Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 1, 2014 12:43 PM

Jun 2013
There's no slap in the face quite like reading 29 chapters of mindless ecchi/hentai with a seemingly obvious end, only to have it suddenly turn realistic and depressing.
Which knght are you?
Give an internet?
RedHeadphones said:
Please, why would I play skyrim if there wasn't a nude female mod? Gameplay? Pfft.

May 24, 2014 12:38 AM

Apr 2014
Damn. Poor kid. Didn't expect that kind of ending.
Jun 28, 2014 12:46 AM
May 2014
well this sucks....... they dont end up together again adn i wasted 5 hours reading this manga for a bad ending......

dayum but at least its over now
Jul 1, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2014
To be fair he said he wished her choices lead to happiness, that does not mean she won't choose him. I'll agree that at this point that seems unlikely but the fact is they love each other and the ending is open to interpretation so I'll remain hopeful.
Aug 7, 2014 4:06 PM

Feb 2010
pokhym said:

the only thing that i absolutely hated after reading this manga is how runa gave up her first so easily... everything incest etc was all good but that orgy chapter. i hated it absolutely hated it.. i have no idea why but otherwise i really liked this

I feel the same way. besides the ending, that part where she gave it up so easily just pissed me off. But thats just who i am, i believe you should give it up to someone you love and care about.

But man that ending...That last page hit me so hard.
Sep 13, 2014 10:55 PM

Sep 2014
I really hate open ended/ambiguous endings as I read/watch manga/anime to be told a story, not to be told to decide the ending myself. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but the last few chapters have me leaning towards believing that they're making the same sacrifice their parents made... I would much rather have had 'em either make it obvious that they were staying together, or showed Sora walking up to Runa.

As to Runa, glad I'm not the only one that got angry during that chapter! She obviously liked him by that point, so while the orgy surprised me I figured she'd make sure to grab him first. Nope, instead she chooses a complete stranger & never gets with him the entire night.
CasyleSep 19, 2014 8:47 PM
Sep 16, 2014 7:34 AM

Sep 2012
IchigoRadiance said:
I refuse to think that they did not get together. But even if they didn't, at least there's one lesson we can take from this manga. The world is messed up, society is a bunch of sociopaths deciding that two people should not be in love. Sora said that their parents could finally be together in the afterlife. The people that ruined their lives, where are they. I would hope that someday society could grow up, but even if it doesn't, you'll always have the one you love when you die. What lies in the future? Will the two separate for good, or get back together. Maybe somewhere they can live in peace. Or maybe they'll separate and live a loveless life. You could tell that by the end, regardless their choice will hurt. Do you face it together, or alone? Alone, or with the one you love? A lot of crazy twisted S**t occurred in this manga, Aki x Sora was far from being in that camp. And it taught me that no matter how bad you get, no matter the severity of mistakes you make, society doesn't care. Rape a girl or a guy, don't care, join a swinger's orgy, don't care, sprout 15 babies, don't care, 12 arms on them, don't care abandon those babies, don't care. Society doesn't care about s**t, but it likes to think it cares, so they make rules that hurt others so it looks like they have morals. That's why they used to hate homosexuality, and why they hated interracial relationships.

i watched the ova & read 2 final chapters. plus the part with swingers party, swingers party was disgusting, easy fix for them, they create their own community/society, they find others like them & create their own community/society, there are so meany communes what have different rules, like i heard of a commune have rule that when girl gets in a certain age fathers has to be the one to take her daughters virginity, so they could make a commune with their own set of rules

i for1 do not look down of siblings who love each other that way, its not my place to judge, also its part of balance created by nature that some love their siblings & some love a person from their own gender (i mean Gay's)

but if i would have kids i would teach them that it is wrong (sibling romance), but its not our place to judge..., but if it still happens, i do not have the right to stop them, well i would keep eye on them so that they don't cross the line until they are 18, & who know, sometimes its a passing thing, that at certain age they suddenly realize its not that type of a love

well I'm tolerant (& understanding) with this kind of things, & i do not hate incest animes, nor Ecchi animes
Sep 19, 2014 5:02 AM

