Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2014 11:24 PM
Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Okay, up until now I really liked this season of Digimon. The real world arc in the first season was amazing. Maybe that's why my expectations for this season were so high. But this episode was pretty bad.

Don't get me wrong though. I like the concept of teaming up with digi-destined from around the world...but the way they did it just didn't feel right. This could have done this much, MUCH better.

And what the heck was up with the Gennai clones? Ugh, I already don't like the fact that they changed his appearance without reason. And don't get me started on the border crossing part of the episode.

Kari and Izzy could have used the laptop and sent the digimon to the digital world from anywhere. There was no need to cross the border at all *sigh*
emeraldrosaryApr 11, 2014 11:28 PM
Jun 2, 2014 12:54 PM

Jul 2013
Yaaas Lillymon is back. But I was expecting the original 8's ultimates to come back in a more epic way. Dunno, just thought it would be nice if they were able to show their TRUE strength to the new three digidestined but oh well.
Jan 15, 2015 3:51 AM

Jul 2013
This episode was kinda boring to be honest, and I don't expect much from the next two.
I'll just try to shut off my brain and enjoy the evolution sequences and the action
Jun 24, 2016 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
It was interesting seeing them all around the world.
Mar 18, 2017 4:55 AM

Dec 2010
I am still puzzled about this Digimon World Tour idea. Well, it is quite refreshing to see something like this. Especially in comparison with most other medias, where every important thing is happening in the country that said media was produced(anime usually happens in Japan, Hollywoood movies with UFOs attacking always New York etc).

On the other hand, it is quite badly executed with random Digimons and no Digievolution sentenced. Too bad.

The kid from USA look like dark skinned Ash Ketchum :D
May 3, 2017 6:04 PM

Apr 2017
tearofmankind said:

The kid from USA look like dark skinned Ash Ketchum :D

They were protrayed as majority black in a white country. Wonder why.

emeraldrosary said:

And what the heck was up with the Gennai clones? Ugh, I already don't like the fact that they changed his appearance without reason.

Gennai is OK in my opinion. The only thing that bothers is his backstory about being an old guy to splitting into many gennais.
But call it "misterious" and a future plot maybe?

emeraldrosary said:
And don't get me started on the border crossing part of the episode.

Some digidestined are lefties and don't believe in borders and such.
But i guess this was an emergency and they needed to cross many borders and countries to fix what they supposedly caused.

emeraldrosary said:
Kari and Izzy could have used the laptop and sent the digimon to the digital world from anywhere. There was no need to cross the border at all *sigh*

They are not very bright. Or there's something unexplained going on (maybe they need internet connection, and in the mountainous part there isn't??)

I liked the episode, but there are tons of inconsistencies.
Twin towers are there.
Border crossing crime is not properly explained.
Very few adults watching this world wide problem.
Multiple Gennais unexplained.
Imperialdramon could have done almost all the work by himself.
Lilymon should be stronger than it was portrayed.
The tree digimon should have been killed instantly with so many foes attacking him simultaneously.
It's ridiculous that seadramon flies.

But well... i guess i should shut my brain off.

--------
Mar 29, 2019 7:33 AM

Apr 2009
If they are going to pair the children in groups of two, why not pair up the ones who can jogress together?
Nov 21, 2019 5:38 PM

May 2008
Wow. It's worse than I remember. This is bad. Really, really bad.

And it only solidify my utter distaste for the idea of worldwide CC and (almost) everything 02 introduces.

argentino_kek said:
Twin towers are there.

This was made before 9/11. Just look at the air time.

Renato said:
If they are going to pair the children in groups of two, why not pair up the ones who can jogress together?

Because only the D-3s can open the Digital Gate for whatever reason. So every old digivice have to be paired with a D-3.

Ugh, why did you guys make me defend this season.
May 8, 2020 8:26 AM

Jan 2017
Wtf was this episode, the Real World arc in Adventure was amazing, but here is like....

Only interesting thing imo is Mummymon on the swing, wonder what's gonna happen to that kid

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 32 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

7 by ImVodkAna »»
Apr 12, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 50 Discussion

FarAwayTimes - Nov 12, 2010

30 by ReeeDr »»
Dec 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Apr 11, 2014

11 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 25, 2023 11:24 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 17 Discussion

Chouninatte - Mar 27, 2014

7 by Veck8699 »»
Oct 23, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure 02 Episode 8 Discussion

dolphin456 - Apr 5, 2012

9 by PureStone »»
Aug 5, 2023 11:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.