Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2009 6:09 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Liang Qi - The confessing sadist

I loved the scene with Cummings, he just acted so...manly. Love is a great thing, isn't it? Poor Liang had to retreat so quickly though.

Now what is Canaan's true power, is there something more to her eyes? What kind of connection did Alphard have to Sian?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2009 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
Mmm, delicious plot.

Seriously, I've been waiting a long ass time for some straight up plot exposition like this.
Aug 29, 2009 9:48 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah thank God. We know whats going on finally. Cummings stepped up and Yun Yun continues to be awesome.
Aug 29, 2009 9:58 PM
Aug 2009
I wonder what Liang Qi's ending will be?

I'm also wondering if anyone will die.........
Aug 29, 2009 10:46 PM

Apr 2009
I want to know Alphards connection to Sian..
Yunyun is awesome. :)
Lol@ Liang Qi..
Aug 29, 2009 11:49 PM

Jul 2009
"Talk" "Talk" "Talk" "Talk" "Talk" "Talk"-------> Boring, prepared to 1/5 the ep

B-U-T !!! is it a bird? Is it a plane? Is it grandma panties-wearing Superman-iac ? NO! It's GODDESS Liang Qi in all of her glory!!!! I saw, and I... am...Cummings !!!!

"Because, because of love!" I seriously ROFL but alas, my happiness didnt last long as she soon was shot down by her GDODAMN sister who now turn Yandere over some flies' matter. Gotta Kudos Cummings for being the loyal capitalism pig he was supposed to be though xD

Now, I suppose I gotta cheer for Canaan to kick Alphard's ass... HARD now, she pissesd me off so bad in this ep, GRRRRRRR... start chewing popcorn and dreaming to do this to Alphard in my dream:

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 30, 2009 12:59 AM

Aug 2009
This episode is beyond awesome +\\\\\\+

Yea, the talk was pretty boring, but they do carry important information. Still don't know the whole story about Hakko though.

*hugs Yunyun XD

Gotta love Lian Qi for her obsessive sadistic self... LOVE! She actually reminds me of Ladd Russo from Baccano P:
Cummings, expectedly, loyal to her but I was sort of surprised Alphard didn't kill him...then again Alphard is inexplicable (that's why she's my favorite XD)

That confrontation at the end have me on the edge of my seat... what does Siam and Alphard's color mean?! Alphard may be the most badass female villain +w+ (hail Sakamoto Maaya-san!) Of course I still can't wait for the look on her face when Canaan actually DOES best her D:

*anticipating ep10

Aug 30, 2009 1:12 AM

Apr 2008
I would have dropped this immediately if she had killed Cummings. :/
Aug 30, 2009 1:13 AM

Apr 2009
i just can't believe how much they exploited those BB guns here.. and LOVE!.. good thing Cummings and Liang Qi are both still alive..

and does anybody know what light brown color means?

"I'm scared.. She's going to pull my tongue out.. Slowly and slowly, she's going to cut my neck open.. Then she'll stick her hands in my wound and stir my insides!" .. Liang Qi said some disturbingly amazing words here.. and Rie Tanaka acting great in it..
Aug 30, 2009 1:36 AM

Jul 2009
Frikin Awesome Episode!!! like how the plot is going..........Lol At YunYun She Got Her Ass Beat By Maria....kind of lol
Aug 30, 2009 1:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, this is some crazy shit. Awesome episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 30, 2009 2:29 AM

Jan 2009
Seriously, both Liang Qi and Cummings are batshit crazy : D
Also, Canaan's been too regular without being able to see colors, so I'm glad her colors seem to be about to return. Oh, yeah, in the preview of next episode, it seems her colors have returned : D Hurray
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 30, 2009 3:14 AM

Aug 2009
I'm still not exactly sure whats going on but I liked the episode. They should at least explain why did the CIA use the UV-virus on the villagers. It gives them special powers sure but is that the only reason? Their motives seem so unreal.
Aug 30, 2009 7:10 AM
Dec 2007
Too much dialogue in this episode, the rythm was very slow and the developments were not the best either. However, CANAAN remains one of the top series of the current season, and I'm eager to know how it will end.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 30, 2009 7:36 AM

Jul 2008
Liang Qi's exit was so much like super hero comics.
It's good to see some expositions atlast
Aug 30, 2009 7:49 AM
Jun 2008
Plate said:
I would have dropped this immediately if she had killed Cummings. :/

Alphard is cruel, but sensibly so. She thought about three steps ahead when it came to Cummings:

1. She knew he'd want to kill her, and so replaced his gun.
2. She knew she'd have to shoot him, and so turned her gun on him.
3. She knew she wouldn't want him dead, and so replaced her own gun with BB gun.

