Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 19, 2011 5:39 PM
Aug 2010
chainermike said:
Touko OUT OF FUCKIN NOWHERE O.O

I swear the Aozaki sisters have their hand in about everything that goes on in the nasuverse.

Faker_ said:
thanks Ketuekigami for the explanation of Kiritsugu powers.

Can anyone explain me what did Kirei use? I'm pretty sure this show is above kage bushins and that there is some magic involved in deflecting bullets that are hitting your arm.

Only thing i can think of is reinforcement magic, magic that makes objects alot more resilient(or something along those lines).

It's not Touko. Consider the time period this series takes place in.
Nov 19, 2011 5:42 PM

Oct 2009
chainermike said:

I swear the Aozaki sisters have their hand in about everything that goes on in the nasuverse.

That wasn't Aozaki Touko.
Nov 19, 2011 5:47 PM

Oct 2010
Gamaliel said:
Monad said:

the thing that leaves me feel kind of weird is the fight with Kirei. Isn't the guy human? Wtf was with pullets bouncing off him? And then even if i accept that his powerful enough to bring a tree down he certainly took quite some time why didn't Iris just pick the gun from the ground and start shooting him before he break loose or the knife to stab him?
That battle really wasn't made very well.
And Maiya was severely wounded, and when she was about to grab the gun, she heard the sound of the tree being broken apart, and stared at it instead of doing anything.
Which was not smart to do. A flashbang would have been much more effective or smoke bomb.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 19, 2011 5:54 PM

Jul 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Which was not smart to do. A flashbang would have been much more effective or smoke bomb.

A smoke bomb doesn't seem as if it'd be effective, here. Maiya was far too injured to run and Iri was in no position to carry her while holding Kirei. The best option would have been to shoot him in the head, though it make sense to delay if she wasn't sure of how to react to the quick change in circumstances.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change, change the form of man. Free the might from fleshy mire. Boil the blood in heart of fire. Gone, gone the form of man. Rise the demon, Etrigan!
Nov 19, 2011 6:03 PM

Jun 2010
Topgunuk69 said:
chainermike said:

Really? I guess the blue hair threw me off, I'm guessing they reveal who that was later on right?(no spoilers plz)

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Nov 19, 2011 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
.....I'm probably a bit messed up, but I thought Irisviel coughing up blood was pretty hot. Don't see that a lot. Unexpected, but glad they kept that.
Nov 19, 2011 6:24 PM
Jul 2018
http://animuthoughts.blogspot.com/2011/11/fate-zero-episode-8.html
^pictures

But sheesh those were some one-sided fights. I'm kinda glad Kayneth got what he deserved. He was one seriously cocky bitch. I only wish Caster were killed by Lancer's unhealable lance. Irisviel the milf shows she's not just a milf and can do something!

Judging from the preview
Nov 19, 2011 6:34 PM

May 2011
On another note...

I just can't blame Kayneth's woman, you know. Lancer and his love-spot are pretty damn sexy, specially here...
If I die and I find that I had a soul inside,
Promise me you'll take it up to its final ride...
Nov 19, 2011 6:49 PM

Sep 2011
Very good episode,another one for the best anime this season.

Kirei being a bad ass this episode she defeated pretty easy both Irisviel and Maiya,he even stab Iri but now we know were the scabbard is he give it of what he loves most.

Another bad ass of course is Kiritsugu he own Kayneth,interesting to see who is that chick that give Emiya that bullets will probably know more later.

Caster runs like the bitch he is after Lancer/Saber combo rips his book we will see more of "child lover" later.

Btw al ot of blood this episode I LOVE IT specially this scene!

Good episode lets see what the next episodes bring us.
raxius1230Nov 19, 2011 6:54 PM
Nov 19, 2011 6:51 PM

Oct 2009
chainermike said:
Topgunuk69 said:
chainermike said:

Really? I guess the blue hair threw me off, I'm guessing they reveal who that was later on right?(no spoilers plz)

Yes, that'll be explained later, and I'm sure if Touko was in it they'd give her Red hair like they did in the KnK movies.
Nov 19, 2011 6:52 PM

Dec 2010
Asteradragon said:
.....I'm probably a bit messed up, but I thought Irisviel coughing up blood was pretty hot. Don't see that a lot. Unexpected, but glad they kept that.

Kirei should've been a bro and take out one of her eyes instead. I bet Irisviel would look mighty fine in an eyepatchy.

