Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Nov 3, 2009 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Shinji Ikari's sexaul orientation????????????
Bi, but he prefers boys. He also has a strangling fetish.
Nov 3, 2009 10:58 AM

Jul 2008
What is up with kissing on the hair or even on an eye?
Nov 3, 2009 11:42 AM

Apr 2009
Kissing on hair is pretty normal? And I've never seen anyone kiss an eye :P

Chinlamp said:
Why do harem females always bash the shit out of the guys when it's the females fault?

School Days is The example of a harem where the guy is at fault and never is bashed, so does it work the other way around too?
js930Nov 3, 2009 11:49 AM
Nov 3, 2009 3:55 PM

Jul 2009
Mari-chan said:
What is up with kissing on the hair or even on an eye?

do you mean grabbing some strands of his/her hair and kissing it? because other than that its pretty normal...eye huh?
Nov 3, 2009 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
Why do the directors/producers/editors/w/e always silenced the important words and then soon after they tell or reveal what those words are.

What is the point of that?
Giving it a mystery to guess?
Or figure it and think the word is "I Love You"
Nov 3, 2009 4:17 PM

Dec 2007
classicalzawa said:
How did Reinhard von Lohengramm's hair grow that fast in less than 100 days or so?

I asked that same question.

I was spoiled.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Nov 3, 2009 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
lKaireNl said:
Why do the directors/producers/editors/w/e always silenced the important words and then soon after they tell or reveal what those words are.

What is the point of that?
Giving it a mystery to guess?
Or figure it and think the word is "I Love You"
Because if they reveal a major plot point in the first five minutes of the opening episode, it's no longer a major plot point.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Nov 3, 2009 10:33 PM

Oct 2008
why all of the good anime out there have such low number of episodes :( ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Nov 3, 2009 10:41 PM

Oct 2009
sirxazor said:

It depends on people who watched them. Some shows like Naruto and One Piece are examples of "good" long-running shws, at least to the fanboys and fangirls anyway.
Nov 4, 2009 12:33 AM
Oct 2009
What happened to Faye and Jet after Spike left?

Whos Keep on funding the Naruto franchise? jkzz
Nov 4, 2009 1:19 AM

Mar 2009
sirxazor said:

Because there is not enough demand or it's not popular enough. Otherwise, it can be because the production company dropped it or the script was only written up to the point enough for -insert number- episodes.
Nov 4, 2009 2:32 AM

Jun 2008
How did Cal in 'Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ grow so damn fast.
Nov 4, 2009 2:36 AM

Mar 2009
StrangeBlackCat said:
How did Cal in 'Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ grow so damn fast.

She took too many growth hormone pills.
Nov 4, 2009 3:30 AM

Aug 2009
Why anime guy's are so horny?
Nov 4, 2009 4:10 AM

Oct 2009
Why shoujo mangas treated women like crap? As if being female is a shame.
Nov 4, 2009 4:24 AM

Aug 2009
Why does everyone hate school days?
Nov 4, 2009 4:26 AM

Oct 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
XxdoobxX said:
Because it is. As an aside what shojo manga are you reading?

Quite lot. Some of them are the infamous works of Shinjou Mayu.
Nov 4, 2009 4:40 AM

Mar 2009
XxdoobxX said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
XxdoobxX said:
Because it is. As an aside what shojo manga are you reading?

Quite lot. Some of them are the infamous works of Shinjou Mayu.

If you read Shinjo Mayu's works, always expect the sexual exploitation of female characters. Expect the female chars' stupidity and expect the male chars to be perverts.
Nov 4, 2009 4:46 AM

Aug 2009
Why are there no commies in Anime?
Nov 4, 2009 4:48 AM

Oct 2009
lKaireNl said:

First Squad have lots of them. In fact they are good guys against Nazis.
Nov 4, 2009 4:50 AM

Aug 2009
XxdoobxX said:
lKaireNl said:

First Squad have lots of them. In fact they are good guys against Nazis.

Oh ok.
This brings up to the next question.
How come nearly every anime most of the characters are such assholes?
Nov 4, 2009 5:00 AM

Mar 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
lKaireNl said:
This brings up to the next question.
How come nearly every anime most of the characters are such assholes?
Because you're watching the wrong anime. I think you watched too few anime to be making "nearly every", or similar, statements.

