Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2021 6:31 PM

Mar 2014
Hi, can I use these animes for the following challenges?

(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)
Jujutsu Kaisen (TV)

(120) Watch an anime in which 2 or more of the Opening Theme (OP) and/or Ending Theme (ED) are performed by the same Artist/Group
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA

Thanks in advance.
Mar 31, 2021 6:34 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Slarkero said:
Hi, can I use these animes for the following challenges?

(102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)
Jujutsu Kaisen (TV)

(120) Watch an anime in which 2 or more of the Opening Theme (OP) and/or Ending Theme (ED) are performed by the same Artist/Group
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken OVA

Thanks in advance.
Both are valid.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Apr 1, 2021 3:54 AM

Aug 2013
Hey I'm having difficulty finding an anime that aired the same day I joined MAL (August 3, 2013) to complete item 28. Any suggestions or what should I do?
Apr 1, 2021 4:51 AM

Sep 2009
Finku_ said:
Hey I'm having difficulty finding an anime that aired the same day I joined MAL (August 3, 2013) to complete item 28. Any suggestions or what should I do?

It doesn't have to be the exact same date, just the day. So it can be the the 3rd of any month, any year.
NinjaNed created helpful lists for this item, here's the one for the 3rd: https://github.com/NinjaNed/Search-Mal-By-Categories/blob/master/Anime%20By%20Day/3.txt
Apr 3, 2021 1:29 AM

Apr 2009
I have a follow-up for the forum set challenge:
Is the screenshot of the user's forum post required to also have my username visible like the rest of the MAL screenshots?
Apr 4, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2014
For 92, "Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set." Can it be a sequel? For example if someone's set is "Shingeki no Kyojin" can I use season 2?
Apr 4, 2021 2:52 AM

Jul 2014
RulenneClarissa said:
I have a follow-up for the forum set challenge:
Is the screenshot of the user's forum post required to also have my username visible like the rest of the MAL screenshots?
Yes, the screenshot must contain your user name. If the post is not at the top you will need a browser extension to take a full page screenshots or an user-made style for MAL to make header (with your username) sticky (check first post for link).

xBobcat said:
For 92, "Watch an anime featured in an active participant's forum set." Can it be a sequel? For example if someone's set is "Shingeki no Kyojin" can I use season 2?
If forum set contains a character, said character must be listed on the characters page for the sequel.
mozgowApr 4, 2021 2:55 AM
Apr 4, 2021 5:31 AM
Oct 2017
Card #3 Character Based
- (107) Watch an anime where a main character wears glasses

Would Louis Moriarty from Yuukoku no Moriarty count?
He is a main character and wears glasses (tho there are 2 episodes or so of when he is a child, and back then he did not wear glasses). I did not find him here- glasses.

Edit: Thank you I must have missed him lol
-Raphy-Apr 4, 2021 6:22 AM
Apr 4, 2021 6:13 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
-Raphy- said:
Card #3 Character Based
- (107) Watch an anime where a main character wears glasses

Would Louis Moriarty from Yuukoku no Moriarty count?
He is a main character and wears glasses (tho there are 2 episodes or so of when he is a child, and back then he did not wear glasses). I did not find him here- glasses.
He actually is on the list, so he's valid.

Apr 4, 2021 1:04 PM
Oct 2017
[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE] (72) Watch a listed themed anime: Mythology or TV Scum

When I search for "Mythology anime" in most lists there is Mushishi. But when I look at the Mythology list above, it is not present. I assume it is not valid then right.. but does the anime actually have mythological elements?
Apr 4, 2021 1:21 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
-Raphy- said:
[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE] (72) Watch a listed themed anime: Mythology or TV Scum

When I search for "Mythology anime" in most lists there is Mushishi. But when I look at the Mythology list above, it is not present. I assume it is not valid then right.. but does the anime actually have mythological elements?
Mushishi is steeped in Japanese folklore and mythology, but this item calls for anime that specifically have the general "mythology" tag, so you're correct; Mushishi would not be valid, since it's not on that list.

Apr 4, 2021 9:44 PM

Dec 2016
Hello!
Can Someone check if the image links for this challenge item are fine?

[Started: Apr 04] [Finished: DATE] (121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (under Related Anime)
Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season
[Anime Score Started: 9.10 | Adaptation Score when Started: 8.77]
Apr 5, 2021 5:07 AM

Jul 2016
Hiii everyone, i have a question regarding

(85) Watch an anime with an honorific in the main title

by honorific does it mean stuff like -san, - sama, and stuff like that.

and I ask for recommendations for
(99) Watch an anime with a year in the main title pleaseee ^^

Also, does anyone know if the banner on my forum set is from mob psycho 100 first season or second? tyy οΌˆβŒ’γ€€∇γ€€βŒ’οΌ‰

Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello!

