Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 1, 2014 10:54 PM

Feb 2014
skyzblue said:
Have some faith. We have 3 potential masterpieces in Mushishi S2, Mahouka and Sidonia.

Fate/Stay Night says hello..

I keep forgetting Fate/Stay Night. I really hope this achieves what Zero did and doesn't end up like the shitty previous Fate/Stay Night adaptation.
Mar 1, 2014 11:00 PM

Jan 2013
stealthdasher said:
skyzblue said:
Have some faith. We have 3 potential masterpieces in Mushishi S2, Mahouka and Sidonia.

Fate/Stay Night says hello..

I keep forgetting Fate/Stay Night. I really hope this achieves what Zero did and doesn't end up like the shitty previous Fate/Stay Night adaptation.
Ufotable>>>>>>>Studio Deen..
So yeah, you can be rest assured the new one will be good..
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Mar 1, 2014 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Oneeyedwolf said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:

Oneeyedwolf said:
attack on titan season 2 wont be out until next year.
Come again?

It will be out in 2015. Not 2014.
Verification where?

skyzblue said:
bloodiemonster said:
1-Monogatari season 2
2-Nisekoi
3-Kill La Kill ( depends if you count it, but I do since it's still airing)
4-Fate/staynight
5 Noragami

also looking forward to Kizumonogatari movie!!!
(as you can tell I'm a big shaft fan >.< witch influences my opinion)

Didn't Monogatari 2nd season came in 2013?

He/she may be referring to Hanamonogatari. It's official title (Monogatari Series: Second Season +α.) is very similar to the amazing series that aired last year.
Mar 1, 2014 11:49 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Reopened. The OP has added some additional comments to encourage more discussion, and the thread has been cleaned of some spam comments. Don't just simply list shows, explain why you think these will be the best of the year.
rodacMar 2, 2014 2:11 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 2, 2014 2:20 AM

Feb 2014
I want to watch before make a comment about anime, which may be exalted and make me disadpointed . SAOII ( Gun Gale Online ) is the most hopeful anime with me.

This world is merciless but it's also beautiful

Mikasa Ackerman

Mar 2, 2014 2:30 AM

Feb 2014
Ok guys the the thread has been reopened and remember to try and discuss and explain your faviorite 2014 anime this time. I'll show you an example from another anime I think will stand out in 2014.

Akame Ga Kill is a amazing manga series by writer Tashiro Tetsuya and artist Takahiro. I've been hearing that the anime adaptation may be released this year. Akame Ga Kill is brilliant it is dark,violent and a little gory and I can recommend it to Attack On Titan fans going through withdrawal until the second season airs. It is set in a dark fantasy world and focuses on themes such as friendship, war, inequality, discrimination & tragedy. It is a wonderful tale of adventure and you will really want to get behind the young protagonist Tatsumi through his journey in the dark, cruel, fantasy world of Akame Ga Kill. Your also going love the supporting characters as they together with Tatsumi truly bring this series to life. For some this anime will send you on an emotional roller-coaster of feels and I think it has potential to be one of the best of the year, that is if it gets released this year.
AzlanMar 2, 2014 3:58 AM
Mar 2, 2014 3:44 AM

Oct 2013
skyzblue said:
bloodiemonster said:
1-Monogatari season 2
2-Nisekoi
3-Kill La Kill ( depends if you count it, but I do since it's still airing)
4-Fate/staynight
5 Noragami

also looking forward to Kizumonogatari movie!!!
(as you can tell I'm a big shaft fan >.< witch influences my opinion)

Didn't Monogatari 2nd season came in 2013?

lol opse its Monogatari season 2 +a
http://myanimelist.net/anime/21855/Monogatari_Series:_Second_Season_+%CE%B1/
I think its a sequel to monogatari hopefully not a movie >.>
[/quote]
Mar 2, 2014 8:43 AM

Jul 2012
parfaited said:

Not to mention that things like LoGH and that supposed Gundam Origins don't even have an airing date yet.

