picture of his death in my post last week.
Sep 25, 2009 5:19 AM

Nov 2007
Well 1 more episode left =O time to save Alicia xD
Sep 25, 2009 6:15 AM

Apr 2009
This ep freaking blows.

Seriously, it's way to rushed, the animation is pretty bad, and how the hell could they make Maximilian kill Jaeger, while in the game

They also cut one of my favorite scenes from the game

They are changing way to much from the game.. and just for the worse. And how things is going, they'll probably skip the game's last boss, but if they don't next ep will be rushed as hell. But I guess it will be anyway.
KexieSep 25, 2009 6:18 AM
Sep 25, 2009 9:00 AM

Jul 2009
I don't care about the game, never played it, and never want to compare it to the anime, even though the anime was based on the game, so i think it's a good episode and a great series, and i enjoyed it pretty much..
Sep 25, 2009 5:15 PM

May 2009
Ehhh. Kexilizard summed up my feelings.

Laevantein said:
I don't care about the game, never played it, and never want to compare it to the anime, even though the anime was based on the game, so i think it's a good episode and a great series, and i enjoyed it pretty much..

That's a shame. The game is simply outstanding and a diamond in the rough in a sea of lackluster titles out there. Can't really blame fans for being critical on how the anime is being treated--although most of us knew this would happen to begin with.

Though, I must say, at least the anime is broadening the series to a bigger audience and it has boosted the sales of the game a bit more in the process...so I highly recommend everyone that has enjoyed the anime to buy and try out the PS3 game ( New, as a matter of fact ) to support Valkyria Chronicles.~

Sep 25, 2009 5:21 PM

Jul 2009
Gringa said:

Laevantein said:

That's a shame. The game is simply outstanding and a diamond in the rough in a sea of lackluster titles out there. Can't really blame fans for being critical on how the anime is being treated--although most of us knew this would happen to begin with.

Though, I must say, at least the anime is broadening the series to a bigger audience and it has boosted the sales of the game a bit more in the process...so I highly recommend everyone that has enjoyed the anime to buy and try out the PS3 game ( New, as a matter of fact ) to support Valkyria Chronicles.~
I loved to play the game, and see for myself why fans are complaining about the series, and yeah i get irritated when my favorite game adapted into anime and the anime screwed it, remember Star Ocean EX? heck it was worse than Valkyria Chronicle
Sep 25, 2009 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
So ridiculous... Seriously...

AND WTF IS MARINA DOING WITH A RIFLE WITHOUT A SNIPER SCOPE?
Sep 25, 2009 5:36 PM

Aug 2008
ShiroiRyu said:
Sorry, same if you don't compare the game (who i don't have played) and the anime, you can see this episode is just bad.
Don't cover your eyes... It's bad, it's bad...

Well, we don't want your retarded opinion.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Sep 25, 2009 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
Gringa said:

Laevantein said:

I also recommend supporting The Valkyria Chronicles game. The makers already said they might make another PS3 Valkyria game if sales are good. (they were referring to sales for the upcoming psp valkyria game but it doesn't really matter how you support them.)
Sep 25, 2009 6:14 PM

May 2009
I loved to play the game, and see for myself why fans are complaining about the series, and yeah i get irritated when my favorite game adapted into anime and the anime screwed it, remember Star Ocean EX? heck it was worse than Valkyria Chronicle

Ahh, true true. I nearly forgot Star Ocean. Well, in all honesty, it feels like a double-edge sword to me. On one hand, the animes feel so sloppily put together to try to be different from their game counterpart, but on the other it can actually be beneficial, like I stated in my last post. ...AND on a third hand, it is nice to see more of these series even if it is different and in animation. Haha. Very complicated and I wish I knew more of the details in the game-to-anime switch.

saxophone said:
I also recommend supporting The Valkyria Chronicles game. The makers already said they might make another PS3 Valkyria game if sales are good. (they were referring to sales for the upcoming psp valkyria game but it doesn't really matter how you support them.)

Indeed. Nowadays previous games that weren't too successful on the consoles are downgraded and thrown on a handheld (Example: Okami, Final Fantasy Tactics). Sad thing is, I'm sure I'll buy the PSP sequel it and enjoy it in some way. x_x

Whew, long comment and I believe I might've gotten a tad off topic, my apologies. On another note, despite my mixed feelings of this anime, I do hope we see an anime with the next game.~

Sep 25, 2009 6:31 PM

May 2008
Hans is Welkin's precious companion xD love the preview

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Sep 25, 2009 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
Darklight0303 said:

I did not played the game and I feel that it wasn't suposed to go this way since almost nothing made sense.

What is bad about an anime original is that when you write a story the earlier event are supposed to affect the rest of the story in one way, that is what we call developement. When the developement don't occur the way it was suposed to be some element who happened earlier are left out and/or have no correlation with this original part when they would have been important element in the normal storyline.

Character's personality are build on a lot of thing and are often badly interpreted in the anime original material, sometime because of some things are ommited or added, it can totaly destroy the real personnality of the character and sometime even scratch the story because this X development resolve about things who haven't had enough emphasis or is contradictory with added things.

Writing a story is not easy unlike some people think it is, you need to construct your character, your world, add developement at good place and put a different enphasis on each element (too much or not enough can totaly destroy a mood). It is even harder to change a story midway and frankly, anime studio suck at this =/.