[Started: Apr 04] [Finished: DATE] (121) Watch an anime that has a higher score than a listed adaptation (under Related Anime)

i just checked your images @Ha-Sami_J and they all seem to work!
OtaakuuApr 5, 2021 6:45 AM

the moms of the people who remove signatures are hœs
discord: Jotaakuu#8878

Apr 5, 2021 7:00 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Ha-Sami_J said:
Hello!

Just to provide confirmation from a staff member, that looks good.

Otaakuu said:

Also, does anyone know if the banner on my forum set is from mob psycho 100 first season or second? tyy οΌˆβŒ’γ€€∇γ€€βŒ’οΌ‰

The list of items on the first page of the challenge provides more info on requirements for items that can’t be easily listed on a pasteable item list. But yes, that is what we mean by honorifics.

For 99, my personal recommendation is Vampire Hunter D (2000), but you can easily find other valid anime by searching stuff like ‘200’ or ‘199’ or ‘198’, as they will auto fill to find anime with years in them. Years that haven’t happened yet are also valid (ex: 2199).

For your banner, listing it as Mob Psycho 100 should be fine.
Apr 5, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2016
bigdud24 said:
Otaakuu said:

The list of items on the first page of the challenge provides more info on requirements for items that can’t be easily listed on a pasteable item list. But yes, that is what we mean by honorifics.

For 99, my personal recommendation is Vampire Hunter D (2000), but you can easily find other valid anime by searching stuff like ‘200’ or ‘199’ or ‘198’, as they will auto fill to find anime with years in them. Years that haven’t happened yet are also valid (ex: 2199).

For your banner, listing it as Mob Psycho 100 should be fine.

Thank you for the rec, that movie looks interesting

i also have another question about formating my form:
Can I change the format of the dates from

[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE]

to

γ€ŒStarted: DATEγ€γ€ŒFinished: DATE」

more specifically, I want to change the brackets from [ to γ€Œ for the dates (not for the bbcode)
is that allowed?

Apr 5, 2021 8:40 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Otaakuu said:

Thank you for the rec, that movie looks interesting

i also have another question about formating my form:
Can I change the format of the dates from

[Started: DATE] [Finished: DATE]

to

γ€ŒStarted: DATEγ€γ€ŒFinished: DATE」

more specifically, I want to change the brackets from [ to γ€Œ for the dates (not for the bbcode)
is that allowed?

Unfortunately, we do not allow changing the challenge format code, as it can hinder the inspection process.
Apr 5, 2021 10:05 AM

Dec 2016
bigdud24 said:

Just to provide confirmation from a staff member, that looks good.

Thank you so much!
Apr 5, 2021 10:09 AM

Dec 2016
Otaakuu said:

Thanks so much!
I also want to give you a recommendation for item (99)
I watched Kanon 2006 and I remember liking it back then.

Apr 6, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
Ha-Sami_J said:
Otaakuu said:

Thanks so much!
I also want to give you a recommendation for item (99)
I watched Kanon 2006 and I remember liking it back then.

TY for the rec ^^

I have a question (For the mods mostly):I switched a middle square item from my card, and I formated it like this :

[*][Started: Mar 31, 2021] [Finished: DATE] (39) (SWITCHED from 48) Watch an Original anime
Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood

is that okay? (My card is #3: Strained Shey and number 39 was not in the challenge before the switch)

Apr 6, 2021 8:20 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Otaakuu said:
I switched a middle square item from my card, and I formated it like this :

[*][Started: Mar 31, 2021] [Finished: DATE] (39) (SWITCHED from 48) Watch an Original anime
Jouran: The Princess of Snow and Blood

is that okay? (My card is #3: Strained Shey and number 39 was not in the challenge before the switch)
Just leave it formatted like it was before you added the "switched" part. We'll know which ones you switched.

Apr 6, 2021 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
dierubikdie said:
]Just leave it formatted like it was before you added the "switched" part. We'll know which ones you switched.

