Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 3, 2011 6:21 PM
Feb 2011
Safe to say episode 1 dream was the whole walpugisnat thing. QB has taken top spot for best villian by miles. I hope there is more about QB that we don't know because the mystery makes this a good series. Once again it is depressing and sad. Sayaka witch is the best witch so far and the battle was amazing. All together a really good episode.
Mar 3, 2011 6:31 PM
Aug 2010
Villetta_Nu said:
Go to hell, Kyubei!!! Just go straight to hell you evil, deceptive, rabbit-cat-fox thingy!!!

I can't for the life of me see Madoka still becoming a Puelle Magi after all that she's witnessed and learned. She'd have to be stupid!!

Its Madoka she dosen't really value her own existence that highly if she thought that sacrafising herself would save a city full of innocent people she would do it. Incubator being an alien if it is true makes sense when considering the magictecness (not a real word I know) of all the other magical girl stuff written by the mangas author.
Mar 3, 2011 6:33 PM

Oct 2010
Iisan-kun said:
So, Sakura Kyouko confirmed lesbian?
...Come on guys, I seriously couldn't have been the only one who was thinking about it...
I don't think it was shown in that way at all. I already wrote what I think of why it was shown like that. Take it as a very warm friendship of love and not sexual.
Elite60 said:
I have to admit, I laughed when Kyubey make that remark about calling him if you feel like dying for the universe. "Operators are standing by!"
I admit I would so not work for his kind even for a wish. Well maybe if that wish does include destruction on all I seem fit to destroy, good bye Kyuubey! Good bye witches! Good bye shit ass race who does all this for you all gave destruction with no limits! Muahahahahh
-Vid said:
Oh, a question popped up in my head. Kyubey said that he needs the Grief Seeds to reveal the energy inside them (as shown in a previous episode), however, how does that do any good if most of the grief seeds are actually used by the girls to cleanse their soul gem? It's just.. kind of illogical, unless the energy is stored in the soul gem, which later on turns into a grief seed, and somehow ends up with Kyubey.
That's not it, those Grief absorbing that taint are just mroe full. Kyuubey in fact tell the magical girl when to stop doing that less she wants the witch to revive.
-Vid said:
Also - how do the witches and mahou shoujo begin? So far we havn't been told how exactly witches are created. We do know that they are basically fallen mahou shoujo, but are there other ways? I mean, think about it. If the first girl makes a contract, there is no witch for her to fight.

Easy, it would be too simple for Kyuubey to bring some witches from his world into this world. Witches that were engineered already and perhaps weak enough for any magical girl to defeat till she became one herself. The other possibilities is one witch left enough time to form lots of her-selves with familiar and then the action of making magical girls happens.
-Vid said:
Buhbye Kyoko - she really turned into a great character in the end. We still don't know who Homura is, though. On the plus side, we have confirmed her power now.. or a part of it, at least?
It was confirmed last episode to be of Time and Space.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Mar 3, 2011 6:41 PM
Aug 2010
The Grief seeds that are used to absorb the taint (witch energy) are eaten by Incubator who either drains them of energy or places them around the city to form new witches, so it is perfectly possible Kybey gets multiple uses out of each witch. If that is the case then the only effect that magical girls are having is to increase the number of witches (as they aren't depleting the witches numbers) which is unbelievably cruel. This show reminds me of Bokurano getting a bunch of innocents kids to sacrafise thier life for some cruel version of the greater good.
tameknightMar 3, 2011 6:46 PM
Mar 3, 2011 6:47 PM
May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Iisan-kun said:
So, Sakura Kyouko confirmed lesbian?
...Come on guys, I seriously couldn't have been the only one who was thinking about it...
I don't think it was shown in that way at all. I already wrote what I think of why it was shown like that. Take it as a very warm friendship of love and not sexual.

While I understand that this was is the silliest thing to debate, you do realize she embraced and indirectly kissed her both in very loving ways, right?
I also don't get why you'd die for a simple friend you knew for just a week, let alone in that self-sacrificial fashion.