Hopefully they will announce it after the last Gundam Unicorn episode.
הלב שלי כבר מת
Mar 2, 2014 12:11 PM
Oct 2010
skudoops said:
-Unicorn 7
-Gundam The Origin
-FSN remake
-Kizumonogatari
-Jojo
- G-Reko

One of these.

Since we need reasons..

Unicorn 7 - The battles in this show are just amazing, and if the others are anything to go buy 7 is going to be awesome as well. The story is just kind of there and the MC is a bit too whiny for my taste but damn the rest make up for it.

Gundam The Origin - A remake of the original gundam which a lot of us mecha people really enjoyed.

FSN remake - The first adaptation imo wasn't too bad considering I knew nothing of the source material, even after knowing a bit of the source material I still don't think it was that bad, so being re done by a better studio and having more faithful adaptation should be pretty awesome.

Kizumonogatari - After doing a complete 180 on this franchise I think I can safely say that Kizumonogatari is one of the most anticipated movies for anyone that likes monogatari. It's supposed to show some critical backstory on certain characters and give us answers for some of the questions we have. SHAFT hasn't disappointed me with this series so far (outside of Nise which was for a whole different reason) so I expect this to be great.

JoJo - What can I say? If you like GAR and ridiculousness then this show delivers. I don't know if they can top speedwagon and stroheim but I hope they are able to.

G-reko - A new mecha series (supposedly) made by the master himself, Tomino. That's enough to get any mecha fan hyped.
Mar 2, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Makomonogatari said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
I think it's considered a 2013 show.
I prefer to go by when shows finish airing. Makes more sense imo.

Could you elaborate on that? I never got why this would make more sense. When any show starts for the first ~13 episodes (and the whole time period before airing) everybody refers to it as a show of the current season (Fall for Kill la Kill) and compares it to the other shows of that season. But once a series enters 2-cour half the people suddenly see it as a show of the next season/year(winter/2014 in this case). How does that make more sense than just continuuing to refer to it as a Fall show like we've done all the months before that?
Sure.

When you're making "best anime of ____ " considerations, it's implied that the anime under consideration have aired to a point where it would be reasonable to assess them as complete products. In my opinion, that point is almost always during the year in which anime finish airing.

Longwinded explanation that kind of turns into a rant:

As for the problem you mentioned, I've never run into it because I don't usually refer to show by the season they began airing. I just say hasn't aired yet, currently airing, or aired. To use an extreme example, it would be a bit ridiculous to refer to One Piece as a Spring 1999* anime or whatever. *I made that date up, lol.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Mar 2, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
not in a specific order

1. Fairy tail (2014)

2. Fate/Stay Night (2014)

3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders

4. Hamatora The Animation

5. Space Dandy

6. Hanamonogatari

(this is assuming there will not be a new SnK anime or Kizumonogatari this year)
Mar 2, 2014 12:45 PM

Feb 2010
@Makomonogatari

But it wouldn't be ridiculous to say One Piece is a 1999 anime because that's when it started. With your method you wouldn't be able to refer to it at all until it finishes. Long-runners are an exception anyway, because you usually name them in a separate category (long-runners) instead of talking about them in terms of seasons.

I don't get the ambiguity you fuss about though, obviously I can only make a final judgment on my 2013 toplist when all the 2013 shows have finished. Doesn't suddenly make the show be from a different season or year though and it's not making things complicated at all if you ask me. Your way or my way - you'll have to reserve final judgment for the final epsisode. I don't see the connection between that jdudgin process and the categorization in seasons/years. But, well, let's leave it at that as we seem to disagree about it.