Ty ^^

Apr 8, 2021 10:44 PM
bow chicka wow

Jan 2021
hi! can I replace an item that is not in the middle squares or it's not really allowed? cuz I'm aiming for Bingo Legend and I'm using Card #8 which has the item (100) "Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more".
I don't really have an anime that I didn't finish before July 1, 2020...
Apr 9, 2021 6:22 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
lazy888 said:
hi! can I replace an item that is not in the middle squares or it's not really allowed? cuz I'm aiming for Bingo Legend and I'm using Card #8 which has the item (100) "Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more".
I don't really have an anime that I didn't finish before July 1, 2020...
You can only replace middle square items. If you have nothing that will work for item (100), you won't be able to complete Bingo Legend using that card; but you could switch to a different card that doesn't have that item, if you want. The cards that do not have item (100) are: #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #10.

Apr 9, 2021 6:40 AM
bow chicka wow

Jan 2021
dierubikdie said:
You can only replace middle square items. If you have nothing that will work for item (100), you won't be able to complete Bingo Legend using that card; but you could switch to a different card that doesn't have that item, if you want. The cards that do not have item (100) are: #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, and #10.
thanks! ^^
Apr 9, 2021 9:39 AM

Feb 2018
(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Hello, sorry to bother you but is there a main character in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu that count toward this item? I haven't seen it yet so I do not know if it is a club / hobby or if they are paid for it (but I am under the impression it is the latter). Thanks!
Apr 10, 2021 4:49 AM

Jul 2014
KuraiPainapuru said:
(104) Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field

Hello, sorry to bother you but is there a main character in Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu that count toward this item? I haven't seen it yet so I do not know if it is a club / hobby or if they are paid for it (but I am under the impression it is the latter). Thanks!
Yes, this anime is valid. Yuurakutei Yakumo is a professional rakugo performer.
Apr 10, 2021 7:57 PM

Jul 2020
Hello, all! It's my first time trying this challenge (I'm kicking myself for not knowing it existed last year), and I have a few questions regarding validity/interpretation of the challenge items. I looked for a while in the FAQ and discussions, so these are the issues I couldn't find clear answers to.

1) Would a transwoman character count for (114) Watch an anime where a female character is voiced by a male voice actor? I'd like to use Venus from Heaven's Design Team.
2) If the type is listed as Movie, BUT it is also listed as having episodes, will it fit the requirements for any challenge item that requires episode durations? Ex. Panda Kopanda is in MAL as a Movie with 2 episodes of 36 minutes each, so would it satisfy (56) Watch an anime with 2 or more episodes and an episode duration of 30 minutes or more?
3) Does the Psi symbol in Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 count for (83) Watch an anime with a non-alphanumeric character in the main title? It's not a letter in the common alphabet, but it is a letter in another language/alphabet (Greek). For that matter, Yuru Camp uses the Delta letter to mimic the shape of a tent, but since that's also used as a symbol in math, would that work?
4) I joined MAL in July 2020. I know that I immediately input the various shows that I had dropped over the past few years, but I didn't manually adjust the dates (if that's even possible). I'd like to use one of those for (100) Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July 1, 2020 that has two or more episodes and an episode duration of 16 minutes or more... but I don't know the exact date that I dropped it, just that I did so in 2018. Is that specific enough?
5) Does Skate-Leading Stars count for (102) Watch a TV type anime with an irregular release schedule (where at least one episode was released less than 7 days after its previous episode or more than 7 days after its previous episode)? The first episode was shown in December 2020, while the rest aired more than a week later... but while MAL does show that the show aired from January 10 to March 28 2021, and the Episodes tab shows the first episode aired December 27, it doesn't quite come out and say there was an irregular schedule.
6) I saw some disagreement in the comments about (122) Watch an anime that has two or more adaptations listed under Related Anime. Some seem to think that as long as there are two entries in Related Anime, it doesn't matter what they are - they don't have to be "Adaptations". Some even think manga count. Others say that under Related Anime, the 2+ entries have to be classified as Adaptations. What's the final call?
7) I'm not 100% confident I understand (74) Watch an anime rated 6.00 or less that is tagged with your favorite genre by weighted score according to Anime+. When it says "rating", is that Rank? Or Score? It can't be my rating, because by definition I didn't watch it yet. It's definitely not "rating" by the G/PG/PG-13/R/NC-17 scale. I went with Score, but please let me know if that's right.
8) If I have been warned that a single episode of one of the shows I planned to use for this challenge is upsetting to a degree that I would find it difficult to watch (ex. it contains implicit rape), do I have to watch that episode to be considered as having watched the entire show?

