Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2008 5:18 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally chapter 71! I was waiting so long for this ^^
This a very depressing chapter for me. Everything's just so wrong. Reira should be with Shin! And I thought she loved him ;_ ; And I'm seriously beginning to hate Takumi... I think this chapter points that if the mother of the child in chapter 70 is Reira than the fatrher is probably Takumi >.<
I'll be nicer if you give me chocolate and bishies ^^
Jan 3, 2008 12:06 PM

Jul 2007
This chapter was also very depressing for me because i actually thought that maybe even if Takumi betrayed Hachi he loved her in his own way but now it's clear that Takumi loves one woman and it is Reira. And i think Reira never realy loved Shin and Takumi was always in her heart. I don't understand why Takumi decided to marry Hachi and i hate him for this. She could have stayed happy with Nana and her baby even without him.!!!!!!!!! lol that was long O_O!
Jan 3, 2008 12:29 PM

Aug 2007
Yup... But in the end he burned Reira's note... So maybe there's hope... But he could have done that so nobody could see it or he rally loves Hachi more... I want to believe that cuz I really liked Takumi...
And Reira definitely lost a lot of points for acting like that...
Jan 3, 2008 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
Well, I don't really think that the child with Reira is Takumi's!! He really looks like Shin *_*
But I think that, if he's Reira's, he may be Ren's child!! ^^

Hachi is someone very strong, she works hard for her couple even if she doesn't look very happy, and I really respect that!! She loves her child and maybe that's why she doesn't want to divorce. I feel kinda sad to see the distance between Hachi and Takumi in this chapter coz we used to see a really funny couple, not really happy but a way cheerful...
I don't understant Takumi's feeling: he says that Reira is like her sister so he can't love her back but now it's really ambiguous...

I don't understand why Takumi doesn't want Hachi to talk of Ren (what happened?? O_O) and It's sounds so much like the ends of Nana!!!!!!!!!!! T_T
I was hoping for 77 volumes ^^
Jan 4, 2008 5:41 AM

Mar 2007
i'm happy that nana asked hachi to move in with her. that would be the perfect ending! and hachi could tell takumi to fXXX off. unfortunately we know is not going to end like that...X( i think reira's kid is Takumi's because they mentioned before that Sachiko has a brother, so that has to be him, unless Takumi has kids with someone else... and i'm so dissapointed with Reira. I really liked her...until this chapter!
Jan 4, 2008 12:46 PM

Aug 2007
Well for me this chapter was a complete disaster.... Though I knew that Takumi was unfaithful to Hachi but still it suprised me that he actually loved Reira all the time. I really hope that I am wrong and Takumi loves Reira as a sister. But the passion of the kiss made me very unsure. It kinda makes me think that the burned note is the fact that he wants to keep her from him for Reiras safety (just because he loves her ;() or maybe (it's the better one) he thinks that she is just childish and that's all. And Reira is begining to reaaly annoy me. First of all Yasu then Shin(was it even love?) then something with Ren and in the end she makes up her mind that she loves Takumi and not Shin.. what is she thinking.lol
Jan 5, 2008 2:40 AM

Aug 2007
I was thinking... (yeah I do that sometimes xD) and maybe that boy is not even Reira's child. It could be Nana and Ren's and Reira is just looking after him O_O That could be the truth... And that could explain why Hachi said 'brother' because Nana is close to her. Well, maybe I'm thinking too much... I really want to see what's going to happen! Sheesh! I can't stand the tenshion. lol
Jan 10, 2008 6:56 PM

Oct 2007
I was waiting so much for this chapter! ><
It was very sad u.u
The only thing that made me happy was when Nana invited Hachi to live together again and said that she would take care of her baby.
That was pretty ^-^
I really feel bad for Reira, because she has loved Takumi for a long time, but she had to contain her feelings, and now, she couldn't take it anymore, ok, But what's with Takumi's reply??! ''Are you okay to be just one more of my lovers?''.
Argh! Takumi! now I officially hate you! r__r and you have betrayed Hachi one more time r___r
But I feel worse for Shin, because I think he really loves Reira, but he is not mature enough and doesn't knows how to explain his feelings.
Reira doesn't loves him, in fact I think she was [maybe unconsciously] using him to forget Takumi. And as we see, she can't forget him u__u
and she preffers to be one of his ''lovers'' because, in part, it's better to have him that way, that not to have him. I can understand that.
God.. This is complicated!
Now I'm waiting for chapter 72 ><
Jan 18, 2008 5:05 PM