I'm not one to claim yuri very often, but there's a limit to how many things you can pass off as "close friendship", and that is also something the Mahou Shoujo genre has been abusing for ages. If there is any Mahou Shoujo which is going to take yuri to the level of canon, it's going to have to be Madoka Magica.

So yes, Kyouko will forever be lesbian in my mind, and for completely innocent reasons.
Mar 3, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2010
kFYatek said:
@Yumekichi11, amazing post, as usual. You asked about runes few times - their readings are available here - http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Runes:Episode_9 - the Puella Magi Wiki is a good resource overall, be sure to read - and edit if you feel like it.
Thanks for the compliment and checked out that site. Holy shit at SeckenDorff! He was IRL a German poet that had to do with Goethe's Faust. Also the hope and destiny terms. Seems to me Sayaka was hoping to have a destiny that she wanted, that of being with Kamijou.
kFYatek said:
So Kyubey is not a devil, he's an alien... he's confirmed to be amoral (at least by himself) and he's using our little girls to produce energy so that the universe won't die. Oh well... it's (almost) the only logical explanation, and the fandom predicted much of it already, but still it sounded quite cheap to me. Probably just because now he lost all of his mystery, built so carefully through the previous 8 episodes. It was... kinda like the midi-chlorians talk in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.
I agree with about this. They should have revealed it, how to say this, at a critical last moment like when another faction from his race comes that perhaps has to do with Homura (I doubt Kyuubey would give exactly the power Homura has if he knew deep down it could screw him over).
kFYatek said:
His "amorality" shows up in quite tremendous way when he's dodging Kyouko's question about whether Sayaka can be saved ("none, as far as I know", "nobody has tried it yet", and all the similar bullshit), but said straight "it's impossible" to Homura. That bastard is manipulating those girls to achieve what he wants to achieve... though he probably doesn't understand that's evil.

I know! It is possible but yet he will not reveal it because it would ruin his intentions. Think of it as Sayaka gets back to normal and all the other witches instead of being killed get turned back to normal. There was a hint with Kyoko like a mentioned about her soul gem reacting to Sayaka's lifeless body. I think there is something there.
kFYatek said:
Is that how Urobuchi sees the world? It's cruel, but (sadly) true, to some extent. The BGMs in those scenes were building the atmosphere really great, too. Kyouko had the purest intentions, but in the end, all that Kyouko achieved was fulfilling Kyubey's plans... Could there be anything more sad?
I think Urobuchi may see things the way that pouring your feelings and trying to do something only amounts to no success the trigger can very from seeing people that he knows dying of disease to events he could nto do anything about. Thus he may be sharing with us all that. Same for Jigoku Shoujo in regards to "Why would people curse others into hell and for what reasons" thing.
kFYatek said:
Oh, I almost forgot:
Does that mean that Kyousuke actually got kissed by Sayaka? I hope not... It would be too sad to have yet another character dead...
Now that you mention it it may be possible he got a kiss from Sayaka and ends up being part of her lair and minions.
kFYatek said:
On a side note: does anyone else think that Madoka calling Kyouko "Kyouko-chan" sounded somewhat strange? Well, we have rarely seen her being addressed directly to begin with, and the "-chan" honorific just didn't seem to suit her. It was totally like Madoka, but still it was strange to hear Kyouko being called like that.

That just means Madoka recognized her as a friend that is close to her. I don't find it stranger but cute if anything.
kFYatek said:
And after seeing the credits scene... to sum things up, Kyubey desperately wants Madoka to become a Puella Magi, which would be the greatest Puella Magi to date, then turn into a witch (again, the greatest one) and give the universe a tremendous amount of energy. In other words, Madoka is like a massive oil field to Kyubey's society, which is under a petroleum crisis at the moment. That's depressing like hell... Madoka is the kind of person who may happily take that position, though.
That's why Homura is doing everything for her not to take the position.

Mar 3, 2011 6:58 PM

Aug 2008
Oh my gosh. This is awesome! I really love how this show was a magical girl show and how it's now becoming more of an epic.

Also:
Omniknight said:
I'm stealing this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2011 6:59 PM

Aug 2009
Pretty crazy episode.

