Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 6, 2009 6:28 PM

Apr 2008
Yakumo_Fujii said:
BUT what were those white feathers holo had at her hood??? maybe she is the mysterious stranger* who bought pyrite at that alchemist girl.

That's an excellent point. I had thought that Amarty gave them to her after he went himself. The fact that the other person wanted to buy on credit makes it seem more likely to be holo as well, since she doesn't have any cash.
Aug 6, 2009 6:31 PM
Jul 2008
Onegai said:
UfGator11 said:
Or better yet...Lawrence should leave her. Make Horo come after him for a change. Make her realize how good life was with him.

i think you'r not serious, but ill answer anyway :p

If they did that, this whole arc would be meaningless.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this happened. Lawrence can't seem to do ANYTHING right at the moment since his emotions are getting the best of him. In the end, Holo might just finally realise that she needs to take control of the situation.

Yakumo_Fujii said:
what were those white feathers holo had at her hood??? maybe she is the mysterious stranger* who bought pyrite at that alchemist girl.
I also can't help but wonder if she was the one who did it. Amarty didn't seem the type to go seek out help from a witch. Not to mention Deanna seems to have an awful lot of confidance in Lawrence.
Aug 6, 2009 6:39 PM

Jul 2008
Amarty, 糞!
Aug 6, 2009 7:23 PM

Apr 2009
Amarti pisses me off with his smugness. I can't wait to see what happens next, but there is nothing like a woman's scorn. Lawrence better get his ass moving now....
Aug 6, 2009 7:30 PM

Jun 2007
twinkythebear said:
Yakumo_Fujii said:
BUT what were those white feathers holo had at her hood??? maybe she is the mysterious stranger* who bought pyrite at that alchemist girl.

That's an excellent point. I had thought that Amarty gave them to her after he went himself. The fact that the other person wanted to buy on credit makes it seem more likely to be holo as well, since she doesn't have any cash.

Damn I was just gonna point that out too lol. If it is Holo she will gain a large profit from Lawrence buying them from her. The question after that is what will she do with the cash? I still suspect this is one large game being played by Holo to make Lawrence admit his feelings for her. In the process though she seems to want to make back her "debt" that she owes him. Whether or not she's doing this out of good will or to brake away from Lawrence we wont know till later.

edit: This just dawned on me. If Horo is the person that's doing the trading with the Alchemists then that means she will have the deciding factor in the end. If it's a tie she could "buy" from either of the two guys to make them the winner.

Amarty seems like he's already got the necessary funds but he's doing to much in such a little amount of time it's getting as risky as Lawrence's plan. It almost feels like both guys will tie and Horo will become the victor lol.
Aug 6, 2009 7:31 PM

Oct 2008
This arc is too long. I imagine the pyrite selling scene will look just like that Eddie Murphy/Dan Aykroyd movie Trading Places, because I assume that's how all market trading scenes go.

I hope one of the many tales that the witch knows about pagan gods and mortals loving each other was one which Horo told her that she loved Lawrence.
Aug 6, 2009 7:34 PM

Dec 2008
I have never wanted to see the next episode of any series as badly as this one. Can't stand the cliffhangers. Good episode though. All of these events is just making people hate Amarti...including me. He's like some bug just in the way that you can't get rid of. Now I need to watch something else to keep my mind distracted till the next episode.
Aug 6, 2009 7:34 PM

Aug 2008
Who the fuck is directing this? Cliffhanger Harry? I swear to god I can't wait for this shit any longer, I need to see how this plays out... NOW!
Aug 6, 2009 7:47 PM

Dec 2008
Mindcrime said:
Who the fuck is directing this? Cliffhanger Harry? I swear to god I can't wait for this shit any longer, I need to see how this plays out... NOW!
I know how you feel. This is insane. I guess this shows how much we like the show.
Aug 6, 2009 7:55 PM