I can't understand why they want to adapt something and change part of it, you can't just change something in a story without having useless material who would have been goog material in the normal story or lacking of material because the scenarist just decided to added something HE tough would make sense in HIS interpretation of the story.
If they don't want to adapt it completetly ( I can understand when you lack material from on-going shows/novel/manga, but now we are talking about a freacking game) they can just do something without adapting anything...
Sep 26, 2009 9:59 AM

May 2008
I kinda knew what was going to happen,
alicia to the rescue, jaeger will get shot etc.

but nice ep. loved the war scenes, actions etc
hopefully jaeger didnt die.

last episode, meaning time for confession? ^^
Sep 29, 2009 1:20 PM

Oct 2007
it just seems....the serie lost the focus....a guy saving a girl as ending....oh we all know how it will turn out....

SIDE NOTE:

its really frustrating seeing THERE ISNT ANY SNIPER in squad 7 (i dont see one here, they are just all running and spaming bullets and hope for the best)...what happened to all the strategy Welkin is known for? all i see is running from rock to rock and dodging bullets somehow....this feels just like D-Day Normandy landing...
Sep 29, 2009 3:04 PM

Nov 2008
Aspha said:

SIDE NOTE:

its really frustrating seeing THERE ISNT ANY SNIPER in squad 7 (i dont see one here, they are just all running and spaming bullets and hope for the best)...what happened to all the strategy Welkin is known for? all i see is running from rock to rock and dodging bullets somehow....this feels just like D-Day Normandy landing...

There are characters who are sniper-class in the game (Marina is one of them, Emile and Oscar might be too, I'm not sure) but they certainly don't snipe anything in the anime. It took forever before Largo and Jann got to carry rocket-lance-things too.
Oct 3, 2009 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
so alicia is alive, but captured, and jaeger got shot, and status unknown; squad 7 with faldio preparing for a final assualt, this is really exciting
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Oct 4, 2009 9:32 AM

May 2009
HOLY **** i hope jeager isnt death ;'(, oh and maximallian is startin 2 freak me out XD
Oct 5, 2009 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Hmm.. Now that's smart ain't it? Emile, don't look away from the field of battle while you're still fighting =.=' ばか

Oh and the prince is just so damn evil, he's awesome >: D (If I were a girl, I would be fangirling over him xD)

So, the Valkyrur were actually the bad guys?: O
Now that was a pretty sweet surprise now wasn't it?

Baaaaaaawwww Jaeger, you fool, just had to disagree and go being shot by Maximillian?

Lol Faldio, how unexpected xD..
And hey I didn't know he was a sniper xD

Last episode incoming now : >
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 6, 2009 3:08 AM

Apr 2009
Monad said:
ChronosXIII said:

OMFG! Marina TALKED!!

Such a sexy strong looking girl and we had to wait until now to hear a few words from her mouth.

^This

Laevantein said:
i think it's a good episode and a great series, and i enjoyed it pretty much..

^and this... although i am so going to play the game afterwards
Fabrice said:

last episode, meaning time for confession? ^^

^and definitely this

last episode... HERE. WE. GO!
Oct 6, 2009 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
That Maximilian needs to be stopped, boy did he turn out to be twisted. Me thinks that it's time for a confession next episode. Can't believe there is only one more left.

R.I.P. Jager
Oct 8, 2009 6:41 PM
Feb 2009
aww they should hav used edelwiess here
Oct 8, 2009 10:08 PM

Jan 2009
Setsia said:
aww they should hav used edelwiess here

Uh sure, it's a reasonably useful tank, but it isn't indestructible you know x)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 17, 2009 7:51 AM

Jul 2008
Lelouch is writing his own path of carnage.
Dec 20, 2009 5:00 PM

Jul 2007
This episode really annoyed me.

Why was it so obvious that Maxmilion was gonna shot Jaeger. Why didn't he just shot him this first time he questioned him rather than stringing it out the whole episode. Where's all the strategy gone? Where are all the civilians while all this fighting and destruction is going on within their city?! There just so many things, some small, some big which don't work or add up.

I guess I was right for holding out on finishing this series. Damn I'm so disappointed and frustrated with this series, just glad I've only got one more episode to go.
Mar 10, 2010 3:49 AM

Mar 2007
NUKE NUKE NUKE!! :)
Nukes r awesum!

That sword is kind of ridiculous just like the thank. Insane leader is insane. Took him long enough to show it though, which is good. Nice 15 second clip of Maximillian's past. Amazing how they can make a backstory last 10 seconds or 30 minutes. If only every backstory for every anime was 10 seconds long. Alot of anime time would be saved.

Cant believe that dudes brother died.

Tem-Inburn said:
This episode really annoyed me. Why was it so obvious that Maxmilian was gonna shoot Jaeger. Why didn't he just shot him the first time he questioned him rather than stringing it out the whole episode.

B/C He's pretty much the last high ranking officer he has in his crew since he pretty much abandoned the Empire.

Tem-Inburn said:
Where's all the strategy gone?

How much strategy do you think they can string in 20 minutes? Have you been watching the past few episodes? Although it would be nice its obvious they're focusing on completing the story rather than making this another 10 episodes. Also, what strategy can there be when they're trying to run into the impossible tank? Nothing but run and cover tactics. How fun would that be to watch? Run 10 feet, hide, cover fire, repeat. Strategy complete!

Tem-Inburn said:
Where are all the civilians while all this fighting and destruction is going on within their city?!

They've obviously fled or holed up in their homes. Do you think they would be running around the streets if a giant rediculous tank is plowing through town AND imps all over? Do you think they're going to put up arms and fight back? After seeing that tank blow up the mountain? Did you forget most of the fighting force was over at Ghrildanioa or however spell it. Alot of angles and possibilities.

Tem-Inburn said:
I guess I was right for holding out on finishing this series. Damn I'm so disappointed and frustrated with this series, just glad I've only got one more episode to go.

You sir are a troll... complaining about anime things in an anime. And i am a fool replying to all your whine.
RanivusMar 10, 2010 4:00 AM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.