Too bad for me. Too bad.
Nov 19, 2011 6:56 PM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
did she do something naughty or bad that it was not shown from the impression I got? I mean Kiritsugu was not in a position that looked like good. Like he was tired or something.

Well they did say that she grounded his ribs into powder for the origin bullet so that's just him lying down after the excruciating pain he was put through. I mean wow taking out part of your ribs has got to hurt.
Nov 19, 2011 7:00 PM

Mar 2009
Really impressed with this episode. I gasped out loud when Iris was stabbed! Imagine my relief when it turned out okay. I know she'll probably die eventually, but I think she's too important to the story to die early on. I haven't read the novels, so this is just me speculating, but I would imagine she won't die until the very end, since she's somehow important for the grail itself. (That is, if I'm interpreting the series correctly so far.)

Can't wait for next week! I'm always really impatient to watch this series, haha. And it makes me want to go back and watch F/SN! Guess I'll try to wait until F/Z is over.
Nov 19, 2011 7:06 PM

Oct 2010
halberdiers said:
Yumekichi11 said:
did she do something naughty or bad that it was not shown from the impression I got? I mean Kiritsugu was not in a position that looked like good. Like he was tired or something.

Well they did say that she grounded his ribs into powder for the origin bullet so that's just him lying down after the excruciating pain he was put through. I mean wow taking out part of your ribs has got to hurt.
Wow that is sick. A steep price to pay for that bullet.

Is there any counter for that bullet?

Nov 19, 2011 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Blocking it by non-magical means.

Because the origin bullet made contact with Kayneth's magecraft its origin effects got fed back into his active magical circuits without even needing to actually hit him physically.

And because Kiritsugu got Kayneth to put all his prana into defence with the first, non-origin bullet, Kayneth was using all of his magical circuits when the origin bullet hit Volumen Hydragyrum meaning all of his magical circuits were affected by Kiritsugu's origin of severing and binding.
Nov 19, 2011 7:43 PM
Jul 2018
Topgunuk69 said:
And because Kiritsugu got Kayneth to put all his prana into defence with the first, non-origin bullet, Kayneth was using all of his magical circuits when the origin bullet hit Volumen Hydragyrum meaning all of his magical circuits were affected by Kiritsugu's origin of severing and binding.

So that means Kayneth can never use magic or can he recover his prana via Sola-Ui?

Also whatever happened to Uryuu? Is Caster completely incapacitated? Ahh so many questions left unanswered :'(
Nov 19, 2011 7:59 PM

Oct 2009
PikachuXD said:
Topgunuk69 said:

So that means Kayneth can never use magic or can he recover his prana via Sola-Ui?

Also whatever happened to Uryuu? Is Caster completely incapacitated? Ahh so many questions left unanswered :'(

With his Magical circuits irreversibly damaged he can no longer use magecraft.

Uryuu doesn't accompany Caster on the battlefield since he's not a Magus and would only be a liability.
Nov 19, 2011 8:18 PM

Nov 2008
now if i were lancer... i would just watch kayneth die and give kiritsugu a thumbs up LOL
Nov 19, 2011 8:21 PM

Aug 2010
It was cool to see the fighting with the masters instead of only the servants.
Nov 19, 2011 8:23 PM

Feb 2009
Topgunuk69 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

And yet the Thompson Contender has a lot of penetrating power that you would to have an armor of an armored vehicle to block it.
That is why Kiritsugu chose that gun as his Mystic Code and how thorough his preparation for it.
Nov 19, 2011 8:27 PM

Oct 2010
I loved this episode but i swear Saber be pissing me off. I wish that crazy caster died. I know one thing this series make its sequel look like shit. How come i got a strange feeling Saber silly pride is going to get somebody killed sooner or later.
Nov 19, 2011 8:42 PM
Jul 2018
So going by what happened in this episode and the preview, I'm guessing Lancer'll be the first to fall? It's a shame there, but I guess he does have the odds against him (and his crappy luck stat's not helping). He's too... chivalrous to do well in this Grail War, where most of the other master and servant duos are as cutthroat as they come, and Kayneth doesn't really seem willing or able to use him properly to make up for that. And was that Sola-Ui asking Kayneth (I guess) for his command spells in the preview? (It didn't sound like Iri or Maiya anyway.) ...That's not going to end well, is it? If Kayneth lets his servant die needlessly out of jealousy (and/or cowardice) I will not be a happy camper. :/

Also, man. Kotomine has bullet-proof priest robes. That's... really something. Makes sense with his line of work I guess, but still, just... wow.
Nov 19, 2011 8:50 PM

May 2011
I guess it's just me thinking that caster is quite weak? The only think he can do is summon countless monsters or put a red fog so he could escape... And his monsters burst like water balloon with no flesh at all.