Nov 2008
At least Nami and Kana got together, that's something. I wanted Runa and Sora to be together too, but not happening.
Oct 31, 2015 3:00 PM
Nov 2013
Arghh I just happened to re-read the last couple of chapters and now I'm depressed again. My friend says that he interpreted it as they ended up together, but I don't see that. Can someone convince me T_T

Edit: This might just be me in denial, but I checked the japanese wiki for akisora and it said that the ending was up to the reader, and even that the wedding cover (volume 6) with aki in her dress suggested her and sora's future together.
saoasunaNov 1, 2015 6:48 PM
Nov 16, 2015 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
The ending is up to the reader. The last lines are very vague and the author even leaves us with some parting words.

My take is that considering the character development of both characters they do end up with each other. The author portrayed it as genuine love (even with Sora cheating a lot).

But Realistically they don't end up together because it's taboo and in my first reading of the manga (re-read last few weeks) that's still my impression.
retributionisblind.wordpress.com
Jan 23, 2016 2:17 AM
Aug 2012
My gut will be feeling this for a while now. By the way, who said, "I hope your choices lead to happiness"?
Mar 27, 2016 8:31 AM
Mar 2016
So , how it looks after 5 years? Will we get someday official sequel from author (Masahiro Itosugi) ? Or we must wait until somebody will create good fan fiction as sequel ?
Jun 14, 2016 5:29 PM
Jun 2016
So this is definitely open ended
But I see three possibilities
1. They end up together and have to face society (which since he's had sex with both his sisters I think they can manage)
2. They move separately and will never fully heal (seems most people are thinking this)
3. This is my radical theory... to truly be happy together forever like their parents are now they commit suicide (ending was at a cemetery reminiscing about their parents being lovers)
Aug 12, 2016 1:17 PM
Dec 2013
Googlejunkiexo said:
So this is definitely open ended
But I see three possibilities
1. They end up together and have to face society (which since he's had sex with both his sisters I think they can manage)
2. They move separately and will never fully heal (seems most people are thinking this)
3. This is my radical theory... to truly be happy together forever like their parents are now they commit suicide (ending was at a cemetery reminiscing about their parents being lovers)

anyone still here in this theard ? lol
well I think it's really a open ending but I think there are some hints it was actually a happy ending
Aki is smiling so I don't think this was bad
I think they really end up together even if not as an official couple they still end up as secret lovers
but like you said yes man if we see this in a dark light it could really means both of them killed themself and it was actually their ghosts visiting their parents grave and they will be together forever as ghosts just like their parents lol I prefer to think it was really them alive and they will keep the incest relationship forever
Aug 12, 2016 1:24 PM
Dec 2013
Guys
at end every girl end moving on from sora ?
Kana ends up loving nami
the girl (I forgot her name) ends up keeping showning her body and flerting with random guys
Alice keeps her feelings mahara
Runa shows some sad feeling at end and is left a hint at she missing sora (I guess this can means at end her feelings to sora were really true love but don't even she know how to deal with love and can only miss sora and don't even realize she is missing him)
so at end the only one who truly ended up loving sora was aki ? and the other girls were only sex ? (and maybe runa but I don't think even Runa know about her own feelings)
Aug 12, 2016 1:30 PM
Dec 2013
bratrstvoNODKane said:
So , how it looks after 5 years? Will we get someday official sequel from author (Masahiro Itosugi) ? Or we must wait until somebody will create good fan fiction as sequel ?

I hope there will be something like a epilogue chapter, or an episode from anime with an epilogue of what happens after the manga ending
or even an interview with the author where he explains what happens with them in the ending
Aug 12, 2016 3:49 PM
Mar 2016
sasusaku12 said:
bratrstvoNODKane said:

I hope there will be something like a epilogue chapter, or an episode from anime with an epilogue of what happens after the manga ending
or even an interview with the author where he explains what happens with them in the ending

I am here every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. to check if anybody is alive too on this thread/manga + check if somebody answered on my comment.

