Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 7, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2013
I'm interested in knowing if you guys think that true peace is within the scope of reality, a hopeless ideal or maybe an uneeded ambition, recently i have noticed that humanity cannot live without conflict perhaps we are too diffrent from each other. Some require the conflict to change, some require it to stay the same and some just want to watch the world burn. But to deny the very same conflict that helps us find other people and judge each other would be just plain dumb. Of course im not saying war is okay, i'm saying it might as well be hopeless to stop it, for if we want to stop the plague we call war, we must change and become something diffrent and maybe, frightening. I remmember reading a history book which said society requires revoulution for it cools our blood and satisfy's our thirst for change.

So share your opinions agree, disagree (let's have a bit of a mental conflict as well)
MrHawkyMar 7, 2014 2:52 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 7, 2014 2:45 PM
Dec 2013
True peace will never exist.
Mar 7, 2014 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
As long as humans have free will, differences will tear people apart, ideologies will form and nothing will ever be perfect; there will always be disagreements, variations in morality and most of all, choice. Until people can be controlled, there can be no true peace.
Mar 7, 2014 2:48 PM

Feb 2012
Because of human nature true peace will never exist.
Mar 7, 2014 2:50 PM

Dec 2013
Aylaine said:
As long as humans have free will, differences will tear people apart, ideologies will form and nothing will ever be perfect; there will always be disagreements, variations in morality and most of all, choice. Until people can be controlled, there can be no true peace.

And beacuse of that i think true peace is not worth it. It's better to die free then live being controlled
Mar 7, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
MrHawkeye said:
Aylaine said:

And beacuse of that i think true peace is not worth it. It's better to die free then live being controlled

True peace will be having a stable / fast internet connection and fan-subs coming out w/in 24hrs of a show being aired.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Mar 7, 2014 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
As I often say I'm a man of peace, for there is only peace when all my enemies are dead.

Free will and culture pretty much make this impossible unless you do one of three things.

One, wipe out everyone not in leauge with you for all time.

Two massive military force deployment and projection that makes everyone shut up till the day you slip up, then they roast you over a fire.

Or Three, you water down and make all aspects of life utterly meaningless and consumerist based, that all views and ideals are meaningless and everyone is apathetic.

Peace in general is not possible, ever.
Mar 7, 2014 2:52 PM

Nov 2008
MrHawkeye said:
Aylaine said:

Yeah and the true peace may come at a cost greater than the lost of free will, like true peace means that 90% of the population would be enslaved by a dictator or corporate control, if corporations overthrew the current government.

Mar 7, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
As I often say I'm a man of peace, for there is only peace when all my enemies are dead.

Free will and culture pretty much make this impossible unless you do one of three things.

One, wipe out everyone not in leauge with you for all time.

Two massive military force deployment and projection that makes everyone shut up till the day you slip up, then they roast you over a fire.

Or Three, you water down and make all aspects of life utterly meaningless and consumerist based, that all views and ideals are meaningless and everyone is apathetic.

Peace in general is not possible, ever.

And yet, so many strive for peace, perhaps it's human nature to want to do the impossible.
Mar 7, 2014 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
Don't they always?

But in general the Thrid option seems to be the one attempt with combinations of the 2nd, which is in the long run a deadly and stagnant formula.

If you want to see true peace, the best way in some ways is to group people according to views and beliefs, then Sink every ship and shootdown every plane, or build generational ships and send them to the far reaches of space from each other, so far in fact it would take another generation just to get a fleet near any of the others, plus another to build such a force. At best you can that way gain 100 maybe even 200 years of peace, in fact the more isolationist groupings might nor ever start any trouble.
Mar 7, 2014 3:16 PM

Sep 2012
There's always idiots and assholes.

And we as a species completely and totally glorify violence and suffering. So, that's probably not going away for a while. If ever.
Mar 7, 2014 3:24 PM

Dec 2012
Mar 7, 2014 3:25 PM

Feb 2014
Anti development, anti evolution
I think you'd look lovely with your wrists slit.
Mar 7, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2013
tsudecimo said:
http://oi60.tinypic.com/huin9v.jpg

I'm out.
And maybe beacause we are cursed we keep on living, because surely it can't get any worse
Mar 7, 2014 3:36 PM

Aug 2013
True peace would be boring

Go live a few years being completely accepting and cool with all differences and I mean all differences, embrace murderers as you do saints

Life gets old quick
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Mar 7, 2014 3:41 PM

Dec 2013
Mogu-sama said:
True peace would be boring

Go live a few years being completely accepting and cool with all differences and I mean all differences, embrace murderers as you do saints

