Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Feb 22, 2023 7:23 PM
Aug 2022
slowy decade over time .MEH
Jul 28, 2023 10:25 AM
Jan 2023
I was waiting for them to discuss going back to the real world, but it seems something like that isn't going to happen any time soon.

Shiroe has now got himself an enemy in the west. The festival is pretty much over now too.

This did feel much like a teaser for the next season rather than wrapping things up for this one.

Overall, I give this anime an 8/10. Whoever wrote this show, clearly had played MMORPGs before.
Aug 21, 2023 9:21 AM
Aug 2023
Watched this once like 10 years ago. I have to say it's worse than I remembered.

7.5/10

One of the posters here pointed out that there's an absence of desperation in this anime and I have to agree. Losing your memories might be something of a threat, but that is if you ever come back to the real world. There is minimal emphasis on that topic, or even discussing the possibility. Then again, if you'd want to stay on that world, there's no significant disadvantage on dying, hence less risks to venture outside of Akiba, perhaps to the Nine Tails Nation or Westelande, but we ddidn't even get that kind of thinking. Everything Shiroe considered was full of conservative "what-ifs" scenario, that were ingenious, yet the story lacks of realistic consideration on the psyche of one being trapped in such game world. There's no way no one tried to think or straight up even tried to kill themselves to go back to the real world. One possible explanation is that they're all probably NEETs as such having no obligations IRL so no motivation to return to the real world is very much unsurprising. I don't like SAO either, even dislike it to some degree, but defending the lack of logic in this matter is just fanboyism I feel like. On to season 2 but I won't expect much as I should have.
Sep 12, 2023 5:59 AM
May 2017
It much a satisfying finale as it mostly consisted of cheesy lines and an edgy character reveal.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.