And now to your answer:
in the fact, if we compare time and season of 30th chapter, we will find out that 30th chapter was real 1-chapter epilogue.
anime isnt right to be compared with manga (because of its lenght) and I very doubt about that we would get something like explanation from author in something like interview (or in any kind of statement)... I am checking author´s twitter in hope that someday I will discover there official statement of sequel of this very nice manga but honestly, Ithink that there is higher chance for excelent fanfic sequel than official sequel.
BTW: Author is woman, not man, so it is SHE not HE ;-).
Aug 12, 2016 6:28 PM

Dec 2008
bratrstvoNODKane said:
sasusaku12 said:

I am here every day. EVERY SINGLE DAY. to check if anybody is alive too on this thread/manga + check if somebody answered on my comment.

I too still observe this thread but honestly I doubt there is much hope for any sort of sequel T_T Aki-Sora was never a mainstream title and there weren't many fanfics created even shortly after it ended, the chances that any decent and finished fanfic would appear now are close to none :(
As for an official continuation, the only way it could happen is if Itosugi-sensei decided to try to restart the series in hopes that it retained it's popularity (as it was her most successful manga) but while I think there is quite a lot of people that would gladly take the opportunity to read it, there may be simply not enough of them to make this work out for an author that has to live out of it :( Sadly this is the fate of titles such as Aki-Sora - they have a strong impact but on a very narrow audience.
New profile design sucks.
Aug 13, 2016 4:49 PM
Mar 2016
I am glad that I am not alone in observing, haha. I agree with that there is just few fanfics and from there fewer which are really good but fanfic still has bigger chance than official sequel because I almost dont believe that she would make sequel after 5 years from end of manga/8 years from start of manga and remake is unreal. Yes, it is her the most successful manga and thats why I am still hoping that she will make sequel. That fact about very narrow audiece is quite right sadly too, but its rly pity that she didnt make only aki-sora storyline manga and incorporated so much cheating+ orgy from 6th chapter... But still it was excelent manga with thise failings.
Aug 21, 2016 10:04 PM
Dec 2013
sasusaku12 said:
Guys
and the other girls were only sex ? (and maybe runa but I don't think even Runa know about her own feelings)

That's my interpretation after a longer time skip. I saw it from the "Move on" perspective, and that over time.

For Sora, I figured that Runa figures her feelings out and tries to be involved romantically with Sora (whose heart probably slowly, slowly healed). Considering Sora's tendency to literally be dragged by the balls by anything with a vagina, his answer to the proposal could go either way.

There were plenty of other girls, but Runa is really the only option left that the manga goes into. The other sexy times (besides Aki, of course) were either to help resolve the female character's personal dilemma (Nami, Kana, Asana), or was played as comedy (Alice, The entire all-girls school). In comparison, Runa has had almost as much screentime as Kana, and she seems to vaugly ponder her own feelings after every encounter.

And personally, I just like to pretend ch. 6 never happened (for sanity's sake); there's easily 5 levels of wrong in that chapter that makes the concept of incest seem pure in comparison.

---------
For Aki...considering that we only see Aki's character from the perspective of Sora and her "Mother" (in flashbacks), and that she has not interacted with any other character in the manga (besides Alice for literally 3 panels) there isn't as much room to interpret what happened to her afterwards (or rather, too much room to make anything concrete). I guess There's always the possibility of turning lesbian from her new environment.
Aug 26, 2016 7:26 PM
Aug 2016
I feel that some of the features sucked (but this is still great, I made this account for this particular manga, since I didn't have one before.) I don't think Sora and Nami should have had sex, why? It would've been so much better if Nami kept being mad at Sora. When Sora and Kana where together, Nami's pain was obvious, it showed. It should've stayed that way, for a more impacting finale to their story (which was the only thing that was interesting to me.) The ending was sad, like it should've been. Sora didn't have anyone anymore, he was alone, the way it should've been. The threesome with Sora Kana and Nami was terrible... Why? It made no sense, unless it was to make Sora get the most action. They should've fought (hit eachother etc.) only for Nami to kiss Kana or something. The base and start of Kana & Nami's story was super. The rest wasn't very good.