Life gets old quick
Also that's why i wouldn't like to be immortal because everything would get too stale and unimpresive
Mar 7, 2014 4:00 PM

Jun 2008
There's already relative peace within certain developed countries. There's the occasional homicide, poverty, income equality here and there but, it's certainly absent of flat out war. On a global scale it's probably unlikely to ever happen though.
Mar 7, 2014 4:01 PM
Nov 2008
I've been enjoying peacetime since my birth, OP. It's pretty swell except for the fact that everyone gets worked up over relatively stupid issues to keep life interesting.
Mar 7, 2014 4:03 PM

Mar 2013
Define Peace, because according to Putins Nobel "Peace" Award, i think we're experiencing it as of now.
Happy Halloween
Mar 7, 2014 4:05 PM
Nov 2008
PDot19 said:
Define Peace, because according to Putins Nobel "Peace" Award, i think we're experiencing it as of now.
We are, Crimea high-five'd Russia.
Mar 7, 2014 4:08 PM

Mar 2013
Heredity said:
PDot19 said:
I cant help but wonder if they actually had a choice. Its either they became part of Putins hell hole or became nothing.
Happy Halloween
Mar 7, 2014 4:12 PM
Nov 2008
PDot19 said:
Heredity said:
PDot19 said:
I cant help but wonder if they actually had a choice. Its either they became part of Putins hell hole or became nothing.
Think of Crimea as a little money pocket and no one wants to lose it.
Mar 7, 2014 4:19 PM
Jan 2014
Peace as a lasting state of society can be achieved within a group of intelligent, rational, not biased, mature and caring individuals. So my answer is: no, its not possible. At least not absolute worldwide peace.
throwaway111Mar 7, 2014 4:34 PM
Mar 7, 2014 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
no i don't think there ever will be peace but somehow i might be proven wrong in the future
RRRRRRRRRR
Mar 7, 2014 4:34 PM
Jan 2014
beavis2323 said:
no i don't think there ever will be peace but somehow i might be proven wrong in the future
You are already proven wrong by the present.
Mar 7, 2014 5:14 PM

Nov 2013
An individual can be at peace
It could never happen worldwide though
Sad that I can say that with confidence huh

I can see you

Mar 7, 2014 7:17 PM
Dec 2013
I wish true peace could be attained, but people will always be fighting about something.

But I can still dream about it.
Mar 7, 2014 7:25 PM

Apr 2012
True peace? Easy - just kill every single living being in the universe and there'll be peace... at least until life appears again.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Mar 7, 2014 8:02 PM

Nov 2013
MrHawkeye said:
recently i have noticed that humanity cannot live without conflict

Imo...there's no worthwhile experience if there's no conflict/negativity. You could appreciate a sense of peace only because you're aware of the moments that aren't peaceful. A world with just peace, right now, sounds boring and unattainable. In a way, negativity should be embraced.
C_rnageMar 7, 2014 8:05 PM
Mar 7, 2014 8:06 PM

Jan 2013
And thats why we need a war.

But... After enduring over half a century wallowing in the darkness, for us, a simple "ordinary" war will no longer be sufficient. We need a MASSIVE war! A war beyond any other that man's history has ever known!

We are but a single battalion... The remnants of a defeated army numbering less than a thousand strong. However, I believe that each of you old warriors is worth a thousand of their sickly soft children! We represent a force that could easily defeat an army of a million and one men! It is time for us to awake the ones who sent us screaming into oblivion, and who now lie sleeping. Let's drag them out of bed by the hair, and remind them of what we are! We will remind them of what it feels like to live in fear. We will remind them of the sound our jackboots make against their throats. We will remind them, that there are more things between Heaven and Hell than are dreamt of in their philosophy.

Our Kampfgruppe of one thousand battle-hardened warriors will burn this world down to ash. Yes, my friends! Soon, Europe's charred remains will illuminate the night sky! I have brought you all back just as I promised I would. Back to our favorite battlefield. Back to our beloved war!

At last, the sea lion has crossed the ocean and is heading up the hill! Attention soldiers of the Millennium battalion, this is a message from your commander:

Friends... let's bring them Hell.
Mar 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Jun 2010
True peace lies not with people but within people, with everyone and everything and is easily corruptible.
Atlantica Online~ is where I spend far too much time.

O.O Markiplier is my favorite youtuber, and you're welcome.
Mar 7, 2014 8:48 PM

Jul 2008
True peace happens when humans get wiped off the face of the planet
Mar 7, 2014 8:56 PM

May 2013
y'all so pessemistic. of course world peace is possible...if we can conceive of it then we can achieve it.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Mar 7, 2014 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
OnlyEpix said:
y'all so pessemistic. of course world peace is possible...if we can conceive of it then we can achieve it.