-I can sympathize with the goals of Kyubey and his race, even if the methods are definitely questionable. To be fair, the magical girl -> witch system is probably the simplest and most efficient solution to what sounds like a pretty big problem with the universe, and for a race that doesn't feel emotion, ease and efficiency are all you really need. I suppose the only lingering doubt is Homura's hatred for him, which seems to go deeper than the fact that she and others are tools in Well-Intentioned Extremist's plot (YMMV on the well-intentioned part).

-Having said all that though, Kyubey sacking Kyoko to hopefully force Madoka's contracting was a pretty dick move. Even I have limits to Brutal Pragmatism.
--I also wonder if by the end of the series, the explosion of grief and despair from Madoka's transformation (assuming she contracts and transforms) would be enough to singlehandedly sustain the universe (though the entropic system would probably require replenishment eventually). Lord knows the show's going out of it's way to make her life miserable enough.

-Of course, this is all assuming that Kyubey's telling the truth, but unless I'm mistaken he hasn't blatantly lied yet (though whether half-truths, withheld information, and ambiguity count as lies is your call).
Ha-cha!
Mar 3, 2011 6:59 PM

Oct 2010
Iisan-kun said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Iisan-kun said:
So, Sakura Kyouko confirmed lesbian?...Come on guys, I seriously couldn't have been the only one who was thinking about it...
While I understand that this was is the silliest thing to debate, you do realize she embraced and indirectly kissed her both in very loving ways, right?
I also don't get why you'd die for a simple friend you knew for just a week, let alone in that self-sacrificial fashion.
Not at all, nothing is silly for me to debate less I think it and not reply to it. I think she developed fast feelings for Sayaka because of that talk she had with her at her father's place. I think your arguing can also apply to Madoka in a very interesting fashion of loving yourself since it shows both version of Madoka. That spaked my interest in that part of the OP. I still view it as deep friendship. It was certainly not looking sexual at least not in the way it was presented.
Iisan-kun said:
I'm not one to claim yuri very often, but there's a limit to how many things you can pass off as "close friendship", and that is also something the Mahou Shoujo genre has been abusing for ages. If there is any Mahou Shoujo which is going to take yuri to the level of canon, it's going to have to be Madoka Magica.
Nah, I have seen some other yuri in Maho Shoujos, can't think of any right now but I am sure some people here may, well anyone got ideas? I do see Mai HiME as one of them although it is not magical girls.
Iisan-kun said:
So yes, Kyouko will forever be lesbian in my mind, and for completely innocent reasons.
That's fine, your opinion is yours after all.

Mar 3, 2011 7:00 PM

Jun 2010
What an amazing episode.

Kyubey being an alien was unexpectable and he is not a cliche villain. He is trying to save the universe through a different way, he sorta reminded me of Wilhelm from Xenosaga.

This episode showed a lot of Kyouko x Sayaka. Funny that they started like villains but in the end Kyouko sacrificed herself for her.

Now I am so curious about Homura's identity.
Mar 3, 2011 7:03 PM
Jan 2011
One thing is that Kyubey says "We" in his sentence, meaning that he is not the only one. HOLY CRAP, can you imagine it? Only him only can troll this bad already, what would happen if you see an army of Kyubey at the same time =)).
Mar 3, 2011 7:08 PM

Nov 2007
herox3 said:
"Call me if you feel like dying for the universe"

Yeah, that's a far cry from "Do you want to become a magical girl? I'll grant you a wish!"

Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff was a german poet who wrote a novel called Das Rad des Schicksals = The Wheel of Fate (which explains the wheels, there was also mention of fate in her barrier).
He also put 'The King in Thule' (a poem by Goethe, part of Faust1) to music.
Seckendorff was also the name of a noble frank knight family.
I think witch-Sayaka was a cross between The king of Thule and Andersen's Little mermaid, her final barrier being drowning.
Love me do is a song by the Beatles, meaning Do love me!

Kyouko sacrificing herselg herself felt bad, but in the end she got through to Sayaka, as we see Kyouko from Sayaka's p.o.v.