By the way, I'm not into either manga or anime, is there any manga (or anime) with the same or similar story to the one with Nami and Kana. I'd like to read that big time...
NotNowPleaseSirAug 26, 2016 7:31 PM
Aug 27, 2016 3:17 AM
Aug 2016
The ending was open ended but I think it implied th being together (as she smiled at him at the end)but the words meant otherwise(somewhat misleading).bit still I think they will go with each other.(90%)
Sep 2, 2016 8:18 AM
Nov 2015
for me is a happy end
Sep 3, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2008
NotNowPleaseSir said:
I don't think Sora and Nami should have had sex, why? It would've been so much better if Nami kept being mad at Sora. When Sora and Kana where together, Nami's pain was obvious, it showed. It should've stayed that way, for a more impacting finale to their story

I wouldn't really describe that as sex, it was rape (even more than any other scene when Sora was just taken without really wanting to), and it was underlying how messed up that "triangle" and its participants were. Nami wanted Kana but did not believed she could ever have her so she pushed her and Sora together while being angry at Sora that he could have what she did not, Sora didn't wanted Kana but (as always) wasn't able to say "no" to her or Nami, and Kana couldn't even be honest with herself on who she really wants. That rape scene was showing how dangerously bad Nami jealousy was getting.
NotNowPleaseSir said:
The threesome with Sora Kana and Nami was terrible... Why? It made no sense, unless it was to make Sora get the most action. They should've fought (hit eachother etc.) only for Nami to kiss Kana or something.

I don't see that happening, Sora would never be able to fight back against anyone and especially not Nami while Nami would never want to hurt Kana, so there is no chance for any serious fight, only pointless violence with Nami once again taking her stress out on her brother.

NotNowPleaseSir said:
By the way, I'm not into either manga or anime, is there any manga (or anime) with the same or similar story to the one with Nami and Kana. I'd like to read that big time...

You may check Watashi no Sekai wo Kousei suru Chiri no You na Nani ka
https://myanimelist.net/manga/50909/Watashi_no_Sekai_wo_Kousei_suru_Chiri_no_You_na_Nani_ka
But I think that in order to get an accurate recommendation you would need to describe a bit more which part of their story were the ones that you like.
Sep 5, 2016 12:21 AM
Sep 2016
Read the manga bcz i saw the ova and had to finish it, can't leave things with out end
Ending was shit
I get that she has depression (i do too from alot of things mainly my fathers death and mothers abuse) but still finnish you stuff, don't just leave it

Also, it was just a fuck fest,
It's starts with him being raped by his older sister and then after a while he gets hocked by her bomb pussy, then gets raped by a shy girl to then again get into it, to be raped by his fucking to twin bcz he fucked her crush so she can feel her to then be forced into fucking her again and again while fucking aki and kana, to then be forced to wear girl cloths bcz kana has a thing for that for him and lets not forget her fucking him in a church and saying she loves him to leave him for his twin after they fight for 3 3 ways over him and in the middle of that he meets a girl wearing girls cloths that likes to be seen masturbaing and shit, to like him bcz she thinks he's crazy like her, to then take him to a orgy where he passes out and wakes up to see every one fucking, so he joins bcz fuck it right?
I know thers more but i can't be botherd with them
To then knowing that his mom and dad were brother and sister that some how got healthy twins and a girl bcz fuck logic

To go look for his sister that his dad took to fuck some random girl bcz he is a pussy magnot to then be molested by half a school for being a "male"
To then have his older sister that he came looking for bcz she got him to belive he loved her dumb him who said to his face that she would never leave him then say she can't go with him after she's the one who started it, bcz it might be wrong then end on a fucking cliff hanger bcz the writer couldn'f be botherd to write ffs

Side note: the face that he didn't fuck the mom/aunt shocks me bcz every thing with a fucking pussy that meets him wants to force him into sex
Oh and in all this fucking between underage girls not one of them seem to know about the other
Wtf is this shit
That's some f'd up shit if you thing about it and then end with a shitty end

Side note #2 : i love how kana and the twin just turned les out of no where
Just fuck it, i'll make them les that enjoye being fucked by a man that looks like a girl
Johnny_S_witesSep 5, 2016 6:07 PM
Sep 12, 2016 7:08 AM
Sep 2016
I read all six volumes (jumped some nonsense,most sex) I really liked it,but that final left me confused and depressed , then researched the author in google and not found anything about , but fortunately I found this forum ...