Jan 2008
each episode always has me on the edge of my seat..they just put so much effort into the plot within just these few episodes that compared to others like Haruhi's Endless eight, it's like platinum gold vs tin foil with shit food stains. It may be once a week, but to wait for the next episode is always worth it. Quality>Quantity

I've converted from Haruhiism...time to worship Horo.
Estoy_GordoAug 6, 2009 7:59 PM
Aug 6, 2009 8:16 PM

Dec 2008
since i have read the light novel, i know how it ends but for those that want to know you can read the spoilers below

all of this wouldnt have happened if he never left the room and accepted horo's apology after she raged at him
SyllenAug 7, 2009 8:52 AM
Aug 6, 2009 8:59 PM
May 2008
Unusually slow arc but it has all the elements that make S&W so great... that being the economic side mixed with some drama.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Aug 6, 2009 9:05 PM

Aug 2007
I thought this episode was quite important. It allowed Lawrence to crystallise his feelings for Horo. When he asked the witch if there are legends of a pagan God and a human to mate, you know for sure he's contemplating about a lovers relationship with Horo.

Later on, the flashback when Horo asks "What are you to me... what am I to you", clearly questioning what kind of relationship they have. Lawrence, who didn't know or was unsure of the answer at the time now says "I feel like I can answer that now". One doesn't have to be a genius to figure out what the answer is.... and the other episodes were a good build up to this one.

Although I think it should ideally end in the next episode....
Aug 6, 2009 9:23 PM
Mar 2008
Can someone explain what the reasons are for amarty to convert his silver to much higher value gold coins to fulfill the debt contract?

And why was the episode only 4 minutes long? ;p Still can't believe how relative time is when you watch great stuff like this...

Was the play of words at the female alchemist place to point out that she IS a pagan god? In that case - she knows everything that goes on and it would explain who the 1st trader was eg. Horo...

Edit: In case the above sentence confuses you more, white feathers are associated with pagan gods to some extend

Though it could also just be a fashion trend ,P
eRe4s3rAug 6, 2009 9:36 PM
Aug 6, 2009 9:35 PM

Sep 2008
an important episode but still pretty boring without Horo around. And Deanna makes me hot. She can transmute me any day.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Aug 6, 2009 9:40 PM

Dec 2008
eRe4s3r said:
Can someone explain what the reasons are for amarty to convert his silver to much higher value gold coins to fulfill the debt contract?

And why was the episode only 4 minutes long? ;p Still can't believe how relative time is when you watch great stuff like this...

Was the play of words at the female alchemist place to point out that she IS a pagan god? In that case - she knows everything that goes on and it would explain who the 1st trader was eg. Horo...

Edit: In case the above sentence confuses you more, white feathers are associated with pagan gods to some extend

Though it could also just be a fashion trend ,P

she is some bird god in the novel and gold coins = to prove hes balling
Aug 6, 2009 10:34 PM

Dec 2008
I need drama resolution!!! I so know that feeling when he saw "her" there with "him"...I wonder how many episodes it will take to see them together again?
Aug 6, 2009 10:54 PM

Apr 2009
I like Armati. :)
Aug 6, 2009 10:58 PM

Jun 2008
every one of these episodes feel like they last only five minutes :/ MOARR
Aug 6, 2009 11:09 PM
Mar 2009
Jigero said:
And Deanna makes me hot. She can transmute me any day.

I lol'd.

Anyways, this episode was good, the little cliffhanger at the end definitely makes me want to know what will happen next. I know Horo will get back with Lawrence eventually but it's still gonna be interesting to see how this plays out.
Aug 6, 2009 11:36 PM
Oct 2007
I still can't believe the series will only be 12 episodes long... It's nearly half over and I've been loving it so far. *sigh* sometimes I think the best series' always end too quickly.
Aug 6, 2009 11:55 PM

Aug 2008
Wow...
it still hasn't ended.
This wasn't a bad episode, but since apparently Lawerence never realized how he felt about Holo, and this guy who I thought he was clearly friends with, I've a bad taste in my mouth from the episode.

