Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Apr 15, 2014 6:09 PM

Aug 2011
Nooo, nononononono.

I might just be in denial here, but I really didn't want to see Harutora change. It doesn't even matter how Harutora's memories of being Harutora still remains alongside with Yakou's memories. I don't care that Yakou was actually a good guy all along, and that he will lead the onmyouji to a 'new era'. Yakou died, and that was supposed to be that. By awakening Yakou, the Twin Horn Syndicate and every other Yakou worshipper got exactly what they wanted. If that's so, then was there any point to our good main characters fighting against the Yakou-shippers? Didn't Natsume DIE to protect Harutora and prevent him from turning into Yakou?

Maybe I'm just very, hopelessly confused. If that's the case, someone please provide me with some closure.

Also, loved Kon's courageousness and determination to protect her master by undoing all five of her seals. I can't say that I love Hishamaru, since I haven't been given the chance to love her as much as I love Kon... but her transformations from adolescent-Kon (HNNNG ADORABLELEEELELELE) to Hishamaru touched me, as if she were saying that she'd grow up for her master. Honestly, though, I wish Kon had stayed the way she was. ;D

OHH, but at the end, wasn't it Kon who was on the phone for a second?
gyuuniuApr 15, 2014 6:21 PM
Apr 16, 2014 4:35 PM

Mar 2010
Yui-pyon said:
Nooo, nononononono.

I might just be in denial here, but I really didn't want to see Harutora change. It doesn't even matter how Harutora's memories of being Harutora still remains alongside with Yakou's memories. I don't care that Yakou was actually a good guy all along, and that he will lead the onmyouji to a 'new era'. Yakou died, and that was supposed to be that. By awakening Yakou, the Twin Horn Syndicate and every other Yakou worshipper got exactly what they wanted. If that's so, then was there any point to our good main characters fighting against the Yakou-shippers? Didn't Natsume DIE to protect Harutora and prevent him from turning into Yakou?

Maybe I'm just very, hopelessly confused. If that's the case, someone please provide me with some closure.

Natsume sacrificed herself so that the Raven Coat wouldn't kill Harutora by turning him into a spiritual disaster due to the curse. Harutora awakening as Yakou was simply an inevitability once Takiko put it on him and the process couldn't be stopped.

OHH, but at the end, wasn't it Kon who was on the phone for a second?

That was Suzu.
Apr 17, 2014 10:48 AM
Oct 2012
K. I rated this horribly adapted anime as 8/10 because that one scene where Kon changed into Hishamaru was just too nice.

Her loyalty touched me so much, she was actually there beside her master all along, watching and protecting him.

お待ちしてます。幾千幾年の彼方で - 飛車丸.
Apr 22, 2014 10:09 AM

May 2013
I think this show is overrated
inconclusive ending, false drama, uninteresting character, hard to understand concepts

One thing good about this show is kon

6/10
Apr 22, 2014 10:52 AM

Mar 2010
na35899 said:
I think this show is overrated

There are 100 of shows that would I consider far more overrated on MAL, before this got anywhere close, but whatever floats your boat.
Apr 23, 2014 4:41 AM

Mar 2008
The last few episodes have delivered quite nicely. Tokyo Ravens wasn't fantastic, but it had its moments. A shame we couldn't have had the real deal on everything, but nobody's got time and money for that.

Solid show.
Apr 27, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
This series had a plot that jumped all over the place and oh boy was this a roller coaster ride... The series was light-hearted then jumps into the dark for a while which keeps things interesting. I am disappointed in the romance development though, maybe a second season could change things. Overall this was a solid series for me,

8/10.
May 10, 2014 7:56 AM
May 2014
it was a good anime

but can anybody tell me where i can read its manga after episode 24 and from which chapter i shall start from because i didn't get the ending clearly
May 10, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2010
akashrawat123 said:
it was a good anime

but can anybody tell me where i can read its manga after episode 24 and from which chapter i shall start from because i didn't get the ending clearly

Tokyo Ravens is based off a light novel not a manga (though is a manga version which isn't too far ahead at the moment).

You can read the light novel at Baka-Tsuki.
May 11, 2014 4:06 AM

Mar 2012
Overall, I'd call Tokyo Ravens a pretty good series. It is one of the better action-based romance anime I have seen in a while. It has some pretty touching scenes and it is one of the few times where I actually felt genuinely touched by a cliffhanger ending.

