Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 9, 6:16 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Fireine Am I required to provide any "evidence" if all this activity happened at the exact moment you started this thread here? As far as I can tell from the screenshot from reddit, the dialogue in question also happened today. There are too many coincidences with very good timing to assume they were random
@RobertBobert despite this, it isn't something you can succinctly prove; and it's also external to this website. this discussion is directly related to actual content published here; so is absolutely relevant. Google also crawls this data and publishes it near the top of its search results. So if the data is not correct, it should be fixed if the fandom doesn't want a particular character potentially misrepresented.
Mar 9, 6:23 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Fireine
@RobertBobert despite this, it isn't something you can succinctly prove; and it's also external to this website. this discussion is directly related to actual content published here; so is absolutely relevant. Google also crawls this data and publishes it near the top of its search results. So if the data is not correct, it should be fixed if the fandom doesn't want a particular character potentially misrepresented.
@Fireine Again, there are too many coincidences whose explanation requires too many assumptions. https://lgbtqia-characters.fandom.com/wiki/Ruka_Urushibara?type=revision&diff=88082&oldid=79056 At the same time, if you look at the original author's contribution to the LGBTQ wiki, you will notice that they previously tried to rewrite the Ruka article into an article about "trans Kurisu" (for which, by the way, they were banned by local administrators). Not only by linking to your thread, but by doing so in a manner similar to your comments here, where you linking transgender terms with links to external sites. https://www.reddit.com/r/Kurisutina/comments/1b9ww40/is_kurisu_makise_a_transgender_woman/ As I expected, the reddit thread was actually created today as well.

So, not only did you create an article to use as an argument in this thread, but you actually looped it around, using the same thread to support the article's take, lmao.
Mar 9, 6:25 AM

Jun 2022
@deg I think most of the backlash we see is related to this absolute fact. Nice observation.
Mar 9, 6:27 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Fireine Again, there are too many coincidences whose explanation requires too many assumptions. https://lgbtqia-characters.fandom.com/wiki/Ruka_Urushibara?type=revision&diff=88082&oldid=79056 At the same time, if you look at the original author's contribution to the LGBTQ wiki, you will notice that they previously tried to rewrite the Ruka article into an article about "trans Kurisu" (for which, by the way, they were banned by local administrators). Not only by linking to your thread, but by doing so in a manner similar to your comments here, where you linking transgender terms with links to external sites. https://www.reddit.com/r/Kurisutina/comments/1b9ww40/is_kurisu_makise_a_transgender_woman/ As I expected, the reddit thread was actually created today as well.

So, not only did you create an article to use as an argument in this thread, but you actually looped it around, using the same thread to support the article's take, lmao.
@RobertBobert world-line divergence could easily skew the nature of ones very existence. A string that maps uniquely to Ruka (as you've linked, though unofficial and not endorsed by MAGES) at time and space could have been reassigned to Kurisu given the nature of world-line divergence. But you knew this already (I assume you're mathematically sophisticated enough to reach these same conclusions until proven otherwise). The very wiki you're referencing isn't officially maintained by MAGES. So exactly anything it contains shouldn't be a reliable source unless published otherwise at an official statement by the publishers. Let us know if that data materializes. Until then, this (subtle) canon cannot be succinctly disproven.
FireineMar 9, 6:32 AM
Mar 9, 6:43 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Fireine
@RobertBobert world-line divergence could easily skew the nature of ones very existence. A string that maps uniquely to Ruka (as you've linked, though unofficial and not endorsed by MAGES) at time and space could have been reassigned to Kurisu given the nature of world-line divergence. But you knew this already (I assume you're mathematically sophisticated enough to reach these same conclusions until proven otherwise). The very wiki you're referencing isn't officially maintained by MAGES. So exactly anything it contains shouldn't be a reliable source unless published otherwise at an official statement by the publishers. Let us know if that data materializes. Until then, this (subtle) canon cannot be succinctly disproven.
@Fireine What exactly can be refuted in my argument by the fact that this is not an official wiki? The fact that you unironically tried to edit the wiki to confirm your take on the forum in 2024? Or were you in that way hoping that copying our dialogue above and reversing the roles in it, would somehow make your position look better? Sorry, this won't work without context.