I also have a few items that I'm wondering if there's a faster way to find anime that fit the requirements. Manually checking all of my PTW seems untenable. Those would be:
(24) Watch an anime where the same Voice Actor is credited under at least two different characters;
(86) Watch an anime without any Recommendations; and
(117) Watch an anime that finished airing before you started it and has no Opening Theme (OP) or Ending Theme (ED) listed
I would love any insight on this.
30+ Anime Fan, And Just Happy To Be Here

Yearly Anime Challenges:

Apr 10, 2021 9:51 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Rivka44 said:
Hello, all! It's my first time trying this challenge (I'm kicking myself for not knowing it existed last year), and I have a few questions regarding validity/interpretation of the challenge items. I looked for a while in the FAQ and discussions, so these are the issues I couldn't find clear answers to.
Welcome! Firstly, I'm gonna go ahead and recommend reading over the full item list in the main thread, as it gives detailed notes and explanations for most items. You can also find it in its own thread here.

Now to answer your questions:
dierubikdieApr 10, 2021 9:58 PM

Apr 11, 2021 3:48 AM

Jul 2020
Thanks so much for your help, dierubikdie. I did look at the full item list before, and it helped with some of my questions - I just wasn't sure about these ones. I figured it was better to ask than assume I had understood.

I think I will be going to the Discord server at some point for suggestions for items (102), (122), (86) and (117). No rush, though - I have plenty of shows to watch for the other items :)
30+ Anime Fan, And Just Happy To Be Here

Yearly Anime Challenges:

Apr 12, 2021 3:12 AM
Jul 2020
Regarding the "Watch an anime that started airing the same day you joined MAL," does it have to be on the same year as well? And does it bypass the Seasonal Restriction?

Apr 12, 2021 3:38 AM

Apr 2011
KondouKureno said:
Regarding the "Watch an anime that started airing the same day you joined MAL," does it have to be on the same year as well? And does it bypass the Seasonal Restriction?

It’s only the day. Seeing as you joined on the 3rd you can use any anime that aired on a 3rd, doesn’t matter what month or year.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Apr 12, 2021 3:53 AM
Jul 2020
Lestat- said:
KondouKureno said:

It’s only the day. Seeing as you joined on the 3rd you can use any anime that aired on a 3rd, doesn’t matter what month or year.
Thanks for the clarification! And as for "the same month" category, does it get exempted for seasonal restrictions?
Apr 12, 2021 5:16 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
KondouKureno said:
Lestat- said:

Thanks for the clarification! And as for "the same month" category, does it get exempted for seasonal restrictions?

Hello! After discussing it, we saw some confusion in the team so after coming clear on it, I'll give you the correct info:

1. For: Watch an anime that started airing the same day you joined MAL, you need to only look at the day so e.g. the 16th. However, it still needs to have aired in one of the three months of the seasonal restriction you chose.

2. For Watch an anime that started airing the same Month you joined MAL, we still need to discuss it, so I'll get back to you when we've come to a conclusion!
Apr 12, 2021 5:24 AM
Jul 2020
Yuki-Chan276 said:
KondouKureno said:

Hello! After discussing it, we saw some confusion in the team so after coming clear on it, I'll give you the correct info:

1. For: Watch an anime that started airing the same day you joined MAL, you need to only look at the day so e.g. the 16th. However, it still needs to have aired in one of the three months of the seasonal restriction you chose.

2. For Watch an anime that started airing the same Month you joined MAL, we still need to discuss it, so I'll get back to you when we've come to a conclusion!
Thanks! Looking forward to it.
Apr 12, 2021 5:41 AM
Jul 2020
for number 93,
(93) Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page
— state their username and initial post number; link to their post; the user must have finished watching the anime before you started watching it; the anime cannot still be airing when you start it; save a screenshot in case the user withdraws/deletes their post

does active participant mean someone who is participating in the AWC challenge? like, would I find a show that fits this description by clicking into profiles of people who are doing the challenge and looking for top reviews?
Apr 12, 2021 6:13 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
d1wlrma said:
for number 93,
(93) Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 by an active participant that posted on the first or second page
— state their username and initial post number; link to their post; the user must have finished watching the anime before you started watching it; the anime cannot still be airing when you start it; save a screenshot in case the user withdraws/deletes their post

does active participant mean someone who is participating in the AWC challenge? like, would I find a show that fits this description by clicking into profiles of people who are doing the challenge and looking for top reviews?
That's correct; any user whose post is on the first or second page of the main signup thread. But they don't need to have reviewed the anime, they just need to have scored it a 9 or 10.

