Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 14, 2008 6:05 AM

Nov 2007

Fun and alcohol aren't linked inseperably. The way you put it, you have to drink alcohol to have a good time, and that honestly comes off as sad....

I didn't put it like that at all, I just said its fun - thats why I do it. I was giving a reason for me drinking alchole, since you seem to think its weird. Why are you attacking me for drinking alchole? most people drink alchole. Whats your problem?

are you reading my posts at all?
My past post:

But alot of my friends don't react to alchole that well, some get emo when their drunk, some get anti social, some get angry...
If alchole makes you unhappy then you probly shouldn't drink it- it works differently for every person.

Jan 14, 2008 7:39 AM

Jul 2007
You forgot the sentence before that one -_- :P

Everyone talks about rock these days, the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards
Jan 14, 2008 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Just for reassurance. Alcohol is spelled A-L-C-O-H-O-L. It's fine if you spell it wrong though on multiple instances if you've had too many. ;[

Sadly, the people that do drink excessively and just for the purpose of being drunk, it really shows in their replies. =\

You can't justify something immature and illegal by means of saying "it's fun" or "I just like it." >_>
Jan 14, 2008 7:47 AM

Jul 2007
kimochi said:
Just for reassurance. Alcohol is spelled A-L-C-O-H-O-L. It's fine if you spell it wrong though on multiple instances if you've had too many. ;[

Sadly, the people that do drink excessively and just for the purpose of being drunk, it really shows in their replies. =

You can't justify something immature and illegal by means of saying "it's fun" or "I just like it." >_>

Relax...maybe gela is dyslexic, or they just spell it that way where s/he is from.....although you'd think after quoting my posts with alcohol written as alcohol.....:P

Everyone talks about rock these days, the problem is they forget about the roll - Keith Richards
Jan 14, 2008 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
edythemighty said:
kimochi said:

Sadly, the people that do drink excessively and just for the purpose of being drunk, it really shows in their replies. =

Relax...maybe gela is dyslexic, or they just spell it that way where s/he is from.....although you'd think after quoting my posts with alcohol written as alcohol.....:P

That's more or less what I was getting at. It's spelled numerous times here, and if you're a Firefox user you get this little red dotted line underneath your misspelled words (like MS-Word).

I still think it's lame that people try and justify underage drinking with sorry excuses though. >_>
Jan 14, 2008 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
kimochi said:
edythemighty said:
kimochi said:

That's more or less what I was getting at. It's spelled numerous times here, and if you're a Firefox user you get this little red dotted line underneath your misspelled words (like MS-Word).

I still think it's lame that people try and justify underage drinking with sorry excuses though. >_>

Not excuses....more like reasons. We might think them stupid ones, but each person is entitled to their own choices. I don't agree at all with gela-chan, or any of my friends who drank when we were underaged, or even now, but I still wouldn't stop them, unless they got close to the alcohol poisoning limit.

Jan 14, 2008 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
edythemighty said:
kimochi said:
edythemighty said:
kimochi said:

Not excuses....more like reasons. We might think them stupid ones, but each person is entitled to their own choices. I don't agree at all with gela-chan, or any of my friends who drank when we were underaged, or even now, but I still wouldn't stop them, unless they got close to the alcohol poisoning limit.

Like I've said before though, I don't care what others do. But when they come to me and try to justify it, I think it's stupid. And just brush them off.
Jan 14, 2008 10:37 AM

Jun 2007
edythemighty said:
Aw come on...you'd probably fall outta window first....but a tree?

Trust me, I'm not sure how I got up there anyway. My memory skips from being at a party to calling a friend while standing on a limb 10 feet off the ground.

kimochi said:
Maybe you should question your intelligence again after making that comment.

I know some completely retarded yet highly risk-averse people. (Have I met one more?) I know some people who excel academically yet constantly make choices typically considered unwise solely for the thrill of it. I'm somewhere between the two.
ergodicJan 14, 2008 12:07 PM
Jan 14, 2008 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
jorgzimmer said:
edythemighty said:
Aw come on...you'd probably fall outta window first....but a tree?

Trust me, I'm not sure how I got up there anyway. My memory skips from being at a party to calling in a friend while standing on a limb 10 feet off the ground.

Still....a tree....XD De-evolution at work? XD Sorry...it's just too funny

Jan 14, 2008 1:07 PM

Aug 2007
My mom let's me try it every once in a while.

Baileys ftw. (or however you spell it)
Jan 14, 2008 1:10 PM

Jul 2007
Cheezy said:
My mom let's me try it every once in a while.