I also advise you to study the concept of "burden of proof". It is up to you to prove your theory and you cannot claim that your theory cannot be refuted because people have not literally proven the opposite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot At least read about Russell's Teapot. With that logic, we'd have to conclude that all the characters in the title could be said to be trans, since the writers apparently didn't waste time disproving that Okabe and or any of his friends were trans.
Mar 9, 7:05 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Fireine What exactly can be refuted in my argument by the fact that this is not an official wiki? The fact that you unironically tried to edit the wiki to confirm your take on the forum in 2024? Or were you in that way hoping that copying our dialogue above and reversing the roles in it, would somehow make your position look better? Sorry, this won't work without context.

I also advise you to study the concept of "burden of proof". It is up to you to prove your theory and you cannot claim that your theory cannot be refuted because people have not literally proven the opposite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot At least read about Russell's Teapot. With that logic, we'd have to conclude that all the characters in the title could be said to be trans, since the writers apparently didn't waste time disproving that Okabe and or any of his friends were trans.
@RobertBobert Well, if you truly are this anti-trans, then tis' the season for revisionist history I guess. Feel free to submit a request to edit her bio to relinquish this subtle canon and remove all doubt that Kurisu is a biological female. But until then, this subtle canon cannot, and will not be refuted until proven otherwise by an official source (MAGES).
Mar 9, 7:17 AM
Apr 2023
πŸ—Ώ”as a girl” simply means when she was younger. What are you on?? ^_^
Mar 9, 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Fireine
@RobertBobert Well, if you truly are this anti-trans, then tis' the season for revisionist history I guess. Feel free to submit a request to edit her bio to relinquish this subtle canon and remove all doubt that Kurisu is a biological female. But until then, this subtle canon cannot, and will not be refuted until proven otherwise by an official source (MAGES).
@Fireine We have no doubt that she is a cis woman. Only you put forward a theory that was later disproved, but you are trying in different ways to avoid this (Essentially shifting responsibility for your headcanons to other people). Either by engaging in logic-defying mental gymnastics, or by outright fraud by editing wikis or distorting other people's answers to support their own narrative. And don’t even try to call me anti-trans, you are the one, who increase transphobia by giving trans people the reputation of people who see every little thing as proof of a character’s gender identity. As I said above, with the same logic you could argue that all the characters are trans, since MAGES never directly denied that Okabe or Shizuka were not trans. For obvious reasons, but you don't seem to understand it.
Mar 9, 7:28 AM

Apr 2012
@Fireine I don't need any "mathematical analysis" to disprove that a theory that requires mental gymnastics, logical fallacies and wiki editing to prove it is not true. Especially when you reach the point of complete absurdity, linking in a thread to a wiki article, which in turn links to a thread, lol.
Mar 9, 7:42 AM

Sep 2018
Kurisu was a women designed to compliment the mcs personality and hobbies. If she was trans, her skeletal frame would be wider like broad shoulders.
Mar 9, 8:13 AM
Nov 2022
ratliker63 said:
Buny0058 said:
If people aren’t specifically interested in being trans. Then they’re straight. As simple as that.

Literally zero sign/hint of her being this.

you can be trans and straight

Oh i didn’t think of that. Good point.

But i would really like to see how that worked. I guess somebody being way too much into yuri for example could go like that.
Mar 9, 8:47 AM
Jun 2021
Why would MAL have some secret info that no one else has about her gender
Mar 9, 9:47 AM
Aug 2022
my brother in Christ, have you even seen the anime?
Mar 9, 10:02 AM

Jan 2017
Fireine said:
Can someone say more about their thoughts regarding this?

