Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 19, 2014 8:27 AM
Jan 2014
Daichi may be a naive goofball but he isnt stupid. That guy was trying to control him and his friends and it was causing them pain and he felt like he had to do something after his father died he seemed hopeless and by doing this hes relieving some of that guilt. He prefers action more than words.
Apr 19, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Laraid said:
I kind of hate the MC already. He doesn't seem to respect authority and is most likely going to get away with this kind of behaviour. Oh well, I hope it gets better later on...
When the authority does not deserve much respect, that's to be expected.
Apr 19, 2014 8:51 PM

Jan 2011
The MC being a captive? Didn't he just destroy the thing that mostly restrains him and free his two colleagues/friends on top of that? And he is going to live with his uncle according to the preview.

So yeah, he didn't know all this during the video conference. But if you have trouble with his personaility, just see him as a reverse Shinji. Shinji could have hit off with Asuka and won the lottery and he would still whine all day. Daichi can be told in the face that he is now a captive and still laugh in the face of the one talking to him.

I for one am glad that he isn't depressed and stuff like most MCs, especially from mecha shows. Shinji or even Ouma (yeah, despite all the hate back) did get way less flak for their weird personality. And people like Kamina are idolized for their always optimistic outlook - is it okay for him because he is older? So only adults are allowed to show excentric behaviour?

And he does get away with it because a) he is the MC (plot armor does not only protect from bullets and swords i guess) and b) they need him. They probably couldn't even talk about whether or not to punish him if he wouldn't have piloted the Earth Engine.

Another thing is, if that kind of behaviour worked for him in the past, why would he change now?
Apr 20, 2014 3:36 PM

Apr 2014
Pacing was a bit odd and I think the plot is getting a little too ahead of itself.
OP was alright and ED isn't bad.
Music is decent, kinda reminds me of the Pokemon games.
Did they really have to show us the whole robot transformation scene again? I hope it doesn't stay this way. Also the battle at the beginning was actually pretty lame, She just sat there and waited for him to fly over and punch her.
MC is uninteresting much like the rest of the cast, although I do like Teppei a little.
Transferring memories via kiss? Mysterious Girlfriend X anyone?

Ill give the anime a few more chances but it seems average at best.
6/10 for this episode, 5/10 so far.
http://www.oocities.com/Tokyo/Lights/8305/

My Favorite Anime>Your Favorite Anime
Apr 21, 2014 7:06 AM
Jan 2010
I'd show her my boomerang too, if you get my meaning.
Apr 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
Liking the OP! Decent ED.

I love the character designs in this, especially Hana <3!

But the way he just suddenly "summoned" the gun was rather "eh?".
Apr 21, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2008
That glasses guy is an asshole, and probably a pedophile. He seems to want Hana for more than just her special abilities.

Pitz is too damned adorable.

Earth Engine is sexy as hell for a mecha!
Apr 21, 2014 12:00 PM

Mar 2013
Wtf why are there sound effects in space. dumb.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Apr 21, 2014 5:56 PM

Feb 2013
Wasn't as good as the first episode.

Highlight of the episode was that dirt-bag getting beat by a blue squirrel. They sure made it easy to hate him.
Apr 21, 2014 7:43 PM

Jun 2013
Maybe I already need to go back and watch the first two episodes again, but at this point it seems like the show is just spitting out words and information without any regard for explaining what any of it means. Just like I said about ep. 1, things are just happening.