I would like to contact the author, just to thank, it seems the right thing to do
Sep 12, 2016 5:34 PM

Dec 2008
Neloth said:
I read all six volumes (jumped some nonsense,most sex) I really liked it,but that final left me confused and depressed , then researched the author in google and not found anything about , but fortunately I found this forum ...

I would like to contact the author, just to thank, it seems the right thing to do

Just check author profile here on MAL
https://myanimelist.net/people/3742/Masahiro_Itosugi
you may find a way to contact here with the links that are listed on the left side.
Sep 12, 2016 6:55 PM
Sep 2016
Karharot said:
Neloth said:

Just check author profile here on MAL
https://myanimelist.net/people/3742/Masahiro_Itosugi
you may find a way to contact here with the links that are listed on the left side.

Thanks,I'll try to contact her for sure(I need to do it)anyway,she has depression ? I had no idea on that, I also did not know it was a woman..
Sep 12, 2016 10:03 PM

Dec 2008
Neloth said:
Thanks,I'll try to contact her for sure(I need to do it)anyway,she has depression ? I had no idea on that, I also did not know it was a woman..

Yeah the author is a woman. As for her depression, she had it after her friend died five years ago but I hope she got better since then (though it is never a sure thing with depression).
Sep 13, 2016 6:31 AM
Sep 2016
Karharot said:
Neloth said:

Yeah the author is a woman. As for her depression, she had it after her friend died five years ago but I hope she got better since then (though it is never a sure thing with depression).

it's weird, I got those links and it on facebook says it's a man, and on twitter he or she put several melancholic and depressive phrases, it is quite sad to see that he or she still has depression, I know how it is, my mother also has depression.
Sep 13, 2016 5:11 PM

Dec 2008
Neloth said:
it's weird, I got those links and it on facebook says it's a man, and on twitter he or she put several melancholic and depressive phrases, it is quite sad to see that he or she still has depression, I know how it is, my mother also has depression.

She is most definitely a woman, if you don't trust my word you can just check the Afterword in the last chapter of Aki-Sora where she drawn herself as a woman.
And yeah, the bad thing about depression is that it can last a few months but it can just as well last for yeras, and even if it looks like it got all better it can return without warning for (what would look like to any outsider) the most insignificant reason :(
Sep 13, 2016 5:46 PM
Sep 2016
Karharot said:
Neloth said:

She is most definitely a woman, if you don't trust my word you can just check the Afterword in the last chapter of Aki-Sora where she drawn herself as a woman.
And yeah, the bad thing about depression is that it can last a few months but it can just as well last for yeras, and even if it looks like it got all better it can return without warning for (what would look like to any outsider) the most insignificant reason :(

It is strange that, please have a look at her facebook profile clearly says it is a man, it's confusing me, I thought it was an effeminate man in that final story about her friend with cancer.

And that end that gets me, Aki seduced him in the beginning, then left him, and they don't stay together at the end, and who says that last sentence ? Was Sora ?
Sep 13, 2016 9:21 PM

Dec 2008
Neloth said:
It is strange that, please have a look at her facebook profile clearly says it is a man,

Umm, I don't see it but I don't have my own FB account so maybe I don't have access to all the info on the profile (I dislike FB and avoid it as much as possible).
Neloth said:
it's confusing me, I thought it was an effeminate man in that final story about her friend with cancer.

The choice of clothes says otherwise...
Neloth said:
And that end that gets me, Aki seduced him in the beginning, then left him, and they don't stay together at the end, and who says that last sentence ? Was Sora ?