Simple, if you need someone to approve of your choices of life, talk to your family, your friend, a counsellor... If you need a fiction to do so, just create one, don't try to force your state of mind on an, already existing, piece of media that has nothing to do with it...

And after all of that, people still are shocked to see the amount of anti-LGBTQIA+...
Alexioos95Mar 9, 10:05 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 9, 10:33 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to rohan121
Kurisu was a women designed to compliment the mcs personality and hobbies. If she was trans, her skeletal frame would be wider like broad shoulders.
@rohan121 Much like this attached picture of Kurisu?

Mar 9, 10:38 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
Fireine said:
Can someone say more about their thoughts regarding this?

Simple, if you need someone to approve of your choices of life, talk to your family, your friend, a counsellor... If you need a fiction to do so, just create one, don't try to force your state of mind on an, already existing, piece of media that has nothing to do with it...

And after all of that, people still are shocked to see the amount of anti-LGBTQIA+...
@Alexioos95 I never asked for approval, only answers.

Mar 9, 10:44 AM

Jan 2017
Fireine said:
I never asked for approval, only answers.

You tries to hide your insecurity behind your search of logical answers, and everyone already realized that, hence the lot of hate you are getting here. You would have more chance on Twitter, to be honest...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Mar 9, 10:52 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@Fireine I don't need any "mathematical analysis" to disprove that a theory that requires mental gymnastics, logical fallacies and wiki editing to prove it is not true. Especially when you reach the point of complete absurdity, linking in a thread to a wiki article, which in turn links to a thread, lol.
@RobertBobert you need a mathematical proof to succinctly disprove a logical claim. You can't even succinctly prove it was me that created or edited the wiki. But nice try though. You're just mad that others think this is canon. Including others at the SG community at large (mods); namely Reddit.
Mar 9, 10:53 AM
Sep 2020
How is this brainrot the longest mal thread I’ve ever seenπŸ’€
Mar 9, 10:55 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Alexioos95
Fireine said:
I never asked for approval, only answers.

You tries to hide your insecurity behind your search of logical answers, and everyone already realized that, hence the lot of hate you are getting here. You would have more chance on Twitter, to be honest...
@Alexioos95 I want whatever you're smoking. I simply fielded a question given the nature of the bio hosted at this very site. If you could read critically you'd see where where I'm coming from. "as a girl," should absolutely be fixed if Kurisu isn't trans.
Mar 9, 11:01 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to RobertBobert
@RobertBobert community consensus is important when it comes to the identification of canon. And I found (some) on reddit. And here. Even if the overwhelming majority would like to think this is untrue, if there is subtle canon implying otherwise it could later be uncovered at the future that I am, indeed correct. Again, we are discussing a fictional character; who I presume you 'think' genuinely exists for some reason.
Mar 9, 11:05 AM

Nov 2019
why is this bait thread still up

mods do your job
sneed's feed and seed
formerly chuck's
Mar 9, 11:24 AM

Feb 2010
A thread was kicked off the Popular New Discussion leaderboard for this
Mar 9, 11:33 AM

Jun 2020
What is dude even waffling about
Mar 9, 11:33 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Nyarly-Kanamin
What is dude even waffling about
@Nyarly-Kanamin
Mar 9, 11:35 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Eikonomachia
why is this bait thread still up

mods do your job
@Eikonomachia I fielded a serious question. A qst isn't bait. We're engaging at (actual) discourse about subtle canon at a bio at this very website.
Mar 9, 11:35 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Shishio-kun
@Shishio-kun For what? Transphobia? I wasn't the one to introduce transphobic remarks. I merely fielded a question.
Mar 9, 11:36 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Mescalink
@Mescalink bc we identified subtle canon at a very public facing page at this very website, indexed at Google as #2 at search for this particular character.
Mar 9, 11:39 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
top quality bait kek
or maybe some people are just obsessed with making every character in anime trans
Mar 9, 11:40 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Mescalink
@Mescalink roll over to a booru, type in Makise Kurisu at the search field and let us know what you find after you've parsed the entire db β˜•
Mar 9, 11:41 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
top quality bait kek
or maybe some people are just obsessed with making every character in anime trans
@BigBoyAdvance the anti-trans roasties are seething. but that wasn't the intent. I simply had a question to field about the Science Adventure series.
Mar 9, 11:41 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
I've played the Steins;Gate visual novel and seen all the endings. I can confirm, Makise Kurisu is trans. But only in one of the timelines. There is a secret scene where Okabe gobbles Kuristina's massive 9 inch schlong. Only real Steins;Gate fans like me will know this fact.
Mar 9, 11:45 AM
Sep 2020