With that being said, that isn't to say this show didn't have it's flaws. Some of the plot lines had a lack of a resolution or rather things didn't add up. Perhaps it is because I took a break from this series at around episode 16 and didn't finish it until just now, but I am quite confused as to how the main plot line behind this series wrapped up. Genbu Kurohashi essentially bent over backwards to try and revive Yakou, but then once that happens, nothing? I also got confused about the whole Yakou revival thing as to how it happened out of the blue there when Reiji cut his eye?

8/10 Solid series, but some things just didn't quite add up for me to find this series outstanding.
May 11, 2014 6:11 AM

Mar 2010
Toucanbird said:

With that being said, that isn't to say this show didn't have it's flaws. Some of the plot lines had a lack of a resolution or rather things didn't add up. Perhaps it is because I took a break from this series at around episode 16 and didn't finish it until just now, but I am quite confused as to how the main plot line behind this series wrapped up. Genbu Kurohashi essentially bent over backwards to try and revive Yakou, but then once that happens, nothing? I also got confused about the whole Yakou revival thing as to how it happened out of the blue there when Reiji cut his eye?

8/10 Solid series, but some things just didn't quite add up for me to find this series outstanding.

Nothing happened because Kon convinced Harutora not take Genji's bait into joining him since he can't be trusted no matter how hopeless the situation looked for reviving Natsume.

Reji had nothing to do with Harutora getting his memories back. Natsume with help of Raven Coat had broken the rest of the curse that Yasuzumi had casted on him to seal his spiritual powers and more importantly the memories of his previous life as Yakou. He simply gradually regained them afterwords. The novel is more clear here as during the fight with Reji Harutora noted he was using several spells he did ever recall learning.
Iron_MawMay 11, 2014 6:16 AM
May 12, 2014 5:07 PM

Oct 2012
does anyone know the insert song at the end of ep 24?
May 13, 2014 9:35 PM

Dec 2012
I definitely enjoyed this series overall. 9/10, really high rating but it's just my subjective opinion because it was extremely fun for me to watch this series.

Still really hard for me to understand what they're chanting though...
May 18, 2014 4:45 AM
May 2012
Great ending, great series overall. I just felt it needs to give more in terms of character and plot development. Other areas were just as good.

7/10.
May 20, 2014 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
wat the hell ending was that they could have had the nice neat n tidy happy ending. there better be a season2
May 20, 2014 10:25 PM

May 2009
Some of the worst storytelling/pacing I've ever seen, but I enjoyed the overall lore and characters. So I'm guessing this is probably just a crappy adaptation by the production studio. The actual Light Novel is probably a heck of a lot better, huh?

7/10.

Edit: Just read that this adaptation used 9 freaking volumes for just 24 episodes. That...that explains a lot.
Strawhat_PirateJul 5, 2014 12:26 AM
May 25, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2014
The ending is a cliffhanger! Hopefully, that means we will have a second season. Or at least some OVAs.

They can't leave us wondering what the revived Yakou is going to do next! They can't leave us wondering how Natsume is going to cope after she wakes up and finds Harutora missing!

And Kon is all grown up now! Does that mean Harutora can't play with her tail and ears anymore? Hahaha!
May 25, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2014
Oh, and on another discussion thread elsewhere, a lot of people were dissing the ending. They were pissed because Harutora was still "weak" despite regaining memories and powers of Yakou.

I say that's bull. Harutora aka Yakou managed to perform the resurrection ritual successfully! Something even a Divine General (that loli girl) failed to do. Iirc, when she tried her ritual, it looked like a demon came back instead of her brother.

At least Yakou managed to bring Natsume back with her personality and memory intact. That's super awesome. That's not "weak" at all.
May 25, 2014 7:56 PM

Mar 2014
That Beginning!! Kon was really beautiful!!!
Holy Damn!! The Fights are getting intense!!
Kon was stabbed!!
That Left Eye!!
Shit kon got on amazing mode!!! She's so beautiful now !!! her level is very different now!!!
Damn Yakou's Awakened!!! his familiars is so badass!!!
Harutora is so cool now!!!
hah Damn it... I was wrong..... that kid is doman is disguise. I thought he was divine fan...
Friendship is the best!!!
That Confession!! That Kiss...
Well that ending... I guess Harutora will be yakou for a while now..

