3It was OK
18.2%
2Disliked it
9.1%
1Hated it
9.1%
Average 3.8
22 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2009 7:51 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Huh? Is that it? Well i read Ami picked Keisuke in the first place, but huh? what happened next! damn is that all?
Mar 31, 2010 2:00 AM
Feb 2010
Well, kinda disappointing that this was the ending. Well, in the end the swimming results wouldn't matter since they swam to compete for Ami in the first place isn't it?

But it's really sad that their past didn't really play a part in their relationship and Keisuke's feelings were not reflected.

Kind of unconclusive and conclusive at the same time.
Jan 3, 2011 12:20 AM

Jul 2007
I think the ending was just perfect. It leaves u wondering, but a feeling of slight emptiness at it finishing. Nevertheless u feel happy that she chose him, and those last few panels, just great :)
Jan 26, 2011 3:35 PM

Apr 2009
Man im gonna stop Adachi's manga, it's always a good ride but the endings are so disappointing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Aug 16, 2011 2:54 PM
Jan 2011
I mean even if it dosnt change her feelings I still want to know who won.
Jan 5, 2012 7:54 PM

Jun 2010
Oh well.. I'll just assume that Keisuke won since Ami choose the winner.
Jan 25, 2012 2:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
jasvanth said:
I think the ending was just perfect. It leaves u wondering, but a feeling of slight emptiness at it finishing. Nevertheless u feel happy that she chose him, and those last few panels, just great :)
Exactly how I feel. I really enjoyed this manga!
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Feb 5, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2009
I feel happy that she chose him but still, a very bad ending. This 'let the readers wonder' is bullshit.
For me, this manga was a 9~9.5 up until the end. Now I can't even give it a 8.

What a disappointment.
Jan 7, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2009
Well, didn't Ami say that her favourite wouldn't lose, but win?! ;)

It was a good read. Love Adachi))!
Oct 24, 2014 1:17 AM

Jan 2013
Wonderful ending. Adachi makes the best open endings. Period.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 11, 2016 8:01 AM

Jul 2012
Honestly, this manga had such a "rough" start. So much random ecchi scenes with Ninomiya. So irritating. Once they had their "date", it got MUCH better. Like, exceptionally good. I read that chapter (I think it was 11 or 12?) up to the last chapter in one sitting.

Adachi's skill is just so great though... Unfortunately, he sucks at writing new characters because the main two leads act just like the main two from Cross Game. And it always is very subtle romance, as in they act like they hate each other but they don't. Another thing with the characters is that Nakinachi (I can't spell his name oops) is a dickhead... He was really cool at first but turned into shit.

I'd like to score this an 8/10 but I'm a bit iffy. It was good overall but I don't know if it's that great. Especially the inconclusive ending...

Xellos88 said:
Man im gonna stop Adachi's manga, it's always a good ride but the endings are so disappointing
yeah LOL
Jun 11, 2016 12:28 PM

Jan 2013
Mayuka said:

Adachi's skill is just so great though... Unfortunately, he sucks at writing new characters because the main two leads act just like the main two from Cross Game. And it always is very subtle romance, as in they act like they hate each other but they don't.

Yeah one can say Adachi writes more or less the same manga over and over again. Though the main characters in what I believe is his longest as well as best manga, H2, are a bit more diverse. The romance part is as subtle as his other manga, mind.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 12, 2016 4:31 AM

Jul 2012
Trequartista said:
Mayuka said:

Adachi's skill is just so great though... Unfortunately, he sucks at writing new characters because the main two leads act just like the main two from Cross Game. And it always is very subtle romance, as in they act like they hate each other but they don't.

Yeah one can say Adachi writes more or less the same manga over and over again. Though the main characters in what I believe is his longest as well as best manga, H2, are a bit more diverse. The romance part is as subtle as his other manga, mind.
Yup. Despite that, I still enjoyed it and it was quite different compared to Cross Game overall.

Can't wait to start h2.
Oct 30, 2018 7:58 AM
Aug 2018
Damn, that ending was disappointing and leaves me behind with an unsatisfied feeling..

Even during the ski vaction, she couldn't decide. Most of the time it looked like she favorited Nakanishi, especially after his accident. And back at the ski vacation, she also told Keisuke that she loved him. So it was almost the same as with the tape.

When she met the old guy again, I thought he would tell some more stories about their past, since he might have remembered something new.

The conflict between the families remains unresolved, Ami decided on who knows what, Nakanishis reactions are unclear.

I somewhat liked the story overall, but that open ending is just disappointing.
Are all of Adachis stories (manga/anime) that open ended? Thinking about H2 and Cross Game here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rough Chapter 1 Discussion

Laevantein - Sep 18, 2009

2 by umjis »»
Feb 3, 2021 5:50 AM

Poll: » Rough Chapter 15 Discussion

1 by aa-dono »»
Jan 10, 2017 12:34 AM

Poll: » Rough Chapter 14 Discussion

1 by aa-dono »»
Jan 10, 2017 12:26 AM

Poll: » Rough Chapter 13 Discussion

1 by aa-dono »»
Jan 10, 2017 12:13 AM

Poll: » Rough Chapter 11 Discussion

aa-dono - Jan 9, 2017

0 by aa-dono »»
Jan 9, 2017 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.