Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 1:35 AM
Oct 2019
Damn bruh, if someone say "date with you are always so weird" i'll be traumatic as well.
But maybe Hananoi really need therapy.

Also did he just got unconcious by a ball kicked a little kid? Why are you so weak? LMAO

She said the THING!!
May 4, 2:53 AM
Apr 2024
The rooftop scene was so cute and also their date though I prefer reading the manga, I just thought that it was presented better in the manga. Anyways, I look forward to new episodes and I think today was the first time I listened to the opening and closing songs and they are great, I might add it to my playlist 🙂
May 4, 3:49 AM

Jul 2017
Hotaru's coworker Senpai Satomura being intentional about seeing Hananoi, she is in a dilemma on how he treats friends, and he's rather unique on his methodical approach. But introducing Hananoi to her, and asking her own sister for advice, it's the same. And venturing the school's rooftop for a bit, both Hotaru and Hananoi getting unceremoniously locked on there, it's cold as heck aloof, and Hotaru embraces Hananoi like a young kangaroo in his warmth and pouch lols. Of course, Hananoi has been that observant about Hotaru, and the cat if out of the bag, and Hananoi settles the matter himself, relieving Hotaru of her work troubles. And a kiss too close, thankfully is averted...though Hananoi sure tricked Hotaru about the door being locked. And the matter with Satomura, it's just a misunderstanding that Hananoi looks like her favourite idol.

Hotaru giving Hananoi's word some thought, and they're out on a date once again...to watch a horror movie of all things, and then getting caught by Hananoi for reassurance. Too bad that her planned date isn't going as planned, and going freestyle has always been Hananoi's plan, further cementing their trial relationship. Even Hananoi admits that he's been changed much by her, as imperfect as a human can be. Even if no one chose him, Hotaru would choose him over and over again, beign genuinely in love with him, and finally understanding what love is.

Hotaru is acting like a true girl in love now.
May 4, 10:32 AM

Nov 2013
I just can't...

This episode was somewhat good, but then we got the Indian soap-opera levels of drama on the playground with Hananoi "sacrificing himself" to "save" Hotaru from the ball shot by some grade schooler; which ends up KO-ing Hananoi lol!

I suppose we're to believe he didn't sleep last night and was exhausted. This shit was so forced. All of it done so Hotaru can say "I like you", but then Hananoi says the dumbest thing like "u for real?". BRUH! And I thought "angel next door" was the dumbest romance.
May 5, 12:47 AM
Feb 2021
How hard did that little boy kick the ball to make him flat line like that 💀💀
May 5, 5:59 AM
Mar 2018
This show is so hard to pin down my feelings on. Like on one had I can see all the issues and red flags the main dude gives off at times. But on the other hand, it's almost like the show is slowing revealing that it knows they are and it may possibly be something they both will eventually address and overcome or set right. I just can't tell if that is where this is all actually going.
May 5, 7:15 AM

Apr 2008
Think I gave this show more than a fair chance. It's clearly not accidental that Hananoi is abnormal and concerning. The author definitely knows, but so much of the show is about Hotaru falling for that, and that's an unpleasant angle to take. Maybe there's a really slow burn in here with a bad end for Hotaru, but I don't see it happening.
May 5, 8:10 AM

Jan 2022
I feel like most of the people in this forum section are neurotypical and have never been in a relationship lol also this anime is completely different from all the shoujo anime we're used to. I think this one is more realistic of how love really is irl

Fuuuck the cuddling scene on the roof was so damn cute.

Hotaru has yet to realize that romantic love and platonic love are completely different. I swear, the more we see her, the more I think she's autistic.

I literally don't think Hananoi has ever had a real friend which is why he doesn't think friends are important. I don't really think that's too extreme like all of y'all make it out to be. I think saying that his actions are red flags are blowing things out of proportion. With dating irl, this is not nearly as bad as it could be but y'all aren't used to trauma being introduced in anime. Y'all aren't giving a fair chance or even willing to understand or learn why Hananoi acts the way he does. He hasn't manipulated, harmed, or lied to her in any way. He understands her boundaries and respects them. If he didn't, then yeah, that's a red flag. Hananoi hasn't been in healthy relationships and its not his fault, its the girls he's dated. Men can be victims in a relationship and experience trauma too. They are both learning how to love each other in a healthy and normal way. Hotaru keeps telling him that he doesn't need to push himself so much, but he feels the need to do so because all of his other girlfriends expected that from him.

I mean, his parents weren't involved in his life so much since they travel overseas often, so he never really developed the ability to love in a non-extreme way. They're also in high school lol While he can be obsessive, he's still young and immature. He has a lot of growing up to do, so you can't dismiss him or his feelings so easily and just jump into saying he's a red flag.
This never updates so that's cool
May 5, 11:13 AM

Apr 2019
Nice, it seems she finally sorted her feelings for him, Hananoi kun is trying so hard to not get friends so he doesn't have to waste his energy on them and instead focus it all to people who he truly cares for. It seems to much heartbreak and bad dates got to him and i thought he's the one that usually dumps women.
May 5, 5:29 PM
Mar 2015
She is finally able to put into words her feelings for him
May 5, 8:02 PM
Sep 2023
This anime is dramatic as hell, did bro just get knocked out with a soccer ball from a child that he saw coming?
May 8, 12:03 AM

Aug 2016
The characters are unrealistic and has poor structure around the plot. The storyline is downright creepy and strange and feels uncomfortable to watch.
May 8, 9:15 AM
Sep 2016
Well, we finally reached EP finale.... at EP05.... wwwwww
Okay, everyone disperse, show's over. It got canceled!!! wwwwww

Joking aside, Hananoi is still sus for me, but at least there's development enough to lessen the red flags (just smitten tho), although it's also perfectly possible that I'm just desensitized already....
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
May 9, 10:25 AM
Nov 2022
SHE UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING!

AUTHENTIC CINEMA 🚬
May 13, 12:19 AM

Feb 2016
If japanese consumers of this love animes think that this is love, they need psicologycal attention... This isn't about love... Hananoi is an obsesive-posesive guy...
May 14, 7:30 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Even Hotaru can see that Hananoi has 0 friend skills, just his fixation on her alone. And his reasoning is using an earthquake scenario 💀 for someone with that much clout at school.. I call bs on the student body's taste.

Hotaru gets to be a little rebel and go on the forbidden roof o_o welp. I'll say, sitting down between his legs to cover the both of you with the sweater feels rather inefficient. The only heat he'll feel is from the two of them sitting up close to each other.

Nice for them to get a date in, Hotaru's efforts are cute in how they are so plainly obvious.
May 17, 11:11 AM

Oct 2011
I thought it was kinda cute until he lied about the door being locked. Weak.

The date was also cute but Jesus, why they have to make everything so unnecessary dramatic lol. He really could have just catch that ball or use his hand to cover them and not his fucking head.

I don't think I have ever seen such an anti-cliamtic confession scene hmm.

I'm not sure, I don't really like it but somehow I want more.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - 3 hours ago

4 by SenshadouOtaku »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

147 by JonDingoman »»
Jun 4, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30

43 by whimsidoll »»
Jun 4, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23

46 by m0e9i8 »»
May 31, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

42 by afiqahahahahahah »»
May 28, 9:45 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.