Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 2, 2019 2:58 AM

Jun 2016
This episode was kind of hilarious. It was classic One Piece, it reminded me of the Lucci battle in Water 7. What I mean by this is that it was all about the New Fishman officers yet for some reason it decided to flash over to Luffy and Jimbei for 3 seconds and add nearly nothing new to the conflict before cutting away. In Water 7 or even Thriller Bark when Luffy was first fighting Moria I recall so many minute long clips where hardly anything happens regarding those fights for episodes at a time while it focuses on other things. There was no Brook update this time either which is a shame.

So, lets touch on the officers. Daruma destroyed the candy factory which is how they pay Big Mam to protect their island. He showed off his iron jaws able to cut through buildings and able to bury himself under the ground and dig through the dirt. That can't taste good but it certainly set up for an interesting battle that could come. A little guy who could bite your arm off that can travel out of your sight and under the ground firing up like a jumping piranha. Who would I like to see fight this guy? Anyone who could bait him to jump at them and then punch him into oblivion while he's in the air I guess. Like a Franky ultimate hammer. Then again Usopp fought someone with a similar power in Alabasta so he has experience. Daruma's little sequence sold me on him, his line about not wanting a trendy cappuccino and cake for his "happy snack time" had me laugh so hard. What do you think he is a yuppie?! It was very Pilaf from Dragon Ball, like a little brat who is so overtly a little brat but thinks he's super cool.

Zeo is the other guy who's set up an interesting fight because of his ability. Firstly, there was the line about him being nobility of fishman, the group which is known for living in the poor area. He can basically turn invisible and use his fists or any weapons he finds to beat people up. However, without using energy steroids I can't see him putting up a great fight. A few fishmen goons hitting him with basic weapons took him out for a couple of seconds, any Straw Hat could easily do far more damage than that if they can find him at least.

Dosun was there to show fear that Hordy may actually leave him behind as a hostage and show us what the energy steroids do to the uninitiated. If his fear was warranted then Hordy is a real bastard, not even caring about his fishmen allies or childhood friends, as if I recall Dosun was one. Then again I heard the Hordy flashback to when he was a kid was filler so that could be wrong, as far as I know that's the only time I got this group were friends as children from. He downed a drug, smashing buildings and being filled with roid rage. Hordy seems to handle the energy steroids far better where Dosun became a monster, one most likely with brawn but not brains. Akin to Moria when he ate all of the shadows to get strong but couldn't control himself that well, I presume when Hordy eventually overdoses it will be like that too.

Speaking of the drugs turning Dosun into a roid raging monster, Hyouzou has taken a twist I didn't expect. Being a paid bodyguard who seemed to be in it for the cash alone made me think he's a likely candidate to be swayed to the other side. Yet, when he showed his ego by insulting Hachi and then showed his ability to easily cut down innocents on the streets, and then showed how his alcoholism is basically roid rage in itself turning him into a drunken psychopath cutting up anyone for the thrill of it, he's changed in my eyes. He still has a lot of potential directions he could go in but he's not the chill, self interested but not bad guy I thought he may be. Especially when drunk he's a freaking monster.

Ikaros' section showed his PTSD and unreasonable fear of fire due to his squid friend being dried up, something that will certainly come back. It also showed his dried squid spear which sucks the fluid out of people's bodies and leaves them like a shriveled up- but living corpse. It also showed that the sea kings that they have tamed are being fed energy steroids too which is quite scary because that means there are big strong rampaging monsters around. But with Luffy's training, I bet they don't amount to anything.

Then of course Hordy. I love that Oda set this up. Zoro destroyed Hordy under water which must have: one, really hurt his ego, and two, set him up to be in so much pain he has to nearly kill himself downing drugs to stay afloat. That is not an expected decision, one would expect Hordy to save all of his "new forms" for a boss fight with Luffy. Not that he'd be on his knees, shaking, unable to breath before even having a proper fight with anyone past being one shot by Zoro. Speaking of those drugs, they turned his hair white, his body monstrous and potentially gave him the ability to create water from the water already inside of his body, literally forming it from his palm..? I feel before he had to use bodies of water to shoot it like that.

Neptune has had some strong moments. The "why shouldn't I kill the man who shot my wife" and the way he looked down at his people unable to help them, feeling shame rather than fear for his own life were powerful. I can't say my feelings on his character are stronger than a casual liking, as I feel with the princes and Shirahoshi as well, but he has had some stand out moments for sure! Also, Hyouzou's drunken slurring of words put into subtitles had me laugh so hard.
  • "Oiaiyonohoniaiu!"
Dec 31, 2020 5:25 AM

May 2016
Hordy really just severely shortened his lifespan just to assert his dominance, huh... A fitting end for him would be him getting a heart attack because of all those drugs finally getting to him after he gets beaten up by Luffy.

Jun 4, 2021 7:29 AM

Jun 2019
Hordy got stronger after taking a ton of drugs. Turned into an Albino.
Aug 14, 2022 9:07 PM

Dec 2018
One Piece of shit
worst thing i've ever seen in my life
Dec 18, 2022 4:38 PM

Nov 2017
That was pretty nuts. He's a big white ghost now? Scary.

Don't get in the way of Hordy's fix.
Apr 24, 2023 11:19 AM
Aug 2021
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jun 30, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2019
Steroids side effects, hopefully it will took Hordy life as soon as possible.
Dec 19, 2023 1:40 AM

Mar 2017
Just waiting for Hordy to come down off those energy steroids. You’re gonna feel good mate lol
May 24, 7:00 AM
Dec 2023
Simply the best anime I have ever seen in my life. Just can't describe how good it is!!!
Jun 11, 7:24 PM

Dec 2022
guess you mighht say Hyouzou drinks like a FISH
Hordy has finally taken too much adderall
Jul 25, 9:59 AM

Mar 2016
Random mobs of Hordy's group getting their just deserts. The powerhouses of the group don't give a shit about another and are happy to fight/kill anyonne human or fishman. Entire group is a bunch of hypocrites.

Would obviously be completely anti-climactic, but would get a bit of a chuckle if Luffy was to finally reach Hordy only for him to keel over due to how many of the steroids he'd taken. If they're going to progress with the story while going back to the Strawhats, please have something meaningful go on. Chopper asking why they have to fight when Jinbei is the stubborn one. Why the hell would they expect Luffy to sit around while his crew are in danger? The entire purpose of his 2 year training was so he could finally be capable of actually protecting those he cares about. Jinbei's going to doom the future of Human/Fishman relations forever if he just stays there purely to stop Lufffy, robbinng the island of both of them being able to save the island from Hordy.
Sep 3, 3:30 AM
Dec 2023
"I can quit whenever I want!"
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1120 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 21

32 by nickehhhhhh »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1119 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 14

61 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Hottest Woman in One Piece?

kian_lad20 - Yesterday

23 by Gear5Goku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Sep 7

65 by nickehhhhhh »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1117 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Aug 31

44 by nickehhhhhh »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.