Dec 2007
OMG!! I'm a real fool!! I thought I've read ch71 but it was ch70!! Now I understand what you girls are talking about coz I've just read it!! ^^
And now, I just want to cry!! I love both Nana but Hachi is really the one I appreciate best but to see what Takumi's done, I'm totally shocked!! I don't like him anymore (and he used to be my favorite male character!!)!! Really, if Takumi & Reira love each other, just stay together and don't bring sadness to Hachi!! What the hell of saying "Are you sure you want to be one of my many lovers?"!!! It seems that he'll not break up with Hachi (well, it's what we saw in the future) but will cheat her with Reira!! That would make 2 girls unhappy & really miserable => just choose one!! :@
And Hachi, she should divorce him!! He's really the worse!! Why does she want to keep staying with him?? I'm so sad!!
May 4, 2008 7:34 PM

Oct 2007
I never liked takumi. not at all. He only married hachi because he somewhat felt responsible for the child, even though it could have been nobus... but nobu would have no means of supporting her. Takumi marrying hachi for that reason was his ONLY redeeming quality, since who knows what would have happened if hachi had not married him. Then again, i've had one too many lengthy discussions over takumi and hachi's marriage so i'll leave it at that.

I'm not shocked AT ALL by the kiss between reira and takumi, it just really frustrates me to see it. It makes a lot more sense though. In the present, hachi is living with her daughter on her own, while takumi is living in england/some other place, most likely with reira. They're pretty much one of those married couples who really dont love eachother, and are only together for the benefits/legal binding and such.

though hachi should still divorce him and be with nobu T____T.
Aug 17, 2008 10:27 PM

Oct 2007
Khaiz said:
OMG!! I'm a real fool!! I thought I've read ch71 but it was ch70!! Now I understand what you girls are talking about coz I've just read it!! ^^
And now, I just want to cry!! I love both Nana but Hachi is really the one I appreciate best but to see what Takumi's done, I'm totally shocked!! I don't like him anymore (and he used to be my favorite male character!!)!! Really, if Takumi & Reira love each other, just stay together and don't bring sadness to Hachi!! What the hell of saying "Are you sure you want to be one of my many lovers?"!!! It seems that he'll not break up with Hachi (well, it's what we saw in the future) but will cheat her with Reira!! That would make 2 girls unhappy & really miserable => just choose one!! :@
And Hachi, she should divorce him!! He's really the worse!! Why does she want to keep staying with him?? I'm so sad!!

How could you ever like Takumi? He was a bastard from the first chapter, having affairs and all.-_- Most miserable person to not just talk openly to Hachi, giving her money and all. Hachi is an idiot too. Why does she accept the betrayel she "knows" off. As if it wasn't more than enough to have the lovely Hachi. *sad* *stabs Takumi vodoo doll*

Reira stands now on the top of the most slutiest woman in manga. Could be even hentai. XD Beeing taken be half of the male characters. BI*CH! She had her chance and didn't take it...
SchabrakAug 17, 2008 10:32 PM
^_^ ^_^
Jan 26, 2009 12:12 PM

Nov 2008
I like Takumi. And I like Hachi. And Reyra too. It's just that there are people who try to live by rationalism and then are carried away with passion. There are people, who get carried away with emotions, but then become wise. There are people who live in a constantly self-denial, and one day they still become themselves but it is not only a reward but a punishment for them as well: people should be honest with themselves from the very beginning. I have pity for all of the characters of this manga. And Ai-san is such a great story-teller because she knows people's weak points, yet she loves them, that's how it works ^____~

Credits for the av go to whispering-eden.livejournal.com =)
I used to be Dolce_Vitka here, but Vitka_Lynx is my nickname at alost all other sites, so I decided to take it here, too ^___^
Jul 24, 2011 11:48 PM

Jul 2011
reira isnt terrible from reading all the previous chapters we knew she's loved takumi since childhood and he;s also always loved her he justt didnt want to hurt her by getting in a relationship with her that he couldnt commit 2! and all while that was happenening he managed to get hachi preggo so being a good guy he offered to marry hachi so she could support her child and so he could stopp thinking about reira in the love kinda way,, but obviously his feelings for reira never left and now they have a thing going on!! cant wait to read more
Jun 29, 2012 3:59 PM

Jul 2010
FUCK YOU, TAKUMI. Why?! Don't take Reira away from Shin! And don't forsake Hachi.. It's not like with your other lovers, you really are emotionally bonded to Reira. (It's honestly like you're committing incest. It's disgusting.) I cried so hard. Poor Hachi. And Shin.