Baileys ftw. (or however you spell it)

Hehe...reminds me of a running joke referring to Bailey's and what....male sexual excretions taste like.....man that's a fun joke to play on friends :D

Jan 14, 2008 1:37 PM

Aug 2007
kimochi said:
I don't recall ever saying anything like "You're a bad person if you drink, you fail." Or anything along those lines. I'm against drinking all together, but that's just me. If I did it, I'd temporarily hate myself for breaking my promise to myself not to do it. I have a lot of self pride, and one of those things I'm proud of is that I can say I've never done any drugs, drank a sip of alcohol, or smoked a single cigarette. It's a nice feeling when the paramedics come to get you and they ask, "Have you had any of these substances?" and you can proudly declare, "No sir, I haven't."

I don't have a problem if you drink, or someone else drinks, and I don't care if anyone gets drunk. It's only for me. You can go get drunk until you spill your brains into the toilet. As long as it's not affecting me, I don't care. I don't see it to be an evil thing, as you said, but just something that's commonly abused and I don't want anything to do with it.

(By the way, I really did get asked that question by the paramedics once. This year even. I passed out in my last class on the fourth day of school. [Was really hot, and I didn't have much water]).

I know you didn't say that specifically, I just meant thats how you were coming across to me, and if I was wrong, as I seem to be, that's totally cool and I'm glad. Also, I'm not saying you are wrong in your views - as I said, I've never been drunk either. Regarding drunkenness in others, I agree that as long as it's not affecting me, I don't care, at least to a point. I do hate random drunk people trying to have conversations with me - that is affecting me.

However (and this is my personal opinion, nothing more, don't think I'm attacking your POV, just putting a different view that I think maybe you should think about) I wonder if it's really sensible to be proud of being closed-minded about mood-altering substances. In a way I'd be really interested to try drunkenness and some drugs, it's just I'm more worried about losing control and about potential consequences than I am interested in the experiences I'd have. I could even say I'm almost ashamed that I'm as risk-averse as I am, considering all the great things people have done under the influence of an altered state of consciousness.
YourMessageHereJan 14, 2008 1:42 PM
Jan 14, 2008 2:17 PM

Jan 2008
YourMessageHere said:
I could even say I'm almost ashamed that I'm as risk-averse as I am, considering all the great things people have done under the influence of an altered state of consciousness.

In keeping with the different views expressed in this drunken thread, I think Lennon would have been insulted if you suggested to him he wouldnt have written the songs he did, or made the music he did, if he wasnt on drugs. Infact, I think McCartney even expressed this sentiment in an interview once. I read that for one of their trippy tunes ('Within You Without You', I think) they were high at the time and created a new type of sound purely by accident, somebody accidentally hit a switch or something trivial like that. Hardly an inspiring example of LSD's influence on music, right?

Personally, I believe mind-altering substances do the exact opposite of what many of its proponents praise it for. If you want to glimpse true reality, you have to empty your mind. Not fill it with junk.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 14, 2008 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
Never drank...WAY too young.

My uncle wanted me to try a sip of wine when I was 11. He lives in China, so I don't what the legal drinking age is...but I'm sure it's not 11.

I doubt I'll ever drink because I'm a goody-goody-two-shoes and plainly it seems nasty.
Jan 14, 2008 3:45 PM

Dec 2007
ive been drinking since i was in middle school but now i only got a few more months to go before i can start legally so im trying to get my tolerance up before my birthday so i wont be the first the KO and get drawn on or wedgied -_-
Jan 14, 2008 5:32 PM

Nov 2007

Sadly, the people that do drink excessively and just for the purpose of being drunk, it really shows in their replies. =\

firstly, I dont drink excessivly. I can happily say that Iv only been drunk enough to have a hangover twice - Once on New Years, and once on Schoolies - and it wasn't particularly pleasent, so I dont plan on doing it again.
Most of the time I have about 4 low alchole percentage drinks.
Second, drinking isn't immature. Jesus drank wine. Adults drink. Whats immature is attacking something you don't know anything about.
Thirdly, I suck at spelling. It doesnt mean im stupid, Im good at maths instead. I'v just got over having to go and spell check all of my words in google.

This is what I told my friend who had was yelling at us for drinking, and calling us names.
Its immature. We could easily call people who don't drink nerdy, or geeky, or the fun police. We dont, because we respect their decisions. I wish people who don't drink would get off their high horse, and just accept it for what it is. Stop looking down on people who drink like your better then them.
Eg.