True. Not 'nearly every anime' have most chars who are assholes. It would be correct to say most anime would definitely have at least 1 asshole though.
Nov 4, 2009 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
ShadowbladeEdge said:
AlexisSolitaire said:
True. Not 'nearly every anime' have most chars who are assholes. It would be correct to say most anime would definitely have at least 1 asshole though.
As would pretty much every story with an antagonist, so...
Not necessarily. Sometimes a suppporting character to the main character can been an a.ss.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Nov 7, 2009 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
sbyrstall said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
AlexisSolitaire said:
Not necessarily. Sometimes a suppporting character to the main character can been an a.ss.

There are several supporting characters who are annoying as hell/asses, like Matsuda (Death Note).
Nov 7, 2009 3:36 AM

Jun 2009
AlexisSolitaire said:
sbyrstall said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
AlexisSolitaire said:

There are several supporting characters who are annoying as hell/asses, like Matsuda (Death Note).

NUU NOT MADSUDA. he's goods. I can think of a few main characters that are annoying/assholes, especially in death Note. Hmm lemme think who that is....
kitty_ninjaNov 7, 2009 3:44 AM
Nov 8, 2009 1:41 PM

May 2009
AlexisSolitaire said:
sbyrstall said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
AlexisSolitaire said:

Matsuda is God!
Nov 8, 2009 10:32 PM

Mar 2009
TR_Purin said:
AlexisSolitaire said:
sbyrstall said:
ShadowbladeEdge said:
AlexisSolitaire said:

Matsuda is God!

No idea how you guys can like him or even call him a God. To each his own.
Nov 27, 2009 5:51 AM

May 2009
Why anime characters have such disproportionately big, but strangely good-looking, eyes.
Yukime-chanNov 27, 2009 5:54 AM
Nov 27, 2009 5:52 AM

Mar 2009
Yukime-chan said:
Why anime characters have such big, but strangely good-looking, eyes.

Because the eyes are used to express the emotions experienced or felt by the characters.
Dec 5, 2009 3:30 AM

Nov 2009
do ash and misty etc....... eat pokemon??? seriously.. how does a fried pidgey taste??
Dec 5, 2009 10:08 AM

Apr 2008
SniFear said:
do ash and misty etc....... eat pokemon??? seriously.. how does a fried pidgey taste??

Probably. I mean. there are discussions of eating Pokemon in the games. (That's why Farfetch'd are so rare--they're supposed to be absolutely delicious.) They probably just don't mention it so they can avoid scaring the kiddies. The thought of "Pikachu a la King" wonld probably traumatize the poor buggers.

To answer the second part of your question, fried pidgey would probably be delicious.

---

I have a question myself. Why are there so many teen mothers (or at least mothers who would have been in their teens when they first started having children) in anime? I'd imagine it has something to do with Japan's obsession with youthfulness (not exclusive to Japan, obviously) as evinced by the "Christmas Cake Theory," which basically means once a woman is over 25, she's considered undesirable for marriage. Still, I find it slightly disturbing. (Not that "Christmas Cake Theory" isn't either, in my opinion. Thankfully, the belief is slightly less common now, from what I've heard.)
frogurtDec 5, 2009 10:18 AM
Dec 5, 2009 7:28 PM

Nov 2009
frogurt said:
SniFear said:

Probably. I mean. there are discussions of eating Pokemon in the games. (That's why Farfetch'd are so rare--they're supposed to be absolutely delicious.) They probably just don't mention it so they can avoid scaring the kiddies. The thought of "Pikachu a la King" wonld probably traumatize the poor buggers.

To answer the second part of your question, fried pidgey would probably be delicious.

---

I have a question myself. Why are there so many teen mothers (or at least mothers who would have been in their teens when they first started having children) in anime? I'd imagine it has something to do with Japan's obsession with youthfulness (not exclusive to Japan, obviously) as evinced by the "Christmas Cake Theory," which basically means once a woman is over 25, she's considered undesirable for marriage. Still, I find it slightly disturbing. (Not that "Christmas Cake Theory" isn't either, in my opinion. Thankfully, the belief is slightly less common now, from what I've heard.)

lol make sense on the farfetch'ed one XD.......
Dec 21, 2009 6:14 PM

Jun 2009
why do people hate rose from full metal alchemist?
"everyone knows that the last toes are always the coldest to go."

Telavators-the mars volta
Dec 22, 2009 10:15 AM

Jun 2008
Lordcrab86 said:
why do people hate rose from full metal alchemist?
I would think because she was most favorite disciple of the "priest". If you go by the first series, I couldn't give you a reason because it's non-canonical.

I know this has been answered, but as I'm watching Nyan Koi, I never understand why the main male character just doesn't make his feelings known to the main female character.

Dec 22, 2009 10:18 AM

Apr 2009
Why will nobody watch Princess Tutu?
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.
Dec 22, 2009 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
Why can't I read page 29??