I don't know :( It is probably deliberately left unclear so the interpretation of the scene, and what may come of it, is left entirely to the reader. Personally I don't like when authors do that because I have the tendency to pessimistically assume the worst, but in this case this was probably the most positive thing that the author could manage for use given the state she herself was in T_T
Sep 14, 2016 4:38 AM
Sep 2016
Karharot said:
Neloth said:
It is strange that, please have a look at her facebook profile clearly says it is a man,

Umm, I don't see it but I don't have my own FB account so maybe I don't have access to all the info on the profile (I dislike FB and avoid it as much as possible).
Neloth said:
it's confusing me, I thought it was an effeminate man in that final story about her friend with cancer.

The choice of clothes says otherwise...
Neloth said:

I don't know :( It is probably deliberately left unclear so the interpretation of the scene, and what may come of it, is left entirely to the reader. Personally I don't like when authors do that because I have the tendency to pessimistically assume the worst, but in this case this was probably the most positive thing that the author could manage for use given the state she herself was in T_T

Honestly, I did not used the facebook already does about three years, it is useless to me, so I logged just to see her profile lol, and after seeing Sora dressing like a girl the whole manga, of course she looked more like an effeminate boy than a woman to me , and then her friend with cancer asked if she already had drawn herself
Sep 15, 2016 10:42 AM
Mar 2016
Neloth said:

Sora propably said it (otherwise that sentense would be pointless and nonsens) and If you are clever and checked carefully all pages of 30th chapter, you would notice, there are many references that they will comeback together and it will end happily.
bratrstvoNODKaneSep 15, 2016 10:49 AM
Sep 15, 2016 10:51 AM
Sep 2016
bratrstvoNODKane said:
Neloth said:

Sora propably said it (otherwise that sentense would be pointless and nonsens) and If you are clever and checked carefully all pages of 30th chapter, you would notice, there are many references that they will comeback together and it will end happily.

Good, some times I just want a good ending, a happy ending.
Sep 17, 2016 11:31 PM
Mar 2016
Karharot said:
Neloth said:

Karharot said:
Neloth said:

She still has depression? Well, too bad for potential Aki-Sora sequel...
Sep 22, 2016 9:36 AM
Sep 2016
Well that waas akis choice so.. and that was the best but since they have started the weird relationship why not finish it? Who cares about the world.
Dec 11, 2016 8:35 PM

Sep 2011
To be honest, for me, Aki is a fucking cunt. She's the one who started this mess and now Sora's feeling the same way then now he has to suffer on his feelings. She should take responsibility or feel eternal guilt for making Sora that way. He could've a normal relationship with some other woman poor him.

Jan 25, 2017 11:13 AM
Jan 2017
About a year ago, I completed the (unfinished) Aki Sora anime. Since then, it just sorta slipped from my mind. I was recently reminded of it, and looked at a summary of the complete story line of the manga on Wikipedia. I read the entire manga series online in about four days. I thought it was just a generic ecchi with nothing too special about it. That is, until I got to the last book. God damn, did it take a turn in atmosphere? The thin plot and simple-minded sex turned to a somber, depressing, tragic love story.

When I read the last scene of the final chapter, I was overwhelmed with sadness. When I read that last line, I was overtaken by a whirlpool of various emotions and feelings. I've been very emotional lately, mainly because I've been struggling with porn addiction (yes, with hentai), but that final line filled me with more thoughts and emotions than all the prior thoughts and emotions I felt over the past couple months of struggling. And, I think I know why.

You see, Aki Sora has, for the most part, been an intentionally predictable series; like all ecchi, it had a formula. It was made to be simple so the reader could be aroused free of surprises and get off to it if they so desired. I noticed in the books, there were some more subtle and intriguing details in the plot that the reader could analyze if they wanted, but it was avoidable up until the ending. The ending forces you to think, It's meant to challenge you. On top of that, everything sexual that made the read manageable completely diminished in the last few chapters, giving you no escape.

It's not easy to take in, two forbidden lovers are finally separated from each other. To pour salt on the wound, one of the loyal lovers has a change of heart and refuses to continue the relationship. While Aki had um... questionable.... motives, she has proven her loyalty and love to Sora, something anyone would enjoy having proven to them, which makes it easy for the reader to relate. But in the end, all that loyalty and love we could project ourselves receiving was never to be seen again. It fucking hurts: everything you could hold in your arms that made you feel warm took a train that would have them out of your reach and sight so suddenly. It's too much to take.