Just one more (natural) example from real life. The semester at uni that goes from september/october until about february/march is called the winter 2013 semester even though the last 2 or 3 months are in 2014. It always seemed natural to me to name and categorize things like that until I met the anime community.
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 2, 2014 1:01 PM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I don't get the ambiguity you fuss about though, obviously I can only make a final judgment on my 2013 toplist when all the 2013 shows have finished. Doesn't suddenly make the show be from a different season or year though and it's not making things complicated at all if you ask me. Your way or my way - you'll have to reserve final judgment for the final epsisode. I don't see the connection between that jdudgin process and the categorization in seasons/years. But, well, let's leave it at that as we seem to disagree about it.
I guess I just don't understand the rationale behind making two lists instead of one. Top Anime of 2013 (for now) and Top Anime of 2013 (for real this time), instead of just Top Anime of 2014.

Just one more (natural) example from real life. The semester at uni that goes from september/october until about february/march is called the winter 2013 semester even though the last 2 or 3 months are in 2014. It always seemed natural to me to name and categorize things like that until I met the anime community.
That's so wrong to me, haha. Like someone put the cookies in the box the wrong way.
LoneWolf said:
Mar 2, 2014 1:28 PM

Jan 2014
Celestrial2 said:
not in a specific order

1. Fairy tail (2014)

5. Space Dandy

6. Hanamonogatari

(this is assuming there will not be a new SnK anime or Kizumonogatari this year)

I'm confuse? I'm currently watching jo jo bizzare adventure 2012. Is 2012 the first season? Becuse u put part 3?
Mar 2, 2014 1:29 PM

Feb 2010
Makomonogatari said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I guess I just don't understand the rationale behind making two lists instead of one. Top Anime of 2013 (for now) and Top Anime of 2013 (for real this time), instead of just Top Anime of 2014.

It's the same list, you just edit it :P. I may be ambiguous for one season until the 2-cour shows have finished, but the other way round is confusing even years later :>.
The thing is that I doubt that you and most people like you don't still mention shows like Kill la Kill for best/worst/whatever show 2013 while it still is 2013 and compare it to other (Fall) 2013 shows at that time. In theory it makes sense to use the date at which you can judge a show in it's entirety as the criteria, but the majority of people will still actually talk about and compare and rate/judge the show while it is airing so using that argument seems hypocritical to me unless you really hold back on sharing your opinion on any show before it has finished airing and you completed it.

That's so wrong to me, haha. Like someone put the cookies in the box the wrong way.

Rofl. Isn't i the same everywhere?
AlcoholicideMar 2, 2014 1:33 PM
Mar 2, 2014 1:30 PM
Mar 2013
Fairy Tail 2014, without a doubt
Mar 2, 2014 1:35 PM
Jul 2013
Pupa!
Mar 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Jun 2012
People are still waiting on G-reko? It's been like two years since the initial reveal and honestly speaking the project is far too ambitious for Tomino to make it exactly how he wants it.
skudoops said:
JoJo - What can I say? If you like GAR and ridiculousness then this show delivers. I don't know if they can top speedwagon and stroheim but I hope they are able to.
Kakyoin and Polnareff are most definitely manly, but they have nowhere near the testosterone levels of Speedwagon.
Oneeyedwolf said:
Celestrial2 said:
not in a specific order

1. Fairy tail (2014)

5. Space Dandy

6. Hanamonogatari

I'm confuse? I'm currently watching jo jo bizzare adventure 2012. Is 2012 the first season? Becuse u put part 3?
The first season covers parts one and two which were 5-6 volumes of Manga each.
The next season will cover part three which is 17 volumes, parts four-eight are 17-24 volumes of Manga each.
OchimushaMar 2, 2014 1:44 PM
Mar 2, 2014 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
YorozuyaGinSan said:
People are still waiting on G-reko? It's been like two years since the initial reveal and honestly speaking the project is far too ambitious for Tomino to make it exactly how he wants it.
skudoops said:
Kakyoin and Polnareff are most definitely manly, but they have nowhere near the testosterone levels of Speedwagon.
Oneeyedwolf said:
Celestrial2 said:
not in a specific order

1. Fairy tail (2014)

5. Space Dandy

6. Hanamonogatari

The first season covers parts one and two which were 5-6 volumes of Manga each.
The next season will cover part three which is 17 volumes, parts four-eight are 17-24 volumes of Manga each.