I just don't care about any of these characters now, and it was the one reason for my continuing the series. Hopefully the end and the rest of the show can make up for this arc.
Aug 7, 2009 12:02 AM

Jun 2007
Arc...too...long...

Aug 7, 2009 12:37 AM

Apr 2009
magentaanbu said:
Arc...too...long...

yah.. half of season 2.. since it's probably gonna end next week.. the plot was all nice making a half hour feel like a mere 5 minutes and i am really excited about what's gonna happen.. but still.. why almost no holo.. anyway.. at least they compensated it with deanna..
Aug 7, 2009 12:42 AM

Mar 2008
Again no resolution to this arc. Well, it was fairly entertaining and good nevertheless.

But in my opinion it's safe to say that Bakemonogatari stole the titel "This season's best anime show" from Spice and Wolf II at this point in episode count but that might turn around again with the likely and of the arc next episode.

I really like Diana. She is a enjoyable character.
Aug 7, 2009 1:11 AM

Dec 2008
Vipey said:
Anddddd the second this blonde haired pretty boy fag realizes she's a wolf he runs away like a pussy.

prob solved

EPIC XD
Aug 7, 2009 1:12 AM

Aug 2007
like everyone said.. long arc.. story is dragging without horo-lawrence on screen
Aug 7, 2009 1:16 AM

Nov 2008
Why are you guys complaining that the arc is too long ? As long as it ends in an epic way i'll be satisfied.

Diana seems to know all about Horo, she was probably the one trading with her earlier.

Amarty...or wth was his name again Is a good character, made Lawrence realize stuff and take action. Though I still wish Diana would make him a chimera with a dog.

Can't wait for teh next episode...oh and Bekemonogatari...I'm planning to watch that, hope its good :3

Aug 7, 2009 1:21 AM
Jun 2008
There is not enough "wolf" in my Spice and Wolf lately. =/
Aug 7, 2009 1:31 AM
Dec 2007
I thought the story was somewhat boring in its first half but the developments of the second half were really great, especially the ending. And the direction and animation are always on top, far, far, far better than the first season.

Oh and I forgot to mention the fantastic preview featuring Holo's teeth ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 7, 2009 1:48 AM
Aug 2009
Good god i hate amarti so much he ranks in my top three most hated of all time. Argggh
1.Griffith
2.Suzaku
3.Amarti

but i swear hes about to surpass suzaku on the list. he's a, and i quote, " blonde haired pretty boy fag"
Aug 7, 2009 2:44 AM

Oct 2008
I don't get why they're complaining either when it's all in the novel.
I loved the episode. I'm glad Lawrence realized how much Holo means to him. What an asshole he was, pretending that this whole experience meant nothing to him but a stage in his journey to become a merchant and start his own business. Holo helped him many times not because she wanted to profit as he did.
I liked Holo the valkyrie at the end.
Aug 7, 2009 4:00 AM

Jul 2008
haha lawrence really changed, in a positive way.
but i dont get the end, it seems that he didnt make a profit but didnt amarti just changed silver coins into those gold ones? hard to understand ~~

Aug 7, 2009 4:08 AM

Aug 2009
Good episode once again but I have to agree with chumchurum. I want to see more Horo :p

Hate to wait for the next episode. Its like the first time when I'm really excited for a TV show.
Aug 7, 2009 4:34 AM

Dec 2007
kianbung said:
There is not enough "wolf" in my Spice and Wolf lately. =/

I was thinking the exact same thing Spice and Wolf has been lacking in the Wolf area lately though hopefully the next episode will end this arc because well long arc is long. Still looking forward to episode though...damn cliffhangers v.v
Aug 7, 2009 4:36 AM

Aug 2009
Ouch, it hurt when I saw Horo standing with Amarty.... And it was funny when Lawrence asked Deanne whether she knows any legends of people mating with pagan gods... So now he wants to mate with Horo, might be a little late though :D
I am dying to see next week's EP...