13 hours ago is crazy
Mar 9, 11:45 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
I've played the Steins;Gate visual novel and seen all the endings. I can confirm, Makise Kurisu is trans. But only in one of the timelines. There is a secret scene where Okabe gobbles Kuristina's massive 9 inch schlong. Only real Steins;Gate fans like me will know this fact.
@BigBoyAdvance It appears that even you have accepted this subtle, recently unearthed subtle canon as fact. Though yet officially unverified, super based.
Mar 9, 11:50 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Mescalink

13 hours ago is crazy
@Mescalink that's what happens when peeps uncover new, subtle canon at a series. I think it's quite common with easter eggs at videogames as well.
Mar 9, 11:50 AM

Jun 2021
the bait is so strong i'm choking on it, just like i'm choking on makise kurisu's 12 inch gigacock, OP is right
Mar 9, 11:51 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to mohamedo_abuduru
the bait is so strong i'm choking on it, just like i'm choking on makise kurisu's 12 inch gigacock, OP is right
@mohamedo_abuduru Can you tell us about the Doujinshi you're referencing, or if this is implied from STEINS;GATE: Linear Bounded Phenogram? (Which exactly none of us can purchse bc we don't have STEINS;GATE ELITE, and you must have elite for Linear Bounded Phenogram).
Mar 9, 11:51 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
@baldingcheeto
Ironic how people like ^ respond to insults with insults. And they feel justified in doing so.
Mar 9, 11:52 AM

Jun 2022
Reply to Shishio-kun
@Shishio-kun Can you say more about precisely why the thread was kicked from Popular New Discussion leaderboard?
Mar 9, 12:21 PM
Mar 2022
no. not even close. the closest thing to a trans person is Ruka, but thats because on all but at least two world lines, he is a guy. also, there is no indication kurisu is trans at any point. she is a cis female in the games and in the anime. nobody identifies her as a him
Mar 9, 12:32 PM

May 2021
Reply to Fireine
@Alexioos95 I want whatever you're smoking. I simply fielded a question given the nature of the bio hosted at this very site. If you could read critically you'd see where where I'm coming from. "as a girl," should absolutely be fixed if Kurisu isn't trans.
@Fireine You already got a logical answer to that, multiple times, and it's "NO", "as a girl" simply means "as a kid"
Mar 9, 12:32 PM
Mar 2022
Stoopid topic u opened here bro. Just delete it please….
Mar 9, 1:31 PM

Jul 2017
No. She is an animated drawing. You are welcome
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
Mar 9, 3:07 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to DigiCat
@Fireine You already got a logical answer to that, multiple times, and it's "NO", "as a girl" simply means "as a kid"
@DigiCat I've received a myriad of different responses and have determined there's no definitive community consensus as of yet. But thank you for your response!
Mar 9, 3:48 PM

Jun 2012
I usually don't interpret fan written character biographies in a different language into the text of an anime based on a visual novel, but it's a fun little exercise.
Mar 9, 5:10 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to Ochimusha
I usually don't interpret fan written character biographies in a different language into the text of an anime based on a visual novel, but it's a fun little exercise.
@Ochimusha especially when this specific biography (internal to this website, likely hosted at the very server we're communicating at right now) shows up as literally #2 at the Google search algorithm when you search for "Makise Kurisu" at G. It's not like MAGES interpretation or press releases related to the char in question (Kurisu) are indexed by Googles search algorithm in a competitive way so this subtle possible canon might as well be fact.
FireineMar 9, 5:14 PM
Mar 9, 6:12 PM

Jul 2019
Ok so I am too lazy to actually go into depth into this but do you realise that MAL mods (and users indirectly) can change whatever is said on the character bio? Obviously, they won't put random bullshit that is very clearly false, but anything can be written there even slightly misleading information. Case in point (I wrote the entire bio when I submitted it many moons ago).