I wonder what's gonna happen to Sayaka's body now in that hospital room
@Yumekichi: Kyouko tried to keep Sayaka's body warm with her soulgem.

kFYatek said:
His "amorality" shows up in quite tremendous way when he's dodging Kyouko's question about whether Sayaka can be saved ("none, as far as I know", "nobody has tried it yet", and all the similar bullshit), but said straight "it's impossible" to Homura.

But the questions asked were different.
Kyouko asked: Is it possible to safe Sayaka.
Homura:"Was there any chance for Sakura Kyouko to have rescued Sayaka?"

kFYatek said:
Oh, I almost forgot:

Does that mean that Kyousuke actually got kissed by Sayaka? I hope not... It would be too sad to have yet another character dead...

I don't think so. I think we see him in class left from Homura.

kFYatek said:

On a side note: does anyone else think that Madoka calling Kyouko "Kyouko-chan" sounded somewhat strange? Well, we have rarely seen her being addressed directly to begin with, and the "-chan" honorific just didn't seem to suit her. It was totally like Madoka, but still it was strange to hear Kyouko being called like that.

Yeah, I was going Ehhhh when I heard that as well.

kFYatek said:
And after seeing the credits scene... to sum things up, Kyubey desperately wants Madoka to become a Puella Magi, which would be the greatest Puella Magi to date, then turn into a witch (again, the greatest one) and give the universe a tremendous amount of energy. In other words, Madoka is like a massive oil field to Kyubey's society, which is under a petroleum crisis at the moment. That's depressing like hell... Madoka is the kind of person who may happily take that position, though.

I'm somewhat put-off by the physics as well tbh, and the loss of entropy baffles me.
If Madoka becomes this strongest witch and destroys the planet, wouldn't that go against QB''s supposed purpose? He told her that as a magical girl she could change the laws of the universe. No need to turn into a witch if she pulls that off.
His story is full of holes.

On top of that: Madoka is doing her suffering and griefing while still being a normal girl. She knows all (?) of the ins and outs now, so she'll be prepared.
Oh wait, I'm forgetting her family. I bet something's going to happen to them, there's 3 eps to go after all.

I'm quite sure now Walpurgisnight will be at that station. We've see Homura fall in that prologue, and there's this:

compared to: http://images.puella-magi.net/f/f7/E8-billboard.jpg
cleoMar 3, 2011 7:12 PM
Mar 3, 2011 7:10 PM

Dec 2008
Now all that's left is basically Walpurgisnacht. I'm kind of disappointed that it's basically just a final boss Witch and not something more.

I guess I should have seen Kyuubey's explanation coming; I should have learned during the bridge incident that Kyuubey is purely pragmatic (LIKE KAGAMI! XD) and really doesn't possess any solid moral standards. Human concepts of right and wrong don't exist to him, only the ensured continuation of the universe. Any posters that are getting angry here, I personally state, completely do not understand Kyuubey and the concept of the Puella Magi.

Three episodes left. I wonder what sort of things Urobuchi will pull out of his hat.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Mar 3, 2011 7:14 PM

Jan 2011
This show is rising farther up my favorite list each week. Another Amazing episode, definitely worth staying up late for.
Mar 3, 2011 7:22 PM

Jan 2011
Another puella magi gone. ;__; This show is so depressingly good.
Mar 3, 2011 7:22 PM

Nov 2007
HitoriTomoyo said:
Now all that's left is basically Walpurgisnacht. I'm kind of disappointed that it's basically just a final boss Witch and not something more.

I hope it'll be more than that.
In Homura's residence there are several pages showing 6 witches:
http://images.puella-magi.net/8/8b/Display_05.jpg
And on the official site, there are 3 witches still unidentified:
http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card1.html
So we might see 6 witches merge into 1?
Mar 3, 2011 7:35 PM

Dec 2010
LightningRamiel said:
Pretty crazy episode.

-Of course, this is all assuming that Kyubey's telling the truth, but unless I'm mistaken he hasn't blatantly lied yet (though whether half-truths, withheld information, and ambiguity count as lies is your call).