Once Aki and Sora met again, I'm sure we all hoped they would get back together. Hell, I'm sure that what we all expected, right? But instead, they just look at each other, then Sora, after being through so much grief, says to Aki,

“I hope your choices lead to happiness.”

I can understand why people hated this ending. It's most likely because, they didn't know how to process it. For the first time in this ecchi, nothing is explained. We're never told what happens next. I remember when I saw that last line, I genuinely shouted in tears “No, no! That's not the ending! That CAN'T be the ending!” Well, it was. I couldn't take at first.

We, the readers, have been cradled by Clarification throughout the entirety of the story, and we took it for granted. At the end, Clarification dropped us, and left us with tense unresolve. If we were in Sora's shoes, I'm sure we would all beg Aki to come back with us, because we, the observers, haven't reached acceptance yet. It all happened to fast for us, but this wasn't the case for Sora. Considering, the last scene is likely a time skip, Sora worked through the grief and reached acceptance.

For us, the ending seems very sad, however it's really not as sad as you think. The last line, “I hope your choices lead to happiness,” is a cross between the two concepts, “If you love something, let it go,” and “If you're happy, then I'm happy.” Sora basically says whatever choice Aki makes, whether it's being with him or not, he wants her to be happy. See? It's not very sad now, is it? Considering Sora, the character we're relating to, achieved acceptance, why shouldn't we? While the future is never confirmed, in the end, we do know that whatever happens, Sora is happy. Shouldn't that be enough for us to be somewhat satisfied?

Whilst reading this discussion thread, I noticed there were people speculating what happened after the ending. To my surprise, a lot of their theories were really sad. Those people don't necessarily feel like they need a happy ending, but they feel they need answers. To the speculators, I think your missing the point of the ending. Like I said, It doesn't matter if Aki and Sora become lovers again. What matters is what's been implied: they're both happy.

I noticed people considering and confirming they would contact the writer of Aki Sora, and pester her to change the ending. To you people, I 100% guarantee she will not change anything. The whole point of the ending was to force uncertainty, to make us think. I believe Itosugi's intention around the end was to add realism to the story. In reality, you can't always have answers.

I'm sure many of you know that there's an author's note after the end of the story. Itosugi tells us about a close friend of hers who died of cancer while she was writing Aki Sora. If you haven't, I strongly recommend you give the author's note a read. She made it clear that the ending of the book was inspired by her grief. And it shows.

Everything happened so fast. Blinded by denial. Swarmed by depression. Then finally, released by acceptance. Sound familiar? Itosugi took a very troubling experience, and incorperated into her ecchi book in a way that didn't feel forced at all. Not only did Itosugi make an ingenius ending out of it, but she also used this art as a way to cope and work through the suffering, which is so commemorable. Seriously, I have the highest respect for Masahiro Itosugi.

Ever since I finished Aki Sora, I've been depressed. Even days after reading the story, I still felt like I lost something I loved, which is also how Itosugi felt when she actually lost her friend. I don't blame people for being depressed after reading the ending, but it's not an ending that should be changed. In this case, asking Itosugi to change the ending of Aki Sora is basically asking her to erase everything she did to cope with her suffering.

I hope this post helped you understand and stomach the ending a bit better. I personally feel a lot better posting this explanation.
Feb 27, 2017 7:16 AM
Jan 2017
I'll try soothing your stomaches by explaining how Aki's last words can be interpreted and most likely what she really ment.
Earlier Aki said, in the train scene, that if Sora doesn't want Aki to go she won't go which leads us to the conclusion that the choice which Sora picks will be obedient to Aki. He will most probably choose to be with Aki, despite knowing what will happen, so it means that they are going to be together.
Dunno if it is hard to see it from the same perspective from which I am viewing it.
Apr 22, 2017 7:56 AM
Apr 2017
can somebody tell me what is the ending in aki sora because i dont have sufficient net to watch the anime please i am dying to know
Apr 25, 2017 10:52 AM
Mar 2016
nitrokingston said:
can somebody tell me what is the ending in aki sora because i dont have sufficient net to watch the anime please i am dying to know

Read manga... ffffssss.
Mar 31, 2018 6:02 AM

Dec 2015
I had watched the OVAs and really liked them but never got around to reading the manga until recently.