Shit still happens but it can be peaceful for now and now that yakou was awakened he'll do something about it... oh yeah he is travelling for now... his friends still seek him both school and the agency is still operating... oh damn now I want badly a Season 2.... Harutora was so badass now... his familiars got to be amazing too!!! honestly The anime was great... but some people couldn't appreciated it or see its greatness.. never thought it for a while but Those some people that commits mistakes also brings victory that reigns all over its place...
Overall Conclusion, A huge success for the series.. I like it .
The Character developments and Plot was great... it develops alot throughout the episodes.. well per episode it did leaves some traces of Facts to your questions about it..
it accomplished some of its goal... Ending arcs were amazing.. Characters were badass Supernatural genres was cool... agree that their fighting styles wasn't that great it lacks some of its quality but hope it improves sooner or later.
The Ending was promising . "it says that if you want to know it then cooperate and buy some ."
well its a big cliffhanger though... so it needs some seasons to understand it...
Damn so when i was so enjoying it , it was in the near ending ... (especially for Kon love her adult form!!! damn i think i had love on first sight thing.)
Oh yeah , the Resurrection was half success thanks to the dragon .. but she needs more sleep though .. or it will drain all of her powers then she die again...
Now , 10/10 for the series...
Only wish for it was to have more SEASONS and bring out the best of it :D.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
Wow... That ending. -_-
May 31, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2008
waste of my time.....horrible end, really began to get stale by episode 10....barely worth fast forwarding through.....oh well...they cant all be 5 out of 10s lol
Jun 4, 2014 3:06 AM

Mar 2008
The ending was "OK" for me and it sure leaves me wondering what happens next.
I'm not exactly looking forward for a second season but if ever they decide to produce one, I'd still watch it. I'll give it 7.5 out of 10 (or in MAL's case, just 7)

Jun 6, 2014 6:56 AM

Sep 2013
- Yay! natsume is alive. I dont give a fuck about morals.
- Nothing really has been resolved but whatever, as long as they make a second season.
- Giving this an 8/10. It was a bit generic-ish in some aspects but at least it was better than most of the crap I've been watching lately. Yeah, I enjoyed it.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 10:52 AM

Jul 2014
Does anyone knows what happened in the end. From what i've read and whatched Harutora/Yakon did revive her however not entirely according to the silver haired girl who tells everyone on the phone. And the hospital bed or room Natsume is in looks king of like if they where dreaming or as if he when inside her mind while she was uncounsious. I don't really know. Perhaps its open to interpretation but I hope someone can help figure out what happened.
Jul 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Oct 2012
Loved this! I didn't think this would be as good as it was. The 1st half was ok, but the 2nd half was GREAT. Would love a 2nd season, though it's probably not happening... ever.
Jul 10, 2014 6:48 AM

Jul 2014
this anime is better than all trash anime of previous season (spring),.
that's why i really feeling meh about previous season..
so i watch this underrated anime.. maybe this anime was underrated because of slow plot or airing in one season with Kill la Kill..
unforgotten anime so far...
Natsume is the best girl.. i missing her so much... :'( ... (Kon too)

overall :
Natsume/10
your waifu = shit
Jul 11, 2014 12:06 AM

Nov 2007
This was a great anime to watch. I really hope for a 2nd season though I'm feeling there won't be for it being underrated. After Hishamaru appeared I was thinking "Is Kon coming back?!" (Toyasaki Aki FTW!!! Kon, K-ON, w/e...) Also all of Ohtomo's fight's especially his first one against "D" was awesome. I'm still wondering how Kyouko got that star vision that was so random. They could really develop her's, Tenma's, Suzuka's, Kon/Hishamaru's, and Ohtomo's stories for a 2nd season.
Jul 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
Kon.... Nooooooooooooooooooo

Expected typical shounen trash anime but it's not so trashy after all because of Kon

Every other females = zzzz

8/10 for this season
Aug 9, 2014 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
This anime was great in my newbie opinion and definetely deserved more attention. Would've loved a season 2 but we all realize that probably ain't going to happen ever. ._.
Aug 9, 2014 5:55 PM

Feb 2014
lalabella said:
This anime was great in my newbie opinion and definetely deserved more attention. Would've loved a season 2 but we all realize that probably ain't going to happen ever. ._.