Yeah..I've been assuming Kyubey has been telling truths til now, but from the conversation with Homura at the end he did lie to Sakura. He in told her there could be a chance but he knew she has no chance trying to save Sayaka. This is the first lie we've seen from him, so I'm not sure how much we can trust of his words now.
Mar 3, 2011 7:40 PM

May 2010
... I'm too depressed.
I just lost a favorite character. ;_;

Damn you, Kyubei.
You evil genius.

love is such a strange thing
but with you, it doesn't matter

Mar 3, 2011 7:55 PM

Sep 2007
QB is definitely the best damn character in the show. All you people bitch about how he's evil but yet he's the one attempting to saving the universe. =3=
Mar 3, 2011 8:15 PM
Apr 2010
OH THE IRONY!!!
And I have to say, the art here is a bit better than that i've seen in the rest of episodes... idk why
Mar 3, 2011 8:16 PM

Nov 2007
Iisan-kun said:

Let's not forget Kyouko just found out she was on her way to becoming a witch.
Coming from a religious family, becoming a magical girl fighting evil is one thing. Becoming evil herself: not an option.

That said: you're certainly not alone in considering Kyouko confirmed lesbian.
Half of /a/ and the fanartists agree with you :D
Mar 3, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2010
It's so sad but so good. Damn you Kyubey and your evil alien ways. Kind of silly but I kind of like the back story regardless. It looks like everything is going according to Kyubey's plan since Madoka might have to become a mahou shoujo to fight along with Homura even though Homura doesn't want it too happen.

Yumekichi11 said:
A) Someone to end the cycle and sacrifice themselves to end it altogether. Kind of like how Bokurano ended. That person may now be none other than Homura. Having only Madoka as her light to support her in all this darkness.

Well, if Homura is really from the future and if you assume Kyubey knows this then maybe that means that everything is kind of predestined. Sort of like in Occult Gakuin where sending Bumei back to stop the invasion was the reason for the invasion. Homura trying to stop the problem causes all of the events that lead to the problem. Kyubey might just be chillin' waiting for it too happen. I guess they broke the cycle in Occult Gakuin so hopefully it happens here even though it defies time logic itself.

Yumekichi11 said:
hoping Homura will kill Kyuubey and stop all this cycle.

As much as it saddens me to say this but after watching this episode I don't think Kyubey is the problem. There is probably another replacement for Kyubey (not just another Kyubey but from Kyubey's species). The whole thing starts Madoka. They need to keep her happy but seeing as how she becomes so emotional I don't know if that is going to work out...
Mar 3, 2011 8:26 PM

Aug 2009
br87mal said:
LightningRamiel said:
Pretty crazy episode.

Yeah..I've been assuming Kyubey has been telling truths til now, but from the conversation with Homura at the end he did lie to Sakura. He in told her there could be a chance but he knew she has no chance trying to save Sayaka. This is the first lie we've seen from him, so I'm not sure how much we can trust of his words now.

I think as a rule you shouldn't trust the spud in the first place. I love the crafty little bastard, but he's still a crafty little bastard.
Ha-cha!
Mar 3, 2011 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
THE MOMENT I SEE THIS :3 FACE I RAGE....

KYOUKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T.T
~Bokura wa deau tameni koko e umare ochita
Toki wo tsumugu tashikana uta ni michibikare habataku yo~
Mar 3, 2011 8:38 PM

Jun 2010
I can't believe that Sakura and Kyoko died. This show is unpredicted, I can't guess what's going to happen next.

Also when Kyuubei said this, I just thought wow what a dick

Mar 3, 2011 8:52 PM

Oct 2008
3 episodes left with only Homura, Madoka and QB.
All the other side characters won't play a role in the upcoming Walpurgis Night.

Episode was amazing and we saw the departure of another fine heroine. But, 3 episodes and only 3 characters.

Speculah forecasting:
Ep 10 - Cliffhanger on Homura losing battle in Walpurgis
Ep 11 - Madoka transforms
Ep 12 - Victory + Epilogue
Mar 3, 2011 8:58 PM

Jun 2010
for the first time this season I am at a loss for words. I simply dont know what to think about this episode. It was good, but I feel rather let down. Kyubey is an alien? *sighs* That has to be the single most depressing thing I heard this season.