In other words, there is no storytelling... hehhhhh -__-
-Trippwire-Apr 21, 2014 7:52 PM
Apr 27, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Nothing new under the sun, but if the Bones plays great with regard to the magnitude of the mecha and graphics, even against Sunrise. The gattai is something admirable.
The rest has to take off, but there is time.
Plot yet to decipher, as the narrative shows that a clash not bad, the reactions of the mecha are realistic as the intervention of the maneuvering rockets that are so realistic.
The fact of having a gun that is not merely a tool but an alien entity, is not bad.
Even the dialogues are good.
Animations and very good.
Opening and ending still under study.
Design that reminds me of E7 and Bounen no Xamdou, I like it very much! * w *
Apr 28, 2014 7:18 PM

Mar 2008
Will our MC share the fate of Captain Boomerang? He gets respect for actually being pretty capable. Boomerang and summoning, he's not so bad. It didn't even take him all season to 'free' the girl - at least temporarily.
Apr 28, 2014 10:48 PM

Jul 2009
jesus christ that mc is autistic as fuck

just got brought into a secret paramilitary base with superpowered teenagers being effectively held prisoner wearing ominous helmet things

HEY LET'S GO OUTSIDE SO I CAN SHOW YOU MY BOOMERANG!!!
HEY WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR?
HEY WHERE'S MY GUN THING?!?
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
May 21, 2014 1:40 AM
Jan 2011
Oh god... the main character is brain damaged... seriously.

He should of killed glasses then crushed salty dog's hq. I hate these lucky go happy idiot main characters that doesn't deal with problem people quickly and effectively. You know like superheros and the villains they keep arresting instead of killing.

If you don't deal with the problem at the source it's just gonna get worse. Then again my way is quite violent... then again... those bastards are using a primitive brain torturing device too. I guess it's fine. Oh ya this is a series about robots and giant crystalbots beating the shit outta each other. So... a little more violence in the history of mankind won't hurt.
Jun 2, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
The guys in suits are dicks.

I'm really confused on the 2 factions so far, and why earth is being attacked. I hope the next few episodes get me more informed!
My Candies:
Jun 8, 2014 9:23 PM

Sep 2010
MY HEART.
That's it I'm in love good bye reality hello Daichi.
Jun 14, 2014 2:53 PM

Apr 2012
another creepy old control freak look forward 2 seeing him die a agonising death
Jun 15, 2014 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
This is one bad writing. This or retarded main character. And adults. Why no one even reacted to him sneaking around the room and talking to these kids only until lead rings started inflicting pain? And sure, cute critters are the best way to knock somebody out. I mean they are so strong and ferocious. I wonder if this show will start making any sense.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 17, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2010
I really can't comprehend how can you like the MC from just this first two episodes. He was all like '' I don't like studying, I want to play but I don't look like I'm having fun and I don't like the breeze of this place...'' then suddenly he in a mech and it's like '' I have to protect earth''.

And how the F*ck does that hacker girls say that the MC is interesting when he was like ''Huh..wha?'' during the conversation and only noteworthy thing that he did is that he went in and punched his opponent. Seriously, things are just being said without an wight here.

Liked the music a lot.

wheresthehandle said:
jesus christ that mc is autistic as fuck

just got brought into a secret paramilitary base with superpowered teenagers being effectively held prisoner wearing ominous helmet things

HEY LET'S GO OUTSIDE SO I CAN SHOW YOU MY BOOMERANG!!!

True that.
Jun 10, 2015 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
Sorry creepy obsessive glasses guy. You should have raped the tanned girl all this years the MC was missing. Now the MC is back you lost your chance.
Jul 24, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
I'm enjoying this. Also that gun coming to his hand was pretty cool.
May 22, 2022 8:16 AM
Jan 2020
Oh my fucking god, it really feels like I'm watching Star Driver again but Shounen-y with a bit of Eureka
RonninnMay 22, 2022 8:37 AM
Sep 21, 2022 10:49 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Sort of cruel to attach shock collar technology to the heads of children. It could be harmful to them. There have to be better ways to deal with the situation than using violence. If they were ever kidnapped they wouldn't even be able to defend themselves from the pain. I have no idea how MC managed to summon the gun or knew how to, but it was an impressive scene.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

144 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 3:35 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

42 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:57 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

46 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:29 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

43 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 30, 2022 2:05 AM

Poll: » Captain Earth Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

34 by Ranacchi »»
Sep 28, 2022 7:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.