I can conceive that all humans can fly with the power of our minds.

Would you care to walk off the cliff first?
Mar 7, 2014 9:42 PM

Jan 2014
Aylaine said:

I would add "in the material world" to the end of that, but I agree. There's just too much stuff to fight over in this reality. Even people who truly love each other fight like cats and dogs sometimes.
Mar 7, 2014 9:42 PM

May 2013
no and i wouldn't walk across a warzone minefield either, but i'm not going to shoot down the possibility of all nations ceasing warfare with one another, i think it could definitely happen one day. European nations used to fight with each other all the time and now they don't any more...could happen in other places as well.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 7, 2014 9:44 PM

May 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
OnlyEpix said:

I can conceive that all humans can fly with the power of our minds.

Would you care to walk off the cliff first?

and by the way if mental power can lead us towards flight i assume it would take much training before it was possible. it doesn't have to happen all at once. but that's a really far out example...

but also i jump off cliffs like crazy every summer lol. haven't flown yet but next time i'll try extra hard
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 7, 2014 10:03 PM

Jan 2013
Well now that must be interesting. I take it these cliffs go into pools of water. As to what the human brain can do, who knows, we use so little of it, or even what our bodies are capable of.
RedArmyShogunMar 7, 2014 10:40 PM
Mar 7, 2014 10:10 PM

May 2013
ya there's cliffs all over the chattahoochee river which i live near, they are great for testing your limitations. some people do gainers and shit off of em, its nuts.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 7, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2012
It´s nothing but a hopeless ideal, it´s not in humans nature to achieve true peace, no matter what they say. Society is proof enough of this, negative emotions like hatred and greed will always get in the way.
Mar 7, 2014 10:59 PM
Jul 2009
Aylaine said:

Agreed concerning the fact that most false peace only comes from subjugation. That situation comes from people losing their freedom, ideologies and stripped off of morals. A sense of a false and forced equality.

No music, no life. Know music, know life. Thomas Carlyle
Mar 8, 2014 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
"Utopia" is what civilization looks like a generation right before extinction.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Mar 8, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
UnculturedWhitey said:
"Utopia" is what civilization looks like a generation right before extinction.

This oddly is historically accurate.

Relivant given the "modern world"

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
Mar 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Nov 2013
War is convenient for some people, aslong as those in power want war there will never be peace. True peace is death.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 8, 2014 8:39 AM

Nov 2013
RedArmyShogun said:
As to what the human brain can do, who knows, we use so little of it, or even what our bodies are capable of.

Ehh? We use little? I thought that was a myth brought about by parapsychologists.
Mar 8, 2014 8:54 AM

Jan 2013
C_rnage said:
RedArmyShogun said:
As to what the human brain can do, who knows, we use so little of it, or even what our bodies are capable of.

Ehh? We use little? I thought that was a myth brought about by parapsychologists.

No its biologically true, in a sense, a number of cells are used, just not to the same level as others. So largely unknown, such as those stories of people getting insane amounts of power, that technically should be possible at all times if we knew how to unlock that portion of the brains control.
Mar 8, 2014 9:15 AM

Nov 2013
Just look at the current state of the world and that's proof that no one is using half their brains potential. Atleast no one among the elite.
SCARY MONSTER
Mar 8, 2014 9:32 AM

Jun 2013
Unless every human becomes a pacifist, I doubt "peace" shall ever exist.
Mar 8, 2014 9:32 AM

Dec 2013
GuusWayne said:
Just look at the current state of the world and that's proof that no one is using half their brains potential. Atleast no one among the elite.

And unfortunatley that's how it always has been and will be, unless something that shakes and completley revamps society and change's how we view each other.
Mar 8, 2014 9:34 AM

May 2013
MrHawkeye said:
GuusWayne said:

And unfortunatley that's how it always has been and will be, unless something that shakes and completley revamps society and change's how we view each other.

ya and in all honestly stuff like that happens all the time it's called human history. remember the 1960's, or world war II, or the rennaissance. in fact, we're due for another one...the internet itself has not yet met it's full potential, this thing is still under way.
I CELEBRATE myself,
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - 6 hours ago

7 by Amityblight »»
6 minutes ago

» Why aren't Americans rioting over the fact that McDonalds is now a Luxury Item? ( 1 2 )

vasipi4946 - May 30

53 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

18 by LoveYourSmile »»
2 hours ago

» Favorite evil laugh in fiction

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

14 by JusticeBastard »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Which is worse, reddit or 4chan. ( 1 2 )

Say-My-Name - Jul 29, 2022

89 by Shizuna »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.