Oh, ok. Thnx.
Mar 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Rofl. Isn't it the same everywhere?
Nope. At Canadian universities, Fall 2014 will go from September to December 2014 and Winter 2015 will start in January 2015. So 2014 semesters are strictly in 2014, lol.

It sounds like you only have two semesters (vs. our three), which I suppose explains the difference. Everyone wants to start in September, because that lines up with the high school calender. Unless high school doesn't start in September in Austria, in which case my mind = blown.
JoshMar 2, 2014 2:08 PM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 2, 2014 2:09 PM

Feb 2010
Makomonogatari said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Nope. At Canadian universities, Fall 2014 will go from September to December 2014 and Winter 2015 will start in January 2015. So 2014 semesters are strictly in 2014, lol.

That's not a semester then, that's a quarter, right? How many of them do you have per year? Seems a bit short and/or lacking a break in between them for what we know as semesters here.
Shortening it like that is a neat solution though :P.
Mar 2, 2014 2:26 PM

Aug 2012
Noragami's making a case for top five at least, especially with the latest episode.
Mar 2, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2010
Nicobade said:
Fate/Stay Night new project. Can't think of anything else I am looking forward to so I can't really make a prediction of anything more than that.
Ooh this.

Although I'm also looking forward to SAO II (Kirito as a "girl" should be interesting).

Is Noragami that good? I kind of put it off around episode 5.
Mar 2, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Makomonogatari said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
That's not a semester then, that's a quarter, right? How many of them do you have per year? Seems a bit short and/or lacking a break in between them for what we know as semesters here.
Shortening it like that is a neat solution though :P.
Oh, oops. I didn't realize that 'semester' actually meant half of a year, lol. I thought it was just a synonym of 'term'. We call them terms and have three per year (four months each). There isn't much of a break in between them, but most students don't go to school during the Spring term—essentially allowing them a four month break.
JoshMar 2, 2014 3:02 PM
LoneWolf said:
Mar 2, 2014 3:30 PM
Mar 2014
Flume said:
1. SAO II
2. SAO II
3. SAO II
Mar 2, 2014 5:58 PM

Dec 2012
Pknoctis said:
Nicobade said:
Fate/Stay Night new project. Can't think of anything else I am looking forward to so I can't really make a prediction of anything more than that.
Ooh this.

Although I'm also looking forward to SAO II (Kirito as a "girl" should be interesting).

Noragami imo is fairly good. It isn't amazing or anything and won't top my list but it may be good enough to take a place in my top 10.
Mar 2, 2014 6:08 PM

Sep 2012
Pknoctis said:

Did you like what you see so far? If not, then it might be better for you to drop it, it doesn't really change that much.

I think it's a fine show though.
Mar 2, 2014 9:17 PM

Feb 2014
SetsukoHara said:
Pknoctis said:

Did you like what you see so far? If not, then it might be better for you to drop it, it doesn't really change that much.

Noragami is possibly one of the most underrated shows of this season.
Mar 2, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2014
Mahouka manga is really good, I hope it gets adapted to anime

Trinity Seven, I heard that it will get an anime adaptation
MY ZEUS, A.K.A “King of The Robots”

Check this for my Mangas:
MangaUpdates
Mar 2, 2014 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
Knightzomegaz said:

Mahouka is getting an anime and its airing next month. I also agree that in saying that the manga is excellent for one based off a light novel.

Here's a commercial for the mahouka anime - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3_jXGtFwlM

Also I did not know that Trinity Seven was getting an adaptation. Are you sure about that?
Mar 2, 2014 11:51 PM

Apr 2013
samishime said:
Ping Pong, of course.........................