I loved the story and characters but have a serious problem with the ending. I can completely understand why they would both walk away from their relationship. After the reveal with the father and Mother #2, it makes sense that it is an extra-bad idea.

And I understand that it was a mutual, even if highly reluctant decision, in fact in real life this is how it would play out, almost assuredly if these types of people were involved so the story makes perfect sense.

No. The problem I have is that they gradually tore away at everything good in Sora's life, leaving him a broken shell of a person. It was a straight gut-punch in a series that had had serious moments sure, but this was not how I expected it to end.

Anyone with even the slightest understanding of foreshadowing had toknow that Aki and Sora would not end up together, this is telegraphed very early on. But the way they went abot it made it all fell unpleasant and nasty.

Sora's psyche is now destroyed and the girl that I hoped he would get with went full lesbian (Kana) , he is all alone now that his father is dead and his aunt is seemingly less interested than ever. It's just a "fuck you" ending all around.

Err, don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Akisora a lot, but the ending suffers from severe tonal dissonance and appears to be very rushed. Again, many references are dropped that they will not stay together forever, Aki says that she feels like she's in a dream twice, implying that what they have is temporary. Nami says that family can't stay together forever, foreshadowing the split. I get it , I do, but man was the ending executed poorly.... character arcs dropped or left incomplete, protagonist possibly left utterly scarred and permanently traumatized, we don't know but that's what it appears to be. Good manga, bad ending.
Dominick_DestineMar 31, 2018 7:00 PM
Apr 11, 2018 4:09 AM

Dec 2008
Dominick_Destine said:
I enjoyed Akisora a lot, but the ending suffers from severe tonal dissonance and appears to be very rushed. Again, many references are dropped that they will not stay together forever, Aki says that she feels like she's in a dream twice, implying that what they have is temporary. Nami says that family can't stay together forever, foreshadowing the split. I get it , I do, but man was the ending executed poorly.... character arcs dropped or left incomplete, protagonist possibly left utterly scarred and permanently traumatized, we don't know but that's what it appears to be. Good manga, bad ending.

The afterword at the end of the last chapter explains why Aki-Sora ended like that. Due to her friend illness and ultimately death author suffered from severe depression and was unable to continue this manga in its original lighter tones. The rushed ending and that feeling of everything falling apart for Sora is most likely the author putting her feelings at the time into the story. It might have not even been fully intentional, it just came out like that because there was no other inspiration to draw on.
Life sometimes sucks like that T_T
May 13, 2018 9:32 PM

Jan 2013
After finishing this, now I feel sad:(
Aug 25, 2018 4:18 AM

Jan 2018
Oh, so that shit finally ended.
Nov 19, 2018 6:49 AM
Nov 2018
Still need a sequel bcuz runa parents didn't explained in this storyline and have a lot of things didn't explained yet
Nov 19, 2018 6:37 PM
Nov 2018
this story not finished yet..bcuz the new story was begin between runa and sora..i know a lot of people want Aki and sora together..even it forbidden..but
Nov 19, 2018 6:39 PM
Nov 2018
history can't be change but we can create a new history
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aki-Sora Chapter 8 Discussion

jujubeeza - Sep 17, 2009

25 by psyche-K »»
Jan 6, 2023 11:54 PM

Poll: » Aki-Sora Chapter 29 Discussion

Karharot - Jan 25, 2012

11 by ignoremesenpie »»
Dec 31, 2022 6:18 PM

Poll: » Aki-Sora Chapter 25 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jun 13, 2011

16 by splure »»
Sep 30, 2022 7:56 AM

Poll: » Aki-Sora Chapter 6 Discussion

Deadrocks - Mar 8, 2009

48 by light_straight »»
Apr 4, 2022 12:44 AM

Poll: » Aki-Sora Chapter 24 Discussion

-Quasar - Apr 22, 2011

10 by GeneralVitoriano »»
Aug 10, 2021 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.