I wonder who will be the first to die... Caster or Lancer?
Nov 19, 2011 8:51 PM

Oct 2010
Topgunuk69 said:
PikachuXD said:
Topgunuk69 said:

With his Magical circuits irreversibly damaged he can no longer use magecraft.

So all in all Kayneth is as useless now for the damage he got. Can't he be healed at all by anyone?

If not then I assume Sola is now taking his place like it was intended to. Kayneth is permanently out of magecraft or perhaps with time things will settle with him? But wow just WOW one bullet is all it takes. Kind of a trade of EPIC proportion. City Hunter had loads of great ones in regards to those.
belatkuro said:
Topgunuk69 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

And yet the Thompson Contender has a lot of penetrating power that you would to have an armour of an armoured vehicle to block it.
That is why Kiritsugu chose that gun as his Mystic Code and how thorough his preparation for it.
Ah the famous WW2 armour piercer handgun. One bullet but hard to stop. Would Lancer be able to do something about it?

Nov 19, 2011 8:58 PM

Aug 2011
Ahh Caster didn't die o__o
Oh wells :3
Nov 19, 2011 9:05 PM

Nov 2011
That was quite the ride. That bajiquan and Kayneth suffering and lady beating and lancer honoring.
Yumekichi11 said:
Ah the famous WW2 armour piercer handgun. One bullet but hard to stop. Would Lancer be able to do something about it?

Against Kiritsugu? Lancer would kill Kiritsugu so fast before his brain can even process the message to shoot. When Lancer said the only reason Kiritsugu is still alive is because of Saber's honour, he meant it.
dankickyouNov 19, 2011 9:09 PM
The Art of Eight
Nov 19, 2011 9:13 PM
Dec 2008
dang great episode
kirei, is he even human? lol
i was expecting someone to die for sure
but i guess its still too early for that
liked the action esp
Nov 19, 2011 9:18 PM
Jun 2008
dankickyou said:

Yumekichi11 said:

Against Kiritsugu? Lancer would kill Kiritsugu so fast before his brain can even process the message to shoot. When Lancer said the only reason Kiritsugu is still alive is because of Saber's honour, he meant it.
both lancer and Saber are idiot that forgot about their main purpose ...
Nov 19, 2011 9:30 PM
Mar 2009
Damn, those origin bullets sure do make Kiritsugu live up to his name of Magus Killer. Overloading the Magic Circuits, ouch. I'm surprised Kayneth was still able to talk in the preview.

Oh man...the more Irisviel says that Maiya and herself will stop Kirei, the more sad I get. There's no trace of them in Fate/Stay Night so I assume they die, but Kirei is still alive...WHY?!?

And the Avalon makes its appearance! Which makes me even more sad since that definitely means Irisviel dies since Shirou has it in Fate/Stay Night...

Kind of sucks getting to know and like these characters and knowing they'll die in the sequel...
Nov 19, 2011 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
I hope Kiritsugu burn in hell.
Nov 19, 2011 10:05 PM

Dec 2007
Monad said:

I think it's a name found in people under Christian Orthodox church. So yeah such a name can be found in Russia, Greece and even Poland although they are a minority in Poland.

It has nothing to do with religion. In Poland it's a common name. 7th most popular female name in 2009 btw.
snowgreen said:

Why?
Manga...manga...m a n g a...degrading, violent, not even a speck of reality, rearing up today's perverts, partially responsible for today's teenage criminals...the epitome of evil! The trickery of the little *********! - Akiha Tohno
Nov 19, 2011 10:06 PM

Nov 2006
snowgreen said:
do you... like kayneth or something?
lol
Nov 19, 2011 10:15 PM

May 2010
3 fights in just one episode. Simply awesome.

We got to see how Kiritsugu and Kirei shows badassery everywhere.

And Irisviel do have something behind her sleeves. Felt relieved she's not dead yet. It's too early.

On the other hand, was expecting Caster to die too. lol
Nov 19, 2011 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
xahjun said:
I guess it's just me thinking that caster is quite weak? The only think he can do is summon countless monsters or put a red fog so he could escape... And his monsters burst like water balloon with no flesh at all.

I wonder who will be the first to die... Caster or Lancer?

