Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Unnamed Memory (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 5, 10:28 AM

Jun 2020
I kind of hate pregnancy romance trope so I hope there is not gonna be one but for now it’s look safe
Apr 5, 6:02 PM

Feb 2019
Yea no doubt best premiere of the season. Went into this thinking it would be another JRPG inspired fantasy with your usual tropes and came away with my jaw on the floor.

For a show that basically had 25 minutes of pure dialogue, they managed to make it feel so dynamic and alive. Tinasha and the MC’s seiyuus have that nice natural subdued voice that really helps immerse you. The banter between Oscar and Tinasha was quick and snappy. Still think it’s hilarious he going after his great grandfather’s ex lmao.

Bro basically said well if I can’t get anyone else pregnant, why not you? 😂

The witch’s curse or blessing, makes for a cool journey style story of which we’ve had a few lately with Undead Girl, Frieren and Majo to Yajuu last season. Think I’ll like this just as much as those.

I’m guessing the witch that cursed the MC probably had a thing for his dad and was jealous? But let’s see what the author got cooked up. Lot of cool places this could go.

Production values are very good, characters are enjoyable and we got a waifu of the season candidate? Not to mention the story being interesting. Extremely moved.
Marinate1016Apr 5, 6:33 PM
Apr 5, 7:30 PM

May 2013
Interesting, was a pretty fun ep 1 to watch, characters seems to be really enjoyable, really like the MCs characters so far, they have fun interactions that is enjoyable to watch.
xBrokenApr 5, 7:35 PM
Apr 6, 4:41 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Ronninn
It's actually somehow a decent premiere even though it's a little fast paced. I guess it's fine considering ENGI's standards.

Wouldn't still get my hopes up for this if I we're ya'll lmao, ENGI's still making this, even worse it's 2 cours.

Remember guys, if the show still miraculously moves in the 2nd cour. It's by none other the work of this guy https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=ryuuki_hashimoto (he's stuck at ENGI, free him)
@Ronninn, there will be a second season.
Apr 6, 5:11 AM
Apr 2023
22_Rohan said:
I hope they make a good adaptation
but for now the 1st episode looks solid
Tinasha has a super interesting personality

Yep since the LN was really good so they better not f this up.
Apr 6, 5:25 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Clawgg
22_Rohan said:
I hope they make a good adaptation
but for now the 1st episode looks solid
Tinasha has a super interesting personality

Yep since the LN was really good so they better not f this up.
@MR_SeeR, let's hope for it!
Apr 6, 5:27 AM
Apr 2023
Memore said:

And I hear that there's a second cour too?
Apr 6, 5:28 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Clawgg
Memore said:

And I hear that there's a second cour too?
@MR_SeeR, yes, split. I think in Fall it will air like it was with Dead Mount Death Play.
Apr 6, 5:29 AM
Apr 2023
Memore said:
@MR_SeeR, yes, split. I think in Fall it will air like it was with Dead Mount Death Play.

Welp I have plenty of time to read all of the 6 LN volumes by then.
Apr 6, 9:40 AM
Apr 2017
Blind anime only here.

I really enjoyed the first episode, the character designs, voices and personalities are top tier so far. Male protagonist is not your typical whiny, shy teen type and is instead confident, smug and isn't afraid to state what he wants. Female protag is cute, witty and doesn't blindly accept whatever the Male MC does.

Definitely gonna enjoy their relationship going forward from this point, strong first episode that establishes the setting and plot of the series.
Apr 6, 9:07 PM

May 2010
I really like it so far, looks promising 😍💖
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Apr 8, 4:51 AM
Nov 2021
I hope they will start to like each other. Coz then it will be a nice rom+fantasy.
Apr 8, 10:35 AM
Jul 2023
Reply to kuu0haku
@LostSpectre what comedic intentions? He had a wish he could use and asked her to be his wife as the wish. What continues is a negotiation about that point and Fmc tries to renege on the deal and mc doesn't let her do that, and that's a big yikes? What?
@kuu0haku Except his wish was for her to cure his ED. She said she could not and and that's the end of that deal. It's like blaming the genie when you waste a wish on some bs
Apr 8, 12:28 PM
Feb 2017
Reply to sodrainz
@kuu0haku Except his wish was for her to cure his ED. She said she could not and and that's the end of that deal. It's like blaming the genie when you waste a wish on some bs
@sodrainz I said I wouldn't bother anymore with this, so I'm just replying to you to say the same thing, I'm not bothering with this any longer, sorry about that.
Apr 8, 4:45 PM
Mar 2019
Now that's a pretty bold way of getting rid of a curse...or blessing. This is going the fantasy love story way. I hope there are more action-packed moments to go along with all the flirting. hihi
Apr 8, 10:52 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Reply to Aluminum_
Hello, Seele from another world lmao. Anw, this one looks promising. Hoping that it won’t let us down
@Aluminum_ Lol, I thought too.
Apr 9, 4:36 AM