Still, one of the greatest anime ever in my mind, and I am quite looking forward to Modoka the witch and the havoc she will cause before she helps save the universe.
ToDo List:
1) Write two chapters
2) Read another two chapters of ____ Manga
3) Write two more chapters
4) Watch two episodes of _____ Anime
5) Write two more chapters
6) Repeat
Did you remember to eat and/or sleep today?
Mar 3, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2010
cleo said:
Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff was a German poet who wrote a novel called Das Rad des Schicksals = The Wheel of Fate (which explains the wheels, there was also mention of fate in her barrier).
Excellent observation as usual Cleo.
cleo said:
He also put ‘The King in Thule’ (a poem by Goethe, part of Faust1) to music.

Yeah that was a interesting poem with all the golden goblet drinking and feeling sad when it is consumed sound like the soul gem once being drained you shall feel sad for you a are a witch bound to consume your own that are not like you but that you consume to be like you? Perhaps.
cleo said:
Seckendorff was also the name of a noble frank knight family.
A excellent reading, looks like that family had some Arthurian standards.
cleo said:
Andersen’s Little mermaid, her final barrier being drowning. Love me do is a song by the Beatles, meaning Do love me!
Upon reading it it looked like a interesting twist may have occurred that she
may have killed Kamijou through seeing in her lair whereas the little mermaid decided to not kill the prince. A interesting twist but it shows none the less that she became a Mahou Shojo in a perspective to being loved by Kamijou despite becoming something else and once again becoming a witch. As the mermaid story suggests of the mermaid becoming human then a daughter of the air. 2 transformations.
cleo said:
Kyouko sacrificing herself herself felt bad, but in the end she got through to Sayaka, as we see Kyouko from Sayaka’s p.o.v.

I wonder what’s gonna happen to Sayaka’s body now in that hospital room
@Yumekichi: Kyouko tried to keep Sayaka’s body warm with her soul gem.
I see, did it work at least? I would think cryogenics would be best in this case.
cleo said:
HitoriTomoyo said:
Now all that’s left is basically Walpurgisnacht. I’m kind of disappointed that it’s basically just a final boss Witch and not something more.

I hope it’ll be more than that.
In Homura’s residence there are several pages showing 6 witches:
http://images.puella-magi.net/8/8b/Display_05.jpg
And on the official site, there are 3 witches still unidentified:
http://www.madoka-magica.com/special/dic/card1.html
So we might see 6 witches merge into 1?
Once again Cleo brilliant thinking. Having a fusion to create a super monstrosity sounds to me like something amazing. It may prove to be a EPIC last fight, which is what this series needs since the witch fights were a little lacking except the first one was amazing.

Mar 3, 2011 8:59 PM

Dec 2010

Ah Cleo makes a good point about a little detail that I missed!

Cleo said:

But the questions asked were different.
Kyouko asked: Is it possible to safe Sayaka.
Homura:"Was there any chance for Sakura Kyouko to have rescued Sayaka?"
Mar 3, 2011 9:06 PM

Jun 2008
Wasabi said:
QB is definitely the best damn character in the show. All you people bitch about how he's evil but yet he's the one attempting to saving the universe. =3=

I'm with you Wasabi....

I also can't understand how people can't like him.

He is a much better villain than MOST shounen villains.

In fact every episode he's gotten better, while Madoka continues to be....well...lame.

I can't wait for the final 3 episodes, I just hope we don't get so stupid NGE ending.
Mar 3, 2011 9:21 PM

Feb 2008
hahahaha kyubey is awesome. its too bad he wasn't delicate but that serves a far better purpose. hes not evil or good....just mechanical. i totally understand his point of view.
Mar 3, 2011 9:38 PM

May 2010
I'll try watching next episode as a Vulcan.
Mar 3, 2011 9:40 PM

Nov 2007
"hey madoka, if you feel like dying for the universe, just let me know! kbye!"

LMFAODGKS;DLKG i love that motherfucking inqbtor. what a troll.

