Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 18, 12:29 PM

May 2018
JaniSIr said:
an exceptionally good season

This is why I said max[imum].

JaniSIr said:
and people forgot about it already

Why should I care if I remember the ones liked? (Tho I am prone to forget pretty easily, thus I am writing their titles down.)

May 18, 2:34 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to alshu
JaniSIr said:
an exceptionally good season

This is why I said max[imum].

JaniSIr said:
and people forgot about it already

Why should I care if I remember the ones liked? (Tho I am prone to forget pretty easily, thus I am writing their titles down.)

@alshu idk, apparently some people like discussing airing shows, but I miss out on all that, because everyone moved on to next season I didn't even bother to check out. Well actually they are halfway into the next season, because I patiently waited for the dub to release for Apothecary diaries and all that.

Okay I did check out current season like yesterday or so, and I think I'll literally only watch Mushoku Tensei.
May 18, 2:39 PM

Jan 2015
My radar for what is actually good with only the first episode has gotten pretty good after 9 years of 20+ anime a season. I only miss shows that people think are good once a year or so. If I really care, I'll just go back and watch them.
May 18, 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Who's pressuring you to keep up? Unless you earn money by watching anime, there's no real need nor reason to keep the pressure high imo.

Yes I might watch a lot now, but I don't watch news, sports, tv series, tv gameshows & tv movies. I did that in the past before I watched anime.

I also focus on watching what I like, with the occassional experiment outside my comfort zone (mainly suggested by forum members), but ultimately that's my choice. Nobody is forcing me to do that.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima
May 18, 2:46 PM

May 2018
JaniSIr said:
literally only watch Mushoku Tensei

How about the short movies Kuramerukagari and Kurayukaba (which I desperately try to make random people watch)? Only 60 + 60 minutes and felt quite fresh.
The court drama Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai which has tons on twists and turns?
The Power Ranger dark comedy parody Sentai Daishikkaku?
May 18, 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to alshu
JaniSIr said:

How about the short movies Kuramerukagari and Kurayukaba (which I desperately try to make random people watch)? Only 60 + 60 minutes and felt quite fresh.
@alshu lol You know what? I'll indulge you and give it a watch :D In any specific order, are they related? i mean kuramerukagari & kurayukaba
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

May 18, 2:51 PM

May 2021
Well, you really would have an idea about a show even before you start it. There is no need to watch 20 shows per season if I can know there are only 4-5 that I will enjoy.
May 18, 3:03 PM

May 2018
Coaghim said:
In any specific order, are they related?

They are set in a same universe, but their stories aren't related. Canonically Kuramerukagari is supposed to be a spin-off tho.
You can watch those in any order. Kurayukaba is IMHO the better one, so maybe going with "the best for last"? I watched them the other way around, since nobody knew what the order should be.
Also they were screening as a double bill in the japanese cinemas, so maybe somewhere out there one can find information about the right order.
May 18, 3:34 PM

Dec 2014
my time is precious. if something isn't worth my time or energy then just abandon it or wait for it to complete so i can binge it at 2x speed and forget about it

obscureanimefan said:
I think little girls are sexy.
May 18, 5:34 PM

Aug 2013
Reply to alshu
Coaghim said:
In any specific order, are they related?

They are set in a same universe, but their stories aren't related. Canonically Kuramerukagari is supposed to be a spin-off tho.
You can watch those in any order. Kurayukaba is IMHO the better one, so maybe going with "the best for last"? I watched them the other way around, since nobody knew what the order should be.
Also they were screening as a double bill in the japanese cinemas, so maybe somewhere out there one can find information about the right order.
@alshu Are there coming more movies of that same universe?

Wasn't there 1 guy that pops up in both movies? The one Laughing Mask that saved the detective when he was running from the white policemen when he entered the Dark for the second time? The one dude that answered 'river' when the towerguard yelled 'mountain' when the train arrived in Water Fountain?

These movies were pretty dense, nice steampunk worldbuilding. Now I'm curious if more will be released.

May 18, 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Dont bother keeping up with anime. It is not worth it tbh...
May 19, 6:16 AM

May 2018
Coaghim said:
more movies of that same universe

I hope so. Those are made by a new studio and the project kind of reminds me the pilot movie of Little Witch Academia, which Trigger later developed into series.

Coaghim said:
The one Laughing Mask

Can be different agents from a secret organisation.

And there's the storyteller with the puppets who appears in both movies too. Tho can be some sort of local tradition and many different puppeteers are touring around the country with a similar act.

Another background link between the movies is the military (police?) organisation who those guys from Kurayukaba were pretending to be part of (and the detective noticed their uniforms being different from what the documents pictured). In Kuramerukagari is the same organisation - this time the proper one with the proper uniforms.

PS
Yesterday I have rewatched Kuramerukagari and there's no Laughing Mask dude it. Today I will try to rewatch Kurayukaba and will pay extra attention to the common elements with Kuramerukagari.

PS PS
So a common character is than one cop with white uniform and short moustaches, unless he is supposed to be a stereotypical image of a police officer and there multiple people looking exactly like that, Another one is the puppeteer with the mechanical owl and mice things, unless it's a popular act around the country.
alshuMay 20, 2:34 PM
May 19, 6:23 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Ara, FOMO isn't it?

It is really exhausting to do so especially when you don't enjoy most of the anime you watch.

When I really want to watch something but nothing good in the newest season, I always look for past popular anime instead :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 19, 6:30 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to alshu
JaniSIr said:

@alshu It could be that I'm just burnt out like hell, but they don't really look that appealing.
May 19, 6:32 AM

Dec 2022
Maybe it would be...if I were a seasonal watcher. But I take the road less travelled.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which of these shonen is the best in your opinion?

Yaaceen - 1 hour ago

7 by Stomiks »»
36 seconds ago

» does anyone find it childish and cringe whenever attacks are yelled or named in shonen anime/manga?

Phantomnocomics - Yesterday

31 by DarkShame2 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character? ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 3

58 by Stomiks »»
8 minutes ago

» Character(s) you would wrestle with if they were real

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

3 by FanofAction »»
10 minutes ago

» ways to watch as before

otaku2000anime - 30 minutes ago

4 by Serafos »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.