Nov 2018
Great anime. Loving it. The animation is great too. The ending song is quite nice as well. Tinasha and Oscar are both interesting, esp. love Tinasha.
Apr 9, 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
Ok first episode, i'm following the scanlated manga arrived at
, if is a 24 episode adaption splitted into two seasons then it can maybe reach the manga. Btw, maybe someone into the LN can tell me if the
is going to be solved asap or will drag for many chapters? Is an annoying trope.
Apr 9, 8:45 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I enjoyed that A LOT, the interactions between Oscar and Tinasha are endearing. This has a unique premise, too, this looks to me more like a romance story right now. She's already chummy enough to touch his face at the end lol

Beautiful OP and ED.
SmudyApr 9, 8:49 AM
Apr 9, 9:27 AM
Apr 2016
It's not bad. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 9, 9:35 AM

May 2019
Good start to this series. While Oscar couldn't have the curse or "blessing" lifted at least Tinasha will be around for a year at his place. Also, I'm curious as to what Oscar's father did or didn't do that warranted the other witch for casting the curse.
Apr 9, 9:43 AM
Sep 2015
Instead of forcing the witch to live with him, he should just ask for a magic that can let him produce a child without using womb (to be direct, male pregnancy), I'd be willing to impregnate him or be impregnated by him. What he does did confirm that producing a child is just his secondary objective, his primary objective is, he just want to taste woman's body sexually, and I don't blame him that desire that.
Apr 9, 10:16 AM

Mar 2021
A good first episode. Introduces us to to the characters, a little world building, sets up the direction the series will take, etc. The production values also seem pretty good. This one could be a lot of fun.
Apr 9, 11:20 AM

Aug 2017
At least a show on Tuesday! I'll keep watching this Tinasha is quite charming and the chemistry she has with the mc is amusing and the serie having romance is a big plus.
Apr 9, 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
Ultra chad and cute stacy story. Been waiting for this one.
Apr 9, 12:23 PM
Nov 2021
I really liked this episode, tho I wish we couldve saw more of the trials he had to go through. The characters seem somewhat unique and I can see how this could be a pretty good romance where he tries to conquer her heart. But lets just ignore the difference in age...
Apr 9, 2:51 PM

Jun 2016
Tinasha is a waifu, instant loved her.
The Prince i s cool, his retainer on the other way is overly-annoying I hoped he was done for good... XD ;P
The plot seems interesting.
Apr 9, 3:05 PM

Mar 2020
Yeah definitely looks promising since it was good enough for me to finish the whole episode. Something that I haven't done in well over a month
Apr 9, 3:54 PM
Apr 2020
Why is the score so low on this? This is actually looking like it will be super good!!
Apr 9, 4:20 PM
Jan 2023
Hmm I can't decide whether I hate the MC or find him okay, in terms of personality. I quite like the witch, she has a distinctive personality. However omg this relationship is coercive at best and forceful at worst. I suppose I shouldn't expect any better from an anime whose premise is literally just a wife plot.

I can't tell who the target audience is for this anime. I'll wait to see but so far Tinasha is the only compelling thing about this anime.

Overall I feel concerned about the consent going on in this anime, but I'll keep watching for now to see where it goes. It might not be doomed, it seems to have SOME potential.
Apr 9, 4:20 PM
Jan 2023
Limi said:
Hey... Hey... Concede and let me pump some babies into you. Hey... Stop struggling and be a surrogate for me to impregnate. Hey...

Really lol.

The show still seems okay, but the MC seems quite rapey.

I couldn't agree more
Apr 9, 4:59 PM
Jun 2012
Seems nice so far.
First episode seemed really fast. Like, what was so hard about that tower?
Snakes, puzzle, Guardian Lion and some Gargoyles? Was that it?

The dynamic seems like it will be interesting.
As a Prince he has a strong desire to continue his bloodline and found the easiest way out. Romance the girl in front of him, lol.

Seems like Tinasha liked Oscar's Great-Grandfather. Platonic or not we shall see.