...ugh, but now i'm so heartbroken b/c my fave character has been killed off. i saw it coming, but i still teared up. ;A; AT LEAST KYOKO HAD HER FINAL PIG-OUT-ON-THEM-POCKY-AND-MCDICKS SESSION WITH SAYAKA. and qb.... kyoko, you shall be remembered. :[
Mar 3, 2011 9:44 PM

Nov 2010
LOL, it's an alien.
Mar 3, 2011 10:24 PM

May 2008
daBoss said:
LOL, it's an alien.
Kyuubee's true identity:

I am a banana.
Mar 3, 2011 10:29 PM

Jun 2009
-this episode just gave me that melancholic feeling, similar to when i was watching bokurano
- when i saw the chairs that appeared when QB was talking to madoka i was: O_O
-and then everything goes SF and QB reminded me of dung beetle except the fact that QB isn't as violent
Mar 3, 2011 10:33 PM

Aug 2008
Wait, if his excuse holds true, then Heat death shouldn't be happening for a very very very long time, right? And seeing as capable as QB's kind seem, then that should be long enough to come up with an alternative. Unless this is just one experiment among many that they have already explored and have yet to come up with.

Oh, and what a trollific oneliner: "hey madoka, if you feel like dying for the universe, just let me know!"
Mar 3, 2011 10:59 PM
Feb 2010
So much amazing analysis here like every other week, really enjoy reading it all. While I was disappointed at the pure SF reasoning (for now...) this show is still so awesome it really might not affect my perception much. Sayaka's barrier was amazing throughout, and the final scene, despite have that arguably cliche "let's go down together" theme, impacted me quite strongly from an emotional standpoint.

A couple of things I'm wondering about:

-I wonder if there will be any further resolution to the Hitomi/Sayaka/Kamijou plot line, even if Sayaka is well and truly gone? For some reason I doubt that the producers want to take what we saw in the scene at the park at entirely face value? (aka confession, possible acceptance). While I really dislike the guy I hope he didn't die cursed in Sayaka's lair, that she had bitterly taken Kyouko's old advice and bent him to her will? While it might not play a major role I do wonder if there will be further resolution.

-Also, I mean sure Kyouko fell in love with Sayaka, too much is being made about how she digs chicks. I doubt yuri is a big issue here besides being a nod to yuri tease in other shows of this genre. The real takeaway is just to see how profoundly Kyouko was effected emotionally by meeting and interacting with Sayaka. She changed immensely in the few episodes since they first fought. She new attitude, sad determination, and her rare genuine smiles during her meeting with Madoka are evidence of this (and probably the first evidence that she was going to die). In some ways it really is yet another tragic love in the series, while I am sure Sayaka had come to appreciate Kyouko things were still quite one-sided till the end. *tear*

-Assuming an ending where A: Madoka becomes a magical girl, and B: She has to use QB to do it...I really wonder if Madoka will somewhat have her revenge on that jerk through some very "careful" phrasing of her wish. A big step given Madoka's current timid character but she is becoming a bit more jaded and if done correctly it could be part of an interesting ending.

-Finally, I'm always left to wonder, in this show and many others (not necessarily Magical girl), where some powerful characters who choose to die using there ultimate ability: where do they learn this ultimate, "sacrificial" skill. I know alot of this stuff is handwaved but you still have to practice your skills and be somewhat aware of what you are capable of. Especially since its not like they "unlock" these abilities as some last ditch effort, rather everyone always looks so cool and composed unleashing these things. Kyouko obviously knew what she was doing up to the very end. When she made the contract did QB like tell her that if she put her soul gem into the key on her bow and kissed it, that she would be able to unleash some ultimate ability at the cost of her life? As I said, cool though it was, I'm always left to wonder....

R.I.P. Mami, Sayaka, and Kyokou!
Mar 3, 2011 11:13 PM

Nov 2010
I could ramble on about deaths and awesome 'splosions but whatever, you people are too busy hatin' on the Incubator

THAT AWESOME LITTLE BASTARD! he pwnd Homura, what's she gonna do now?
Genix said:

Oh, and what a trollific oneliner: "hey madoka, if you feel like dying for the universe, just let me know!"

^yeah i loved that bit too, the fact he could say that so casually and emotionless XD
Mar 3, 2011 11:45 PM

Jul 2010
aznkirby890 said:
http://3-me.net/flashdir/shootqb/
For Kyuubey Haters

Best Game Ever Seriously. XD
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Mar 3, 2011 11:54 PM

Nov 2010

KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBE!!!