Dec 22, 2009 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
Why do they get nose bleeds instead of bonners?
Dec 22, 2009 3:16 PM

Dec 2009
How come in Hokuto no Ken, there was a nuclear war so fucking big the seas dried up, and yet only one year after shit hit the fan, people roam the surface without getting sick?
Dec 23, 2009 4:07 AM

Jun 2008
Nitre said:
Why does moving a sword produce a metallic sound, even if you're just holding it in your hand?
It's just a cool effect. It somehow makes the sword seem powerful.

Dec 23, 2009 10:19 AM

Apr 2008
CDRW said:
Why will nobody watch Princess Tutu?

Because it's girly and a kiddie show, and therefore not worth watching. </sarcasm>

EcchiEcho said:
Why do they get nose bleeds instead of boners?

Probably censorship issues. I don't think Japan is quite as liberal about sexual content as some believe. (Still more liberal than the US, though.)
frogurtDec 23, 2009 10:25 AM
Dec 23, 2009 11:29 AM

Apr 2009
^Because emo simon

You should ignore the top anime page, the top manga page is, on the other hand, quite accurate. Lots of great manga and manwha are as highranked as they should be
Dec 28, 2009 11:02 AM

Feb 2009
For example when girls are worried why do they grab their skirts, well, difficult to explain..
Dec 28, 2009 4:12 PM

Aug 2009
do anime creators have a fetish for sick people?
Dec 28, 2009 9:08 PM

Oct 2009
sbyrstall said:
Why can't I read page 29??

Same reason why you can't read page 30.. >.>

frogurt said:

Well, I would guess that maybe authors find animes more attractive to audiences if the characters are younger... I mean, I guess they don't want to have a 40 year old pregnant mother or anything as a main character surrounded by teenagers or something.. Plus, teen pregnancies are always part of drama which can add to the plot I suppose.

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism
Dec 28, 2009 9:12 PM

Jul 2009
WTF C.C's name is (from Code Geass). IF YOU KNOW, DO NOT TELL ME.
Dec 29, 2009 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
ShadowbladeEdge said:
Lordcrab86 said:
here's another one:

why is that in most shojo manga/anime the female lead falls in love with the asshole instead of the nice guy?
Because that's how it is in real life.

Because a lot of girls/ women want to be the one girl who could change the asshole into a nice guy. If he was nice from the beginning then there isn't the same level of excitement/ challenge.
Also a lot of times asshole guys in anime have deeper personal issues that made them that way, which makes them more intriguing somehow.
Jan 28, 2010 11:52 AM

May 2009
Why Suzaku or Kallen or anyone who are close to Lelouch
haven't recognized him as Zero. I thought they would have recognized his voice when he's standing as Zero. It's not like he's using a voice modulator, is he?

On the same note, why no one recognizes the identity of the Sailor Soldiers even though they looked exactly the same save for the change of clothes.
Jan 29, 2010 12:19 PM

Sep 2008
why is moe so damn cute
Jan 29, 2010 8:09 PM

Aug 2009
sbyrstall said:

I know this has been answered, but as I'm watching Nyan Koi, I never understand why the main male character just doesn't make his feelings known to the main female character.

I do the artwork for my college's newspaper and we have a Japanese exchange student on the writing staff. I was assigned to draw something for her article, which was about the differences in dating American men and Japanese men. I think it relates to what your asking. Allow me to quote parts of it:

~"In Japanese culture, a girl has to guess what her male friend is feeling. Japanese people are expected to use their imaginations to understand and communicate with others without any open discussion. They may put more importance on what is not said and what is said"
~"In Japan, the tradition of 'ladies first' is not part of the culture, so Japanese men don't treat their girlfriends like princesses"
~"What is more, Japanese men don't often say 'I love you.' It's no wonder why many Japanese women worry and wonder if their boyfriends seriously love them"

I now have this overwhelming feeling that shoujo fangirls are reading this in complete disbelief as shoujo anime/manga that they're obsessed with make male leads seem like the men of their dreams. Also they have an Asian obssesion lol

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Jan 29, 2010 8:22 PM

Apr 2009
why do people on here hate the popular shows
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

80 by MadanielFL »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 2 hours ago

12 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6?

Akuya - 3 hours ago

34 by Strayfe »»
19 minutes ago

» what is the best slice of life anime and why ?

ame - Yesterday

29 by JohnGuy »»
20 minutes ago

» 3x3/Grid thread

Johan420 - Apr 28

13 by Entity72 »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.