The reason why I mentioned any need to go into depth about this is because I wanted to check the source but the page is completely fucked so one would have to use the wayback machine or something. For some reason, maybe due to the nature of the text--doesn't seem all that well connected in terms of the flow of writing I guess, I doubt that any serious fandom wiki would have the kind of bio that MAL has for Kurisu.

Maybe you are just overthinking this. But I would recommend going into depth with the original sources and find what you can from there.
Mar 9, 6:15 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to NextUniverse
Ok so I am too lazy to actually go into depth into this but do you realise that MAL mods (and users indirectly) can change whatever is said on the character bio? Obviously, they won't put random bullshit that is very clearly false, but anything can be written there even slightly misleading information. Case in point (I wrote the entire bio when I submitted it many moons ago).

The reason why I mentioned any need to go into depth about this is because I wanted to check the source but the page is completely fucked so one would have to use the wayback machine or something. For some reason, maybe due to the nature of the text--doesn't seem all that well connected in terms of the flow of writing I guess, I doubt that any serious fandom wiki would have the kind of bio that MAL has for Kurisu.

Maybe you are just overthinking this. But I would recommend going into depth with the original sources and find what you can from there.
@NextUniverse

Unfortunately, only MAL mods have superuser privileges at this context. rando's can only petition to change something. perhaps it's reasonable to expect MODS, if they're going to write a bio that is indexed by Google as a top source to provide credible information about a char based at official sources only. And, if it's inaccurate, to update it. But perhaps my statement is naive.
FireineMar 9, 6:19 PM
Mar 9, 6:22 PM

Jul 2019
Reply to Fireine
@NextUniverse

Unfortunately, only MAL mods have superuser privileges at this context. rando's can only petition to change something. perhaps it's reasonable to expect MODS, if they're going to write a bio that is indexed by Google as a top source to provide credible information about a char based at official sources only. And, if it's inaccurate, to update it. But perhaps my statement is naive.
@Fireine
If there is a legitimate reason to change something objectively, then it can be done by a sole user. Case in point, this thread (I managed to get the Akira image to change).

I don't exactly know what you are getting at here with this comment, but from what I can understand of it I just wouldn't put too much faith in the mods. Idk how good it is these days but whatever. Not the cleanest of track records.
Mar 9, 6:28 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to NextUniverse
@Fireine
If there is a legitimate reason to change something objectively, then it can be done by a sole user. Case in point, this thread (I managed to get the Akira image to change).

I don't exactly know what you are getting at here with this comment, but from what I can understand of it I just wouldn't put too much faith in the mods. Idk how good it is these days but whatever. Not the cleanest of track records.
@NextUniverse I've already submitted a request to have the biography modified to conform to an official implementation hopefully sourced from MAGES. But regarding 'actual' approval..."No one knows what the future holds.".

If you're going to produce an anime about Science Adventures, you'd better expect actual Scientists (reminiscent of Kyouma or legit people) to get affiliated with the fandom and point things out that seem displaced / interesting. The same can be said about constructing a public facing bio indexed as a top source at G. If a researcher finds something that even 'seems' out of pocket, they're going to say something eventually. If only for the hell of it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Jun 28, 2011

629 by TheSunLife »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 14, 2011

317 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 7, 2011

280 by FarCritical »»
Sep 22, 9:36 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

267 by chris1763 »»
Sep 22, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

BladedWarrior - May 31, 2011

419 by FarCritical »»
Sep 21, 1:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.