Oh, and, please, I want to see more Horo, more more more...
Aug 7, 2009 4:41 AM

Apr 2008
o_o ... man ...really wan to know what will happen next .. why must they stop that the exciting part

Aug 7, 2009 6:15 AM
May 2009
Thank you Syllen! haha

I dunno but I think I want a spoiler for the next episode... it's getting itchy somewhere in me =) This is much of a cliff hanger to deal with..

I really think that Horo's up to something cuz the preview says so, Trustworthy God and about biting Lawrence's hand... I really hate Amarty considering his ego of a rich spoiled brat...

If I were Lawrence, I'd throw him off to a back alley and teach him a lesson... or If I were Amarty, I'd just grab Horo and run away as soon as I found out that she's an indebted nun.. =)
Aug 7, 2009 6:58 AM

Dec 2007
Another cliff hanger!!!....I really want to see what happens next..waiting a week is sooo hard..
.━。゚(ノдヽ)゚。━
Aug 7, 2009 7:14 AM

Aug 2008
Syllen said:
all of this wouldnt have happened if he never left the room and accepted horo's apologize after she raged at him
Eh, you know that couldn't have happened. Lawrence would lose his status as an anime/manga/LN/whathaveyou character — they're not allowed to be smart in matters of love.

Eikichi_Onizuka said:
Vipey said:
Anddddd the second this blonde haired pretty boy fag realizes she's a wolf he runs away like a pussy.

prob solved

EPIC XD
And who would she go to then? Well of course, the only one who's accepted her...
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Aug 7, 2009 7:33 AM

Aug 2007
A good episode indeed. Still another cursed cliffhanger. I hope the next episode finally resolves this, since I want to hurry along with the next arc.
Aug 7, 2009 8:27 AM

Jul 2008
Ugh, if this arc doesn't come to a conclusion by the next episode, I'm going to start getting impatient. 3/5
Aug 7, 2009 8:34 AM

Jun 2008
This arc is dragging resulting with this episode feeling tedious. It is plodding along too slowly for my liking.
Aug 7, 2009 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
Somehow I feel that the last two episodes could have been merged to one... After the explosion in EP 3 the last two were a bit slow paced... But as far as they make good clifhangers at the end it's thrilling.
Jabberwock-Aug 7, 2009 8:52 AM
Aug 7, 2009 9:49 AM

Feb 2009
Does Lawrence never thought he might being setup or something. I think of a plot where everyone are in it to rip him off.

I don't know why he's going through that trouble if the wolf want to leave let her she's not even a real woman, but then again there would be no story right.

If I was Lawrence I would ask her if she would have the courage to reveal her true self to Armaty to see if he would still feel the same about her.

For someone who say that she's wise, she sure doesn't act like it. I was person should know that nothing is forever, that it is a possibility that what she left might not be there when she come back, so why all the drama?!
Aug 7, 2009 12:38 PM
Mar 2009
If Spice and Wolf 2 had 26 episodes, I would be patient. However, no matter the length, I was really mad that moar Horo was not delivered.
Aug 7, 2009 12:54 PM

May 2009
I don't like the sad and depressed Horo. Where is my cute, teasing wolf? ;_;

I also feel that this arc has been going on for too long now, and I'm hoping for a resolution next episode. Although it's still very good and interesting.

Diana is a nice character, I like her.. :3
Aug 7, 2009 1:07 PM
Jul 2009
She's being retarded. Period.

I like that their seasons are short but if they keep going on like this they'll be wasting their limited amount of episodes.
Aug 7, 2009 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
So maybe there will be Spice and Wolf 3? I wouldn't mind that ;)
Aug 7, 2009 3:25 PM

Dec 2008
gah these cliffhangers are killing me
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 25, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.