For example, I posted on the the first page of the thread, and I scored Saki a 10, so you could watch that for item 93.

Apr 12, 2021 7:43 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
KondouKureno said:
Yuki-Chan276 said:

Hello! For: Watch an anime that started airing the same Month you joined MAL, you can ignore your seasonal restriction.
Apr 12, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2016
For (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed, can i use an anime that is still airing and attach a screenshot to show that at the time when i started the anime, it had no licensor listed?

OtaakuuApr 12, 2021 8:42 AM

Apr 12, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2020
Yuki-Chan276 said:
KondouKureno said:

Hello! For: Watch an anime that started airing the same Month you joined MAL, you can ignore your seasonal restriction.
As for "Watch an anime with a Director that also directed one of your Favorite Anime," do they have to be the overall Director or does Sound Director and Episode Director count too?
Apr 12, 2021 12:03 PM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Otaakuu said:
For (16) Watch an anime without a Licensor listed, can i use an anime that is still airing and attach a screenshot to show that at the time when i started the anime, it had no licensor listed?
Sure, that's fine.

KondouKureno said:
As for "Watch an anime with a Director that also directed one of your Favorite Anime," do they have to be the overall Director or does Sound Director and Episode Director count too?
It can be any type of director (Sound, Episode, etc), and they don't have to be the same type of director in both anime.

Also, don't forget that the full item list on the signup thread has extra notes and details regarding most items. It can also be found here.

Apr 12, 2021 2:22 PM

Jul 2016
Can i use a currently airing anime (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more? providing a screenshot ofc

Apr 12, 2021 2:51 PM

Jul 2014
Otaakuu said:
Can i use a currently airing anime (44) Watch an anime with a popularity lower than #700 and a total duration of 16 minutes or more? providing a screenshot ofc
Yes, you can use currently airing anime. And as you said, screenshot might be necessary.
Apr 12, 2021 11:17 PM
Jul 2020
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou.
Is this anime ok for "Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the main title" this challenge ?
Apr 13, 2021 12:30 AM

Sep 2009
Demon_slayer_420 said:
Hige wo Soru. Soshite Joshikousei wo Hirou.
Is this anime ok for "Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the main title" this challenge ?

Yes, it's ok.
Apr 13, 2021 12:37 AM

Oct 2019
Hello, can I replace the anime in an item? For example, I will watch something that will complete an item, but I want to drop what I prevously put in.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Apr 13, 2021 1:12 AM

Sep 2009
crotaku15 said:
Hello, can I replace the anime in an item? For example, I will watch something that will complete an item, but I want to drop what I prevously put in.

Sure, you can change anime as many times as you want.
Apr 14, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2020
dierubikdie said:
d1wlrma said:
for number 93,

That's correct; any user whose post is on the first or second page of the main signup thread. But they don't need to have reviewed the anime, they just need to have scored it a 9 or 10.

For example, I posted on the the first page of the thread, and I scored Saki a 10, so you could watch that for item 93.

oop alright, I dont know where I got "review" from haha, thank you!
Apr 14, 2021 7:56 PM

May 2015
112. Watch an anime with at least 2 human children as main characters

Would Mushoku Tensei count for this challenge? The character in question is Rudeus Greyrat.
Apr 15, 2021 4:27 AM

Sep 2009
nerfsunny said:
112. Watch an anime with at least 2 human children as main characters

Would Mushoku Tensei count for this challenge? The character in question is Rudeus Greyrat.

No, Rudeus is not valid for this item. As the item explaination states:
(112) Watch an anime with at least 2 human children as main characters
— list only two children; they must be human and 12 years old or younger for the majority of the anime; you should be able to find a source for the age (doesn't need to be stated on MAL); excludes characters that, as adults, go back to being a child while retaining their memories (due to time travel, being reborn, etc.), half-humans, and cyborgs
Apr 15, 2021 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
(105) Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese

Does Saber from Fate/Stay night is valid, since she's from England, or not (because she's not exacly human?)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (22) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Staff Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

517 by TheEyceOfSpades »»
May 21, 11:15 AM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Participant Recommendations ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

525 by lopoy20 »»
May 20, 12:38 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Help/Discussion Thread ( 1 2 3 )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

108 by Kaylee »»
May 20, 12:38 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Donated Banners

AWC_mod - Dec 31, 2023

13 by AWC_mod »»
May 18, 2:13 PM

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Completed Participants

AWC_mod - Jan 1

7 by AWC_mod »»
May 15, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.