Also doesn't great-grandfather seem too much of a gap for 70 years? Or is that just me?
Would be nice to get some ages of Oscar's family tree.
I do wonder what the average life span is in this world for humans and witches.
Apr 9, 5:01 PM

Jan 2017
The protagonist's suggestion was borderline rapey indeed (so he's just like every other male in shoujo stuff lmao), but I'm at the point where I appreciate every non pussy mc who doesn't shy away flustered when encountering a girl. It was cringe, but also sort of refreshing. We need more protagonists with balls. Just make them somewhat less creepy, if possible.
鬼に逢うては鬼を斬る
仏に逢うては仏を斬る
ツルギの理ここに在り
Apr 9, 5:30 PM

Mar 2021
Love the male and female leads here. Not only their chemistry together, but overall. I really enjoy having an adult male lead who is calm, confident, capable, and doesn't freak out when confronted with a beautiful woman. In fact, they are both refreshingly laid-back. I'm getting Frieren/Unwanted Undead Adventurer vibes, to reference some recent fantasy shows with chill leads.

Anyways, this looks like the start of something very enjoyable. Hoping for lots of romantic development to come. This is the beginning of your redemption arc, studio ENGI, come on! I'm rooting for you!
Apr 9, 5:53 PM
May 2017
Água mole em pedra dura tanto bate até que fura.
Soft water on hard stone hits until it pierces.

Resistência causa sofrimento.
Resistance causes suffering.

Very good beginning episode!
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 9, 5:57 PM
May 2017
Reply to FMmatron
Surprised by how much I like Tinasha.
@FMmatron Tinasha is precious. Oscar hit bullseye.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 9, 6:13 PM

Sep 2023
It was okay, I like Tinasha but Oscar reeks of bad vibes. Hopefully, he gets better as the story develops.
Apr 9, 6:34 PM
Mar 2019
Interesting premise. I hope it doesn't turn into some cringy rom-com. I have high hopes.

“We all have our time machines, don't we. Those that take us back are memories... And those that carry us forward, are dreams.”
― H.G. Wells, The Time Machine

Apr 9, 6:36 PM

Nov 2010
These characters are played by the same VA. very colorful.

kuroneko99Apr 9, 6:39 PM
Apr 9, 7:09 PM
Feb 2020
Am i tripping or wasnt this listed as 20 episodes before?
Apr 9, 7:38 PM
Jan 2024
tinasha waifu of the season
and ed of the season maybe?
Apr 9, 7:39 PM
Jan 2024
kuroneko99 said:
These characters are played by the same VA. very colorful.

also lisa from zankyou no terror
Apr 9, 8:31 PM

Apr 2009
That was a lot of fun. Oscar and Tinasha are both enjoyable characters who play off of each other very well. The rest of the season could just be them having witty, spirited back and forth and I'd be happy.

Oscar's manservant got annoying kind of quick, but I did chuckle when Oscar was musing about math theory while the servant was loudly getting attacked by snakes in the background.
Apr 9, 9:50 PM
Sep 2022
Limi said:
Hey... Hey... Concede and let me pump some babies into you. Hey... Stop struggling and be a surrogate for me to impregnate. Hey...

Really lol.

The show still seems okay, but the MC seems quite rapey.

Right?!? It's super gross. There's also the line about litterally grooming a girl to be his perfect wife, like.. the fuck?
Apr 10, 5:23 AM
Aug 2020
a good first ep

i'm already excited to learn more...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 10, 6:59 AM
Dec 2023
Pretty nice so far. Very chill
Apr 10, 9:09 AM
Jan 2018
Promising first episode, looks good.

People calling this rapey or whatever as usual always look for something to cry about on everything, feel had for them tbh, not interested in arguing, and I rarely ever say what I think because I believe 99% of people like that are not worth the time or effort, so back to putting people's mental vomit on mute and continue to enjoy what I like and not shit on what's not for me, best to all ♥️
Apr 10, 9:29 AM
Nov 2022
It looks interesting, I like the dynamics it presents, I'm going to give it a chance to see how things develop.
Apr 10, 10:21 AM
Apr 2022
Am I the only one who found Lazar annoying? Like, Oscar came this far, and is busily fighting, and he's constantly nagging at Oscar to "give up and go home." Like, let the man fight. He's the one who's cursed, not you. Geez.
Apr 10, 11:13 AM

Mar 2014
Meh boring but the worst part is how annoying that manservant is
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21

42 by Achilles074 »»
22 minutes ago

» What on earth happened in this episode 8?

mufarari - May 29

11 by ehee47 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 28

51 by tekkenshu7 »»
Yesterday, 7:03 AM

» Look ENGI has a reputation but

Shamsy - Apr 16

8 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
May 30, 7:00 PM

Poll: » Unnamed Memory Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14

79 by scineram »»
May 26, 1:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.