Yes indeed, Caster seems significantly weaker than the rest of 4th Grail War servants, probably because of these reasons:

- The fact that his master (Uryuu) isn't even a magus to start with. Master's magical abilities contributes directly into a servant's starting status, therefore because Uryuu can't use magic, Caster's status isn't particularly high when summoned.

- He isn't as legendary or as well-known as other Heroic Spirits in the Grail War. This, too, could affect his stats as a servant.

- He's not yet to reveal his true power in this episode.

Although he's weaker, it doesn't mean that he can't win the Grail War. It's just that Caster and Uryuu's too distracted to their own objectives instead of trying to beat a servant or two.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 19, 2011 10:42 PM

Dec 2010
Another awesome episode, its amazing how quick these episodes seem to be, for almost every episode, time seemed to fly by and then before i knew it; it was over. Kiritsugu was such a bad ass, those bullets are made from his rib...would have never guessed that; but still for how it messed up Kayneth I'd say they were worth it; its a shame he didn't die which leads me to probably the only thing i didn't like about this episode and that was that Saber needs to drop the whole high road with her honor code, granted its her character but if she didn't let Lancer pass then Kayneth would be dead now, not to mention she assumed (or possibly didn't even care?) that Lancer wouldn't kill Kiritsugu when he saved Kayneth, her "honor" is going to get someone killed eventually.Kirei is an interesting character to say the least, but it makes me curious, is the only reason that he is interested in Kiritsugu because he believes they are alike like he thought at the end of the episode or is it because he simply doesn't understand him, much like Kiritsugu doesn't understand Kirei.
Nov 19, 2011 10:51 PM
Jul 2011
I got the weirdest boner when Irisiviel got stabbed.
Nov 19, 2011 10:54 PM

Sep 2007
InfiniteDestiny said:
Another awesome episode, its amazing how quick these episodes seem to be, for almost every episode, time seemed to fly by and then before i knew it; it was over. Kiritsugu was such a bad ass, those bullets are made from his rib...would have never guessed that; but still for how it messed up Kayneth I'd say they were worth it; its a shame he didn't die which leads me to probably the only thing i didn't like about this episode and that was that Saber needs to drop the whole high road with her honor code, granted its her character but if she didn't let Lancer pass then Kayneth would be dead now, not to mention she assumed (or possibly didn't even care?) that Lancer wouldn't kill Kiritsugu when he saved Kayneth, her "honor" is going to get someone killed eventually.Kirei is an interesting character to say the least, but it makes me curious, is the only reason that he is interested in Kiritsugu because he believes they are alike like he thought at the end of the episode or is it because he simply doesn't understand him, much like Kiritsugu doesn't understand Kirei.

This. Saber's ridiculous knight's code pride was bugging me the whole episode. She either trusts Lancer (out of her pride as a knight) to not harm Kiritsugu or she doesn't give a shit and knows Kiritsugu can deal with it himself. I'm banking on the former. I hope her pride does get someone injured, preferably Irisviel since she's the closest one to her at this moment. It'll be a good slap in the face for all involved.
Nov 19, 2011 10:55 PM

Aug 2010
Kotomine is a bad ass. Has always been one of my favorites since fate stay night(mostly heavens feel). Well anyways another amazing episode. This show has been solid so far. I can't wait to see more of Gil, Rider, and Berserker.
Nov 19, 2011 11:08 PM

Dec 2010
windy said:
snowgreen said:
do you... like kayneth or something?
lol

God, who likes Kayneth?

wishbook said:

Although he's weaker, it doesn't mean that he can't win the Grail War. It's just that Caster and Uryuu's too distracted to their own objectives instead of trying to beat a servant or two.

Bzzt. Caster classes have much better prana consumption, and the life force he got from Ryuunorsuke's murders supplied him enough to have fairly good statistics for a caster.
Nov 19, 2011 11:12 PM

Jun 2009
Totally wasn't expecting Kotomine to stab Irisviel at the end of his "battle". I'm pretty sure I went bug eyed there, I had no idea he is that hard core. Perhaps I'll find more out in Heaven's Feel, but in the first two routes there is no sign of this over powered character that he seems to be.

Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise that Irisviel has Avalon inside her and that answered my question of where it is. It's nice that Kiritsugu seems to care enough to give her this item...though, considering what I'm thinking, he probably has a ulterior motive.

