Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 10, 2009 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
Dude, holy shit. That episode was fucking amazing.
Aug 10, 2009 8:39 PM

Apr 2008
I now rate this season a 3. First season was more dramatic and had more character depth than this bullshit.

It's just pretty and very fast moving anime with no emotional or personal relationships between the characters, other then that of Ed and Al.

*Yawn*

I still laugh at the reviews for this anime.
Top Review "91 of 228 people found this review helpful" ...the person that reviewed it only saw two episodes at the time. Pathetic
LvhinaAug 10, 2009 8:44 PM
Aug 10, 2009 8:40 PM

Jul 2008
ArnoldK said:
Bleeding and left for dead, he cuts an alchemy circle into his hand and uses the flint from the lighter to create a flame to burn the wound closed. Which is about 10,000 CCs of GAR manliness right there.
Oh yeah. He is gar beyond words. Goddamn.

BEGINNER
Aug 10, 2009 8:50 PM

Feb 2009
Lvhina said:
I now rate this season a 3. First season was more dramatic and had more character depth than this bullshit.

It's just pretty and very fast moving anime with no emotional or personal relationships between the characters, other then that of Ed and Al.

*Yawn*

Top Review "91 of 228 people found this review helpful" ...the person that reviewed it only saw two episodes at the time. Pathetic

Assuming it stays true to the manga, you might change your mind if you stick with this.

Aug 10, 2009 9:05 PM

Apr 2008
ArnoldK said:
Assuming it stays true to the manga...

however in numerous cases that is a rarity, i'm just watching it because I enjoy spoiling it to my friend when the raws are out sunday and eclipse subs its on tuesday :-p
Aug 10, 2009 9:23 PM

Feb 2009
Best ep of FMA brotherhood untill now, I hope that the next episodes get to be as good as this one.
Aug 10, 2009 9:28 PM

Jul 2007
Cant wait for the next one, should be interesting! ^^
Aug 10, 2009 10:05 PM

Sep 2008
now that im watching this one i wonder who the hell maked the first season that way, the manga must be fucking awsome
mustang has just one adjetive, a man
al was very cool 2
and barry was pitful (but i lliked him tou)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Aug 10, 2009 10:14 PM

Apr 2008
Zero_r2 said:
now that im watching this one i wonder who the hell maked the first season that way, the manga must be fucking awsome
mustang has just one adjetive, a man
al was very cool 2
and barry was pitful (but i lliked him tou)

sorry still isn't following the manga.. ;-) first season > this
Aug 10, 2009 10:39 PM

Jul 2007
ArnoldK said:
Lvhina said:

*Yawn*

Assuming it stays true to the manga, you might change your mind if you stick with this.

I really really REALLY doubt that. Considering this certain person seems to appreciate FMA1 in *cough*special way*cough* I think he/she/it can't help but denominate the superior adaptation.

Him/Her/It rating this episode like he/she/it did is the pure proof of that.
AhenshihaelAug 10, 2009 10:50 PM
Aug 10, 2009 11:13 PM

Apr 2008
But you have to agree with me here, Fullmetal brotherhood is basically eyecandy under the pretext of following the manga. Sure they kept some humor from the manga but whenever hughes died in brotherhood, i didn't feel emotional one bit opposed to the first season. And on the subject of hughes , based on the "brotherhood" anime alone, the brothers had no defined relationship him other than the food his wife made. Ed was torn to pieces from hughes death from only meeting him a couple times in the anime?

This is a failed adaptation of the manga and shouldn't even be compared to it, so back to my main point if you enjoy the eye candy, fast pace and humor this season is for you. But for more character depth coming out of an anime i suggest the first season.

I see this anime as i see dragon ball Kai...... a good anime in the first however trying to branch on a separate generation of people royally fked it up
Aug 10, 2009 11:16 PM
Jan 2008
That was probably the best episode so far this season. Roy is IMPOSSIBLY badass.
Aug 10, 2009 11:28 PM

Nov 2008
Lvhina said:
ArnoldK said:

however in numerous cases that is a rarity, i'm just watching it because I enjoy spoiling it to my friend when the raws are out sunday and eclipse subs its on tuesday :-p

eclipse releases the subs on monday lol i go there every week
Aug 10, 2009 11:29 PM

Jul 2008
suigetsu00 said:
Lvhina said:
ArnoldK said:
Might be a time zone thing.