Not enough material for it.
Aug 9, 2014 7:30 PM

May 2014
"If you die trying to bring back Natsucchi, I'll die and bring you back." Anyone else see the endless cycle of "bringing back to life"? lol

The ending was fantastic. I enjoyed this show. But, Harutora needed more rage, I mean Natsume died, and he barely went on any berserk... He lost an eye, but didn't give a shit. Does love overcome all of his hatred? I thought it would spawn even more anger and hatred fort those who hurt his love.

Okay, what the fuck happened. Was that kiss real or fake? Where is Natsume? Well, I guess it's a happy end??? I can't be too sure.
Aug 15, 2014 3:20 AM
Aug 2013
Hi all!
Can you tell me whether the anime covered all facts of light novel or not?
Because I just found that anime covered 9 volumes, so I wonder do I need to read from the beginning or I can continue to read from volume 10?

Please, answer me :P
Aug 15, 2014 4:20 AM

Feb 2014
demonsvile said:
Hi all!
Can you tell me whether the anime covered all facts of light novel or not?
Because I just found that anime covered 9 volumes, so I wonder do I need to read from the beginning or I can continue to read from volume 10?

Please, answer me :P

they covered fairly good amount of it. But the plot and execution on LN is obviously better. You can just read the next volume, no problem.
Aug 29, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
I want more Hashimura shit!!!
Aug 29, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
Kon was so brave <3
Lol Ohtomo's master became his familiar.
Natsume, I'm glad your back.
I didn't expect that I will enjoy this episode.

_Dazzle_ said:
"If you die trying to bring back Natsucchi, I'll die and bring you back." Anyone else see the endless cycle of "bringing back to life"? lol

The ending was fantastic. I enjoyed this show. But, Harutora needed more rage, I mean Natsume died, and he barely went on any berserk... He lost an eye, but didn't give a shit. Does love overcome all of his hatred? I thought it would spawn even more anger and hatred fort those who hurt his love.

Okay, what the fuck happened. Was that kiss real or fake? Where is Natsume? Well, I guess it's a happy end??? I can't be too sure.

That kiss was real. She's in her house I guess. Yup, its a happy ending.
I hate to say it but, your prediction on the previous episode was correct.
Hahah yeah, he didn't give a shit, cuz shit came to him. He isn't gay after all.
Sep 2, 2014 7:49 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked the show as a whole, but man I hate bitter sweet endings like that. Why can't they just be together and end it like that? I don't see the need for them to be separated, and the way it was all ambiguous as to what really occurred after the ritual really sucks.

Oh well, at least their both alive and that's about as good as its going to get.

8/10
Sep 28, 2014 5:50 PM

Mar 2013
Well, I finally got around to finishing this anime after holding off it of for so many months. I can't say I don't regret this decision at all because I did enjoy some parts then and there.
Harutora looks so badass with his new look and is able to retain his self while containing the memories and responsibilities of Yakou.
The kiss with Natsume was sweet.
The major problem I had with this show is of course, the abundance of characters and their relevancy to either the main character or the plot overall.
In my opinion, the ending of this anime was unsatisfying, as in it wasn't good or bad.
If there will ever be a season 2 of this show, I'll definitely have a look.
6/10
Oct 22, 2014 12:32 PM
Mar 2014
Am i the only one that did not like the ending? I liked the first half better since it wasn't so confusing. Also I don't like how they revived her. Like WTF he was the one saying "dont fuck with human lives magicly".
Oct 23, 2014 1:05 AM

Jan 2012
That was a very rushed last episode for the season. Still, it was a good one.
Looking forward to a second if there is to be one :)
Nov 2, 2014 4:07 AM

Oct 2013
EHMERGERD ! i hate cliffhanger ending so much ! i mean why Harutora just left his friends behind, where did he go anyways ? jsut walking towards the son with 2 others, and apparently that kiss was just a dream. I can't even tell if the ending was happy or sad, so many questions in my mind right now..

OMG I WANT 2nd SEASON NOW ! ! who's with me ! !

Overall rating 8/10, SEASON 2 OR RIOT !
Nov 10, 2014 8:28 AM

Jan 2013
Loved the series, hated it at first for all those blushes on every damn thing... even on dogs xD.
But it turned out into an awesome series.

Would give 8/10.. but feeling gracious so I'll give 9/10 :P. Kon was cute as teen Kon ^_^
Nov 30, 2014 6:58 AM

Jan 2014
This series was great.. Have to admit that it was not as attractive during some parts and it might get a little bit confusing. But that kiss at the end was so satisfying.. Wish they could another season to elaborate more though. And Kon looks gorgeous with that matured look.

