Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2014 2:25 PM

Oct 2011
i am. lol i really cant wait, i wanna sign up for the beta but its all in korean :/

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2014 2:50 PM

Aug 2013
Never heard of it, looks decent though.

What i cant wait for is Nosgoth, game looks so fun.

"No matter how strong, for a human to fight a monster means he has submerged his humanity and transformed himself into a greater monster." - Schierke (Berserk)

Apr 3, 2014 3:48 PM
Jan 2014
The game looks really cool but it will take 2 to 3 years to arrive in EU and USA most probably, although it looks really different and I love the graphcis I still need to see more to make a decision.

I would suggest you to check Blade and Soul comming this year, during fall I think. Looks awesome
Apr 3, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2007
Just looks like another generic action mmo.
Apr 3, 2014 5:22 PM

Oct 2011
Endycia said:
The game looks really cool but it will take 2 to 3 years to arrive in EU and USA most probably, although it looks really different and I love the graphcis I still need to see more to make a decision.

I would suggest you to check Blade and Soul comming this year, during fall I think. Looks awesome

im pretty excited for blade and soul aswell, its been out but just in korea i think.

GenerationMe said:
Never heard of it, looks decent though.

What i cant wait for is Nosgoth, game looks so fun.

it looks pretty fun, gonna be on my plan-to-play list lmao

Apr 3, 2014 5:50 PM
Jan 2014
Aviid said:
Endycia said:

im pretty excited for blade and soul aswell, its been out but just in korea i think.

Actually there are already a few other versions, Korean , japanese, chinese and taiwanese.

GIVE US EU and USA version NAOW!
Apr 5, 2014 3:08 AM

Jun 2011
Been keeping my eye on it for a while now. Can't wait to play as a sorcerer. Melee to mid range caster? YES PLEASE.
Apr 5, 2014 3:45 AM

Jul 2007
Endycia said:

Comparing Blade and Soul and Black Desert is comparing apples to oranges

Black Desert is an open world innovative sandbox, while Blade and Souls is just pretty-fied TERA grindgame
Apr 5, 2014 5:13 AM

Feb 2010
The key to Korean MMO is wait .... for a very long time before it hits the West.
Apr 25, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
HOLY SHIT. Now THIS is character creation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TP4L1vHfpk
Apr 25, 2014 10:56 PM

Jun 2011
live2win said:
The key to Korean MMO is wait .... for a very long time before it hits the West.

The key to Korean MMOs is to not play them. They're always either grindfests or loaded with microtransactions.
Apr 25, 2014 11:42 PM
Mar 2011
Narmy said:
live2win said:

The key to Korean MMOs is to not play them. They're always either grindfests or loaded with microtransactions.

for the west its undersatndable for mircotrasaction bacuse you not playiign the korean way in a PC Bang [ pc Room/ Web cafe] were your 100 dollzr sub to the cafe for the gets you the game if ypu play it outside that systems how can thhe dves make theremone back if m via mircotrasatiocn

and i like old style rpg so Grimd fests i lke

blade and soul is a asesome game for example
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 25, 2014 11:49 PM
Mar 2011
Fai said:
Endycia said:

Comparing Blade and Soul and Black Desert is comparing apples to oranges

Black Desert is an open world innovative sandbox, while Blade and Souls is just

pretty-fied TERA grindgame

isnce the us cannot play game o like blade of sould the korean[ and asian way tey sem like grid ferts but there not
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Apr 25, 2014 11:56 PM

Apr 2012
FGAU1912 said:
Narmy said:
live2win said:

for the west its undersatndable for mircotrasaction bacuse you not playiign the korean way in a PC Bang [ pc Room/ Web cafe] were your 100 dollzr sub to the cafe for the gets you the game if ypu play it outside that systems how can thhe dves make theremone back if m via mircotrasatiocn

and i like old style rpg so Grimd fests i lke

blade and soul is a asesome game for example

Summed it up pretty good.