BEGINNER
Aug 10, 2009 11:32 PM

Nov 2008
adamantine said:
suigetsu00 said:
Lvhina said:
ArnoldK said:
Might be a time zone thing.

ah yeah could be....i live in iowa so it be released earlier for me
Aug 10, 2009 11:41 PM
Jan 2009
Just let me ask this.

Where are those who said that FMA:B sucks???

If nothing out of the extraordinary happens, we are watching the best 2009 anime. Well, perhaps Higashi no Eden may be it, but FMA:B is running lightning fast for the spot.

I'm so used to so much WIN so far, that I won't even botherto say so anymore, but if FMA:B keeps with the pace, it will definitely get to be one of the best anime of the 2000's
Aug 11, 2009 12:20 AM
Mar 2008
to be honest everything made sense and was paced great. Manga readers just have a innate weirdness for the anime sice it is different and since it's different(in order and what scenes are shown) it really just clicks wrong with them. like looking at a black and white painting, then having a color version of it put up next to it, with some artistic alterings to look better fully realized. Both are great but if you were a fan of the original the other might just seem odd.
Aug 11, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2008
EPIC!

love how more feminine hawkeye seems in the series <3 and mustang and that damned sexyness of him! this episode rawked pretty hard ^_______________^

LOVE THE REMAKE!
Aug 11, 2009 1:12 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Swiftblade said:
Dude, holy shit. That episode was fucking amazing.

BEST GAR MOMENT IN ANIME HISTORY RIGHT THERE. MUSTANG FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

lmfao at Ed's arm falling of at the most hilarious of possible times.
p r o f i l e 👀
Aug 11, 2009 1:39 AM

Apr 2008
Who voted a 1/5 for this episode? Mustang needs to go their house and GAR-burn their computer.
Aug 11, 2009 1:44 AM

Jul 2008
Taihaku said:
Who voted a 1/5 for this episode? Mustang needs to go their house and GAR-burn their computer.
LMAO. Over a hundred 5/5's is pretty good though. ;)

BEGINNER
Aug 11, 2009 2:42 AM

Nov 2007
Single handedly the best goddamned badass episode of FMA up till now, purely because of Mustang vs Lust. It made up for the stuff they cut out, which I'm hoping they would squeeze back in some other time but seriously, this was an absolutely goddamned badass fight scene.
Aug 11, 2009 4:11 AM

Jul 2009
roy mustang totally pwned that lust bitch. he sure wasn't that awesome in fma1
Aug 11, 2009 5:38 AM

Jul 2007
Taihaku said:

The poster below did:

Lvhina said:
But you have to agree with me here, Fullmetal brotherhood is basically eyecandy under the pretext of following the manga.

Every anime is eye-candy. Studios mostly try to make series both visually and verbally pleasing.

Lvhina said:

Sure they kept some humor from the manga but whenever hughes died in brotherhood, i didn't feel emotional one bit opposed to the first season.

Then go and watch FMA1.
For me it had the same effect.

The thing is that FMA1 tried to make Hughes death into something that it was not. Some huuuge event that made everyone emo.

However thats not it. Hughes death is crude, fast, realistic. The only person to be really affected by it is Mustang.

Lvhina said:

And on the subject of hughes , based on the "brotherhood" anime alone, the brothers had no defined relationship him other than the food his wife made. Ed was torn to pieces from hughes death from only meeting him a couple times in the anime?

Ed was not torn to pieces. He felt guilty because the things he said have taken away the life of great man and have hurt both his brother and the girl Ed likes. However its not as sad as for Mustang, who lost a lifelong friend and adjusted his goals to get revenge for him.

Ed never had to really have connection with Hughes. The world does not revolve around Elric brothers.

Lvhina said:

This is a failed adaptation of the manga

Apart from cutting some things out, I really don't see on how this is "failed adaptation of manga"

Lvhina said:
fast pace

Practically the only episoddes I could complain about pace were the Greed arc. Everything else, while it did eat up quite a lot of chapters, was paced nicely and perfectly. Seriously, I do not need another slow-paced fma like FMA1(seriously, it was like - you skip two episodes out of inability to watch that trainwreck and they are still at the same thing..._

Lvhina said:

and humor

Its mostly the same amount like in manga.

Thankfully it lightens up the mood and ballances the storyline perfectly between the sad and funny. FJMA1 failed at that, with all the crying in the corners and etc...