The funny thing is, I really do love Takumi. He's amazing, and he does love Hachi from what we see. But he separates her from other parts of his life, and that's what annoys me. I think that Takumi did what he did to Reira so that he could save her from despair. And that encourages me, but still, he loves her as a SISTER. He shouldn't be like this :'(

The future makes sense now though *sigh* Hachi and her daughter must live in Japan, while Takumi and Reira live in England with their son.. They must just be keeping the marriage for legal and public reasons. That's so sad, it really hurts. It seems like Takumi still does care for the both of them though, and that makes me happy. I want Hachi to divorce him... :/
And...
Go back to Nobu. But of course. That's not plausible. :'(
fishergirl16Jun 29, 2012 4:07 PM
Jun 29, 2012 4:02 PM

Jul 2010
mrzkitty said:
reira isnt terrible from reading all the previous chapters we knew she's loved takumi since childhood and he;s also always loved her he justt didnt want to hurt her by getting in a relationship with her that he couldnt commit 2! and all while that was happenening he managed to get hachi preggo so being a good guy he offered to marry hachi so she could support her child and so he could stopp thinking about reira in the love kinda way,, but obviously his feelings for reira never left and now they have a thing going on!! cant wait to read more

Takumi's never loved Reira in that way though... he loves her as more important than a romance, as in a brother-sister relationship.
Jul 7, 2012 3:14 PM

May 2010
So now we know that Hachi was pregnant with a child and Takumi was cheating at the same time.

So kid Ren is either really Nobu's or is Satsuki's younger brother
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 10, 2017 8:56 AM

Jan 2016
Reira... could you please go fuck yourself? thx
Jan 1, 2018 10:12 PM
Nov 2015
I DEFINITELY HATE Takumi from the bottom of my heart. He and Reira deserve each other. Ugh.

I've already got to a point where the only thing that matters to me in this show is seeing both Nanas together forever, while all the other characters (except for Uehara Misato and Shin <3) could go to hell. Quite utopical, I know, but I couldn't hope more than that.
BetoYeriExyJan 3, 2018 10:59 PM
Sep 14, 2018 10:00 AM

Feb 2013
Not cool, Reira loves the wrong guy.
Mar 14, 2021 11:43 PM

May 2016
Everyone keeps saying f Takumi, but F Reira as well. She knew Takumi was with Hachiko
Mar 14, 2021 11:45 PM

May 2016
BetoYeriExy said:
I DEFINITELY HATE Takumi from the bottom of my heart. He and Reira deserve each other. Ugh.

I've already got to a point where the only thing that matters to me in this show is seeing both Nanas together forever, while all the other characters (except for Uehara Misato and Shin <3) could go to hell. Quite utopical, I know, but I couldn't hope more than that.
BetoYeriExy said:

What did Ren and Nobu do though?
Jan 31, 2022 7:50 AM
Jan 2021
The previous posts here by other users about their theory of who ren's parents are is pretty hilarious lol.There's no way a kid already that old can be anybody elses child other than Hachi it would not make sense that a kid obviously older than satsuki can be anybody elses child other than her since she is the first of the main cast to become pregnant so nothing else would make sense other than Ren being Hachi's first kid and therefore he is also satsuki's older brother which was mentioned in the previous chapter. Him also looking like Shin is pretty crafty since shin calls Hachi her mommy which kinda makes ren's looking similar to him pretty funny(wellplayed Yazawa sensei). Sorry to the previous posters but your theories were pretty hilarious to read and didnt really make a whole lot of sense most even presumed Ren was Reira's how in the world could she have a kid that is older than Hachi's when Hachi was pregnant first???
Sep 29, 2023 7:21 PM
Oct 2020
Before I get mad about Takumi can we say F Reira first?

More topics from this board

Poll: » NANA Chapter 52 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 19, 2009

11 by Safrichh »»
Yesterday, 3:26 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 51 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Jan 19, 2009

9 by Safrichh »»
May 10, 2:07 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 50 Discussion

accela - Jun 11, 2008

25 by Safrichh »»
May 9, 2:54 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 49 Discussion

so_addictive - Nov 10, 2008

9 by Safrichh »»
May 8, 1:58 PM

Poll: » NANA Chapter 48 Discussion

so_addictive - Nov 10, 2008

9 by Safrichh »»
May 5, 6:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.