Anyways I'm looking more forward to B&S but from looking at their site, they clearly don't give a fuck about NA :D
Apr 26, 2014 12:08 AM

Jun 2011
Rivayne said:
Anyways I'm looking more forward to B&S but from looking at their site, they clearly don't give a fuck about NA :D

Yep. Black Desert is still in closed beta and the developers are already working on a English client. Now they just need a company to host it :/

NCSoft on the otherhand...
Apr 26, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2008
Russia probably gonna release it before the english version lol so bad
Apr 26, 2014 12:40 PM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
I saw this advertise a while back and it looks great...
Apr 26, 2014 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
Ambient_ said:

It's like the character creation is it's own game, looks great though.
Apr 26, 2014 6:03 PM

Jun 2008
That character creation!
I wanna play this game right now!
Apr 26, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2011
Nope, I stopped caring about MMOS after playing 4 years of Ragnarok and realizing it's a shitty imbalanced game that is balanced around griding instead of skill/gameplay.
Apr 26, 2014 7:41 PM

Jun 2011
Valaskjalf said:
Nope, I stopped caring about MMOS after playing 4 years of Ragnarok and realizing it's a shitty imbalanced game that is balanced around griding instead of skill/gameplay.

Because every MMO is ragnarok right?
Apr 26, 2014 10:45 PM
Mar 2011
Valaskjalf said:

iv explained this the way Korean MMOs work in Korea thye cannot tottaly rebuild the game for the west that would unballace the game

Apr 27, 2014 12:09 AM

Jul 2013
My friends have all been talking about this game. I guess it's time to sit down and watch it on youtube (possible life-ending decision).
Apr 27, 2014 12:24 AM

Jul 2013
Kuhrean said:
My friends have all been talking about this game. I guess it's time to sit down and watch it on youtube (possible life-ending decision).

And just like that, my life is now a countdown.
May 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Jun 2011
It's getting Oculus Rift support :')

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-HNzgBqpsk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWFSiEh1dv8
Revenant_May 9, 2014 9:29 PM
May 10, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAibcrDcq4Q

Say what you want but it looks BEASTLY
May 11, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2011
Nyarlatophis said:

One step closer to The World.

Or Babylon if MMOs ever decide to ditch the boring ass medieval settings.

This basically sums up what's gonna happen to me when this game launches in the West. God I love BD's developers. xD

http://youtu.be/0jecyM55RVM?t=1m48s

But I agree, I really wish they introduce more fantasy elements down the road, such as surreal landscapes and impossible, or at least, more stylized architecture. Right now, it just seems like our medieval world, just with monsters and magic :/
Revenant_May 11, 2014 12:30 AM
May 20, 2014 1:02 AM

Jun 2011
Haha apparently rangers are horrendously OP atm. 5 rangers beat a guild of 60 members in a GvG. But after watching the video, a lot of it was due to hiding then dividing and conquering. A lot of the 60p guild were also somewhat low levels as well, and many of them seemed to be joking around lol. But still, that one archer skill is too powerful, seeing as thats pretty much the only move he used lol.

I do love how much the weather changed throughout the fight though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRaHFDQPAYE

-------------------

And I'm really happy finding out that the input system is akin to that of a fighting game (i.e. direction + button = ability), instead of just a palette of abilities. It's definitely gonna be more controller friendly, which is great since I'm planning to play it with the Oculus Rift. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixcZ6MEXDI

-------------------

Also, the English client is 50% complete and apparently Pearl Abyss will be at E3 this year to look for a Western publisher. :DDDD

And goddamn the PvP looks smexy :D. Poor warriors seem to be pretty weak atm. That or that player just sucked :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNZFlaSsA1Q
Revenant_May 20, 2014 1:12 AM
May 29, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 2018
This has some really good ideas. Hopefully the rest of the game doesn't suck though. Too many games these days have a few good ideas but a really poor core and end up being mediocre.
Nyarlatophis said:
The environments do look pretty, but the architecture is rather bland. They could at least throw in some fantastic castles or something, Dark Souls and Castlevania got this right.
Some special castles would be nice but I do like how the cities look like actual cities with tons of homes (which are available to players iirc).
May 29, 2014 9:39 PM

Jun 2011
jpem said:
Some special castles would be nice but I do like how the cities look like actual cities with tons of homes (which are available to players iirc).

Yeah, players can purchase homes and design their interior just like The Sims. And IIRC, you can customize your guild castle prior to a siege. But yeah, I'd really like them to spice up the architecture, or at least add some fantastic/creative mounts.

I'd really like to know how dungeon grinding will work in this, since I think I remember them saying that the dungeons aren't instanced.
May 30, 2014 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
IT looks good, but im not hyped just yet. I need to see more whats to come before I make any actions. This would be a good substitute for Vindictus though, my time with that game is a bit strained with lag and shuddering.