I mean seriously, it's just like she wanted to see him get pissed and prove himself.

If you look at Alphard's actions, she is really just a cat playing with the mice that are her dinner. Why hasn't she killed Canaan yet when she KNOWS Canaan will be a hindrance and also when she knows that Canaan is easy prey.

She just likes seeing people squirm.

I like that.
Aug 30, 2009 8:28 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode, lots of information and some intense scenes. Now that Alphard is also growing on me the list of characters which I really like in this show is starting to get quite long..
Aug 30, 2009 9:03 AM

May 2009
Fuck yeah, Cummings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2009 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, more story development, so that's good. I especially laughed a lot at Liang Qi madness, and Cummings "This is love !" :D
Aug 30, 2009 10:31 AM
Jul 2008
Great ep. Loved the helicopter battle, even if it was a bit short. Great plot development too.

Nice to see Canaan's "powers" returning, though like everyone, I'm eager to see what Alphard's connections to both Siam and Canaan are. I'm thinking Alphard used to be Siam's "apprentice" before Canaan, but they still haven't shown us why Alphard killed him (though simple jealousy, like everyone's been saying, could be a safe bet).

And Liang Qi is just... crazy. I mean, there have been some insane characters in anime, but she's on a whole different level o.O
Aug 30, 2009 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
I don't know why but I am so ashame of saying that Cummings is my favorite character in Canaan such a weird guy.

Nice episode.
Aug 30, 2009 12:56 PM
Jul 2009
Woah, this was a really good episode :D
Aug 30, 2009 1:39 PM

Feb 2009
Decent epd, especially for the plot.

I love those crazy type characters like Liang Qi.
Aug 30, 2009 1:54 PM

Feb 2009
lol at Yun Yun and Maria engaging in yuri s&m cat fight.

LOL at Alphard and Liang Qi engaging in ridiculous helicopter cat fight. xD Btw, how did Liang get herself a chopper?

I loved the BB gun scene, makes you wonder if these terrorists know the difference between a real charged gun and a BB charged imitation. ^^ Though I'm not surprised Alphard wasn't stupid enough to actually shoot someone in a helicopter using real bullets, especially while aiming at someone in front of all the flight board electronics.

Canaan is probably part of that experience described countless times but more precisely here. She's probably the fruit of all that effort, the perfect soldier, a successful and unique specimen.
Aug 30, 2009 1:56 PM

Sep 2007
Man Liang Qi is one crazy bitch. It's so lolz.
Aug 30, 2009 2:54 PM

Jul 2008
lolz
when Maria atked YunYun and the uzi guy came out of nowhere lolz

Wasabi said:

indeed lolz XD
Aug 30, 2009 3:51 PM

Aug 2008
We're getting more background, but we still don't know what Alphard is trying to do, and we don't know what happened to get her creating the snakes and working with the US. It's just such a bad way of presenting the story that it stalls progress and feels made up out of nowhere. Oh yeah, and we still don't know about Maria or Cannan's significance. Both of them seem to have a bit of amnesia.

And I really wish Liang Qi and Cummings had died...
(runs and hides)
Aug 30, 2009 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
noteDhero said:
And I really wish Liang Qi and Cummings had died...
(runs and hides)

B b b bbbb- Blasphemy! Burn the unbeliever!!

This ep's title should have been 'High Tension Rising'. Everyone's high stakes were put on the table and they each have a lot to lose... which should allow for a very dramatic (even tragic?) conclusion. Puppetmaster Alphard remains a mystery and I'm continually more excited too see what Her Plan is.

And if Liang Qi gets anymore psycho I don't think I'll be able to rationally contain my glee!
Aug 30, 2009 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
Alphards and Cummings gun seen was epic
loved this ep can''t wait till the next !! <3
Aug 30, 2009 5:31 PM
Aug 2009
definitely superb the bb-gun scene with Alphard and Cummings!

what, however, was predictable enough was having the guy who destroyed the village so many years ago having been in the CIA (an independent American agency, go figure Japanime). I get that <someone> has to be blamed.. but seriously.. US after US ridicul[e]/ousness is so.. Japanese. lol

all in all, still a great ep and i look forward to those to come.
Aug 30, 2009 7:50 PM

Jul 2009
I am loving this from the very beginning :D
It's an amazing series :)
Aug 30, 2009 8:28 PM
Dec 2008
Psychopaths are always fun to watch. I got to say, the BB scene was my favorite part of the show. I was like "oh shit, not Cummings!!" XD This character really grew on me you know. Hope he doesn't die at the end, and Canaan needs some kicking ass to do.
Aug 30, 2009 10:56 PM

Jul 2009
OftheFlesh said:
Psychopaths are always fun to watch. I got to say, the BB scene was my favorite part of the show. I was like "oh shit, not Cummings!!" XD This character really grew on me you know. Hope he doesn't die at the end, and Canaan needs some kicking ass to do.