Overall 8/10

P.S. If anyone had any news on this anime, maybe a 2nd season or whatsoever please do leave a message at my profile list. TIA
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Dec 14, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
This show would have been better if it wasn't all over the place, not explaining things properly and not having cliché moments. Also I hate cheap gimmicks like bringing back major characters from the dead after causing so much drama about their death in the first place. Wasted potential.
Jan 2, 2015 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
Testament956 said:
I really liked the show as a whole, but man I hate bitter sweet endings like that. Why can't they just be together and end it like that? I don't see the need for them to be separated, and the way it was all ambiguous as to what really occurred after the ritual really sucks.

Oh well, at least their both alive and that's about as good as its going to get.

8/10

+1. Why can't it just be happy :(. Especially since season 2 is probably not going happen, JUST MAKE IT HAPPY.

But yeah, overall I enjoyed the series.

Makes me feel like the ending of the first season of Seikon no Qwaser again, "Hold on, we can't be together right now, the world needs me!!!"
Jan 3, 2015 1:20 PM
Jul 2014
iFourier said:
How much I love finally that I can finally see both both familiars in "action" :)
9/10 for this anime. Really liked Tokyo Ravens overall and the ending was fantastic.
No the ending was a complete mind fuckk I wish they could've made it less vague, if they don't come with a season 2 to follow up with all the things that's been kept for us then the ratings go down. I hate animes that don't follow up on cliff hangers its stupid. and don't get me wron the anime was great, but the developers messed up towards the end a little bit. they should have made it a 26 episode anime.
Jan 4, 2015 1:39 PM
Mar 2014
Is there going to be a second season
Jan 15, 2015 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
Wow what an episode. This show went from decent to amazing in just one episode. Love Kon's new form, kind of wish she had taken it earlier. Damn after all that happen in the last 3 episodes this whole anime feels like a prelude. Kind of wish they do a second season, looks like the fun just started.

This anime reminded me (especially in the last few episodes) a lot of Nurarihyon which I loved (especially the manga). Solid 8/10.
Jan 15, 2015 10:40 PM

Jul 2012
euphoricbry said:
iFourier said:
How much I love finally that I can finally see both both familiars in "action" :)
9/10 for this anime. Really liked Tokyo Ravens overall and the ending was fantastic.
No the ending was a complete mind fuckk I wish they could've made it less vague, if they don't come with a season 2 to follow up with all the things that's been kept for us then the ratings go down. I hate animes that don't follow up on cliff hangers its stupid. and don't get me wron the anime was great, but the developers messed up towards the end a little bit. they should have made it a 26 episode anime.

They couldn't even if they wanted to. Only one book was left to be adapted at the time this anime adaptation was finished so unless they made an anime original story and ending the rest of the way, it wasn't possible. Again, this was adapted from a series of novels. The story is far from finished and only two new books have been released aside from side materials. Not nearly enough for a second season.

Volume 11 has been translated in full though so you can have a go at reading it if you want to know how the rest of the story goes.

Light spoilers: Yakou/Tora is now a terrorist that's wreaking havoc and stealing stuff from the Onmyou Agency so he can complete Natsume's revival. Natsume is looking for him and looks like she's more special an existence to the Tsuchimikado and Onmyou in general than was first thought. Yakou/Tora pawns stuff like a boss but still behaves a bit like good old BakaTora especially when Hishamaru acts all cute around him.
swordstriker21Jan 15, 2015 10:48 PM
Jan 16, 2015 12:39 AM

Apr 2012
I'm a bit surprised how much I ended up enjoying this one; especially considering I was not terribly impressed with the first few episodes. Things definitely picked up, though, as the series went on and these last few episodes in particular were quite good. I'm not sure if I will go with a 6 or a 7 for this one. I'm torn because the latter part of the series was enjoyable, the early episodes were a struggle, and a lot of the school stuff was just plain generic. Maybe I will go with a 7 just out of respect to Kon and Ootomo-sensei. Regardless, a solid show overall.
Jan 26, 2015 6:23 PM

Jul 2014
Started off good and ended off great. That was such a great and enjoyable watch. There were some things which I didn't get but that's just me watching anime while not getting enough sleep :P
Gets a solid 9/10 from me.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2013

214 by Marthym »»
Aug 28, 2022 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.