Jun 26, 2014 10:55 PM

Jun 2011
lol @ this 10 minute duel between a sorcerer and a warrior. It was pretty epic, even though it dragged on for too long because of HP pots haha. I wish they gave pots a cast time + interruptibility like in the Souls games.

http://youtu.be/_Tpzq6Pmk0c?t=8m23s

Poor warrior just wanted to grind mobs lol.
Jun 26, 2014 11:49 PM

Jun 2014
Yes, but i try not to because my pc wont even come close of being able to play it
Jun 27, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2011
rawr97 said:
Yes, but i try not to because my pc wont even come close of being able to play it

Minimum System Requirements:
Intel Core i3 / AMD Phenom 9500
GTS 250 / GTX 9800 / Radeon HD 3870 X2
4GB RAM

Recommended
Intel Core i5 / Phenom II X3 740
GTX 650 / GTX 550 Ti / Radeon HD 7770 / Radeon HD 6770
6GB RAM

The requirements aren't too high.

You can also check if your exact PC specs will be to run it here:

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7996&game=Black%20Desert%20Online
Jun 27, 2014 8:38 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
http://black-desert.com/news/black-desert-2nd-closed-beta-survey-results/

(extracts from poll results...)

the Sorcerer and Ranger class were the most popular.

Looking at the characters, backgrounds, monsters and other aspects of the game, the graphics got a score of 4.6/5. However, the players felt that the special effects were lack-luster.

The macro controls received average scores. However, the short-cut keys and movement macros got relatively poor feedback from the survey participants.

The combat impressions when striking a blow was given a score of 4/5, while the combat impressions when taking blows had an average score of 3/5.

Regarding in-depth Gameplay like RvR, PvP, Co-operative Play, and Dungeon Raids, the players felt that they weren’t able to experience enough content along their character’s levels or some parts felt lacking to properly enjoy some of the content.

Quest difficulty and quantity got an average score of 3.4/5

World Map, Mini Map, and the UI screen feedback compared to the 1st CBT feedback is better, however for the Mini Map system(2.5/5), players feel still needs improvement.

We noticed an average level of satisfaction amongst the players regarding Black Desert’s various non-combat content. The level of freedom, and the contribution system were well liked by the community, but the housing system was not as well received.

Guild, Trading, Chatting, the in-game community in general has a low level of satisfaction from the poll participants. The chatting system was especially difficult (2.1/5)

Many of the participants are content with Black Desert’s worldview and story as well as the immersive game itself. There were a large number of people who have experienced new things and have had a lot of fun playing the game. However, the players felt the economy system’s achievements require some improvement.

The players were very pleased with how the server time and the environment were harmoniously executed

Amongst the 2000 survey participants, 81% stated that they would recommend Black Desert to friends. The game’s early-game content, along with Black Desert’s graphics and sound were well loved by the community, while the UI and non-combat content had some aspects that felt lacking in some regards. The players also felt that for more and better hours of game play, content that would strengthen the late-game and player comfort is necessary.

http://black-desert.com/faq/
Jun 27, 2014 8:40 AM
Chu2byo

Apr 2013
Even the classes look awesome
http://black-desert.com/classes/

For a F2P its look very good...
Jun 27, 2014 12:04 PM

Jun 2014
Ambient_ said:
rawr97 said:

4GB RAM

Recommended
6GB RAM

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=7996&game=Black%20Desert%20Online

My cpu and my gfx both failed, so i wont even atempt to play it
Jun 27, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2012
I'm far more interested for NA to get Blade and Soul (been waiting about 3 years now since announcement?) Either way, I will definitely give this one a shot!
Jun 27, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
I am. Although I really dislike MMOs.

MrAwesome2014 said:
Ambient_ said:

It's like the character creation is it's own game, looks great though.
Damn. I'd probably spend like 2 hours customizing my character.
Jun 27, 2014 11:41 PM

Apr 2012
Ambient_ said:
rawr97 said:

4GB RAM

Recommended
6GB RAM

I was expecting the requirements to be way higher, it doesn't even require a good cpu. I guess I'll be playing blade and soul til this game comes out and see if I like it.
Jun 28, 2014 4:02 AM

Jun 2011
I can't remember if it's been confirmed whether all classes are gonna be gender locked? I know Valkyries and Warriors are, and probably Giants, but I'm not sure about the rest. I would very much like to run a male Sorcerer :/ It's so called male equivalent, the Wizard, has the complete opposite playstyle from Sorcerers, favoring casting spells from afar, a la the traditional mage role.

