Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 14, 6:15 AM
Jul 2016
the first one that comes to mind is babylon, it established a very interesting mysterious but the second half was mess
Jun 14, 6:45 AM

Jul 2022
A whisker away was recommended to me by a now ex-friend and was one of their favorite movies and favorite anime ever, and I can’t stand it. I guess you could say it was so bad it broke apart our friendship lol (and no, that is not what actually caused us to stop being friends). Also slightly less bad but had the same situation with In/spectre

I love you Len Kagamine! 

Jun 14, 8:52 AM

Dec 2020
Reply to AshuAmbrose
@Akuya The only reason I did that is because the novel readers kept on insisting that "the 3rd season is where Tensura reaches its peak!!!", "It's finally happening!!!", etc. So believing them I gave this show a decent rating thinking that all of this build-up would finally be worth it when season 3 came out and now that it is out I am finally realizing I should never believe what an LN reader tells me EVER. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt and watch this season to the end before I finally drop this thing and adjust my ratings.
@AshuAmbrose
What sense does that make?

If an anime is bad, and the source material it was adapted from gets better later on, it doesn't change the fact the it was still a bad anime. So why at all, would that ever influence your score? It shouldn't.

Here's an example. Lets say I watch Deadman Wonderland, the anime only adapts the first 5 volumes, and I thought it was just ok. And then I go on to read the manga and really liked it. I then go and score the anime and 8/10, because the rest of the manga was good. It doesn't make any sense.
Jun 14, 9:47 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Akuya
@AshuAmbrose
What sense does that make?

If an anime is bad, and the source material it was adapted from gets better later on, it doesn't change the fact the it was still a bad anime. So why at all, would that ever influence your score? It shouldn't.

Here's an example. Lets say I watch Deadman Wonderland, the anime only adapts the first 5 volumes, and I thought it was just ok. And then I go on to read the manga and really liked it. I then go and score the anime and 8/10, because the rest of the manga was good. It doesn't make any sense.
@Akuya I know it doesn't but the LN reader happens to be my brother which is why I am holding out otherwise I probably wouldn't have even made it this far into this sh*t series.
Jun 14, 2:24 PM

Apr 2024

Both recommendations were made over a decade ago, though.
I don't really get recommended much, since I've seen most anime already.

Jun 14, 2:33 PM
Mar 2024
I have many, but the three ones that made me shake my head in dissapointment were KonoSuba, Shimoneta & Mushoku Tensei and I dread the day I have to re-watch them…
Jun 14, 3:07 PM

Jul 2023
Those were Slime and Solo Leveling (although the latter still has a chance to get better as I haven't finished it yet). Both were recommended by good friends, and we have a common taste most of the time, but not for these shows.

Slime was just the new definition of boring. I can't believe something like it can exist. Well, at least the first and last few episodes of S1 (and a few in the middle) were good.

Solo Leveling was advertised for me as a brilliant blend of the real world and video game world. If that's the case, I'd stick with the pure forms of these two. Also, I just can't like the characters.
Jun 14, 3:54 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to DigiCat
@JaaShooUhh So which one was the so bad you almost stopped talking one?
@DigiCat
Don't Toy with Me, Miss Nagatoro

I can't really describe how much I hate this anime, but let's just say, it feels like if you combined cuckoldry with being an incel.

Basically... Stockholm Syndrome the anime, and that alone was just enough for me to go "nope, I'm now blocking the person that sent me this, cause they're clearly in a bad place and I want no part of it".
Jun 14, 3:56 PM

Dec 2021
Reply to JaaShooUhh
@DigiCat

I can't really describe how much I hate this anime, but let's just say, it feels like if you combined cuckoldry with being an incel.

Basically... Stockholm Syndrome the anime, and that alone was just enough for me to go "nope, I'm now blocking the person that sent me this, cause they're clearly in a bad place and I want no part of it".
@JaaShooUhh I heard that it gets better (More or less drops the bullying aspect), but if it means watching that first for some unspecified number of episodes, then no thanks. I wouldn't care if it becomes Kimi ni Todoke levels of cute at that point.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Jun 14, 4:01 PM

Feb 2018
Worst recommendations I've received from friends;

Demon Slayer
Mirai Nikki
Inuyashiki
Blue Period

Worst recommendations that I have made for friends, and that I regret;

Tower of God
Vinland Saga
Great Pretender
Aldnoah Zero
"Chimp in state of nature never jerks off, but in captivity he does, wat does this mean? In state of nature he’s too busy, to put plainly. He is concerned with mastering space: solving problem of life in and under trees, mastering what tools he can, mastering social relations in the jockeying for power and status. Deprived of this drive to development and self-increase he devolves to pointless masturbation, in captivity, where he senses he is in owned space and therefore the futility of all his efforts and all his actions."
Jun 14, 4:06 PM

May 2021
Reply to JaaShooUhh
@DigiCat

@JaaShooUhh Oh... yeah i've heard of the anime and sounds like something i'd freak about if recced too lol (also heard some crazy rumors bout the mangaka)
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 14, 4:07 PM

May 2021
Reply to Rissenicus
Worst recommendations I've received from friends;

Demon Slayer
Mirai Nikki
Inuyashiki
Blue Period

Worst recommendations that I have made for friends, and that I regret;

Tower of God
Vinland Saga
Great Pretender
Aldnoah Zero
@Rissenicus Wait wht Demon Slayer and Vinland Saga on those list? 🥲
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Jun 14, 5:41 PM

Apr 2011
Worst recommendation from friends: Zeta Gundam

Worst recommendation from the internet: Baccano and Eureka Seven
Jun 14, 7:30 PM

May 2018
higurashi when they cry is the only one that comes to mind... most people give good recommendations
can't yuck my yum

Jun 14, 7:59 PM

Oct 2013
Reply to RainAndLava
I have many, but the three ones that made me shake my head in dissapointment were KonoSuba, Shimoneta & Mushoku Tensei and I dread the day I have to re-watch them…
@RainAndLava Umm....Then don't rewatch them then? Problem solved.
Jun 14, 8:08 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Someone recommended me the movie "Gummo". I think she needs to be put in an insane asylum!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What makes an ISEKAI enjoyable for ya?

JaaShooUhh - Jun 9

40 by phokingbeast »»
14 minutes ago

» If all the characters in your Favorites (profile) were put in Boxing rings, which ones would win their fights?

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

5 by KodomoKomodo »»
18 minutes ago

» What anime girl's underwear do you wanna buy?

Catalano - 6 hours ago

13 by MadanielFL »»
22 minutes ago

» Which characters can be shipped with almost anyone?

IpreferEcchi - 23 minutes ago

0 by IpreferEcchi »»
23 minutes ago

» What adds value and devalues anime to you?

JaaShooUhh - 8 hours ago

14 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
27 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.