Yeahhhhhhhhhh
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 3, 2014 1:00 AM

Feb 2014
ButNotForMe said:
samishime said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

What is all thing hype surrounding Ping Pong? Is it because it is one of the greatest sports ever created.
Mar 3, 2014 1:06 AM

Apr 2013
stealthdasher said:
ButNotForMe said:
samishime said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

What is all thing hype surrounding Ping Pong? Is it because it is one of the greatest sports ever created.

Because it is directed by Masaaki Yuasa and he is cool
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Mar 3, 2014 2:12 AM

Dec 2012
stealthdasher said:
SetsukoHara said:
Pknoctis said:

Noragami is possibly one of the most underrated shows of this season.

Lol what no.

Noragami isn't underrated at all. It is the 2nd highest rated show of the whole season only being beaten by Silver Spoon Season 2.
Mar 3, 2014 2:24 AM

Jul 2013
stealthdasher said:
Knightzomegaz said:

Mahouka is getting an anime and its airing next month. I also agree that in saying that the manga is excellent for one based off a light novel.

Here's a commercial for the mahouka anime - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3_jXGtFwlM

Also I did not know that Trinity Seven was getting an adaptation. Are you sure about that?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=926341

Don't really know how far the raw is but I've read up to 30+ chapters and it's pretty good mostly because of the cool, likeable MC. Here's hoping the sales will be like Highschool DxD if not better :>
EasyGo-erMar 3, 2014 2:27 AM

Mar 3, 2014 2:29 AM

Feb 2014
EasyGo-er said:

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=926341

Yes finally Trinity Seven gets an anime, it sure deserved one. My mind is ready for this anime but my body is not.
Mar 3, 2014 3:01 AM

Feb 2013
Woah wait Mushishi season 2 is actually happening?!
Mar 3, 2014 3:07 AM

Feb 2014
deadjames said:

Yes it is sir. Its coming out net month.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news/2014-01-04/mushishi-anime-gets-2nd-season-in-april
Mar 3, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2013
Noragami and Hanamonogatari.
Mar 3, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2011
stealthdasher said:
ButNotForMe said:
samishime said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

Yes. Ping Pong is the sport played by the most cultured of gentlemen.

Mar 3, 2014 12:12 PM

Sep 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
(1) Jojo

(2) Jojo

(3) Jojo

I think you counted to three wrong

^this
/thread
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Mar 3, 2014 12:18 PM

Jul 2013
noragami

fate stay/ night

aldnoah zero

mekaku city actors

tokyo ghoul- has the potential to be a great horror show

so far of course
orchidorkMar 3, 2014 2:25 PM
Mar 3, 2014 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
Sword Art Online II, Noragami and Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.
Mar 3, 2014 3:15 PM

Feb 2010
SolBlade said:
stealthdasher said:
ButNotForMe said:
samishime said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

It's also the new Yuasa show. The combination creates the hype.
Mar 3, 2014 4:08 PM

Feb 2014
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
SolBlade said:
stealthdasher said:
ButNotForMe said:
samishime said:

Yeahhhhhhhhhh

It's also the new Yuasa show. The combination creates the hype.

This Yuasa dude better capture the elegance an grace of Ping Pong.
Mar 3, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2012
deadjames said:
Seems you've been dead for the past two months james.
Mar 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Jul 2010
Mekakucity Actors, Haikyuu!, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Hanamonogatari, SAO II, Mushishi S2.
Tho if new season of Gintama comes out this year it will top out all of them, lel.
Mar 3, 2014 9:27 PM

Feb 2014
iLostReason said:
Mekakucity Actors, Haikyuu!, Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, Hanamonogatari, SAO II, Mushishi S2.
Tho if new season of Gintama comes out this year it will top out all of them, lel.

I also really hope Gintama gets another season. I really miss it.
Mar 3, 2014 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Noragami has been good so far, looking forward to some of the upcoming titles.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

65 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
2 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
18 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
21 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
22 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.