Anyone know if it's been confirmed, or is it still up in the air?

Rivayne said:
I was expecting the requirements to be way higher, it doesn't even require a good cpu. I guess I'll be playing blade and soul til this game comes out and see if I like it.

Keep in mind mind that these were just the requirements for CBT1. So depending on how much they add/optimise, it may go up or down a bit. But yeah it should be around there.

Also don't get your hopes up, B&S is never coming to the west, unless you're still playing the CN version lol.
Revenant_Jun 28, 2014 5:38 AM
Jun 28, 2014 5:53 AM

Jun 2011
NA and EU publishers in "final negotiations". They're also looking to expand the game to China, Southeast Asia (FUCK YEAH), Turkey and Taiwan.

http://mmoculture.com/2014/06/black-desert-north-america-and-europe-servers-in-final-negotiations/
Jun 28, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Ambient_ said:
I can't remember if it's been confirmed whether all classes are gonna be gender locked? I know Valkyries and Warriors are, and probably Giants, but I'm not sure about the rest. I would very much like to run a male Sorcerer :/ It's so called male equivalent, the Wizard, has the complete opposite playstyle from Sorcerers, favoring casting spells from afar, a la the traditional mage role.

Anyone know if it's been confirmed, or is it still up in the air?

Rivayne said:

Keep in mind mind that these were just the requirements for CBT1. So depending on how much they add/optimise, it may go up or down a bit. But yeah it should be around there.

Also don't get your hopes up, B&S is never coming to the west, unless you're still playing the CN version lol.
well CN version is my next best choice and yeah, but it kinda sucks playing an assassin with 250 ping you don't even know.
Jun 28, 2014 7:14 PM

Jun 2011
Rivayne said:
well CN version is my next best choice and yeah, but it kinda sucks playing an assassin with 250 ping you don't even know.

Yeah I played B&S CN at 170 ping, I know that feel. I got up to like level 40+ then I realized how much of an effort end game would be on a server where english speakers are a rarity. Plus I couldn't be bothered going through everything again if B&S does end up getting a western release. :/
Jun 28, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2012
Ambient_ said:
Rivayne said:

Yeah I played B&S CN at 170 ping, I know that feel. I got up to like level 40+ then I realized how much of an effort end game would be on a server where english speakers are a rarity. Plus I couldn't be bothered going through everything again if B&S does end up getting a western release. :/
I'm like 90% sure we won't get a server :/ I'll probably just get to level 50 or so and do most of the solo content then quit the game since I probably won't be able to do much end game besides that, But I'm pretty sure they don't think they will get big enough of an audience if they made a western server.
Jun 29, 2014 2:35 AM

Jun 2011
Rivayne said:
Ambient_ said:

I'm like 90% sure we won't get a server :/ I'll probably just get to level 50 or so and do most of the solo content then quit the game since I probably won't be able to do much end game besides that, But I'm pretty sure they don't think they will get big enough of an audience if they made a western server.

B&S has actually been heaps popular in the West at one point or another. It's just that this long silence has slowly led to people losing hope and drifting away towards other games.

Anyways, we've probably derailed this topic too much already.

OnT: Which Western publisher(s) are you hoping to pick up Black Desert?
Jun 29, 2014 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
I can't think of the name but hopefully the guys who have the rift and archeage title. They usually know how to manage games good and have okay support. But please for God's sake not NC soft,i hate that company with a passion. It's a shame they have lots of good titles that I'm forced to play their games.
Jul 21, 2014 5:58 PM

Dec 2013
2014 is a weak year for MMORPGs :(
All the good ones are set for release in 2015
Jul 21, 2014 7:47 PM

Feb 2014
I wasn't.. but after researching it more than what I originally knew about it I can definitely say that I am hyped for it. It really is amazing how quick it is to change someone like me's mind.

"Everything you see on the internet isn't true." -Abraham Lincoln
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

5 by H1ruma »»
1 hour ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
10 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
Yesterday, 5:15 PM

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 4:28 PM

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
Yesterday, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.