Lvhina said:

. But for more character depth coming out of an anime i suggest the first season.

FMa1 is as far as you can get from the REAL FMA, when talking about characterization, storyline and mood. If person likes pointless brooding storyline with cardboard characters and unlikeable characterizations of villains and allies both, then one should watch FMA1.
Aug 11, 2009 5:49 AM

Apr 2008
woah ... Lust dead x_x
great episode

Aug 11, 2009 7:01 AM

Apr 2009
A little off-topic, but wondering, is the manga going to end soon? I mean, it would be pretty bad if Brotherhood caught up to the manga (even though it won't happen for a while)
Aug 11, 2009 7:02 AM

Aug 2009
This is my very first post! XD
This episode was made out of EPIC WIN. (Therefore I will not complain about leaving out Ran Fan v Envy)

The music, the animation, the direction, the pace, the CINEMATOGRAPHY. I won't bother explaining all of these since all has been said.

And this is why Mustang is my favorite manga character.
His character in FMA1 was just killed because of the emo-ness.
I also love Al in this episode! Just comes to show how much mature he is unlike how they made him out in the last season (he was a useless tin can there. And I wanted to KEEL him. -_-).

Ah! This episode just beats every damn thing in the first FMA!! (Though the first was good in its own way.)

5/5.
Aug 11, 2009 7:05 AM

Mar 2009
EPIC episode!

As most people already said: Roy was a total BAMF.
Awesome fights scenes.
Too bad Lust died, but I guess (/hope :p) that fact could change when you're dealing with homonculus...
Things don't look well for Havoc either :(
And poor Barry getting rubbed to death...

Al got a moment to be badass, which was great, but the guy has more potential, so I'm hoping that will also be shown.
Aug 11, 2009 7:07 AM

Aug 2009
Kexlizard said:
A little off-topic, but wondering, is the manga going to end soon? I mean, it would be pretty bad if Brotherhood caught up to the manga (even though it won't happen for a while)

With what's happening in the manga right now, I believe it's only a matter of chapters until it comes to its conclusion.
BONES should be able to animate everything even the end by that time.

Given if they don't ever reshuffle events again. EVER.
Aug 11, 2009 7:22 AM

Feb 2008
One of the better episodes so far.
Aug 11, 2009 7:44 AM

Mar 2008
A bit rushed but still awesome episode :D

Next episode will be great too can't wait!
Aug 11, 2009 8:39 AM

Mar 2009
Well, I'll be... I was hoping for Riza's death but I got Lust's! Well, that's good too but I'd rather have the wimpy characters to go first, if you know what I mean.. Anyway, Lust was badass to the very end, it was a good death :)

Roy was impressive too but that's only because Lust went easy on him. She could have made sure to kill him back there and though I don't mind the sadistic "leaving you to bleed to death", it should be kept for the weaker characters only and not someone as powerful as the Flame Alchemist.

So in the end, it wasn't her who killed Barry either but if you ask me, it would be better that she did and that Barry killed his body before that too. That scene where the body scratches off the symbol killing Barry and himself in the process, felt needless. And despite that it's been said that it was important to the plot, it was still a very bad scene. Oh well...

Well, so she failed to kill Barry and she failed to kill Roy and the others, at least I hope that Havoc is dead... I would hate it for her to go out without killing anyone...

One final note: If they keep cutting out scenes of Ling and his goons, they can't expect us viewers who haven't read the manga, to sympathize any with them. It really sux to know that there were battles that haven't been animated.

So I guess Pride is that guy in the white suit who "drank" Greed?

If I have to rate this ep, it's 7/10 ...8/10 if Havoc is really dead.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Aug 11, 2009 9:28 AM

Jul 2007
kodial said:
So I guess Pride is that guy in the white suit who "drank" Greed?

Its quite clear that no.

Pride was absent from that "meeting" ;]
Aug 11, 2009 10:28 AM

May 2008
This episode was perfect on so many levels, wow. Wow.
Aug 11, 2009 10:58 AM

May 2008
The scene where Mustang was killing Lust was cancerous to the eye. Gah!

Interesting episode next week too!
Aug 11, 2009 11:55 AM
Aug 11, 2009 12:24 PM

Jul 2007
suigetsu00 said:
anyone know why there is no ep in 2 weeks?