And for those people complaining about Saber letting Lancer go....that's just part of her character. She dislikes dishonorable actions and, even if it is her master behind the plan, she won't tolerate it. I think it's obvious by now that she definitely does not approve of Kiritsugu's tactics. Not to mention that she feels a sort kinsmanship with Lancer and is therefore that much more likely to clash with her master.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 20, 2011 1:14 AM

Aug 2009
...and I love Kotomine Kirei. He is so far, one of the most interesting Masters in this battle.
Nov 20, 2011 1:20 AM

Jan 2008
That was a surprise. Those bullets were made from Kiritsugu's ribs.
I thought Caster will have his end in this episode but oh well, fight scenes are always awesome since the start of this show so I won't complain. Lancer and Saber combo is awesome.
I am anticipating the face off between Kiritsugu and Kirei...and who will be have the badass moves and tactics.
Nov 20, 2011 1:49 AM

Jun 2009
this episode was absolutely fantastic... Saber and Lancer combo is definitely the best I've seen in bought holy grail wars...even better than Saber and Gilgamesh XD
The spring I met you,

The spring without you.
Nov 20, 2011 1:55 AM

Jul 2007
Monad said:

the thing that leaves me feel kind of weird is the fight with Kirei. Isn't the guy human? Wtf was with pullets bouncing off him? And then even if i accept that his powerful enough to bring a tree down he certainly took quite some time why didn't Iris just pick the gun from the ground and start shooting him before he break loose or the knife to stab him?
That battle really wasn't made very well.

Kirei is part of the church.

Church members in nasuverse are UBER BADASS, magical artifacts, enhanced clothes and etc included.

They(minus Ciel from tsukishime VN) would have no chance at all to survive a servant, but generally have abilities to waste a lot of characters :)

So basically Kirei is a dude who is TRAINED to fight supernatural and natural(minus servants), has stuff in his arsenal to do that and is wearing kevlar.
Nov 20, 2011 2:17 AM

Feb 2011
Saber and Lance both stubborn. =-=
LOL gotta love their so called "nobility".
Nov 20, 2011 3:03 AM

Jul 2007
halberdiers said:
Kiritsugu and his origin bullets. Seems like they skimmed through the concept behind the bullet wonder how many people foreign to the nasuverse actually understand what's a mage's origin. Watching kayneth squirm is pretty satisfying, considering how haughty he has been.

This episode confirmed for me again just how awesome kirei is. Ba ji quan + black keys + showing the women they need to butt out of a conflict between men? This guy just screams badass. The fact that the shirou from fate route beat him without projection is a complete miracle

I was thinking the same. You know before watching Fate/Zero (i knew nothing about Kirei) in the Fate route i was like "meh hes not much" and in the H/F route "holy shit they overpowered him". Now i know that in both version he was complete bullshit lol. It was freaking impossible for Emiya to defeat him at Fate route. In H/F ok i can somewhat accept it.

Anyways Kirei was total badass this ep :3
Iri <3 <3 <3 For some secs i was scared shitless that she will die. Seems like Kiritsigu plans are working so far. (If you take out the fact that hes women don't listen to him)
Nov 20, 2011 3:16 AM

Nov 2011
Too bad Kayneth encountered Kiritsugu early. I get the feeling he could probably defeat any other masters if their servants wont interfere, except Kiritsugu.
Bad luck, he got hit with a "the stronger the magus, the more effective this becomes" bullet.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Nov 20, 2011 3:21 AM

Dec 2010
Lancer's master should be dead!
Mim
Nov 20, 2011 3:26 AM

Jul 2007
Cloudy-Sky said:

I was thinking the same. You know before watching Fate/Zero (i knew nothing about Kirei) in the Fate route i was like "meh hes not much" and in the H/F route "holy shit they overpowered him". Now i know that in both version he was complete bullshit lol. It was freaking impossible for Emiya to defeat him at Fate route. In H/F ok i can somewhat accept it.

Not impossible.

Both of them were NOT in their prime and well, Kirei had a whole lot of pride and confidence that Shirou will NOT be able to do anything in fate route. Thats what led to his downfall.

Ultimately what ended the fate route Kirei was not Shirou's own power, but Kirei's own overconfidence. :) Which can also be applied to UBW Route Kirei and to some extent to HF route kirei, as they all suffered from their overconfidence at some point :)
Nov 20, 2011 3:32 AM

Mar 2009

I lol'd.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite female character in fate universe?

Ain2Zwei - Yesterday

32 by weedsucker »»
3 hours ago

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

18 by Rhae »»
May 9, 7:18 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.