ALL MY

RAGE
Mar 4, 2011 12:02 AM

Jul 2010
/
/
/
/
< i am a humanoid interface created by Data Integration Thought Entity (radical faction)
Mar 4, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2008
really... kyubey is an alien that is saving the universe form Heat Death with mahou shojo?
Mar 4, 2011 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
I just remembered... Sayaka's body is still there to be dealt with.

We don't know if she dropped a Grief Seed, but it's unlikely. I wouldn't believe that they'd try something else at this point.

Thus... I expect to see Madoka burying Sayaka. And it will be one of the most emotional scenes in, like, ever.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 4, 2011 12:12 AM

Dec 2010
I just remembered... Sayaka's body is still there to be dealt with.

We don't know if she dropped a Grief Seed, but it's unlikely. I wouldn't believe that they'd try something else at this point.

Thus... I expect to see Madoka burying Sayaka. And it will be one of the most emotional scenes in, like, ever.
"Tonight, I sit in the eye of the storm. As fire boils around me, I press forward, winds and lightning lashing my wings. I am no match for what I face. Yet I will not back down, and though fear may place it's stranglehold on my heart, courage will see me through. With tears in my eyes, I hit full throttle. My engines become an inferno, and my weapons light up, awaiting my command.

If I die tonight, I will do so fighting for everything I believe in."

Mar 4, 2011 12:27 AM

Jan 2009
Oh Kyubey, you cute, impish little alien. ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
And it somehow feels like Madoka is finally growing some balls. Not literally though, of course.
And well, now you know, if you ever feel like dying for the sake of the world, you know what to do. ‿‿

Oh and, first we got some Unlimited Gun Works, she died. Then we got some Unlimited Blade Works, she turned into a witch and died. Now we got Unlimited Spear Works, and guess what, she died.
Can't we get Unlimited Uselessness too? Then maybe Madoka would die ( ̄ー ̄)

Also, I find it funny how Madoka's dream in the beginning was (probably) a "premonition"-thingy of that Walpurgis, and Homura fighting against it.
...which suddenly gave me an idea... but I feel like I've been ranting too much already.
OosranMar 4, 2011 12:49 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 4, 2011 12:41 AM

Oct 2010
Interesting enough I found the perfect mourning picture on the net,

got to add also that it looks like more people are getting shocked about the massacre apart from me on the net. Could be big considering it's getting more and more popular.

Mar 4, 2011 12:56 AM

Feb 2010
Kyubey for president^^ he pwned everyone in this ep^^
Mar 4, 2011 12:58 AM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
Interesting enough I found the perfect mourning picture on the net,

well,
however, end up this
Mar 4, 2011 1:00 AM

Jul 2010
Kyuubey = Villain of the Year. He's just so...evil. I love it! Even though he makes me want to punch his little face in. When he said, "if you feel like dying for the universe, just let me know." in such a carefree way after explaining that puella magis are simply an energy source, it was one of the coldest things I ever heard, especially since he still expects Madoka to make the contract, and how he sees humans as "expendable" and the way he sets things up so that Madoka has no choice but to become a mahou shoujo is just evil, even if he claims to be doing it for the sake of the universe, he's just toying with people's lives. And that's what makes him such an awesome villain.

Also, him being an alien isn't as disappointing as people make it out to be, since there are many different versions of what an alien could be, not just sciency space laser stuff.

Also, seeing Sayaka as a witch makes me curious about the other witches in the earlier episodes, and who they were when they were human. Judging by the barrier they made, we could see what kind of person they were, since Sayaka's barrier was music themed and that applies to her in a way. Same could be for the Walpurgis, who is supposedly a really powerful witch, and might have been someone similar to Madoka. Also, it would be interesting to see what Mami, Kyoko, and Hamura would look like as witches.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

1546 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Apr 21, 2011

231 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 1:56 PM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 24, 2011

631 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 17, 2011

420 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 2:11 AM

Poll: » Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 10, 2011

526 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 6, 1:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.