Autumn holiday ;)
Aug 11, 2009 12:28 PM

Nov 2008
Fai said:
suigetsu00 said:

Autumn holiday ;)

well that sucks but it happens.....
Aug 11, 2009 3:09 PM

Jul 2008
A huge amount happened in this episode, next one looks good.
Aug 11, 2009 3:42 PM

Apr 2008
suigetsu00 said:

Aww that sucks...but at least it isn't the same week as this one when they have no weekly shonen jump.
TaihakuAug 11, 2009 3:46 PM
Aug 11, 2009 4:18 PM

May 2009
Can't say enough about this episode. Further proves that Mustang is the best character in this series.
-=Dear gravity don't let me go, hold me like the winter holds the cold=-
Aug 11, 2009 4:53 PM

Sep 2007

Oh, hello. Don't mind me, I'm just making shōnen awesome again.
Aug 11, 2009 6:39 PM

Nov 2008
Veggen said:

Oh, hello. Don't mind me, I'm just making shōnen awesome again.

lol dont forget....

cant get over the awesomeness of this ep
Aug 11, 2009 7:15 PM

May 2009
This rework is building up to become so much better than the original serie. I didn't really like it at start compared to FMA 1, but with the previous episodes and, this one which was awesome from the beginning to the end for someone like me who doesn't have read the manga, I'm really looking forward to the follow up.

And the killing scene was great, brutal, violent, almost shocking but I loved it.
Aug 11, 2009 8:10 PM

May 2009
Roy Mustang is my hero. Holy crap, that was excellent.
Aug 11, 2009 9:30 PM

Feb 2009
Gawddddd

Best.
Episode.
Ever.

Roy Mustang for President. hahaha XDDDD
Aug 11, 2009 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
EPIC EPISODE!!!
Pure awesome!!~

*^* best one so far! Even people who isn't watching FMA 2 should watch it just because of the badass moments!

- YOU GO BLACK HAYATE! That's a really badass pet XD you gotta love him! <3

- Risa was aweeeesomeeee~ at first I was a bit uncertain about her new seiyuu, but in this ep she totally blew my mind! I could almost feel Risa's despair, and although I new what was going to happen I almost cried... really intense! <3

- OMFG if I wasn't a Mustang fangirl before, I'm sure I am one now. It was better that the manga, GAWD! Too much awesomeness!~~ *^* Roy deserves the "Badass Trophy of the Year" for that episode... and he's so hot... in so many ways ;_; so good <33333

- BARRYY NOOO T__T I liked him so much <3

- and horray for Ed and his sexy ponytail ;3 he catches my attention even if he appears in only one second of the episode.~

PS: I agree that if they keep cuting off Ling's scenes, he won't catch the fans attention. Especially because Miyano Mamoru is SO GOOD doing his voice! But I believe he will have his chance to show how great he is *^* and RanFan <3 I totally love her!
Still, this was the episode for Mustang to shine <3 they couldn't do something as good as this if they had included Ling's fights :/ I think it wouldn't have the same impact as it did.

And about Havoc...
Tengu_SusanooAug 11, 2009 9:42 PM
Aug 11, 2009 9:50 PM

Apr 2008
Taihaku said:

Lol i voted 1/5
Fai was right

Say all you want about it , it was originally animated to have a manga comparison which is it not "comparable" with

I feel like (as a manga reader) for me to enjoy this i should not picked up the manga at all

eye candy ... eye candy
Aug 11, 2009 10:09 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was AMAZING, I literally jumped at some parts (haven't read the manga)! I thought Brotherhood was disappointing at first, but this ep certainly proved me wrong! It's just getting better!
Aug 11, 2009 10:38 PM

Nov 2008
Zakuro_Konata said:

PS: I agree that if they keep cuting off Ling's scenes, he won't catch the fans attention. Especially because Miyano Mamoru is SO GOOD doing his voice! But I believe he will have his chance to show how great he is *^* and RanFan <3 I totally love her!
Still, this was the episode for Mustang to shine <3 they couldn't do something as good as this if they had included Ling's fights :/ I think it wouldn't have the same impact as it did.

i agree stop taking away my epic ling lulz lol......on the other hand i think it wouldnt have taken away one bit to add the ling/ran fan/envy/gluttony fight
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

968 by Jinx_Araragi »»
Yesterday, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jul 19, 2009

196 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:23 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

135 by wibugar »»
May 9, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

619 by Anak_meong_zero »»
May 8, 6:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.