But when they come to me and try to justify it, I think it's stupid. And just brush them off.

Jan 14, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2007
We are basically telling you the right spelling of alcohol, and you don't pick it up....also, the part about drinking and such being immature is about underage drinking, and you justify yourself with Jesus and adults. Stick to the topic at least >.>

Jan 14, 2008 6:03 PM

Nov 2007
I am sticking to the topic.
Doing something that adults do didn't strike me as immature. You say im immature for drinking before I hit an 'age', but what does that mean?
I can confidently say im more mature then alot of people who are of age. Im young for my school year, most of my classmates are of age. I am on the same level as they are, and yet when I drink I am immature, and when they drink they are mature? That actualy makes me laugh.
I will agree that alot of 16 year olds go out and get off their faces for the sake of it, and act immaturely with alcohol. But don't generalise everyone into that catagory. If your hanging around people who are of age and can drink, its unfair to say that you can't drink because you are 'under age'.
btw, I didnt change my spelling because like I said. I dont care. I am over it, but I fixed it just for you, happy?. Spelling is more offtopic then adults drinking.
You always seem to ignor my main points and have a go and little irrevelent things.
Jan 14, 2008 6:10 PM

Jul 2007
Gela-Chan said:
If your hanging around people who are of age and can drink, its unfair to say that you can't drink because you are 'under age'.

Yeah, real unfair that you have to respect laws concerning controlled substances.

Also, some of my posts did come at your spelling, and others were responses to your "main points".

Jan 14, 2008 6:46 PM

Nov 2007
laws are made on generalisations. Generalisations are innacurate. Btw, my little sister was picked up by the police for being very drunk on new years when she was 14. Mum just had to go and pick her up.. no questions were asked, and no fines were issued.

Main points that havent been discussed:

Alcohl is fun. Thats why people have it.
(You just turned that into an attack - saying its sad that I need alcohol.. which I never said anyway..)

Alcohol is about effect not taste..

whats immature is attacking something you know nothing about

Drinkers can easily call non-drinkers nerdy, geeky or fun police. But we dont, we respect their decisions and we don't look down on them. Non drinkers seem to think their above drinkers and look down on them. That is immature.

I am on the same level as people who are of age, but when I drink its immature, and when they drink its mature.
Jan 14, 2008 7:48 PM
Jan 2008
Drink is not something really bad.
Get drunk is, when you affect other people.
If you're not doing anything bad to someone else, so it's only your problem, then I don't care..
Jan 14, 2008 8:29 PM

Nov 2007
Gela-Chan said:

Drinkers can easily call non-drinkers nerdy, geeky or fun police. But we dont, we respect their decisions and we don't look down on them. Non drinkers seem to think their above drinkers and look down on them. That is immature.

Way to generalize. I get made fun of all the time for not drinking. In fact, just today my uncles were making fun of me because I don't drink.

Also known as Monster in a box, but I hate that handle...and it doesn't fit here.
Jan 14, 2008 8:41 PM

Nov 2007

Way to generalize. I get made fun of all the time for not drinking. In fact, just today my uncles were making fun of me because I don't drink.

Thats a bitch, and its not fair.
I supose I was refering more to trends in this thread and my own expeiriences.
Jan 14, 2008 8:46 PM

Nov 2007
I drink, though I'm 22, and legal age is 18 here (UK) so it's hardly a big deal anymore.

That said, I was drinking when I was 16/17, it really didn't seem like a big deal, it's not like I got can't-walk wasted and threw up on people.

Jan 14, 2008 9:30 PM

May 2007
Underage drinking? :O Well last time I checked 15 was underage so I'm guilty I guess. XD I don't do it often or anything; only at birthday parties. I can hold my alcohol though so 'tis never been a real problem.

❝goodbyes are always hard, no matter how you might try to make them easier.❞

Jan 14, 2008 9:40 PM

Jan 2007
Gela-Chan said:
Alcohl is fun. Thats why people have it.
(You just turned that into an attack - saying its sad that I need alcohol.. which I never said anyway..)

Alcohol is about effect not taste..

That's a good point. It's not about the "need" so much as the "want," and what we're willing to do to get it. On the one hand, that's really awful - doing something you don't even like that much just to get the after-effects. But it's true for a lot of drinkers, and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't true for me sometimes, too.

Put that way, it seems pretty pathetic. But it doesn't mean I'm going to stop. Drinking makes even smart people stupid, I suppose.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.