Yeah, Alphard's ass need to be kicked for various blasphemish reasons... Go Canaan!!!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 31, 2009 12:14 AM
Feb 2009
tehnominator said:
If you look at Alphard's actions, she is really just a cat playing with the mice that are her dinner. Why hasn't she killed Canaan yet when she KNOWS Canaan will be a hindrance and also when she knows that Canaan is easy prey.
dont know why but i feel alphard being to "kind" to others considering how badass she suppose to be...
oblivious is a bliss
Aug 31, 2009 1:26 AM

Jul 2008
vucubcaquix said:
Mmm, delicious plot.

Seriously, I've been waiting a long ass time for some straight up plot exposition like this.
Me too. A lot of things were directly explained in this episode.

Liang Qi's helicopter assault was great, along with all the parts involved with it. And I enjoyed Yun Yun's little comedy performance at the beginning of the episode. Still, an appearance by Epic Taxi Driver would have been appreciated.
Aug 31, 2009 1:57 AM

Jul 2009
yakyuu-addict said:
vucubcaquix said:
Mmm, delicious plot.

Me too. A lot of things were directly explained in this episode.

Liang Qi's helicopter assault was great, along with all the parts involved with it. And I enjoyed Yun Yun's little comedy performance at the beginning of the episode. Still, an appearance by Epic Taxi Driver would have been appreciated.

Yup, lots of costumers in a desert for Taxi drivers. Some even pay double.

But you're right, it would have been awesome if Taxi driver was driving them around! He'd be singing all the way and i can imagine him going in High tension mode when Liang Qi attacked.
Aug 31, 2009 6:19 AM
Jun 2008
flame_tiong said:
tehnominator said:
dont know why but i feel alphard being to "kind" to others considering how badass she suppose to be...

She is badass. She's just fucking with people to amuse herself. Where's the fun in killing off the only real rival you have?
Aug 31, 2009 6:43 AM

Jul 2008
wow that explained a lot of the story parts.

Aug 31, 2009 8:27 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
ClearSinz said:
lolz
when Maria atked YunYun and the uzi guy came out of nowhere lolz

Wasabi said:

indeed lolz XD
Like acid right into the eyes.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 31, 2009 8:44 AM
May 2009
I hate it how Canaan is so helpless without her powers. She was tought battle by Siam after all.
Aug 31, 2009 9:29 AM

Dec 2008
Yeah The Canaan road movie(ep9),was full of cool and funny scenes

Hakko said don't kill him and then his head explodes XD

Haha@ Alphard wanted to kill her sister and the the air gun scene with Cummings.
the male characters are so dumb in this show.

Liang Qi's overacting in the helicoptet made me laugh a lot, too bad Alphard used the wrong ammo for attacking her sister's heli.
Aug 31, 2009 10:03 AM
Jul 2008
Really awesome episode, I especially liked the ending of it!
Aug 31, 2009 10:07 AM

Jun 2009
I just hope the Factory is as disturbing as it seems it will be. All the strange crying echoing around Liang in the dark room was wicked...
Aug 31, 2009 10:34 AM
Mar 2009
LOL @Maria pounding on Yun Mei
I wonder if everyone has an innate urge to visit their place of birth when they know their days are numbered?

Well, at least Canaan ability seem to have come back near the end of this episode. It was obvious she was at a disadvantage during her previous battle.
Aug 31, 2009 10:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
platin said:
I hate it how Canaan is so helpless without her powers. She was tought battle by Siam after all.
Relying on her powers all along, because that's how she's always been. Without her powers it's a whole new world.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 31, 2009 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
It's getting a lot interesting by now. I'm liking it.
Aug 31, 2009 5:57 PM

Aug 2009
Alexstratz said:

LOL at Alphard and Liang Qi engaging in ridiculous helicopter cat fight. xD Btw, how did Liang get herself a chopper?
Cause she's just awesome like that.
Aug 31, 2009 6:29 PM

May 2009
cyruz said:
platin said:
Relying on her powers all along, because that's how she's always been. Without her powers it's a whole new world.

its prolly about the same as if a normal person went blind, maybe even worse.
Sep 1, 2009 8:35 AM

Aug 2009
Hmm, I can't wait for the next Episode.
Sep 1, 2009 9:23 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode. A lot happened here and things were explained. Love the fights. Alphard is cool as always...just cruel though. LOL @ Cummings and Alphard. Airsoft guns LOL. Liang was entertaining again. Wicked girl. Hahaha. Can't wait for the next ep.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Aug 22, 2009

106 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 7:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.